Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:34 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (940351 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 7:53pm On May 20, 2016
chaiks:
Gunshots for gurus in the house. You v been doing well. My salute to those that I'll storm Finland soon. God I'll be with you as you set to excel. Please I intend to apply for the next application round. But when I'll the next application be coming up? Is Finland still offering tuition masters degree? I intend to do masters in international relations or political science, which University I'll be ideal for it in finny? wats the likelihood of being admitted in uni Helsinki? I'll like to hear from you to know how to prepare.
application would begin December 2016- January 2017 Finland is no longer tuition free.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chaiks: 9:22pm On May 20, 2016
Shiiiit. Wat a blow. Tnks @jeffoe. Had I know I would v buckled up and try this year. Anyway that's gone. But please how much is the tuition now? Can they still waive tuition for one with a high 2.1, a good ielts score and other stuff. Please which Country will you advice I should look towards for full masters scholarship or tuition waiver. Am about doing the ielts and with a cgpa of 4.49. Wanna study international relations, or migration and refugee studies.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:41pm On May 20, 2016
chaiks:
Shiiiit. Wat a blow. Tnks @jeffoe. Had I know I would v buckled up and try this year. Anyway that's gone. But please how much is the tuition now? Can they still waive tuition for one with a high 2.1, a good ielts score and other stuff. Please which Country will you advice I should look towards for full masters scholarship or tuition waiver. Am about doing the ielts and with a cgpa of 4.49. Wanna study international relations, or migration and refugee studies.

Additionally, the Finnish government will nonetheless, subventionise international students by providing some scholarships to succour the students of the financial burden.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2016
Abehg, bosses in the house. How far accomodation for Helsinki sehf? My campus na kumpula. Shey e go make sense make person get accomodation for outskirts? Like for Pitäjänmäentie 13?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 12:24pm On May 21, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Abehg, bosses in the house. How far accomodation for Helsinki sehf? My campus na kumpula. Shey e go make sense make person get accomodation for outskirts? Like for Pitäjänmäentie 13?

If u cant get something closer, then its fine. I think it should be about 30min away. Then train station dey pitänjämaki so e go dey easy to move around. Shey na HOAs wan arrange u for there?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2016
iceberg54:

If u cant get something closer, then its fine. I think it should be about 30min away. Then train station dey pitänjämaki so e go dey easy to move around. Shey na HOAs wan arrange u for there?

Baba, thanks o. I just wan apply nio. So, I dey reason which one go make sense. Make I dey the kumpula campus gangan or some distance away?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 1:22pm On May 21, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Baba, thanks o. I just wan apply nio. So, I dey reason which one go make sense. Make I dey the kumpula campus gangan or some distance away?

Yeah, if possible. It's always good to stay as close as possible to campus.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 2:19pm On May 21, 2016
please which document can be uploaded in the documents showing that you are legally staying in the country where application is submitted?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:22pm On May 21, 2016
jkels:
please which document can be uploaded in the documents showing that you are legally staying in the country where application is submitted?
You don't need that, bro, since you're a Nigerian, your international passport already suffices.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:23pm On May 21, 2016
iceberg54:

Yeah, if possible. It's always good to stay as close as possible to campus.

Okay bro. Will do just that. Thanks much.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 2:24pm On May 21, 2016
Thanks bro. so it means we dont need to upload birth attestation?
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

You don't need that, bro, since you're a Nigerian, your international passport already suffices.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 3:19pm On May 21, 2016
jkels:

No Sir!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 3:19pm On May 21, 2016
jkels:

No, Sir!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 5:25pm On May 21, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

No, Sir!
Thanks bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 6:12am On May 22, 2016
jkels:

Thanks bro

Anytime brother!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by epsilonwaves: 9:58pm On May 22, 2016
Good luck everyone
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 8:25am On May 23, 2016
Good morning all, please who else is finding it difficult to attach the necessary files on enterfinland.fi? All my attachments are in PDF and less than 4mb. Still some are giving me issues.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by scopebaba(m): 11:18am On May 23, 2016
Hi guys,

Tuale to all thr gurus in the house, i have a question to ask, ..

Is there any school in Finland that offers Undergrad courses that doesnt need or have Entrance exam,?? cos am presently not in naija , so going for an entrance exam wont be possible,

any information/advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 11:33am On May 23, 2016
annyjessy:
Good morning all, please who else is finding it difficult to attach the necessary files on enterfinland.fi? All my attachments are in PDF and less than 4mb. Still some are giving me issues.

What issue?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 11:36am On May 23, 2016
scopebaba:
Hi guys,

Tuale to all thr gurus in the house, i have a question to ask, ..

Is there any school in Finland that offers Undergrad courses that doesnt need or have Entrance exam,?? cos am presently not in naija , so going for an entrance exam wont be possible,

any information/advise will be highly appreciated.
Where are you? You could be close to a venue. I think a program in Aalto requires just your WAEC and SAT. Read through aril's posts. She got admitted into the program last year. You should however, be aware that tuition will be charged henceforward.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 11:42am On May 23, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

What issue?
I uploaded the documents, click on next page, then clicked back on the attachment page to confirm y documents are intact before I go submit, only for the first item(passport data page) and the last item (other documents) to still indicate no attachements.
Did all kinds of troubleshooting, still no headway.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 11:59am On May 23, 2016
annyjessy:

I uploaded the documents, click on next page, then clicked back on the attachment page to confirm y documents are intact before I go submit, only for the first item(passport data page) and the last item (other documents) to still indicate no attachements.
Did all kinds of troubleshooting, still no headway.
Encountered the same issue. Just upload and submit straight up. They might have been uploaded, trust me. I, in fact, have multiple uploads cos I re-uploaded some docs when they didn't appear.
Worst case scenario, you'll upload as supplementary docs if after submitting, you realise the docs ain't there. You get?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 12:24pm On May 23, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Encountered the same issue. Just upload and submit straight up. They might have been uploaded, trust me. I, in fact, have multiple uploads cos I re-uploaded some docs when they didn't appear.
Worst case scenario, you'll upload as supplementary docs if after submitting, you realise the docs ain't there. You get?
Yes, I get. Thanks.
Just got the same reply as yours from their technical department.
Thank a lot.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:29pm On May 23, 2016
annyjessy:
Yes, I get. Thanks. Just got the same reply as yours from their technical department. Thank a lot.
Glad I could help. Best of luck
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by scopebaba(m): 3:50pm On May 23, 2016
Thanks for your response to my post, I live in Dubai,..but I don't think they do hold any of the entrances in the Middle East, and if I want to come to Africa for the entrance ,..i will need to apply for a vacation/leave, and if am eventually selected(got the admission) that means I will need to go back to Naija again for the visa that means another leave, which they won't be granting at my work place and aside that I will have to spend a lot on tickets (2way for Entrance) another (when going for visa)
Only if it doesn't take long to get admission notification after the entrance then I can wait in Naija and apply for the visa without the need to go back and wait for admission letter.

Tuition fees is not a problem, I was considering Estonia, but they pay less compare to Finland (PT jobs),.

At least 1one can take care of some necessary responsibilities back home in Naija..

SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Where are you? You could be close to a venue. I think a program in Aalto requires just your WAEC and SAT. Read through aril's posts. She got admitted into the program last year. You should however, be aware that tuition will be charged henceforward.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 3:59pm On May 23, 2016
scopebaba:
Thanks for your response to my post, I live in Dubai,..but I don't think they do hold any of the entrances in the Middle East, and if I want to come to Africa for the entrance ,..i will need to apply for a vacation/leave, and if am eventually selected(got the admission) that means I will need to go back to Naija again for the visa that means another leave, which they won't be granting at my work place and aside that I will have to spend a lot on tickets (2way for Entrance) another (when going for visa)
Only if it doesn't take long to get admission notification after the entrance then I can wait in Naija and apply for the visa without the need to go back and wait for admission letter.

Tuition fees is not a problem, I was considering Estonia, but they pay less compare to Finland (PT jobs),.

At least 1one can take care of some necessary responsibilities back home in Naija..

You're welcome bro but hope you know you will be paying between €10,000-25,000 for tuition alone?
why not channel that into another country, preferably Germany or Norway which still offers tuition-free education, all you need to do is deposit €8,040 and 100,200 NOK respectively in a block account for whichever you choose. I'm sure they've got reasonable wages too
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by scopebaba(m): 6:35pm On May 23, 2016
Boss 10k Euros alone for Tuition? That's heavy,..I will take my time and do some research on Germany and Norway, hopefully they won't have Entrance exam drama,..2m for block account won't be a problem,..

Thanks a lot for the information, are you in Finland ?

Dubai is presently hot lol,..but Oluwa is fully involved.

SCHOOLDROPOUT:

You're welcome bro but hope you know you will be paying between €10,000-25,000 for tuition alone?
why not channel that into another country, preferably Germany or Norway which still offers tuition-free education, all you need to do is deposit €8,040 and 100,200 NOK respectively in a block account for whichever you choose. I'm sure they've got reasonable wages too
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olujastro: 6:42pm On May 23, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Are you guys here required to transfer your blocked deposit to Finland as well?
How are you guys finding it with forex issue at CBN, anyone here who's successfully transferred their required funds so far?
I'm heading to Norway and mine has been pending in the bank for a while now. No success yet.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by crest2j(m): 7:09pm On May 23, 2016
hello NL, I want to further ma academic in finland, I was hoping if dere is any NL in finland dat can help me with some schools der program is not costly tnx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 7:55pm On May 23, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Glad I could help. Best of luck
Thank you, you too o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 8:45pm On May 23, 2016
Schooldropout abef message me on whatsapp ASAP we get important talk . Kittos
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:31pm On May 23, 2016
Dude04:
Schooldropout abef message me on whatsapp ASAP we get important talk . Kittos
I don reply your pm but I never get response from you. I no get your number na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.