Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949300 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
Sorry man

frankie2K:

i emailed the embassy and they sent me this:
Dear **********
The Embassy of Finland has received a decision made by the Finnish
Immigration Service for your residence permit application. The
decision is in Finnish language. The Finnish Immigration Service has
sent also a summary of it in English and instructions to appeal.
The decision and enclosed appendixes are available in the Embassy of
Finland in Abuja. The documentation has to be collected within one
month from the date of this e-mail. The Embassy of Finland is not able
to give any further information concerning neither the decision nor its
grounds. The Embassy is neither able to answer your further questions
concerning your residence permit application. The Embassy will not
mail the documentation.
The decision can be collected in one of two ways.
Collection in person. The applicant or their legal guardian can come to
the Embassy personally to collect the decision. Kindly come together
with the applicant's passport, and a copy of this e-mail. If you are the
legal guardian of the applicant, kindly bring along your own
international passport as well.
Collection by proxy. You can authorize someone else to collect the
decision on your behalf. Kindly provide the authorized representative
with a signed letter of authorization, and your own international
passport. The authorized representative should come to the Embassy
with their own international passport as well.
The Embassy is open to collection of Decision from 2pm, between
Mondays to Thursdays.
Sincerely Yours,
Embassy of Finland
Abuja

meanwhile this is the mail i got from migri about my decision:

Hello!
Due to technical problems the decision in your case has been sent to
you to the Finnish embassy in Abuja. Please contact the embassy in
order to get the decision. Unfortunately the outcome of the decision
cannot be told via e-mail.
Kind regards
Anna Lindström
Head of Student Team
Immigration Unit

my hert dey beep as I saw the first paragraph of the mail embassy sent me, do every one receive an appeal instruction if d decision is postive? Or is it when a decision is negative?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Tajuidowu: 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2016
Dude04:

Whats the minimum balance now?

1720 euro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2016
Tajuidowu:

1720 euro
In naira sir
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mantleguy(m): 9:27pm On Aug 30, 2016
frankie2K:

i emailed the embassy and they sent me this:
Dear **********
The Embassy of Finland has received a decision made by the Finnish
Immigration Service for your residence permit application. The
decision is in Finnish language. The Finnish Immigration Service has
sent also a summary of it in English and instructions to appeal.
The decision and enclosed appendixes are available in the Embassy of
Finland in Abuja. The documentation has to be collected within one
month from the date of this e-mail. The Embassy of Finland is not able
to give any further information concerning neither the decision nor its
grounds. The Embassy is neither able to answer your further questions
concerning your residence permit application. The Embassy will not
mail the documentation.
The decision can be collected in one of two ways.
Collection in person. The applicant or their legal guardian can come to
the Embassy personally to collect the decision. Kindly come together
with the applicant's passport, and a copy of this e-mail. If you are the
legal guardian of the applicant, kindly bring along your own
international passport as well.
Collection by proxy. You can authorize someone else to collect the
decision on your behalf. Kindly provide the authorized representative
with a signed letter of authorization, and your own international
passport. The authorized representative should come to the Embassy
with their own international passport as well.
The Embassy is open to collection of Decision from 2pm, between
Mondays to Thursdays.
Sincerely Yours,
Embassy of Finland
Abuja

meanwhile this is the mail i got from migri about my decision:

Hello!
Due to technical problems the decision in your case has been sent to
you to the Finnish embassy in Abuja. Please contact the embassy in
order to get the decision. Unfortunately the outcome of the decision
cannot be told via e-mail.
Kind regards
Anna Lindström
Head of Student Team
Immigration Unit

my hert dey beep as I saw the first paragraph of the mail embassy sent me, do every one receive an appeal instruction if d decision is postive? Or is it when a decision is negative?
Most likely a rejection ! Go for your decision as soon as possible so you can explore ways to appeal or reapply.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Tajuidowu: 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
Dude04:

In naira sir
About 600k
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 10:35pm On Aug 30, 2016
mantleguy:

Most likely a rejection ! Go for your decision as soon as possible so you can explore ways to appeal or reapply.
I asked some oga at the top and they told me every body that got a decision be it positive or negative also receives an instruction for appeal
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=Tajuidowu post=48727243]I have received a positive decision from migri. Pls how long does it take for it to get to the embassy in abuja?[/
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
frankie2K:

I asked some oga at the top and they told me every body that got a decision be it positive or negative also receives an instruction for appeal

If it's positive, they won't ask you to come in person. They would ask you to send your passport by courier. Or have they changed the process nowadays?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fab11: 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hi everyone, i had my interview yesterday and i was asked to upload some documents. Which i have uploaded. I want to find out if the portal updates and shows that i have sent some additional document on my application page.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
iceberg54:

If it's positive, they won't ask you to come in person. They would ask you to send your passport by courier. Or have they changed the process nowadays?
they also said a proxy can come and pick it up. i called the embassy b4 emailing them and they told me for issues that had technical problems .if d decision is sent to them that d applicant can come or a proxy with d applicant passport
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
True and it wont be to pick up the decision but to pick up your card
iceberg54:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dapsycool(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
hakeembee:
There is CBN official rate, besides there are majorly two ways you can send money from Finland to Nigeria now and thats Western Union and MoneyGramme, so we check their rate. I will safe you the charges you would have paid them to send the money. But serously dont expect me to buy Euro from you at "black market rate". Someone already told me to come to helsinki tomorrow, so call me lets discuss.

I just exchanged at 1 euro to 450 naira today. Go luck with your Google rate. cool
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NELLYWEEZY: 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2016
Please house I need ur help, I was denied RP due to insecure and implausible funds. Now I want to reapply bt I was advised to get a new sponsor with rich earnings and all which I have done but the previous sponsors have given me the money I had in my account and this new sponsor will deposit another 2.4m to make the money 4.8, and I was advised not to remove the funds bt Instead explain the funds from the previous sponsors den get on with the new application and new sponsor too. The issue with my first application is Dat they think my sponsors wnt have wnuf money on them to sponsor me for the second year due to the balance in the account which was 300k
Please I need ur advice on what to do.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Abog2: 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hello guys, please I would love to hear each and everyone opinion about my current situation.
First of all I have applied for my RP and I was ask to supplement my application by clarifying where I got the funds in my acc, which I draft a letter explaining to migri that my mother who is my sponsor transferred the money into my acc than I attached the bank transfer receipt but the problem now is the bank transfer that my mother did was 7000usd which was not upto the the 6720euro they are asking for, so I added my own 650usd to it. Note this 650usd I added is from my pocket money my mother transferred to me on March, which show on my bank statement that i have recieved bank transfer on March.
But when I was explaining it to migri where I got my funds, I Jux said my mother transfer the money to me and I attached the swift transfer receipts of the 7000usd only. But it Jux cross my mind that what if they convert and find out that 7000usd is not upto 6720 in my acc, so where did the rest come from and stand on it to denied me the RP.
Now my question is they haven't decided on my application yet and I still have till Friday to supplement my account is it ok if I draft another letter and explain to them about the whole money and attached both the swift transfer receipt or I should Jux leave it like that. All suggestions r welcome. Please reply.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
dapsycool:

I just exchanged at 1 euro to 450 naira today. Go luck with your Google rate. cool
Ok good.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
olabode89:

You think say you sharp pass aböki or what?

You better conduct your business quietly before rate go blow up more more. If no be CBN Wey block small world all this gra gra Wey you dey do go don enter sleep mode because na black market rate guys go use for you.

Baba, I even hear say small world don dey work back
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Yeah, CBN don license them yesterday. We are back in business cheesy cheesy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:33am On Sep 01, 2016
Good morning beautiful people

I googled about Finland and I came across this statement

"The Finnish Government has decided to introduce a tuition fees for non-EU/EEA students, starting from august 2017. This means that non-EU/EEA students who start their studies in autumn 2017or after that, are subject to tuition fees. The tuition fees concern bachelor's or Master's degree programmes offered in English."

Does it mean that if I start before August 2017 (Spring Intake) that I won't pay tuition fee for the rest of the program?

Am applying for Masters Program in Wireless Communications.

Pls reply me, thank you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 6:53am On Sep 01, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Bros!

Yes o, e don dey work since 31 August 2016.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mike563: 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
Does enterfinland send you an email when the decision is ready or do you keep checking on their website. Am tired of checking.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by henrooik: 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
BOSSES in the house.
One of my sponsors is a business man and his tax clearance certificate is not up to date, he paid his company tax till 2013 on February 2014 and he is not willing to pay up the remaining which will cost him about 468,000 naira to update and he has transferred 600,000 to my account already and he has about 5 million in his personal account balance where he transferred the money to me, while the other of my sponsor who is based in Uk transferred 2.1 million in my account through bureau de change and his account balance is 700 pounds and I have the transfer receipt with me to prove the origin of the funds.
Does migri need the tax clearance to be up to date? and what will be my chance if I should use his documents as my sponsor
PLEASE HELP ME WITH YOUR WISER ADVICE HERE
This is my second application and time is not on my side, although the embassy rescheduled my interview from 7th to 26th of September
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2016
Mike563:
Does enterfinland send you an email when the decision is ready or do you keep checking on their website. Am tired of checking.

They'll mail you when the decision is ready.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
olabode89:

Bros!
Yes o, e don dey work since 31 August 2016.
Boss boss! Enough miliki for your side be that grin Una go soon collect alejo for Tampere grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
iceberg54:

Yeah, CBN don license them yesterday. We are back in business cheesy cheesy
Baba o. All the Suomi Money bag. Share am reach here o cheesy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Boss boss! Enough miliki for your side be that grin
Una go soon collect alejo for Tampere grin

Lol... no wahala... we dey wait for you o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Baba o. All the Suomi Money bag. Share am reach here o cheesy

Lol...continue o...I go kuku catch una.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
6/30/2016 We have received your application and it is pending.  
7/12/2016 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page. 
7/12/2016 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in a processing queue.  
8/18/2016 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service. 
9/2/2016 A decision has been made on your application. 
9/2/2016 The decision can be read on your user account

It was a negative decision.

It took them seven weeks (50days) to decide that, they did not ask for any supplements at all.

I appreciate everybody who have stood by me one way or d oda during the entire period.

May Almighty God crown your labor of love.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NELLYWEEZY: 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
Sawi about that bro u can look at what went wrong and what they mentioned in your documents as the reason for denying u and work on it if u are reapplying. Once again so about that.
PHRANTAD:
7/12/2016 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page. 
7/12/2016 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in a processing queue.  
8/18/2016 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service. 

It took them seven weeks (50days) to decide that, they did not ask for any supplements at all.

I appreciate everybody who have stood by me one way or d oda during the entire period.

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NELLYWEEZY: 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
NELLYWEEZY:
Sawi about that bro u can look at what went wrong and what they mentioned in your documents as the reason for denying u and work on it if u are reapplying. Once again so sawii about that. Please add me up on my digits 08111336678 so we can talk. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Abog2: 5:17am On Sep 03, 2016
PHRANTAD:

Oh sorry, what was their reason for the refusal, if is something not so complicated you can reapply.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
temmy2008 can you contact me on kelvinuche45@gmail.com
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
PHRANTAD:

Sorry about that Bro...I will advice you study the process, work on what went wrong and reapply again. In the end, you will be glad you made the sacrifices. I am telling you, coming now is really worth the effort.

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.