Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949405 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2016
Hi Annie...There are different scenarios to the account statement issue. How was the lodgement made into your account? Trust me the embassy will ask you to clarify the source of that fund on that particular day. The best would have been a direct transfer from your sponsor into your account so you can print the two statements. The money should be in your account until after your RP has been granted. When you go for your interview at the embassy, you will be asked to sign a consent form so the embassy can confirm your account statement from the bank so you don't need to bother yourself. Just hold a copy of every document you have earlier sent via courier to the embassy.
If you don't mind, you can send your phone number so myself and Olabode can call you to clarify better on the process. We will be glad to help you and others. Kittos

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:57am On Apr 23, 2016
Intelligentdude:
Wow.It truly has been favour for you bro.Do you think Finland Schools might want to start collecting tution from next academic year considering that this rumor has been in existence since 2012?

Bros no be rumor o!

It was confirmed in December 2015/January 2016.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Abbies: 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
Although I am still unsure about going to Finland, I want to accept Aalto's offer.
But what re the consequences if I accept now and end up not going to Finland?

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2016
Abbies:
Although I am still unsure about going to Finland, I want to accept Aalto's offer.
But what re the consequences if I accept now and end up not going to Finland?

Thanks

None!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
GeneXY:
Hi Annie...There are different scenarios to the account statement issue. How was the lodgement made into your account? Trust me the embassy will ask you to clarify the source of that fund on that particular day. The best would have been a direct transfer from your sponsor into your account so you can print the two statements. The money should be in your account until after your RP has been granted. When you go for your interview at the embassy, you will be asked to sign a consent form so the embassy can confirm your account statement from the bank so you don't need to bother yourself. Just hold a copy of every document you have earlier sent via courier to the embassy.
If you don't mind, you can send your phone number so myself and Olabode can call you to clarify better on the process. We will be glad to help you and others. Kittos
lodgement made twice by my eldest bro. In a space of 2 days.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
anniekoko:

lodgement made twice by my eldest bro. In a space of 2 days.

Is he your sponsor?

If yes.... Fine. ...

If No.... be ready to explain why your brother decided to make two (I presume large transactions into your account) deposits into your account.

Migri will go through your bank statement and ask you to provide information and details on deposits of over or around 100K in your account.

For those that are yet to submit their RP documents or have not started, Please if you don't have a job that pays more than 100K per month and if you have not worked for more than a year or you don't have a business with good returns and other documents required it is best you seek a sponsor that can provide the needed proof/source of income.

It is possible for one to have more than one sponsor if your siblings+parents are sposnoring you. In such a situation you will need an excellent explanation letter coupled with documents that supports their source of income.

To prevent long story from Migri when they ask for supplementary documents, If anyone is unsure about anything relating to the RP application.... explain the scenario and let peeps assist with the best way of going about it.

Last year I got a lot of assistance from the likes of iceberg54, Bunmmiech and my chief for Oulu I don forget him moniker.

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by keaderr: 7:12am On Apr 24, 2016
Hello Guys,

Regards
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 24, 2016
GeneXY:

Good day boss..pls would u b kind enuf to ansa som questions I may like to ask regards RP application and particularly on the statement of account? Pls I sent u a request to connect, kindly accept so we could pm. Thanks in advance.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 24, 2016
anniekoko:

why not give him your arm card or better still register for Internet banking and give him the token and details. if he can trust you enough to borrow you that sum of money you should be able to trust him enough to give him your bank details. Just my thoughts

Thanks brother for the advise. I ll try what u said.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 9:48am On Apr 24, 2016
Okay bro...
emiflex:

Good day boss..pls would u b kind enuf to ansa som questions I may like to ask regards RP application and particularly on the statement of account? Pls I sent u a request to connect, kindly accept so we could pm. Thanks in advance.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:35am On Apr 24, 2016
keaderr:
Hello Guys,

I currently have a job and earns over 100k monthly. I intend to state this as the salary lodgements will appear on my account statement. Despite this, I plan to use someone as a sponsor. I hope I won't encounter any challenge going this route?

Regards

With a well prepared explanation letter your RP should be granted in less than 4 weeks.

First, you will need to write an explanation letter where you will state that you are working and earning over 100K. You will also need to provide support documents such as employment letter and payslip. You can also state about 2 0r 3 reflection of your salary on your bank statement stating the date and amount and agreeing it to your pay slip.

Since you will be using a sponsor, ensure that he transfers 1.5M naira (6720 euros) directly from his account (the one or part of the one that you will be presenting to MIGRI) to yours as MIGRI will check to see the flow of the fund. You will also need to provide proof of source of income for your sponsor.

Salary earner sponsor
Employment letter (and letter of promotion if available)
copies of payslips
bank account statements

Business owner sponsor
incorporation documents
balance sheet and Income statement of the business
bank account statements

lastly, If your sponsor or you, the applicant have rental income you can also include;
property documents
agreements with tenant(s)
receipt of rental income payment
.......it is more convincing if rental amount on agreement agrees to what is on the receipt and cal also be traced to the bank statement

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nerressa: 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
who's applying to study in Finland next year?
maybe we should all do it together starting from TOEfl or IELts and the rest so no one feels left out..

4 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
olabode89:

Is he your sponsor?

If yes.... Fine. ...

If No.... be ready to explain why your brother decided to make two (I presume large transactions into your account) deposits into your account.

Migri will go through your bank statement and ask you to provide information and details on deposits of over or around 100K in your account.

For those that are yet to submit their RP documents or have not started, Please if you don't have a job that pays more than 100K per month and if you have not worked for more than a year or you don't have a business with good returns and other documents required it is best you seek a sponsor that can provide the needed proof/source of income.

It is possible for one to have more than one sponsor if your siblings+parents are sposnoring you. In such a situation you will need an excellent explanation letter coupled with documents that supports their source of income.

To prevent long story from Migri when they ask for supplementary documents, If anyone is unsure about anything relating to the RP application.... explain the scenario and let peeps assist with the best way of going about it.

Last year I got a lot of assistance from the likes of iceberg54, Bunmmiech and my chief for Oulu I don forget him moniker.

yes he's my sponsor. Thanks. Like how many months of my statement would migri need? Is 3 months ok?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 11:24am On Apr 25, 2016
olabode89:

Salary earner sponsor
Employment letter (and letter of promotion if available)
copies of payslips
bank account statements

Business owner sponsor
incorporation documents
balance sheet and Income statement of the business
bank account statements

lastly, If your sponsor or you, the applicant have rental income you can also include;
property documents
agreements with tenant(s)
receipt of rental income payment
.......it is more convincing if rental amount on agreement agrees to what is on the receipt and cal also be traced to the bank statement

I hope to get the €6,720 soon but I'm not working presently and I intend using my dad who is a salary worker and earns over 100k monthly as sponsor and depositing the money into the sponsor's account using his name before transferring it into my account. Please in what proportion can I deposit the money? Can I deposit it into his account with his name at once or should I just split it into smaller proportions, lets say 150,000 daily. I also want to know if the Migri peeps wud ask how the large deposits in my dad's account came about.
Also, I want to know how feasible it is for me to use one who is not a family member(e.g church pastor or member) as sponsor. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
shayhune:

I hope to get the €6,720 soon but I'm not working presently and I intend using my dad who is a salary worker and earns over 100k monthly as sponsor and depositing the money into the sponsor's account using his name before transferring it into my account. Please in what proportion can I deposit the money? Can I deposit it into his account with his name at once or should I just split it into smaller proportions, lets say 150,000 daily. I also want to know if the Migri peeps wud ask how the large deposits in my dad's account came about.
Also, I want to know how feasible it is for me to use one who is not a family member(e.g church pastor or member) as sponsor. Thanks

Hmmm... that's a difficult question for me, as i don't have an experience regarding money lodgement from the the Sponsors perspective.

My Advice.....
You can use a church member/pastor who is ready to provide proof relating to source of income but the sponsor will need to write a cute letter saying that he is your guardian or uncle/aunt (we don't bear same surname as all of our uncles/aunts) and has been sponsoring your education since high school. The letter should also show the sponsor's commitment to support you financially whenever needed.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
olabode89:

Hmmm... that's a difficult question for me, as i don't have an experience regarding money lodgement from the the Sponsors perspective.

My Advice.....
You can use a church member/pastor who is ready to provide proof relating to source of income but the sponsor will need to write a cute letter saying that he is your guardian or uncle/aunt (we don't bear same surname as all of our uncles/aunts) and has been sponsoring your education since high school. The letter should also show the sponsor's commitment to support you financially whenever needed.

Thanks Olabode. I think I'll just go with the church member/pastor option as sponsor to avoid complications.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 11:41am On Apr 26, 2016
Migri will ask you to clarify the source of the deposits into your dad's account. So to avoid complications, you might wanna consider using your church member. But then be sure that the person will be willing to provide any document required. And just like boss Olabode89 stated, the sponsor's letter is very important and must be well detailed.

All the best sir!

shayhune:

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
jeffoe:
Got a rejection letter from lut it now remains abo akademi and uef
you will surely have a testimony like me. God will see you through

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
hseref:

Was there positive news from LUT frankie ? God will see you through jeffoe.
yes my dear, na RP stuff remain oooo
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Massive felicity. Told you to keep the hope high. Thankfully, the akpun don done cheesy. Happy for you baba. Congrats once again.

thank you brother,God bless you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
frankie2K:

thank you brother,God bless you
Amen baba. You're welcome.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
In other news, admission dropped from University of Helsinki this morning.

Where man go go? HELSINKI, JYVÄSKYLÄ or JOENSUU(UEF)? I gbadun the courses for those places wella too.

Plus, I might eventually apply to Canada too whether or not RP pans out. UBC don dey welcome me. Lol

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by katolistic(m): 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
Guy its like i saw your agency office around Ketu/Alapere axis grin cheesy.

Congrats man, how u wish some of those admission could be passed on to other peeps.

SCHOOLDROPOUT:
In other news, admission dropped from University of Helsinki this morning.
Where man go go? HELSINKI, JYVÄSKYLÄ or JOENSUU(UEF)? I gbadun the courses for those places wella too.
Plus, I might eventually apply to Canada too whether or not RP pans out. UBC don dey welcome me. Lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
katolistic:
Guy its like i saw your agency office around Ketu/Alapere axis grin cheesy.

Congrats man, how u wish some of those admission could be passed on to other peeps.

Hahahahahahahah cheesy cheesy cheesy. Thanks Baba. God dey.#RPisTheKoko
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
iceberg54:
Migri will ask you to clarify the source of the deposits into your dad's account. So to avoid complications, you might wanna consider using your church member. But then be sure that the person will be willing to provide any document required. And just like boss Olabode89 stated, the sponsor's letter is very important and must be well detailed.

All the best sir!

Noted.

Actually, it's my elder brother who is in Estonia that I wanted to use as sponsor but he said the funds won't be ready till July ending and I feel that'll be kinda late coz school resumes in August and the RP process takes 1month+. That's y I'm seeking other mediums. I trust God that it'll all work out well. Thanks boss.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
Just when I thought the day was over after University of Helsinki.

Dear applicant,

I am pleased to confirm, that you have been accepted to the Master’s Degree Programme in Environmental Biology (EnvBio) at the University of Eastern Finland (UEF). Welcome to study in our two-year programme in Joensuu campus!

This message includes the following attachments:

a)       notification letter + confirmation form

b)      a notice from immigration service (residence permit info)

c)       Elli housing info

In order to maintain your right to enroll you are supposed to fill in the confirmation form and send it to university admission office so that it will arrive there by July 15, 2016. Also, you are recommended to e-mail scanned copy of the confirmation form to me (timo.kumlin@uef.fi ). The notification letter and the confirmation form were mailed to your ordinary postal address, as well.

Most of the non-EU residents need a valid passport and a residence permit to study in Europe. Please see the attachment (residence permit info 2016) for more information! In order to uniquely identify each student it is important that all students studying in Finland have a Finnish identity number (henkilötunnus). A foreign national can now ask to be registered in the Population Information System when applying for a residence permit or a residence permit card. A personal identity number is issued only to those who receive a positive decision on their application.

Please see the Welcome to UEF webpage targeted to the new students including the checklist: http://www.uef.fi/en/studies/welcome-to-uef

Please, note that it advisable to apply for an apartment as soon as possible in order to get one from the beginning of the semester!

In order to help the international students to integrate into academic and Finnish daily life, the International Mobility Services aim to offer each international student a possibility to have a peer student tutor. The student tutors are UEF students themselves and they have volunteered for working as tutors. Your student tutor will contact you by email. When you receive an email from your student tutor, please respond to him/her immediately even if you are not yet sure about your travel plans. The tutor will meet you on your arrival if s/he knows your arrival details.

The orientation for the new international students will held 1-3 September 2015.  Please make arrangements to arrive before the orientation. The Orientation programme will be available later.

You’ll also receive an info package containing practical and academic information later in May.

Please, review the programme practices in our web-pages http://www.uef.fi/envbio  for further information. If you have any questions concerning starting your studies or the programme, feel free to contact me.

With my best regards,

Mr. Timo Kumlin, PhD

Coordinator

University of Eastern Finland

Department of Environmental and Biological Sciences

PO Box 1627, FI-70211 Kuopio

Finland

Tel. +358 50 578 0381

www.uef.fi/debs

www.uef.fi/dpeh

www.uef.fi/envbio

www.uef.fi/toxen
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
I wish say na RP be all these o cry cry

University of Helsinki has accepted your application

You applied for the following study place:

Faculty of Science, Master's Admission, Geography, Master of Science (2 years)

Your application has been accepted. You were granted the study place you applied for. Congratulations!

You can find the decision on the Internet

You can find the decision regarding admission at the following address:

http://www.helsinki.fi/commencement/***.pdf

You can show the decision whenever you are required to show an acceptance letter. Reveal the address of the decision only to people who you want to be able to see the decision. The decision can be found at the aforementioned address until 30 September 2016.

Further instructions are on their way

You will receive further instructions in an e-mail message. The subject of the message will be "University of Helsinki offers you a study place". The message will be sent to you on 16 May at the latest. The message will discuss how to accept the study place and other important matters regarding being admitted to the University of Helsinki.

We kindly ask you to refrain from sending enquiries to us before receiving the aforementioned message. Most of your questions regarding being admitted to the University of Helsinki will be answered in the message.

Kind regards,

Admissions Services

University of Helsinki

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 6:40am On Apr 27, 2016
congrats

SCHOOLDROPOUT:
I wish say na RP be all these o cry cry

University of Helsinki has accepted your application

You applied for the following study place:

Faculty of Science, Master's Admission, Geography, Master of Science (2 years)

Your application has been accepted. You were granted the study place you applied for. Congratulations!

You can find the decision on the Internet

You can find the decision regarding admission at the following address:

http://www.helsinki.fi/commencement/***.pdf

You can show the decision whenever you are required to show an acceptance letter. Reveal the address of the decision only to people who you want to be able to see the decision. The decision can be found at the aforementioned address until 30 September 2016.

Further instructions are on their way

You will receive further instructions in an e-mail message. The subject of the message will be "University of Helsinki offers you a study place". The message will be sent to you on 16 May at the latest. The message will discuss how to accept the study place and other important matters regarding being admitted to the University of Helsinki.

We kindly ask you to refrain from sending enquiries to us before receiving the aforementioned message. Most of your questions regarding being admitted to the University of Helsinki will be answered in the message.

Kind regards,

Admissions Services

University of Helsinki

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.