Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (948979 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tobzzy(m): 5:05pm On May 25, 2016
Finn081:

Chai! my brother abeg no vex for me o. I dey come dat side to read you guyz comments, you are doing a great job there with tobzzy

I no apply to Aesti o, but I believe your admission letter is on the way cheesy
make they release your result ooo because I wan dey come greet you for finland ooo... HBD schooldropout your RP on its way
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 6:15pm On May 25, 2016
tobzzy:
make they release your result ooo because I wan dey come greet you for finland ooo... HBD schooldropout your RP on its way

Nagode my brother!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dachizi: 7:39pm On May 25, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

My authentic Joensuu boo, gracias. We go def celebrate every every for Suomi! How's your RP process though?
. will send my docx next week . interview is on the 21st. I hope and pray everything pans out well. #ibelieve
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 8:20pm On May 25, 2016
dachizi:
. will send my docx next week . interview is on the 21st. I hope and pray everything pans out well. #ibelieve
Mine is same day
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 10:37pm On May 25, 2016
anybody going on the 22nd of june from lagos
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:53pm On May 25, 2016
dachizi:

Don't quiver. It's a done deal
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Wordsmith(m): 4:17am On May 26, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Don't quiver. It's a done deal

Hi, please I'm just registering online at https://enterfinland.fi/eServices. I have filled all that's necessary and gotten to the "Choose your service point and pay" part. On the Embassy site, they claim the residence permit fee for students, done via internet is N66 000. But with this exchange rate, won't that have increased, because I've had an experience with gtb and they claimed MasterCard have surcharges of their own. Do i still make the payment online?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 6:39am On May 26, 2016
Wordsmith:

Hi, please I'm just registering online at https://enterfinland.fi/eServices. I have filled all that's necessary and gotten to the "Choose your service point and pay" part. On the Embassy site, they claim the residence permit fee for students, done via internet is N66 000. But with this exchange rate, won't that have increased, because I've had an experience with gtb and they claimed MasterCard have surcharges of their own. Do i still make the payment online?
You can walk into any Standard Chartered Bank and pay it. 67000
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dachizi: 8:30am On May 26, 2016
Dude04:

Mine is same day
. kk. I'm short,round,big headed and very "obvious" . u'll surely recognize me on that day. Don't be ashamed to hail me o

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2016
dachizi:
. kk. I'm short,round,big headed and very "obvious" . u'll surely recognize me on that day. Don't be ashamed to hail me o

*faints* *falls off tomato tree*
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 26, 2016
dachizi:
. will send my docx next week . interview is on the 21st. I hope and pray [quote author=dachizi post=45965836]. will send my docx next week . interview is on the 21st. I hope and pray everything pans out well. #ibelieve
Girl you re a comedian, the discription is
dachizi:
. will send my docx next week . interview is on the 21st. I hope and pray [quote author=dachizi post=45965836]. will send my docx next week . interview is on the 21st. I hope and pray everything pans out well. #ibelieve
Girl you re a comedian, the discription is hyper. What is ''obvious'' again.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 3:37pm On May 26, 2016
dachizi:
Lol Abeg define 'obvious'
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sobastical: 6:35pm On May 26, 2016
Dude04:
Lol Abeg define 'obvious'
could be BBW
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 9:19pm On May 26, 2016
dachizi:
in pej voice 'na only you waka come' in emmanuela voice 'hope say this not your real face o'. All this for you. Na joke i day o. On a serious note that was rib cracking.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 11:54pm On May 26, 2016
pls when does it take to receive a reply from the embassy upon appointment booking
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ridwanadedapo(m): 9:17am On May 27, 2016
Good Morning all, Pls. Is there any way to confirm the Genuineness of our Insurance Policy??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by MindExplorer(m): 12:43pm On May 27, 2016
Hello everyone. Pls is application still open? I'd like to apply for masters in Mathematics. If it's not opened pls can you tell me when it will open again. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by katolistic(m): 4:13pm On May 27, 2016
Admission closed at the moment to open in December/January 2017

But is best you start preparing from now.
MindExplorer:
Hello everyone. Pls is application still open? I'd like to apply for masters in Mathematics. If it's not opened pls can you tell me when it will open again. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 11:02pm On May 27, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

It should affect but we have to wait to be sure.
Concerning the deposit, you should book the appointment now cos you'll most likely be getting July which is enough for you to get your documents together and send them two weeks prior to your interview.
Also, try to increase to 1.55 cos of the fluctuation.

Thanks for the wish.

Baba, I booked the appointment and was invited on the 17th, June

Guys, what should the sponsor's letter contain??
How should it be structured?? Your response will be appreciated.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:17am On May 28, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Baba, I booked the appointment and was invited on the 17th, June

Guys, what should the sponsor's letter contain??
How should it be structured?? Your response will be appreciated.

Nice one boss.
Letter of sponsorship no be long thing and no one way to am. Just ensure you introduce your sponsor(name, occupation and all that), sponsor's relationship to you, why he/she is sponsoring your, her/his source(s) of funds etc. Just those basically, you could write any other thing if there's something to clarify to strengthen the credibility. Make your letter dey original and no necessarily exaggerate things.

Best of luck, bro.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by obehivan: 2:50am On May 29, 2016
Goodday,i heard there will be tuition fee as from 2017 in finland.does this apply to all universities in finland?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 7:50am On May 29, 2016
Tuition fees 2017
Tuition fees will be introduced for non-EU/EEA students in Finland from August 2017 onwards. All details are as yet not available, please follow this page for possible updates.
Who will need to pay fees?
The fees will concern non-EU/EEA degree students who start their studies in English-taught Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes in August 2017 or after that.
The fees will not concern those non-EU/EEA students who
have started their studies before autumn 2017 *
are enrolled in Doctoral/PhD level studies and research
study in degree programmes taught in Finnish or Swedish (see section Studying in Finnish or Swedish)
are EU/EEA citizens or their family members (spouse / child)
are already residing in Finland or some other EU country on a permanent basis (i.e. are equivalent to EU citizens **)
*) in principle, the new legislation would allow universities to start collecting fees already in 2016, but in most universities/UAS's this is unlikely to happen. According to our present information, fees will take effect only from autumn 2017 study start onwards.
**) continuous (A) or permanent (P/P-EU) residence permit type
If you are unsure about whether you'd be subject to tuition fees, please contact the Admissions Office of the university/UAS you're planning to apply to for advice.
How much will the annual tuition fee be?
The minimum annual tuition fee as set in the legislation is 1500€. However, do note that the eventual tuition fees are likely to be even considerably higher than the minimum. Currently, the annual fees are estimated to be between 8.000 to 20.000 EUR approximately, depending on the university. A maximum level has not been set for the fees. Each university/UAS independently decides their fee structure.
Note also that the fees may be degree programme specific so the fees can vary also within one individual university/UAS.
Will there be financial support available for non-EU/EEA students?
Yes. Finnish universities and UAS's are also expected to provide new scholarship/financial support options for non-EU/EEA students enrolled in the fee-charging degree programmes.
Depending on the university/UAS, these non-EU/EEA student scholarships may be offered in the form of e.g. full or partial fee waivers, performance-based refunds, etc. Some individual scholarship options may also include a living cost allowance.
Where can I find detailed info on the fees and scholarship/support options?
Detailed information on the extent of individual universities' fees and financial support options will become available during 2016. The universities and UAS's will publish information on their fees on their own websites, each according to their own schedule.

http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/tuition_fees/tuition_fees_2017
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 7:52am On May 29, 2016
Tuition fees

Do I need to pay tuition fees in Finland?

currently, no tuition fees are charged in regular degree programmes - regardless of your nationality
tuition fees for non-EU/EEA students will however be introduced from autumn 2017 onwards
you must independently cover your living expenses - think carefully about how you will finance your studies in Finland
see section How to apply for advice on admissions
Tuition fees for non-EU/EEA students

The Finnish Government has decided to introduce a tuition fees for non-EU/EEA students, starting from August 2017. This means that non-EU/EEA students who start their studies in autumn 2017 or after that, are subject to tuition fees. The tuition fees concern Bachelor's or Master's degree programmes offered in English. Doctoral level studies, or degree programmes offered in Finnish or Swedish, will not charge tuition fees.
Each university/UAS defines their fees independently. The annual fee can vary even within one individual institution, depending on the degree course.
The universities/UAS's will also introduce new scholarship schemes for non-EU students admitted to fee-charging Bachelor's or Master's degree courses.

Tuition fees and living costs
Whether or not you need to pay tuition fees, do note that you are usually expected to independently cover your everyday living expenses during your studies in Finland.
Some individual scholarships offered by the universities may also include a living costs allowance, but this is likely to be rare; ou should therefore plan your finances so that you can also cope with the living costs like accommodation, food, travel, etc.

http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuitionfees
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:08am On May 30, 2016
Facebook post by University of Helsinki on Friday. Tuition has been introduced.

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:49am On May 30, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Facebook post by University of Helsinki on Friday. Tuition has been introduced.
This is between, 4m - 5.5m. Them no want make much people come again., i will rather go to canada.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:35am On May 30, 2016
hakeembee:
This is between, 4m - 5.5m. Them no want make much people come again., i will rather go to canada.
Abi o, but EU students go still dey troop in. And with time others go dey fall in too. E better to carry the bar enter Maple land or Aussie sha

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:44am On May 30, 2016
11th day going and Migri never drop mail. Be like these people don forget me. Lol. May 19 still dey kinda early na
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 11:14am On May 30, 2016
wetyn ur portal de talk? he don change to processing?

SCHOOLDROPOUT:
11th day going and Migri never drop mail. Be like these people don forget me. Lol. May 19 still dey kinda early na
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 11:24am On May 30, 2016
sirkezman:
wetyn ur portal de talk? he don change to processing?

Sirkez, Na "waiting for processing" e dey since the day wey I do my interview o. Shey e never dey too late?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 11:46am On May 30, 2016
nah.. queue don de b dat. dem suppose treat am this week sha

SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Sirkez, Na "waiting for processing" e dey since the day wey I do my interview o. Shey e never dey too late?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 11:50am On May 30, 2016
sirkezman:
nah.. queue don de b dat. dem suppose treat am this week sha

I hope so. Make man fit plan other stuffs well. My bank call me same day wey I do interview sehf to confirm if I apply to the embassy. So, be like dem do the verification immediately.
Thanks baba.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: Cation(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.