Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949141 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
Update:

I think there's bad news. I just got an email from the embassy. "The Finnish Immigration service has decided on your revocation issue and they have sent the decision to the embassy. This decision is in Finnish Language and they also sent instructions to appeal.
According to the email, they can't disclose the content of the decision, and they can't mail it to me. I have to be at the embassy in Person to collect it".

I just dey look since. I can't think of anything. I don't want to be pessimistic but this doesn't look good. Make I book my flight to Abuja. I have tried my best. To be honest, I did everything the right way. Money in my account, very good statement, my interview went well, and up till now, there's still 1.8m naira in the account. The insurance certificate was the only issue and it wasn't my fault. I simply went to the insurance company and submitted what they gave me. The whole Finnish Immigration sucks.

That's all.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
I'm thinking: If the decision is positive, they would have just sent the whole stuff to me plus the RP card using the "return courier service" I pre-paid for. For them to say I have to be there by myself and also that they included instructions for appeal, It's just pointing towards something not very good.

With all this said, Do you think I should sue the insurance company for damages?

1. This whole thing is their fault
2. They acknowledged that they issued my insurance certificate from an alternative portal, because their main portal was down on the day I came to get the insurance insurance that's why the insurance certificate I submitted looked different from what they had.

As per say na Naija, I don't know if this is a case worth pursuing.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
pls b optimistic. go there first n receive gud news
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
yours is a special case bro. you cant just conclude like that. even those that were denied were not told to come. so keep your fingers crossed till you get there on monday.
sureb0y:
I'm thinking: If the decision is positive, they would have just sent the whole stuff to me plus the RP card using the "return courier service" I pre-paid for. For them to say I have to be there by myself and also that they included instructions for appeal, It's just pointing towards something not very good.

With all this said, Do you think I should sue the insurance company for damages?

1. This whole thing is their fault
2. They acknowledged that they issued my insurance certificate from an alternative portal, because their main portal was down on the day I came to get the insurance insurance that's why the insurance certificate I submitted looked different from what they had.

As per say na Naija, I don't know if this is a case worth pursuing.

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Lautech shldn't be diffcult. Becos they will get ur transcript d way u want it. I will advice u to get some @ d transcript office. The only barrier is official envelope. But u can liase wth anybody @ d student affair. The official envelope is very important.

pls bro, i will still need ur help abt d transcript stuff from lautech.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Obiwannn: 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
sammie90:

bro please what is the maximum allowed kg for turkish airline both for main luggage and hand luggage too. I'm asking because I'm also flying Turkish air and I'm not too certain what their normal kg allowance is. please help me throw more light on it.
MAX, 23Kg 2pc. check in
8kg hand
plus 1 laptop bag
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sammie90: 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Obiwannn:
MAX, 23Kg 2pc. check in
8kg hand
plus 1 laptop bag
thank u very much bro. so if I'm right it means I'm allowed to carry 23kg bag two of it. I mean two 23kg bags plus another 8kg bag den another laptop bag. please hope I'm right?
thank u once again.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Obiwannn: 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
sammie90:

thank u very much bro. so if I'm right it means I'm allowed to carry 23kg bag two of it. I mean two 23kg bags plus another 8kg bag den another laptop bag. please hope I'm right?
thank u once again.
I carried 2 boxes of about 48kg
Laptop bag wasnt weighed
Cabin luggage wasnt weighed
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Obiwannn: 9:07am On Sep 20, 2015
sammie90:

thank u once again.

ya...right
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sammie90: 10:59am On Sep 20, 2015
Obiwannn:
I carried 2 boxes of about 48kg Laptop bag wasnt weighed Cabin luggage wasnt weighed
Thank u so very much bro that just about settles it bro....

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by czarxxx(m): 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
Inufele1:

What program are you going for? Do you have any offer from HOAS? I am going to Helsinki too
English Philology bro. Well, i am yet to get an offer. Have you got yet? What prog is yours? What are your plans as regards the accommodation?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 22, 2015
Dear Sir/Ma,
Concerning the revocation of my residence permit, I just got back from the Embassy of Finland in Abuja. Although, I have received the decision, it's in Finnish Language. I asked for an explanation of the whole thing to be translated to me, I was told to contact you for an English version as no one would translate it to me at the Embassy. I got a fairly accurate translation using google translate and I must state here that I found the whole decision and reasons for refusal unbelievable.I am guessing I got the wrong translation.

It was stated that I DELIBERATELY tried to con my way around the system and use dubious means to secure the residence permit and after investigations at the Embassy in Abuja, you decided to revoke the residence permit.

1. Are you revoking my permit because you do not accept insurance certificates from mutual benefits assurance plc? if yes, why did the embassy of finland recommend the company?
2. Do you accept insurance certificates from mutual benefits assurance plc but revoked because you think I sent a forged version? if yes. Did the authentication by the said company mean anything at all? They contacted the embassy of Finland numerous times to let them know THEY issued the insurance certificate. I would like to know how this is my fault. You wrote the decision in Finnish.

The law was to get an insurance policy which would pay 30,000 euros for health related issues, the same insurance policy was to be from the ONLY TWO ACCEPTED INSURANCE COMPANIES IN NIGERIA (according to what was sent to me from the Embassy of Finland, Please see attachment). Now you are saying you do NOT accept that kind of insurance policy? When you were the ones who instructed me to bring THAT insurance policy?

I was told: we're considering revoking your residence permit because we think it did not come from Mutual Benefits Assurance PLC (we accept mutual benefits insurance certificates, but we don't think this one came from them), prove to us that this insurance policy came from them and you're good to go. After the proofs came through, the refusal letter stated that you're revoking the residence permit because you do not accept that kind of insurance policy (meaning you are not accepting insurance certificates from mutual benefits assurance plc?).

I believe I have a right to know what the refusal letter was all about, please send an English version as I believe I was not judged fairly. I would like to go ahead with an appeal.

Sincerely,
Me
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 22, 2015
Update.

I sent this to Migri last night after seeing the refusal letter. According to the refusal letter which I translated in English Language, they revoked the RP because section 58 n 4 of their law states that they have the right to revoke a granted RP if later discovered that the applicant used a document that would have made dem deny the application in the first place.
They said: Embassy contacted u and informed you about the revocation and told you to clarify the issue. You clarified the issue and said indeed the certificate is genuine. Our representative in Abuja Embassy contacted the German consulate, an expert in this case, to know if the certificate is original or not. It was the German who pronounced the certificate unacceptable hence the revocation.

If u read this well and the letter I sent to them, u would see the crap. First it wasn't about whether the insurance certificate was acceptable or not. It was whether I brought d original or replica. Now they're saying I brought a certificate that's not approved. They're blaming ME. That I deliberately did it. When they were the ones who instructed me to go to Mutual Benefits Assurance PLC.

Madness.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dondaddycares(m): 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
sureb0y:
Update.

I sent this to Migri last night after seeing the refusal letter. According to the refusal letter which I translated in English Language, they revoked the RP because section 58 n 4 of their law states that they have the right to revoke a granted RP if later discovered that the applicant used a document that would have made dem deny the application in the first place.
They said: Embassy contacted u and informed you about the revocation and told you to clarify the issue. You clarified the issue and said indeed the certificate is genuine. Our representative in Abuja Embassy contacted the German consulate, an expert in this case, to know if the certificate is original or not. It was the German who pronounced the certificate unacceptable hence the revocation.

If u read this well and the letter I sent to them, u would see the crap. First it wasn't about whether the insurance certificate was acceptable or not. It was whether I brought d original or replica. Now they're saying I brought a certificate that's not approved. They're blaming ME. That I deliberately did it. When they were the ones who instructed me to go to Mutual Benefits Assurance PLC.

Madness.

Bro,
Like we discussed yesterday, make a fresh application. You have a genuine cause of action to sue mutual and the embassy of Finland,however whatever case you are instituting will take nothing less than 3 years to determine and the losing party can appeal. Again, consider the cost of action, you will spend a lot in legal fees and charges...unless you wanna be a hero who successfuly battled the government of Finland and Mutual Company, but if you want a quicker resolution, get an insurance from Aico, make a fresh application. Once you are granted the RP, go ahead and sue Mutual for giving you a certificate different from the usual one they give people and also joining the embassy as a nominal party. My humble opinion though. Best of luck bro.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2015
It's a pity no one advised you against sending several emails to the embassy then, and if someone had done that I'm sure you wouldn't listen to voice of reason. If you had known the Finnish way of doing things, you'd have sat back and relaxed and wait till the embassy takes its time. Your several emails to them shows an act of desperation, granting you a permit is a privilege and not a right.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
i stand to be corrected but this doesnt seem right. talking about finnish way of doing things, then u'll know you have to remind them often. so sir, this is technically wrong. a student resuming in september cannot be considered to be desperate for asking for the decision. granting a permit is never a privilege. it is your right!

enitan2002:
It's a pity no one advised you against sending several emails to the embassy then, and if someone had done that I'm sure you wouldn't listen to voice of reason. If you had known the Finnish way of doing things, you'd have sat back and relaxed and wait till the embassy takes its time. Your several emails to them shows an act of desperation, granting you a permit is a privilege and not a right.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
Gutted to hear this bro. and even worse to know that appeal decision can take a long time. you should contact your department to know the latest day you can resume, if u have enough time, u can reapply, if not consider deferring your admission if you have that option

sureb0y:
Dear Sir/Ma,
Concerning the revocation of my residence permit, I just got back from the Embassy of Finland in Abuja. Although, I have received the decision, it's in Finnish Language. I asked for an explanation of the whole thing to be translated to me, I was told to contact you for an English version as no one would translate it to me at the Embassy. I got a fairly accurate translation using google translate and I must state here that I found the whole decision and reasons for refusal unbelievable.I am guessing I got the wrong translation.

It was stated that I DELIBERATELY tried to con my way around the system and use dubious means to secure the residence permit and after investigations at the Embassy in Abuja, you decided to revoke the residence permit.

1. Are you revoking my permit because you do not accept insurance certificates from mutual benefits assurance plc? if yes, why did the embassy of finland recommend the company?
2. Do you accept insurance certificates from mutual benefits assurance plc but revoked because you think I sent a forged version? if yes. Did the authentication by the said company mean anything at all? They contacted the embassy of Finland numerous times to let them know THEY issued the insurance certificate. I would like to know how this is my fault. You wrote the decision in Finnish.

The law was to get an insurance policy which would pay 30,000 euros for health related issues, the same insurance policy was to be from the ONLY TWO ACCEPTED INSURANCE COMPANIES IN NIGERIA (according to what was sent to me from the Embassy of Finland, Please see attachment). Now you are saying you do NOT accept that kind of insurance policy? When you were the ones who instructed me to bring THAT insurance policy?

I was told: we're considering revoking your residence permit because we think it did not come from Mutual Benefits Assurance PLC (we accept mutual benefits insurance certificates, but we don't think this one came from them), prove to us that this insurance policy came from them and you're good to go. After the proofs came through, the refusal letter stated that you're revoking the residence permit because you do not accept that kind of insurance policy (meaning you are not accepting insurance certificates from mutual benefits assurance plc?).

I believe I have a right to know what the refusal letter was all about, please send an English version as I believe I was not judged fairly. I would like to go ahead with an appeal.

Sincerely,
Me
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
sirkezman:
Gutted to hear this bro. and even worse to know that appeal decision can take a long time. you should contact your department to know the latest day you can resume, if u have enough time, u can reapply, if not consider deferring your admission if you have that option

I'm considering re-applying. I don't know if I've been banned or not. It wasn't stated. I don't know if I should just lock up and move on with my life. @dondaddycares suggested a fresh application while there's still time. I'm seriously considering his argument, it makes sense. What do u think? To lock up or re-apply? Give reasons please.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oladunwo(m): 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
sureb0y:

I'm considering re-applying. I don't know if I've been banned or not. It wasn't stated. I don't know if I should just lock up and move on with my life. @dondaddycares suggested a fresh application while there's still time. I'm seriously considering his argument, it makes sense. What do u think? To lock up or re-apply? Give reasons please.
My chairman, whatever happens to man must always have reasons and I believe it's the will of God. Lemme let you know that I have been following your story from the time u scored so high in ur ielts till this moment but it's so disheartening the way your story turned out to be. My own take on this issue is that you should forget Finland and move on to germany. With your high score in ielts and your good GP, I believe it's going to be very easy for you to gain admission. Also, germany is far far better than Finland and that's why GOD doesn't want you to settle for less. Come to think of it, upon all the perfection in your application and other things, you still couldn't make it to Finland. My brother, Finland is too small for you. Think about it bro.
Yours sincerely,
Concern friend

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by twaintoy(f): 11:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
oladunwo:

My chairman, whatever happens to man must always have reasons and I believe it's the will of God. Lemme let you know that I have been following your story from the time u scored so high in ur ielts till this moment but it's so disheartening the way your story turned out to be. My own take on this issue is that you should forget Finland and move on to germany. With your high score in ielts and your good GP, I believe it's going to be very easy for you to gain admission. Also, germany is far far better than Finland and that's why GOD doesn't want you to settle for less. Come to think of it, upon all the perfection in your application and other things, you still couldn't make it to Finland. My brother, Finland is too small for you. Think about it bro.
Yours sincerely,
Concern friend
You spoke my mind. One of the reasons i'm following this thread. @surebOy, finland isn't for you brother. Just move on to a more promising country. Would suggest you follow what oladunwo said. With ur GP and ur ielts scores, u shld make it to Germany. Cheer up bruv, its a matter of determination. Abeg, close finland mata, better days ahead. God bless ya.

5 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 5:02am On Sep 23, 2015
sureb0y:

Bros my take on this mess is dt u shld reapply. Just reapply and am sure they will consider you. Go to Aico and have another insurance.with that they fasten everything for you.pls do dt.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Val2001: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2015
sureb0y:

It is very important that you appeal this decision and if your documents are genuine ,you will win. Appeal usually takes time but that's only way for. If you decide submit a fresh application without appealing this decision , it will mean that you accept their decision. In other words, that you submitted a fake document previously. That will a reason to deny you again. Another way could be to pursue both at a time. Appealing is not that expensive and you could qualfy for Finnish government legal aid as a student.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 23, 2015
Hi,

Hope the 2016 hopefuls are preparing already. I just started the transcript request from my school. Hoping to apply to Aalto (Geoinformatics), University of Helsinki (Urban Environmental Issues) and University of Easter Finland (Environmental Resource). Only Aalto does not use UAF for their admission process meaning extra cost and I read that there will be application fee of 100 euros for 2016 application.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:54am On Sep 23, 2015
yes bro. thats why i said u shd contact the sch. if you still have time, reapply.
sureb0y:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
I just checked my account balance sef. I don't have enough money to reapply and no one is willing to help at d moment. Aiico 32k, 67k rp fee. 10k transport to Abuja and back. That's like 110k. Money in my acct's about 1.5m now. If I remove from it to pay for these things, I won't have enough balance to meet the 6720 euro ish again.
I'm calling the whole ish off. Spent a lot already. That's all. cheesy I tried my best. Maybe it just wasn't my way.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sobastical: 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
sureb0y:
I just checked my account balance sef. I don't have enough money to reapply and no one is willing to help at d moment. Aiico 32k, 67k rp fee. 10k transport to Abuja and back. That's like 110k. Money in my acct's about 1.5m now. If I remove from it to pay for these things, I won't have enough balance to meet the 6720 euro ish again.
I'm calling the whole ish off. Spent a lot already. That's all. cheesy I tried my best. Maybe it just wasn't my way.

Try other country boss, this reminds of some folks that keep trying Yankee like say their destiny tie to that place. God might be calling your attention to a certain land that you will excel better but since you're not seeing it then he wanted you to act your script first. brace yourself baba God has a better plan for you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
yea you have tried bro. but how abt getting a refund for ur ticket n use dat for a new application?

sureb0y:

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 11:27am On Sep 26, 2015
Abeg, is there anyone coming to Tampere any time soon. Forgot my charger at home and can't imagine myself buying charger for 10 euros wey be say na N200 or max 500 for naija. Abeg help a friend. Pls
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 11:37am On Sep 26, 2015
GeneXY:
Abeg, is there anyone coming to Tampere any time soon. Forgot my charger at home and can't imagine myself buying charger for 10 euros wey be say na N200 or max 500 for naija. Abeg help a friend. Pls

LoooL...u better buy it, and let the devil be ashamed cheesy cheesy
Dont worry, very soon u will stop converting everything to naira. smiley

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2015
iceberg54:

LoooL...u better buy it, and let the devil be ashamed cheesy cheesy
Dont worry, very soon u will stop converting everything to naira. smiley

Amen bro. Things r really expensive here mehn. Imagine to have an hair cut 30Euros. My pple at hm shud be ready to welcome their son back after my prog with Prof Soyinka's hairstyle.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 11:47am On Sep 26, 2015
GeneXY:

Amen bro. Things r really expensive here mehn. Imagine to have an hair cut 30Euros. My pple at hm shud be ready to welcome their son back after my prog with Prof Soyinka's hairstyle.

LooL...na to look for a naija friend to barb for u o. It might look terrible, but who cares, you just saved 30 euros....LooL
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
iceberg54:

LooL...na to look for a naija friend to barb for u o. It might look terrible, but who cares, you just saved 30 euros....LooL

Lmao.... Me don buy cap wey I take dey do hommies o...

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.