Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,520 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (947415 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hello guys I need a suggestion pls, I want to reapply for the RP so I contacted the school and they are saying we have only two weeks to report, can I still book an appointment and apply?

All suggestions pls
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
to report or register? if its to report, you should mail your coordinator and ask for an extension if possible

ceiling:
Hello guys I need a suggestion pls, I want to reapply for the RP so I contacted the school and they are saying we have only two weeks to report, can I still book an appointment and apply?

All suggestions pls
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
Small world fans, it is back o!

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fab11: 9:53am On Sep 30, 2016
Na wa o..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 6:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
if you are coming via turkish airline, make sure you have e-access to your bank account as you may be asked to show your bank balance..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kingdiala007: 11:07am On Oct 02, 2016
Hello Good people of nairaland.

Please Can someone give me a first hand information on how to go about processing Swedish visit visa or a thread were i can get it myself. My name is King Diala i live in Owerri, Imo state (eastern heartland)

Thank you all.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fab11: 8:14am On Oct 11, 2016
Hi, is there anyone still expecting his/her resident permit? We've been so quiet on this group.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ugo2039(m): 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
The atmosphere here is so quiet, maybe people are exploring other options like Germany or Estonia....especially with this tuition introduction in Finland....here suppose don dey boom by now with admission portal just upon us
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oddytony(m): 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
very true. at this point in time, i am very interested in knowing what survival there is like. any ideas??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fab11: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
Whoelse is waiting for his/her rp
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NELLYWEEZY: 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
fab11:
Whoelse is waiting for his/her rp
I am
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fab11: 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
NELLYWEEZY:
I am

For how long now?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fab11: 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
For how long now

NELLYWEEZY:
I am
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 12:41am On Oct 14, 2016
Ugo2039:
The atmosphere here is so quiet, maybe people are exploring other options like Germany or Estonia....especially with this tuition introduction in Finland....here suppose don dey boom by now with admission portal just upon us

Yeah, I have been thinking about that too. However, people can still apply. The tuition is there, but people can still apply for scholarship. In my end, the tuition is 8K Euro Per session but every admitted student automatically gets 50% Scholarship. Moreover, you can still get 100% scholarship base on academic merit. I therefore still feel that people can still apply. Just my 2cents

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ugo2039(m): 5:49am On Oct 14, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Yeah, I have been thinking about that too. However, people can still apply. The tuition is there, but people can still apply for scholarship. In my end, the tuition is 8K Euro Per session but every admitted student automatically gets 50% Scholarship. Moreover, you can still get 100% scholarship base on academic merit. I therefore still feel that people can still apply. Just my 2cents

Oh yes! I will apply all the same
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oddytony(m): 11:36am On Oct 14, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

where exactly are you please. i want to start my application asap
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oddytony(m): 11:36am On Oct 14, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by striker9(m): 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Bro I went though some of the schools and truly there scholarships.Some are even up to 70% but the problems is most of the schools want a graduate who has minimum of 3yrs experience for masters.Is there a way one can go about that? thx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 15, 2016
Thanks for sharing information..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
striker9:
Bro I went though some of the schools and truly there scholarships.Some are even up to 70% but the problems is most of the schools want a graduate who has minimum of 3yrs experience for masters.Is there a way one can go about that? thx

Just apply, that is not the only thing they look at...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2016
oddytony:

Bro, go through the website of the Universities, you might even see some with 70% scholarship.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mike563: 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
Anybody wanna send money to Nigeria?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tobzzy(m): 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
To all the bosses in Finland.. please holla me if you are coming to Estonia(Tallinn) i need you to help me with something... reach me through ahmed.toyib@gmail.com
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 6:41am On Oct 19, 2016
For those of you interested in applying for master degree in Finland next year but discouraged because of the tuition fee introduced. There is an opportunity for you if you are academically talented.

University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Scheme 2017-2018

Connected with the renewal of university strategy, the increased importance of internationalization and the introduction of tuition fees for non-EU/EEA citizens, the University of Oulu has assigned a significant amount of money for tuition scholarships for 2017 entry. The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver. The tuition fee waiver awarded covers 100 % of the full tuition fee. Applicants can apply for the tuition scholarship as part of the admissions process.

University of Oulu Scholarship Scheme in more detail

The University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Scheme (IM Scholarship) provides scholarships to academically talented international students. The scholarship is aimed at students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year International Master’s programmes. The scholarship covers the full international tuition fee. University of Oulu IM Scholarships do not cover living costs.

In order to retain the scholarship in the following year of study, a student must have completed 55 ECTS by the end of the previous academic year. If a student does not achieve this requirement during the first year of studies, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee for the second year if they wish to complete their Master’s degree programme. An exception to this rule can be made if a student has been granted approved leave from studies (e.g. due to serious illness).

Eligibility Requirements to Apply for International Master’s Scholarship

Applicants are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2017-18, if they are:

Non-EU/EEA* citizens who do not have a permanent residence permit in Finland.
(Applicants not eligible for the International Master’s Scholarship are: 1) non-EU/EEA citizens who have a permanent residence permit in Finland, 2) EU/EEA citizens or comparable persons, 3) University of Oulu students who have been accepted to study BEFORE the academic year 2017-18.)

Eligible to apply for a Master’s degree programme at the University of Oulu for academic year 2017 – 18.
The applicant has obtained their first academic degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) from a recognised institution of higher education.
The applicant proves a high level of proficiency in English language. Approved methods of demonstrating language proficiency.
Applicants who are in their last term/semester of studies for their first academic degree during the application period, can apply for the scholarship. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of study placement for a Master’s programme will receive a conditional scholarship offer.

The scholarship application will be processed in the selection procedure only if the applicant meets the admissions criteria.

*European Union / European Economic Area member states are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein Republic, Denmark, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and United Kingdom. With the EU legislation, Switzerland is also comparable for EU member states.

The nature of residence permit is indicated in the residence permit with a letter. A permanent residence permit bears the letter P or A and an EC residence permit for third-country nationals with long-term EC resident status bears the letters P-EY.

Application for International Master’s Scholarship 2017-18

There is no separate application system for the International Master’s Scholarship. All applicants for University of Oulu Master’s degree programmes need to complete the Student Application Form. Those applicants who are applying for the University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship have to additionally complete the “Application for Scholarship,” section which can be found at the end of the Student Application Form. The International Master’s Scholarship application section cannot be completed and/or submitted without the Student Application Form.

The application period for the University of Oulu Master’s degree programmes and International Master’s Scholarships is 15.12.2016-25.1.2017

Selection criteria for University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2017-2018

Admissions and scholarships decisions will be taken at the same time. Those students successful in obtaining an International Master’s Scholarship will be notified at the same time as their offer of admission to their International Master’s programme is confirmed. The selection criteria for the University of Oulu IM Scholarship are based on previous academic performance and academic potential.

For questions concerning the University of Oulu IM Scholarship, please contact admissions.officer(a)oulu.fi

For more information, visit http://www.oulu.fi/university/masters/scholarships
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fuadlarind: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
Does anyone in the house have past questions of finnair annual report 2013(centria university of applied sciences
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by our9ja: 11:09am On Oct 20, 2016
Can someone apply without IELTS
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Carmal90(m): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
Pls, who has a clue whether HND holder will be allowed for Masters degree
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hi bosses, I just graduated from FUTA with Cgpa 3.96 and I study geology. My NYSC is coming up next month . This is my question ..
I applied for centria undergrad program and they gave me business management and the exam is stated for November 5th. Considering that I already finished Bsc and graduated with a good degree ,
My question:
1...please is it advisable for me to start all over again by going for BSC programme in Finland ..
2...And also is it possible for me to cross to master programme with no tution fee when I get to Finland ..
Please I will be very happy if I can get a nice reply because my future depends on the step I take now . Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
fuadlarind:
Does anyone in the house have past questions of finnair annual report 2013(centria university of applied sciences
Hi bro . Am also looking for the past question. If you got it before me please do so to help me with it and vice Versa..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mantleguy(m): 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
Iblad0994:
Hi bosses, I just graduated from FUTA with Cgpa 3.96 and I study geology. My NYSC is coming up next month . This is my question ..
I applied for centria undergrad program and they gave me business management and the exam is stated for November 5th. Considering that I already finished Bsc and graduated with a good degree ,
My question:
1...please is it advisable for me to start all over again by going for BSC programme in Finland ..
2...And also is it possible for me to cross to master programme with no tution fee when I get to Finland ..
Please I will be very happy if I can get a nice reply because my future depends on the step I take now . Thanks
This guy funny oo...
C'mon!!

If someone asked you the same questions, what will you advise him/her? Clearly , your answer is obvious to me... Now do the same thing to ur self.

Why are you even contemplating another B. Sc when you already have a BSc with a very admittable CGPA.?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
mantleguy:

This guy funny oo...
C'mon!!

If someone asked you the same questions, what will you advise him/her? Clearly , your answer is obvious to me... Now do the same thing to ur self.

Why are you even contemplating another B. Sc when you already have a BSc with a very admittable CGPA.?

If someone ask me bro my answer will be a NO.. But sometimes we need to ask question to satisfy our troubling mind .. This thing is giving me a lot of headache.
I think I will need to scrap this Finland of a thing and face my life squarely in Nigeria or try to apply for a master's in USA university after my NYSC
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 1:38am On Oct 21, 2016
our9ja:
Can someone apply without IELTS
For University of Oulu yes you can but IETLS gives you an edge if there are limited spaces for admission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.