Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (947560 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:52am On Jul 02, 2015
ooluseyipa:

U neva answer my question. Wen do u attend the interview

We attended on same date.... June 10 2015

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adexbaba010(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
Sorry bro, got lot of stuff on my mind. My interview was on 10th of June, i was with olabode89 ( I thank God for occasion with that pal) that is why i am here and a lot of pm with him has been of great help. Don't tell him i say soooooooooo grin
ooluseyipa:

U neva answer my question. Wen do u attend the interview

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
olabode89:
@sirkezman and others prices of tickets don dey change o

I had to push my departure date by two days to get the flight specification that I wanted.

I booked Turkish airlines via Wakanow.com for 169,305 naira for August 12.

Specs
One stop at Istanbul
to leave naija Lagos by 22:00 and arrive Istanbul by 06:40
to leave Istanbul by08:35 and arrive Helsinki by 12:05

So u guys should do the needful ooooo

@Iceberg54 and @sirkezman any idea of how much an authentic 6-inch timberland boot will cost in Fi... the ones wey I dey see for naija na either ebu (fake) or around 30K+ for authe!.

my guy, I tire for those timbo,Na 35k dm call am here o. I be pllan to buy two before o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
@adexbaba, you fit ask #sirkezman and #iceberg to link you up with 9ja peeps up there. so you go still get place to hang once you land. me sef never pay mine o. na 250euros too
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
adebasket97:

my guy, I tire for those timbo,Na 35k dm call am here o. I be pllan to buy two before o.

Lol.... the thing weak me o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
olabode89:

Lol.... the thing weak me o
infact..but no choice o person must get am, against winter o.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
adexbaba010:
What can i do on this matter?
I have been offered an accommodation and today is the deadline to pay the deposit (250e). However, I am still awaiting my application decision and can't deduct money yet from my account. I have very short time, my departure date is august 1. I am not sure i could do a new application for accommodation and get an offer again before the date. Way-out pls!

Although I could be very wrong with this advice, I'm still gon' write it. These student housing offers are the best things to happen since girls decided to give great BJs. Bro, I think u should have contacted them to give u more time as @olabode89 suggested. Since you didn't, chairman try to pay the money and confirm the tenancy agreement ASAP!!! Non-student apartments are Madly expensive o. The prices are going to give u sleepless nights as a newcomer. Dunno sha. If u get 250 euros wey u fit spare, pay up and confirm the housing so u go get rest of mind. Na my own opinion be that.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
adebasket97:

infact..but no choice o person must get am, against winter o.

Checkout loponline.com Confirmed authentic boots saw one for 24K... I wan sharply place my order o. The others are between 28,500 and 38,000 naira.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
sureb0y:

Although I could be very wrong with this advice, I'm still gon' write it. These student housing offers are the best things to happen since girls decided to give great BJs. Bro, I think u should have contacted them to give u more time as @olabode89 suggested. Since you didn't, chairman try to pay the money and confirm the tenancy agreement ASAP!!! Non-student apartments are Madly expensive o. The prices are going to give u sleepless nights as a newcomer. Dunno sha. If u get 250 euros wey u fit spare, pay up and confirm the housing so u go get rest of mind. Na my own opinion be that.

Bro!... I was reasoning along the same line but the two peeps I know in Finland advised me to come down to FI, get an apartment and a room mate to split the cost at around 150 euros per person. I got an offer from TOAS for 290 euros per month (243 euros for the room and around 40 euros for facility fee). I didn't have the 300 euros wey TOAS say make I pay as deposit as a naija boy wey dey para I go use one mind enter Tampere go sort am out o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adexbaba010(m): 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
@Sureb0y, baba i can't afford the dough now except i go deep hand for the deposit, which i won't like to do today. Anyway, i have written a letter requesting for extension if granted fine and if not i will re-apply. I have even gotten a better understanding of the housing stuff now. I think i would not have liked the room offered though the cheapest anyway. But the differences i saw from the picture is worth the extra e mehn.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
Breaking Ferking news!!!!! I have been granted a Ferking residence permit!!!!! This is the fastest ever!!!! Interview on Tuesday June 30, today dey just told me they've granted me the permit!!!! I'm so facking excited!!!!!!!!!!! Omoooo!!!!! Helsinki, here I come. 2 Ferking days!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
sureb0y:
Breaking Ferking news!!!!! I have been granted a Ferking residence permit!!!!! This is the fastest ever!!!! Interview on Tuesday June 30, today dey just told me they've granted me the permit!!!! I'm so facking excited!!!!!!!!!!! Omoooo!!!!! Helsinki, here I come. 2 Ferking days!!!!!

good job bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
sureb0y:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
olabode89:

Checkout loponline.com Confirmed authentic boots saw one for 24K... I wan sharply place my order o. The others are between 28,500 and 38,000 naira.

make me sef place sharperly,...no time o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
sureb0y:

Congrats boss...really fast!.

The way they are 'sharing' RPs this year is really good.
I'm sure there has been some changes in migri....lol.....
Then, one would still be waiting after 2 months with several denials with funny reasons.

Cheers sir!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
Thanks to all who congratulated me... smiley may God bless you... for those still expecting, God go do una own too o. smiley I don't know what worked for me so I won't act like an expert on the matter but if anyone needs any advice on how "I" did "my" own, I'll be willing to help. For now, na to enter Eko go select better clothes, me no get money to dey go boutique buy shoe of 35k. Yaaaaaagggaaaaa!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
sureb0y:
Yours is d fastest. Within 2days. Congratulation bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
sureb0y:
Thanks to all who congratulated me... smiley may God bless you... for those still expecting, God go do una own too o. smiley I don't know what worked for me so I won't act like an expert on the matter but if anyone needs any advice on how "I" did "my" own, I'll be willing to help. For now, na to enter Eko go select better clothes, me no get money to dey go boutique buy shoe of 35k. Yaaaaaagggaaaaa!

Hehehe Sureb0y 1............. I go drink at least 5 Heineken for your head when u enter Helsinki o plus u go pay my bus money abi train money back to Tampere o.... hehehehee
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
sureb0y:
Congrats!!!! That was super fast! When did you indicate as your departure date on e-service?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adexbaba010(m): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
Wow, congrat baba........... that was super fast, and u were sounding like u had a rough time with the migri people. Me that i even had a good time with the guy, i am still battling with document upload. They are giving me another story now. They just sent a mail that i need be patient cos the problem with my upload still persist. Na God hand i de now!!!
sureb0y:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
sureb0y:

Sureboy...congrats men.....great news...did u apply online or via paper..cos urs was super fast .....after u don make us fear....ohhh boy...Ur head too gbasky.....U don port be that Ohhhh...#Godwin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
sureb0y:
wa oo...dat ws faaast! Congrat boss! Did dey notify u via email or u checked ur status on migri?? Me still dey look un2 God ooo.....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
I had my interview about about three weeks ago and my online status was ''waiting for processing" until next about two days ago when it changed to "In progress"; till now I'm yet to get any notification or response from them. I am becoming quite excited, but I remain confident of a positive response because I submitted verifiable genuine documents. We are getting there by God's grace. grin
I'm theorizing that they consider applicant's planned departure date in their spate of processing applications.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by aril: 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
olabode89:

Thanks for the link....

the student first completes the Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration degree at the Mikkeli Campus and
after graduating from Mikkeli, the student has an automatic study right to continue their studies in one of the Master’s Programs at the Helsinki Campus.

@aril the bolded was copied from the link provided by jub009... The BSc program will take about 3 years to complete and upon completion there is an automatic study right to continue studies for MSc. which will take another 2 years to complete. I think it must have been an oversight on ur path when u stated that the Bsc and Msc programs could be completed in 3 years. All the best in your studies.

Kiitos!!!!

oh ok! Thank you for the clarification
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by aril: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
iceberg54:

Yeah...I was a bit surprised too @ the 3 years for both Bsc and masters. In fact, its not easy to finish masters in 2 years. The Fastest students usually finish in 2 years and some months. Many finish in 3. I heard Aalto gives a prize of 1k euros to anyone that finishes in 2 yrs.
Sometimes its because many people have to work while studying and some also look for masters thesis place for months. And the Finns who are not under any work pressure also take their time well.

Cheers boss!

My apologise for my error and misinterpretation of the true structure of the BScBA program. I sincerely appreciate your clarification and I didn't mean to mislead anyone here..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
aril:

oh ok! Thank you for the clarification

You are welcome bro.......... You owe me I carton of aloomo o.... lols
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by aril: 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
olabode89:

You are welcome bro.......... You owe me I carton of aloomo o.... lols
I hear u o....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
@everyone for my admission letter, it was stated that my programme begins on d 1st of August and I wrote Aug. 15 as departure date. Dunno if that was a factor but... the end justifies d means sha. I go upload my IELTS result, nysc cert and primary school cert as additional/supplementary docs (although Migri no ask for them o). 30 mins later. I got an email: "a decision has been made on ur application, check your account for details". Na so I run go check see approved for Aug 15 to Aug 15 of next year. I'm still excited o. 48 hours! E be like dream.

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
sureb0y:
@everyone for my admission letter, it was stated that my programme begins on d 1st of August and I wrote Aug. 15 as departure date. Dunno if that was a factor but... the end justifies d means sha. I go upload my IELTS result, nysc cert and primary school cert as additional/supplementary docs (although Migri no ask for them o). 30 mins later. I got an email: "a decision has been made on ur application, check your account for details". Na so I run go check see approved for Aug 15 to Aug 15 of next year. I'm still excited o. 48 hours! E be like dream.

You don mess up o
You can't enter finland until 15 of August and lectures go don start.....abi u meant Sept 1
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
olabode89:

You don mess up o
You can't enter finland until 15 of August and lectures go don start.....abi u meant Sept 1

Nah, real lectures start in Sept. Orientation na Aug 26. Aug 1 na for people wey wan go for Finnish language course for like 150 euros. My HOAS tenancy agreement sef dey start for Sept 1. So I don't know where I'm gon stay between that Aug 15 and Sept 1. But dose ones no matter, the one wey matter God don do am. Waiting for my RP card.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
sureb0y:

Nah, real lectures start in Sept. Orientation na Aug 26. Aug 1 na for people wey wan go for Finnish language course for like 150 euros. My HOAS tenancy agreement sef dey start for Sept 1. So I don't know where I'm gon stay between that Aug 15 and Sept 1. But dose ones no matter, the one wey matter God don do am. Waiting for my RP card.

Okkies.... u come make me dey worried.... olobe!....
No wahala.... u don pay d deposit?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
Goskian:
I had my interview about about three weeks ago and my online status was ''waiting for processing" until next about two days ago when it changed to "In progress"; till now I'm yet to get any notification or response from them. I am becoming quite excited, but I remain confident of a positive response because I submitted verifiable genuine documents. We are getting there by God's grace. grin
I'm theorizing that they consider applicant's planned departure date in their spate of processing applications.

Sure....they do!

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.