Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949159 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
obiaguna:

what if one does not have his/her international passport?

How did you register for ielts in the first place? Cos you're required to upload your IP
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by obiaguna(m): 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
sirkezman:
yes i know guys with 2.2. haven't seen anyone with third class though. your result isnt the only criteria, if you have first class and get 6 in ielts, you are not going anywhere and in case of my own department, we had an interview and even if you meet all the criteria and fail the interview, you are still out. your first degree will only be used when there are so many qualified applicants. Thats why its advisable to apply to many schools/courses

pls can I get your contact information.i need you to help me clarify a few things.please

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by obiaguna(m): 10:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
adebasket97:

How did you register for ielts in the first place? Cos you're required to upload your IP

I haven't registered yet. So I can't register for Ielts without a passport ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by obiaguna(m): 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
House please what do they mean by a prospective applicant getting nothing less than 180 ects credits. Is it in any way related to our class of degree? And finally, is there any school in Finland that doesn't require a gmat for admission processing into a post graduate programme. Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bestsolutionict: 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
Inufele1:

What ever teaching u want to teach someone u should do it on this thread please, do everything in the open no private email exchanges here, except for study materials. that is why it's called an open forum. Many people are sending transcripts, so tell us what u know, just like you have been told all you asked too.

Besides UAF won't accept transcript not sent directly from your school with the sending school seal on it.

Yeah yeah.... U r right...but anytin that involves logic...I don't post directly online...am sorry but that just how I do my tin...who knows who is reading diz stuffs we talk here...we need to be careful of tinz we post online...anytin that involves wuru wuru, extra caution is needed........
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
obiaguna:

what if one does not have his/her international passport?
you don't have int passport and you want to travel abroad, you can't do any thing international with out your passport
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by obiaguna(m): 11:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
bumitek02:
you don't have int passport and you want to travel abroad, you can't do any thing international with out your passport

lol, I know that its important, I didn't know that its was needed to write ielts and even open a funima account. Anyways thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bestsolutionict: 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
For those that will be using NIPOST that way...don't let your school staple it or tape it (if u r from OSU, dey wil tape it b4 u knw it..tell dem to just stamp d seal, U.I will never staple or use tape, dnt knw abt other xools), nipost will reject it for R.mail...u will have to use the normal mail wc takes 21 working days at least (that's wah our xools use coz its cheap...200naira..that's y it gets there late)
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 5:10am On Nov 17, 2014
adebasket97:

Paste the link here man

Or you mean this......

Transcript of Records
The official transcript of records must include the following information:

full titles of the units that the student has completed for the degree

completion times of study units (or at the very least the overall study time at the institution)

grades obtained credits awarded information on the grading scale used at the institution at the time of study

Exactly,dts wat I mean.d main issue is d 2nd sentence,completion time of study(or at the very least the overall study time at the instsitution)remember our transcript don't carry such.so Wts can some1 do?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:09am On Nov 17, 2014
ooluseyipa:

Exactly,dts wat I mean.d main issue is d 2nd sentence,completion time of study(or at the very least the overall study time at the instsitution)remember our transcript don't carry such.so Wts can some1 do?

Completion time of study shows in your transcript naa......it shows you use 8semesters which is 4years or in my own case 10 semesters, 5years.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:10am On Nov 17, 2014
obiaguna:

I haven't registered yet. So I can't register for Ielts without a passport ?

Yes.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:12am On Nov 17, 2014
bestsolutionict:
For those that will be using NIPOST that way...don't let your school staple it or tape it (if u r from OSU, dey wil tape it b4 u knw it..tell dem to just stamp d seal, U.I will never staple or use tape, dnt knw abt other xools), nipost will reject it for R.mail...u will have to use the normal mail wc takes 21 working days at least (that's wah our xools use coz its cheap...200naira..that's y it gets there late)

Lol.....my school uses dhl sha o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 7:51am On Nov 17, 2014
adebasket97:

same here 2...lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bestsolutionict: 9:00am On Nov 17, 2014
adebasket97:

Then ur transcript is not 2500 naira...it must be very expensive.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:20am On Nov 17, 2014
bestsolutionict:

Then ur transcript is not 2500 naira...it must be very expensive.

Na 10k per copy o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 9:41am On Nov 17, 2014
adebasket97:

Na 10k per copy o.

@adebasket97 which kine university be dt?well mine is jst 2000 per copy,bt dey use dhl which will cost 10k estra to carry it.i

I will try and xeck d copy of my transcript,becos mine too is 10 semester 4 5yrs.so I will rexeck.

When re u applying?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2014
ooluseyipa:

@adebasket97 which kine university be dt?well mine is jst 2000 per copy,bt dey use dhl which will cost 10k estra to carry it.i

I will try and xeck d copy of my transcript,becos mine too is 10 semester 4 5yrs.so I will rexeck.

When re u applying?

Lol.....na FUT Akure o. If you are sending to a school within Nigeria, its 2k, also if you need a personal copy, its 1k but incase of of sending abroad na 10k ....I will be applying by next week....so by 2nd week of dec, it will get to finland. It takes 2weeks for them to do the processing and 3-4days to get to finland. I will send my application forms around that time too.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
adebasket97:

Lol.....na FUT Akure o. If you are sending to a school within Nigeria, its 2k, also if you need a personal copy, its 1k but incase of of sending abroad na 10k ....I will be applying by next week....so by 2nd week of dec, it will get to finland. It takes 2weeks for them to do the processing and 3-4days to get to finland. I will send my application forms around that time too.

Okay,its gud.mine is out,jst waiting 4 application to start fully.eida way,am sending it,by 1st week in dec or 2nd week.so dat it can reach dere with my application.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 5:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
well i really dunno but i suggest you google the courses and check for the interview pattern.. mine was about my bachelor thesis and some questions like that sha.. and yes the interview was either through phone or skype but i chose phone because i no trust 9ja internet

billydragon:
boss, pls what are the likely question they ask during interview and Did they conduct the interview through d phone? I will b applying to 2 programmes in uni of oulu and they both require interview. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
send me a private message. imma get it [quote author=obiaguna post=28078419][/quote]
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by evergreen9: 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hello abeg guys does anyone know if the Finnish embassy would give visa to a prospective student interested in writing the entrance exams? Why I ask is because I have been in touch with Finnish Universities and most , if not all of them told me that the entrance exams would only take place in Finland. I really hope this wouldn't be a problem O !
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
evergreen9:
Hello abeg guys does anyone know if the Finnish embassy would give visa to a prospective student interested in writing the entrance exams? Why I ask is because I have been in touch with Finnish Universities and most , if not all of them told me that the entrance exams would only take place in Finland. I really hope this wouldn't be a problem O !
that is the problem oo, they can issue you tourist visa but don't mention entrance exam to them
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
bumitek02:
you likely to get your permit from 3 weeks after interview, but even it comes out a little after jan 8 I think it dose not matter cos the sch will know what are passing through, did you apply online? Or paper,

I am applying online because I hear it is faster. My interview is on the 4th of December.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
bestsolutionict:

Don't worry...u will get it b4 that dat or dat week...migri is aware abt everything...so they will give u a decision as soon as possible... Wc side of finland are u going? When is ur interview date?

I am going to the University of Helsinki and my interview date is Dec 4. Everything is set, it is just to go for the interview and hope nothing goes wrong.
Thank you for the reassurance smiley. I'll help with any information that I have.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by manover: 2:03am On Nov 18, 2014
Prospective student should have a minimum of 180 ects, This means European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)
Example: Each subject is 6 ects

First Semester Course

Programming 6
Maths 6
Physic 6
operating system 6
Data Mining 6

Total: 30 ECTS

Maybe Second Semester you also take 5 subjects, and the total ECTS is also 30. Assume your undergraduate program is 3 years, which will be 6 semester, and each semester ECTS is 30 ECTS, once u sun all the 6 semester together you will have 180 ECTS.

But in Nigeria, we use Unit.

Example:

Chem 101: 3 unit
Phys 101: 3 unit
Use of English: 4 unit

Maybe you will take 9 subject in ur department, check the unit and calculate all together, those things should be on your transcript

Assume this are subjects done in first semester, and send semeste

obiaguna:
House please what do they mean by a prospective applicant getting nothing less than 180 ects credits. Is it in any way related to our class of degree? And finally, is there any school in Finland that doesn't require a gmat for admission processing into a post graduate programme. Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 5:25am On Nov 18, 2014
manover:
Prospective student should have a minimum of 180 ects, This means European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)
Example: Each subject is 6 ects

First Semester Course

Programming 6
Maths 6
Physic 6
operating system 6
Data Mining 6

Total: 30 ECTS

Maybe Second Semester you also take 5 subjects, and the total ECTS is also 30. Assume your undergraduate program is 3 years, which will be 6 semester, and each semester ECTS is 30 ECTS, once u sun all the 6 semester together you will have 180 ECTS.

But in Nigeria, we use Unit.

Example:

Chem 101: 3 unit
Phys 101: 3 unit
Use of English: 4 unit

Maybe you will take 9 subject in ur department, check the unit and calculate all together, those things should be on your transcript

Assume this are subjects done in first semester, and send semeste

Wow,God blessing bro.this thing ve been giving me headache since.thanks 4 d explanation.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by solonzo001: 8:27am On Nov 18, 2014
Please I want to ask this question can someone apply for undergraduate programme or transfer from nigeria universtiy down there
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 9:20am On Nov 18, 2014
Naijaphil:

I am applying online because I hear it is faster. My interview is on the 4th of December.
wish you the best, which school are you going?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
sirkezman:
well i really dunno but i suggest you google the courses and check for the interview pattern.. mine was about my bachelor thesis and some questions like that sha.. and yes the interview was either through phone or skype but i chose phone because i no trust 9ja internet

thanks boss. i tot bachelor thesis are for undergraduate not masters or did u mean your final year project here in naija? abeg no vex say ma question 2 much o.... me sef go prefer phone interviewgrin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
bumitek02:
wish you the best, which school are you going?
University of Helsinki. You?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
billydragon:
thanks boss. i tot bachelor thesis are for undergraduate not masters or did u mean your final year project here in naija? abeg no vex say ma question 2 much o.... me sef go prefer phone interviewgrin

Your project nah
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
Naijaphil:

University of Helsinki. You?
still wana apply next year, how do got your admission in terms entrance exam

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.