Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? (5725 Views)

PHOTOS: Indomie Van Crashes Into Food Seller Store In Lagos / Popular Lagos-based Thrift Collector, Pa Alphaeus Olunaike, Recently Died At The / Please Help My Boyfriend Broke My Heart And I Find It Hard To Forget About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by Iranoladun(f): 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2012
Hi,

I am looking for a decent thrift store in Lagos where I can get rid of our old stuff in exchange for some cash or for newer items.
I am a semi pack-rat. I find it difficult to throw away stuff that I believe may be useful someday or that their usefulness have not expire. I am talking about stuff like old colour-TV, old sound system, old fans, pressing iron, gas cooker, furniture, dresses, shoes, bags bedding etc. I used to donate dresses & shoes to Red cross and Orphanage but what do you with the other stuff.

Do you have any idea on where I can locate a thrift store in Lagos where such things could be sold to earn some cash?

Do you have any experience in getting rid of old stuff that you and your family don't need any more? How did you manage it? undecided

I very much would like to hear from fellow Nairalanders.
Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by 2mch(m): 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2012
Why dont you start one . Since you are a pack rat with so many unused things people can buy?
Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by sophy09: 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
Aswani
Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by coogar: 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
Iranoladun: Hi,

I am looking for a decent thrift store in Lagos where I can get rid of our old stuff in exchange for some cash or for newer items.
I am a semi pack-rat. I find it difficult to throw away stuff that I believe may be useful someday or that their usefulness have not expire. I am talking about stuff like old colour-TV, old sound system, old fans, pressing iron, gas cooker, furniture, dresses, shoes, bags bedding etc. I used to donate dresses & shoes to Red cross and Orphanage but what do you with the other stuff.

Do you have any idea on where I can locate a thrift store in Lagos where such things could be sold to earn some cash?

Do you have any experience in getting rid of old stuff that you and your family don't need any more? How did you manage it? undecided

I very much would like to hear from fellow Nairalanders.

do car boot sales!
get a good DJ and a van, drive to UNILAG law faculty, tell your DJ to start spinning nice naija tunes as you display your unwanted goods....you should sell everything you have within 3-5 hours provided they are affordable!

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by slimyem: 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
sophy09: Aswani
yeah!
Aswani maybe...except that you'd be in charge of the selling and have to pay for space and other unofficial fees.
Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by Iranoladun(f): 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
Thanks everyone that have replied. I am serious about my request; I will appreciate a sincere/serious response. Please help a sister out sad

Aswani or Unilag is a no, no tongue I'm not interested in changing my profession this late lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by Johndoe100(m): 1:27am On Oct 04, 2012
This is what this board has become. Foreigners one and all.

@OP
I doubt you will get a thrift store. What is available are people that buy the stuff you have. They will either come, look them over and "price" the stuff or if you are the trusting type, you give them the items and they return with the cash. They are all over the place, at least in Lagos. I am not sure about clothes, but electronics etc. That's easy. Just ask the locals (the drivers, security mallams, electricians, plumbers etc.
Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by Iranoladun(f): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
Thank you JohnDoe100. I guess I will have to roll with your idea. undecided
Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by yamakuza: 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2012
Sell them online, or at least post classified ads.
Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by ilee1206: 8:52am On Oct 12, 2012
I hope you feel beautiful today.
[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by Onegai(f): 10:13am On Sep 25, 2015
Hello bumping this old thread

Please does anyone know any Thrift stores in Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by anonimi: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2015
Onegai:
Hello bumping this old thread

Please does anyone know any Thrift stores in Lagos?

May be time to set up one perhaps?
Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by Onegai(f): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
anonimi:

May be time to set up one perhaps?

Naahhh. I thought about it, with proceeds going to charity but this is Nigeria, too much wahala setting it up and finding a way to keep it running.
Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by radhiyah: 10:11am On Jul 09, 2016
Again and bargain at Anthony Maryland I get my stuff from there is always nice and cheap too.
The proceed goes to the widows I think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can I Find A Thrift Store In Lagos? by anonimi: 10:21am On Sep 05, 2016
radhiyah:
Again and bargain at Anthony Maryland I get my stuff from there is always nice and cheap too.
The proceed goes to the widows I think

Thanks for this reference.
I just looked at their website and they seem pretty serious and know what they are doing.

RED ACACIA'S WIDOW PROGRAM

Red Acacia's Widow Program is made possible by material donations of unused but useful home artifacts from well-meaning individuals or organizations. We donate 80% of all profits from the sales of these items to the Widow Program.

We work on a personal level with chosen widow(s), and assist them with a high priority need ranging from business assistance, house rent, School Fees for their children, health fees, or other stated need.

The frequency of our work with widows is determined by how much we have generated in the Widow Program. To participate in this program, you don't need to donate cash. You only need to donate home items that you no longer use to our "Again" section. All Again donations/resells must be in good resalable condition. The Store accepts anything from one-of-a-kind treasures to ordinary household items, including small appliances, furniture, bric-a-brac, and good-condition books/magazines. Donated items are accepted Monday through Saturday, 10.00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Alternatively, if you're based in Lagos, we can collect the items from your location.

Store hours are Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. Red Acacia’s Again & Bargain Store is located at 2A Oseni Street in Anthony, Lagos. For more information, contact June on +234 8034021794, or Steph on +234 7030951706.

For Lagos residents, donating couldn’t be easier – call Red Acacia’s Again & Bargain Store on 08034021794, and we will arrange to come and collect items from your location. Why Widows? Widowhood is a deeply stressful occurrence, particularly in Nigeria where some cultural widowhood practices are generally traumatic. In addition, most widows suddenly find themselves in need of economic, service, social, and/or emotional support.

The Red Acacia Widow Program assists from an economic perspective. "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." ..James 1:27

From: http://www.againandbargainstore.com/blogs/blog-posts/17038219-red-acacias-widow-program

Cc: Onegai.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Britain Normalizes Sex For Children / What Is The Strangest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You? / Whatsapp Marketing Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.