Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Mayans' 2012 Prediction - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mayans' 2012 Prediction (15666 Views)

Photos From Calabar Festival 2012 / CARNIVAL CALABAR 2012: Post Your Pictures! / Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mayans' 2012 Prediction by shevon: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
I am not that religious neither am I a strong believer of science. But looking at the things that have been happening around the world like the global warming and its resultant effect (which some people argue that it had been foreseen as far back as 20years ago) and also considering what the Bible said (I don't know if the Holy Qur'an mentioned anything about it) about the end time, should we also not be taking the prediction of the Mayan's about the world ending by 21st Dec, 2012 seriously? I am not posting this to scare people or have some people throw insults at each other or myself, I just want us to reason along the line of logic. Your comments please.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
ithe Mayan prediction might be metaphoric. This might just be the beginning of the End. .
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
The prediction is a joke.
In fact i wouldnt be surprised if this hype was the result of misinterpretation (bad translation).
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2012
^you are a joke. dont discredit something if you cant provide anything.

im pretty sure they were much intelligent than you.

3 Likes

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by navygrl: 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ok first off. The Mayans did not say 2012 was the end of the world, Hollywood did that. Second biblical and other prophecies are vague and can match contemporary situation through interpretation hence she the religion has survived so long. Global warming is a normal cycle of the planet for millions of years (global warming triggers ice ages), the argument is whether humans sped it up.

3 Likes

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by nyameke: 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
Well the world would not end in Dec.. what will end is the current race or period of humanity evolution . The current period which is the Aryan race ( we are all part of the Aryan race ) will end in Dec. and the 6th race it period of humanity evolution will be ushered in. The 6th period will be all about integration and harmony. Humanity will begin to understand the physical and the metaphysical worlds and great wonders will be done and many secrets revealed.

The last race will be the paradisian race

4 Likes

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:10am On Oct 04, 2012
^^^^we are far from the Aryan race. descendants of the Aryan are found today in North India.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by nyameke: 3:40am On Oct 04, 2012
^^^ lol dude don't buy into the whole Hitler/German or Indian Aryan BS that they feed the masses. We all are living in the Aryan period which began in 1bc and due to end in 2012 AD. The last race of mankind before this current one was the Atlantean race or period. Some of us are from future races but the current race period will end this year and the 6th one will be ushered in. Let those that have ears hear..

Btw Einstein is one of the fountainheads of the Aryan period/race

1 Like

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 5:59am On Oct 04, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^you are a joke. dont discredit something if you cant provide anything.

im pretty sure they were much intelligent than you.

yessir, and I am more intelligent than you cheesy
so i win.

Riddle me this also:
How can I discredit something after it has already been proven false? grin

#Mr.ThrowRock@Ground&MissDumb

1 Like

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 04, 2012
On the 22nd of Dec, I'll make sure I come back to this thread to laugh my a*ss out!! grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by ifyalways(f): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2012
^ ^ page bookmarked.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Afam4eva(m): 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
That date also marks the end of the Mayan calendar.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by navygrl: 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2012
afam4eva: That date also marks the end of the Mayan calendar.
exactly. They use a long form calendar as opposed to a solar calendar that we use today. Dec 21 2011 is the same as Dec 31 to us. World doent end new years eve, calendar simply restarts. Something members of the Mayan tribes have been saying for years now
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
nyameke: ^^^ lol dude don't buy into the whole Hitler/German or Indian Aryan BS that they feed the masses. We all are living in the Aryan period which began in 1bc and due to end in 2012 AD. The last race of mankind before this current one was the Atlantean race or period. Some of us are from future races but the current race period will end this year and the 6th one will be ushered in. Let those that have ears hear..

Btw Einstein is one of the fountainheads of the Aryan period/race

you are talking BS yourself! angry

the Germans were not Aryans. hitler was a liar.

the Aryans are the Iranians (only the full-blooded ones) and many groups of upper-caste Indians.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
*Kails*:

so i win.

Riddle me this also:

you not only lack intelligence, you also tend to be of a very narrow nature.

it has not been proven false. there are different schools of thought with regards to these predictions. remember, the Mayans charted the path of the stars and planets without even using telescopes.
THis prediction might be metaphorical.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by nyameke: 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you are talking BS yourself! angry

the Germans were not Aryans. hitler was a liar.

the Aryans are the Iranians (only the full-blooded ones) and many groups of upper-caste Indians.
no the Aryans are not Iranians or Indians. Stay getting deceived..

Yes Hitler was a liar but he understood something's that most of you don't know. The Aryan race applies to all of us and this era which is about to end.. Hitler used the term to build his master race, hoping nobody would notice. The bottom line is the Aryan race (not the Germans or Iranians or some Indians ) represents the things we are learning in this era of mankind . This era began in the year 1 BC and goes to 2012 AD ...way before and after Hitler. This is not well known, but Hitler was a mystic, a black one.

He used secret mystical keys to raise himself to power. Some of this mystical bent comes across in his dictatorship. For instance the Nazi symbol is a mystical cross turned on its side, which from an energetic sense is kind of like using a pentagram upside down. It shows the force being applied for lower ends or evil , rather than higher more pure ends for good..

When he said he wanted to create a master race from the "Aryan race/period " he and some of his cohorts knew exactly what he meant. Only the masses didn't know.

Btw the whole Iranian and Indian link to the so called Aryan race is all a detour from the real truth.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
Shollypopz: On the 22nd of Dec, I'll make sure I come back to this thread to laugh my a*ss out!! grin grin grin

seconded!!!
His predictions is a tall story i don't believe it

1 Like

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by nyameke: 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2012
Shollypopz: On the 22nd of Dec, I'll make sure I come back to this thread to laugh my a*ss out!! grin grin grin
what exactly will you be laughing about do you understand the end of an era and the beginning of another one angry
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by shevon: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2012
I didn't know people took this (purported) prediction serious. Based on some of your comments, I was able to google articles related to the Mayans and I found one that was a bit detailed (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon) From what I deduced, the whole things is just about human calendar cycles. The December 21st, 2012 date just happens to fall on the last day of the Mayan long calendar, which marks the 5,125th year from the zero date (11 August 3114BC) when the last calendar ended (add 2012 to 3114 and you'll have 5125). I guess some people just capitalized on this ancient practice as to cause so sort of confusion, just like the Y2K frenzy.

1 Like

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by nyameke: 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
most of you have been so brainwashed that when you hear or see the word END in any prediction or prophesies all you think about is destruction, wars, end of the world bs. END does not equal or indicate DESTROY and could mean anything. In our case the DEC.21 2012 AD 11:11GMT end is just the end of a human era and another one will be ushered in. the earth is not getting destroyed on DEC 21 just the end of an human era or period. The next era will see mankind do amazing and mind blowing stuff which would have been considered impossible in this current era.

1 Like

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by nyameke: 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
btw if some of you have been paying attention you would have noticed a lot of sightings or encounter with the number 11 in your daily lives. we are at the 11th hour of humankind evolution.

2 Likes

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Ptolomeus(m): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
*Kails*:

so i win.

Riddle me this also:

I would not comment on the Mayan prediction ...
But only an illiterate can ignore what the Maya, Inca and Aztec have meaning ...
They rang scientifically today science has failed to rediscover.
Proof you read a good history book.
my respects
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Ptolomeus(m): 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
*Kails*:

so i win.

Riddle me this also:

I would not comment on the Mayan prediction ...
But only an illiterate can ignore what the Maya, Inca and Aztec have meaning ...
They rang scientifically today science has failed to rediscover.
Proof you read a good history book.
my respects
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by shevon: 7:17am On Oct 06, 2012
nyameke: btw if some of you have been paying attention you would have noticed a lot of sightings or encounter with the number 11 in your daily lives. we are at the 11th hour of humankind evolution.

Please, I don't understand what you mean by encountering the number 11 daily. Can you kindly sight an example?
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
Thumbs up if you thought the world would end in 2000. These people don come again oh
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
shevon: I didn't know people took this (purported) prediction serious. Based on some of your comments, I was able to google articles related to the Mayans and I found one that was a bit detailed (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon) From what I deduced, the whole things is just about human calendar cycles. The December 21st, 2012 date just happens to fall on the last day of the Mayan long calendar, which marks the 5,125th year from the zero date (11 August 3114BC) when the last calendar ended (add 2012 to 3114 and you'll have 5125). I guess some people just capitalized on this ancient practice as to cause so sort of confusion, just like the Y2K frenzy.

no. i can guarantee that some devious present day mexican (like many ppl who are descendants of ppl from great empires) wanted to make money and falsely translated the calendar and its meaning so as to get paid.

it's the same thing that was done with the egyptian hieroglyphs and continues to this day.
false/wrong translation can be a dangerous thing.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Shaw007(m): 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
December 21st is not far away. . .i just pray i die peacefully/make heaven,
#iftrue
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Shaw007(m): 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hmm. . .this is interesting

http://www.exitmundi.nl/Maya.htm
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
Are u just noticing that the world has come to an end grin grin grin... when war and world leadrs are busy tale men to 4ok asss and women to lick puuuussi ehn?

1 Like

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by tchaik(m): 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
navygrl: Ok first off. The Mayans did not say 2012 was the end of the world, Hollywood did that. Second biblical and other prophecies are vague and can match contemporary situation through interpretation hence she the religion has survived so long. Global warming is a normal cycle of the planet for millions of years (global warming triggers ice ages), the argument is whether humans sped it up.

Spot on gurl! If I may add, Mayans believed that the world as we know it will change (whatever that means), but NEVER SAID THAT THE WORLD WILL END!
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Shaw007(m): 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
Well. . .fron National geographic and the Internet. . .the world mIght Just End come dec. 21,but that doesn't mean you or I will die. . .just check ur webster for the meaning of that word 'END'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe, Obi Of Onitsha On Restructuring, Igbo Presidency / Meanings Of Musical Instruments In Your Language / Crab Mentality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.