Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (946795 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nitana: 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
Please house, how much did you spend on everything,that is,from getting a passport, the English proficiency test, accommodation, ticket and all. Please, I want to start preparing. I am in my final semester for a BSc. Mathematics and Economics.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wenny1205(f): 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nitana:
Please house, how much did you spend on everything,that is,from getting a passport, the English proficiency test, accommodation, ticket and all. Please, I want to start preparing. I am in my final semester for a BSc. Mathematics and Economics.

Honestly its in the previous pages but let me see what I can do.
Firstly you divide it before and after admission. Passport.english exams.transcripts and cost of send documents all fall into the first group.

Passport 25-30k this is ph price oh.
Ielts 40+
Transcript:depends on ur skool.
Cost of sending depends on ur pocket too. U've got normal post, Ems, Dhl, tranex and loads more

If I forget any the "oga at the top" here will add
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nitana:

English proficiency test - 38K

Ticket - 170K

Accomodation - 200 to 300 euros per month

Passport - 25K

DHL on transcript and application packages for 3 schs - 70K ( 10K per transcript and 14.3K per package)

Residence Permit fees - 67K....online app

Transcript cost - depends on university

You need to have 1.5M in ur account from u or from a sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
olabode89:

English proficiency test - 38K

Ticket - 170K

Accomodation - 200 to 300 euros per month

Passport - 25K

DHL on transcript and application packages for 3 schs - 70K ( 10K per transcript and 14.3K per package)

Residence Permit fees - 67K....online app

Transcript cost - depends on university

You need to have 1.5M in ur account from u or from a sponsor.

I guess dis guy shld jst start and not asking for how much it will cost.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nitana: 9:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
Thanks all.I have started.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ebunolorun: 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
hi house, tho I av been a partial member of this thread and I appreciate every contribution of everyone (bin so useful).

first, I'm still awaiting my final decision and I blif Every1 in my shoes will get a positive reply

Also, I will be going to UTA and it's like no1 on this thread is going there, I op I'm not alone?

Also, concerning our awaiting response, on Thursday, I mailed migri and I was told in few weeks they wud give me a final response
Note: I ad my interview on 16th June and submitted my last supplementary request on 19th July.

I think they went on break , cos when I mailed d secretary (concerning d late feedbk) an automated mail replied he's out of office but dropped anoda mail 4 urgent matters. I used d dropped mail, and that was how i got d info of in few wks time, replying d mail to say 10s, it ad bin set to an automated mail response that she also is out of office (this made me finalise dey went on break)
There4, hopefully this week, every pending application will be touched and postive response will be received.

4 everyone that as got their response n RP , congrats! Go prepare ilu oyinbo 4 us, see u soon!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adexbaba010(m): 11:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
Seriously I don't understand! The e-ticket issued to me states that I am entitled to 15kg luggage and 8kg hand bag. They even state the dimension of the bags allowed. I can't manage such meager weight! Food alone go cover such amount of weight stated. Hope the gist here is what is obtainable officially for Turkish air. I actually booked with Bravofly! Hope I never enter one chance?

Secondly, the issue of "yellow card". I can't get it from general hospital in my area (Ikd). Them say na ministry of health make I go. Can I get it on the day of departure at the airport, my cousin said I could get it for 5k same day.

Money matter na another ish. I no want carry cash cos I could be extravagant! Access bank say I could withdraw E with my naira Visa card. I have used gt master card in Ghana and Cote D'Ivoire and the exchange was reasonable. But that na cidies and cfa ooooo. The bosses in Europe, pls what is ur take on this.

Fellow Nija we de travel too, what is opinion of the first and second paragraph?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ebunolorun:
hi house, tho I av been a partial member of this thread and I appreciate every contribution of everyone (bin so useful).

first, I'm still awaiting my final decision and I blif Every1 in my shoes will get a positive reply

Also, I will be going to UTA and it's like no1 on this thread is going there, I op I'm not alone?

Also, concerning our awaiting response, on Thursday, I mailed migri and I was told in few weeks they wud give me a final response
Note: I ad my interview on 16th June and submitted my last supplementary request on 19th July.

I think they went on break , cos when I mailed d secretary (concerning d late feedbk) an automated mail replied he's out of office but dropped anoda mail 4 urgent matters. I used d dropped mail, and that was how i got d info of in few wks time, replying d mail to say 10s, it ad bin set to an automated mail response that she also is out of office (this made me finalise dey went on break)
There4, hopefully this week, every pending application will be touched and postive response will be received.

4 everyone that as got their response n RP , congrats! Go prepare ilu oyinbo 4 us, see u soon!

Did u do paper or online app?

I am also going to Tampere but TUT......all the best
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by succinct2015: 12:47am On Aug 02, 2015
Hello boses in the ouse. Please im applying for the RP online. but im confused on how to answer this question which states : "How long do you plan to stay i Finland"? im i supposed to write 1 year because i already bought a 1 year Insurance or i should write the whole period of my studies which will last for 3.5 years? Thanks as i wait ur advices.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 3:44am On Aug 02, 2015
adexbaba010:
Seriously I don't understand! The e-ticket issued to me states that I am entitled to 15kg luggage and 8kg hand bag. They even state the dimension of the bags allowed. I can't manage such meager weight! Food alone go cover such amount of weight stated. Hope the gist here is what is obtainable officially for Turkish air. I actually booked with Bravofly! Hope I never enter one chance?

Secondly, the issue of "yellow card". I can't get it from general hospital in my area (Ikd). Them say na ministry of health make I go. Can I get it on the day of departure at the airport, my cousin said I could get it for 5k same day.

Money matter na another ish. I no want carry cash cos I could be extravagant! Access bank say I could withdraw E with my naira Visa card. I have used gt master card in Ghana and Cote D'Ivoire and the exchange was reasonable. But that na cidies and cfa ooooo. The bosses in Europe, pls what is ur take on this.

Fellow Nija we de travel too, what is opinion of the first and second paragraph?
Hi adex, I just want to comment on the yellow card ish, you can get it on the day of your departure and it's 1k.
As u arrive at the airport that day, go straight to 'port health' to obtain it and plan to spend extra one hour there.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2015
adexbaba010:

boss, are we 2 get yellow card 2 ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 8:07am On Aug 02, 2015
succinct2015:
Hello boses in the ouse. Please im applying for the RP online. but im confused on how to answer this question which states : "How long do you plan to stay i Finland"? im i supposed to write 1 year because i already bought a 1 year Insurance or i should write the whole period of my studies which will last for 3.5 years? Thanks as i wait ur advices.

The whole of ur study period.....

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wenny1205(f): 9:10am On Aug 02, 2015
adexbaba010:
Seriously I don't understand! The e-ticket issued to me states that I am entitled to 15kg luggage and 8kg hand bag.?

Hi , call the Turkish airline to confirm ur ticket and ur entitlements. I have never heard of 15kg on a flight of more than 5 hrs. Local flights ain't even 15kg.

Secondly in ph international airport issuing of "yellow cards" have been stopped we now have to go to NPA ( immigration at sea exit) for it. Check if it applies to lag too

Don't depend only on ur master card they've got daily limits and charges per withdrawal. Leave it for dead emergency.

Hope this helps.
Happy Sunday all...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wenny1205(f): 9:25am On Aug 02, 2015
got this from their site

Free Baggage Allowance for Flights To or From America / S. America / Canada / Argentina / Nigeria / Ghana / Niger / Senegal / Mauritania / Cote D Ivoire / Cameroon / Burkina Faso / Gabon / Chad and Congo Dem. Rep./Benin Peoples Republic / Mali / Guinea/ Angola
Travel Class Maximum Pieces Maximum Weight Per Piece Maximum Dimensions Per Piece
(Length+Width+Depth)
Business 2 32 kg 158 cm
Comfort 2 23 kg 158 cm
Economy 2 23 kg 158 cm
Infant Passenger 1 + 1 collapsible baby carriage / buggy 23 kg 115 cm
(0-2 years old)

where did u purchase ur ticket
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ebunolorun: 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
olabode89:

Did u do paper or online app?
I am also going to Tampere but TUT......all the best
I did online application
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
Abegi which one be yellow card again?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wenny1205(f): 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
its an International Certificate of Vaccination and Prophylaxis
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
wenny1205:
its an International Certificate of Vaccination and Prophylaxis

Is it compulsory?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wenny1205(f): 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
its an International Certificate of Vaccination and Prophylaxis, needed when living the country, just among ur traveling documents

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wenny1205(f): 5:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Is it compulsory?

not for all countries, ask those there if they requested it of them at the exit point.

But it can be got at the airport for 1k if u have time and 1.5k if u in a hurry, but in port harcourt airport its been cancelled that's why i said u find out in lagos airport.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
not important.
ooluseyipa:
Abegi which one be yellow card again?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
wenny1205:

not for all countries, ask those there if they requested it of them at the exit point.

But it can be got at the airport for 1k if u have time and 1.5k if u in a hurry, but in port harcourt airport its been cancelled that's why i said u find out in lagos airport.

@wenny1205, It is not compulsory jare.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wenny1205(f): 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
ooluseyipa:

@wenny1205, It is not compulsory jare.

Better, your mind rest now

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
sirkezman:
not important.

Bros abeg help me list important food stuffs to carry come grom naija..... I need to prioritize.....

Thanks.....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adexbaba010(m): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
Omo immigration want kill me for lagos port! Like say na crime to de travel abroad for the first time. Got load of gist and tips for u guys but right now I can't shout lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
adexbaba010:
Omo immigration want kill me for lagos port! Like say na crime to de travel abroad for the first time. Got load of gist and tips for u guys but right now I can't shout lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hehehe.....wetin happen??

I dey wait for ur gist n tips oo.....because me i dey quick provoke o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by succinct2015: 12:19am On Aug 03, 2015
olabode89:

The whole of ur study period.....

Thanks Chairman
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 03, 2015
ilesanmioo:
Good morning, my name is Ilesanmi Ajayi. I want to apply to finland against next admission and i intend going with my wife and baby, please what are the steps and necessary documents i will be needing. I want to go for Masters in Management or Marketing , i have a bsc in accounting and english test but general 6.5. Thank you all .
its really not fair, I asked a question and no one answered, is it because am jejesi, u all started somewhere. In as much as am new here, its just isn't fair, u read and pass. If I have all the info I wudnt be asking. Its a challenge, by Gods grace I will have a positive story too, even if It might take time. I will, and when I do, I will share my testimony
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 9:28am On Aug 03, 2015
i must greet the house congrat to those who have got positive response to there r.p application and for those who haven't gotten any response your r.p is on it way, i initially was following this thread last year but couldn't proceed with the application because of insufficient document though presently serving, i am in the transcript phase now, but my school exams and records is just making life difficult for me, this is the second time i would be traveling to school as regards the transcript ish i just hope i complete this phase soonest, also planning on getting recommendation letter.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 9:47am On Aug 03, 2015
GeneXY:
Hi guys...got notification from migri last wk dt my RP has bn granted but till now am yet to get any mail from the embassy. Does anyone know the time frame for them to contact me cos am beginning to be worried.
boss, abeg did u later send d embassy an email b4 dey requested 4 ur passport? Its been 2weeks my rp has been granted and no news from d embassy yet...pls aos, shud I mail dem?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 10:24am On Aug 03, 2015
billydragon:
boss, abeg did u later send d embassy an email b4 dey requested 4 ur passport? Its been 2weeks my rp has been granted and no news from d embassy yet...pls aos, shud I mail dem?

I sent them a mail but got no response. Just wanna wait n c if they will contact me ds week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: SKhanmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.