Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (946407 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by FaithVoke: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hello. From your profile I can see you are a dentist. What program were you admitted to in Finland?
talk2dekky:
Please what documents does one need to take to the embassy? Is there a need to legalize, authenticate and all that other embassies do?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Yes bro. Those are the five recommended banks according to one of the files I got from the embassy when I booked for appointment. That said, someone got his RP last year with an unrecommended bank. (Goskian, I surmise.). But why would one wanna risk that? Best to play safe.
Oh my God, I am using union bank and I am perfecting my account,it Will be impossible for me to change to an accredited bank now,hope it isn't a red flag
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
Is the insurance meant to be done close to the interview date? I mean can someone do the insurance a month before the embassy interview?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by talk2dekky(f): 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2016
FaithVoke:
Hello. From your profile I can see you are a dentist. What program were you admitted to in Finland?

Thanks, but it's not for me but my younger one. She got admission to study engineering physics.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 9:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
Please will it be detrimental if my sponsor's bank statement balance is not significantly high after transferring €6720 to my own account?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 9:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
talk2dekky:

Thanks, but it's not for me but my younger one. She got admission to study engineering physics.
Engineering physics at aalto university?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by talk2dekky(f): 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dude04:

Engineering physics at aalto university?

No TUT
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 6:09am On Apr 29, 2016
The amount remaining in your sponsors account after he has transferred to you doesn't have to be significantly high only that the money remaining must be a reasonable amount as he cannot use all his funds to sponsor your education. Also his account has to show a steady inflow of money which could be in form of salary payment or business.
jkels:
Please will it be detrimental if my sponsor's bank statement balance is not significantly high after transferring €6720 to my own account?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 6:12am On Apr 29, 2016
You can do the insurance anytime before your interview date but remember you have to send it with other original documents to the embassy prior to your interview date.
jkels:
Is the insurance meant to be done close to the interview date? I mean can someone do the insurance a month before the embassy interview?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 6:16am On Apr 29, 2016
It's not a cause for alarm. Just perfect your account statement with Union Bank then open a new account with any of the accredited bank and transfer your funds from Union Bank to it. You should print both statements of accounts and submit to the embassy(Union Bank & the new accredited bank). Just make sure the fund in your new bank statement shows it was transferred from Union Bank then you are good to go.
Exactly what I did for my application last year.
frankie2K:

Oh my God, I am using union bank and I am perfecting my account,it Will be impossible for me to change to an accredited bank now,hope it isn't a red flag
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 6:49am On Apr 29, 2016
frankie2K:

Oga Franko, I think Goskian actually used Union bank but then, why would you want to risk that?
You fit just send from Union bank to the recommended bank and submit both accounts na so e go fit reflect say na u Lodge to the new account. (just my thought though, I stand to be corrected).

Otherwise, you could still use union bank. (those five banks are merely recommended and not necessarily enforced or compelled).

PS: Just saw GeneXY's post after posting the above and I totally acquiesce! The oga has spoken and from experience too! Hence, fear Not grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 7:31am On Apr 29, 2016
GeneXY:
It's not a cause for alarm. Just perfect your account statement with Union Bank then open a new account with any of the accredited bank and transfer your funds from Union Bank to it. You should print both statements of accounts and submit to the embassy(Union Bank & the new accredited bank). Just make sure the fund in your new bank statement shows it was transferred from Union Bank then you are good to go.
Exactly what I did for my application last year.
Please bosses, the accredited banks is it for me or my sponsor?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 7:59am On Apr 29, 2016
The accredited bank is for you.
You can do it in two ways; either your sponsor transfers the money directly from his own account with any bank to your new account with any of the accredited banks. Then you submit your sponsors statement with your union bank account and also your new accredited bank statement.
OR your sponsor transfers it to your union bank statement(which you said you are already building) then you can transfer it to your new accredited bank account. Then submit the three statements.

Either ways you do it,you are cool. I know peeps who used other bank statements that are not among the accredited banks and their RP was granted. The major thing is you having access to the funds when you get to Finland which you can with your MasterCard.
jkels:

Please bosses, the accredited banks is it for me or my sponsor?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 9:34am On Apr 29, 2016
Thanks so much. Now I understand
GeneXY:
The accredited bank is for you.
You can do it in two ways; either your sponsor transfers the money directly from his own account with any bank to your new account with any of the accredited banks. Then you submit your sponsors statement with your union bank account and also your new accredited bank statement.
OR your sponsor transfers it to your union bank statement(which you said you are already building) then you can transfer it to your new accredited bank account. Then submit the three statements.

Either ways you do it,you are cool. I know peeps who used other bank statements that are not among the accredited banks and their RP was granted. The major thing is you having access to the funds when you get to Finland which you can with your MasterCard.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
God is faithful
2nd admission mail just dropped from UEF, MDP in Health and Business,Kuopio
keep the hope alive.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
temmy2008:
God is faithful
keep the hope alive.
Congrats baba. Na this one you dey go for now abi?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 5:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
After uaf rejecting my transcript on the two occasions it was sent to them plus rejecting my statement of result I am please to inform the house that I have just being admitted to abo akademi. I had already lost hope coz I applied to 4 programs and three had denied me admission. for those still expecting God would also do it for you. I am just so excited it looks like I won a lottery.

7 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
jeffoe:
After uaf rejecting my transcript on the two occasions it was sent to them plus rejecting my statement of result I am please to inform the house that I have just being admitted to abo akademi. I had already lost hope coz I applied to 4 programs and three had denied me admission. for those still expecting God would also do it for you. I am just so excited it looks like I won a lottery.
Congrats. God is great

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
temmy2008:
God is faithful

keep the hope alive.
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Congrats baba. Na this one you dey go for now abi?
still expecting one more program,would decide after.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2016
jeffoe:

Congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2016
jeffoe:

Congratulations bro, i'm so happy for you. Now you can see Finnish are not racist wink

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by FaithVoke: 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
MPH I guess. Waiting on that one as well. Fingers crossed. What's your undergrad course of study?
temmy2008:

still expecting one more program,would decide after.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 7:02am On Apr 30, 2016
FaithVoke:
MPH I guess. Waiting on that one as well. Fingers crossed. What's your undergrad course of study?

yea...Biochem
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by demaximus: 7:10am On Apr 30, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Abio baba. I appreciate.
But guys never say much about Jyväskylä.

Baba no dull. I de Jyväskylä but if I get admission into Helsinki tomorrow I go pack my bag. Helsinki is the highest ranked school in Finland, natives self no get slots easily. Plus there are lots of other opportunities and it is lots more fun because it has the most international presence and influences. No jokes, Jyväskylä is a great school, currently ranked third I guess, the environment is nice but compared to Helsinki na make we compare dream with death!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 9:13am On Apr 30, 2016
Please are we to legalise any of your documents?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2016
demaximus:

Baba no dull. I de Jyväskylä but if I get admission into Helsinki tomorrow I go pack my bag. Helsinki is the highest ranked school in Finland, natives self no get slots easily. Plus there are lots of other opportunities and it is lots more fun because it has the most international presence and influences. No jokes, Jyväskylä is a great school, currently ranked third I guess, the environment is nice but compared to Helsinki na make we compare dream with death!
Boss Hw aalto university be U got any ideas. I would appreciate
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 10:32am On Apr 30, 2016
Please with respect to the health insurance, want to know about MARSH-SIP(Students Insurance Policy). From migri website, its states that they recommend Marsh SIP. Does it mean that AIICO, Mutual Benefit and others are not really needed? And as we know most of the schools are listed on www.studyinfinland.fi

(culled from migri website FAQ)
15. Where can I get the health insurance that I am required to have before applying for a residence permit for studies?
You can take out the insurance abroad from an insurance company in your home country or ask for a suitable insurance from an international insurance company. Finnish embassies and consulates and the Finnish police can provide further advice.
If you will study in one of the educational institutions listed on www.studyinfinland.fi, we recommend that you take out the Marsh SIP insurance which has been pre-approved by the Finnish Immigration Service. If you are attending an institution not on the list, you can, for instance, look into the following insurance providers which offer international health insurances for students:
– the French company Assurances Courtages et Services (ACS) (www.acs-ami.com)
– AON Students Insurance, whose parent company is the US company AON Corpo-ration (www.students-insurance.eu)
– the US company International Student Insurance (www.internationalstudentinsurance.com)
– the Swiss insurance company Swisscare – ESI Finland plan (www.swisscare-student.com).
Each insurance and its terms and conditions are assessed individually when the residence permit application is examined. The insurance policy must at least include:
– personal data
– validity of insurance
– geographical area in which the insurance is valid
– insurance coverage
– amounts of benefit
– possibility to continue the insurance if it is valid for less than a year.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 11:47am On Apr 30, 2016
Brother, go do either Aiico or Mutual Benefits Health Insurance and forget about this MARSH stuff. Even the embassy go send you list of an attachment of health insurance companies which Aiico and Mutual Benefit are among.
jkels:
Please with respect to the health insurance, want to know about MARSH-SIP(Students Insurance Policy). From migri website, its states that they recommend Marsh SIP. Does it mean that AIICO, Mutual Benefit and others are not really needed? And as we know most of the schools are listed on www.studyinfinland.fi
15. Where can I get the health insurance that I am required to have before applying for a residence permit for studies?
You can take out the insurance abroad from an insurance company in your home country or ask for a suitable insurance from an international insurance company. Finnish embassies and consulates and the Finnish police can provide further advice.
If you will study in one of the educational institutions listed on www.studyinfinland.fi, we recommend that you take out the Marsh SIP insurance which has been pre-approved by the Finnish Immigration Service. If you are attending an institution not on the list, you can, for instance, look into the following insurance providers which offer international health insurances for students:
– AON Students Insurance, whose parent company is the US company AON Corpo-ration (www.students-insurance.eu)
– the US company International Student Insurance (www.internationalstudentinsurance.com)
– the Swiss insurance company Swisscare – ESI Finland plan (www.swisscare-student.com).
Each insurance and its terms and conditions are assessed individually when the residence permit application is examined. The insurance policy must at least include:
– personal data
– validity of insurance
– insurance coverage
– amounts of benefit
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2016
As @schooldropout and @genexy have stated earlier, just go and do AIICO. It'll take you just 30-45 mins @ d rate of 30,800. Did mine yesterday.

jkels:

– personal data
– validity of insurance
– insurance coverage
– amounts of benefit

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.