Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949175 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by samyan12: 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
Frosti:

Thank you so much for this enlightening piece.

Yes, I have a strong passion for ICT. There is some kind of affinity between the two of us and I feel at home whenever am tackling/solving any computer-related issue/problem. Should have followed my passion back in the days but my parents wanted something else and their will then was stronger than mine. What doesn't kill a man only makes him stronger.

If I decide to go this route, hope age won't be a barrier ( am 25)? Hope the embassy won't be wondering what's up? Hope my WAEC of 2015 is still relevant and I can apply with it (What of NECO)?

Twale!
there is a field called bioinformatics, its perfect for u with your biology background and passion for IT. Do ur research very well and u'll find unis with similar courses.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Val2001: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
Do not waste your money on courier service. Normal nipost registered mail (400-650 naira depending on your location) will deliver your documents here within 14 days. I have used Nipost for more than 6 times with 100% success
evergreen9:

Bro I'm in the same situation you are in o ! I am looking for a trusted courier service to use . I contacted UPS and to my greatest surprise dem tell me say na N14,500 to send transcripts shocked shocked shocked . Someone told me EMS / NIPOST registered mail service costs a little above N1,000 and that their service is very reliable and that the docs are delivered in about 7 days however I have my reservations concerning NIPOST. Anyway I would like to know if anyone here has used NIPOST / EMS to send docs and transcripts , if yes what was the service like?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
[quote author=evergreen9 post=28539061]

Bro I'm in the same situation you are in o ! I am looking for a trusted courier service to use . I contacted UPS and to my greatest surprise dem tell me say na N14,500 to send transcripts shocked shocked shocked . Someone told me EMS / NIPOST registered mail service costs a little above N1,000 and that their service is very reliable and that the docs are delivered in about 7 days however I have my reservations concerning NIPOST. Anyway I would like to know if anyone here has used NIPOST / EMS to send docs and transcripts , if yes what was the service like?[/quote

Nipost is d something as EMS,its jst dat EMS is 4 register post.well it's reliable very reliabel.it will get dere on time.u can use EMS nd it's cheaper
]
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Frosti(m): 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
samyan12:
there is a field called bioinformatics, its perfect for u with your biology background and passion for IT. Do ur research very well and u'll find unis with similar courses.

Thanks pal, will do just that.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by elemzbaba: 9:59am On Dec 03, 2014
billydragon:
nahco/cargo operator How will it affect sendin of trancript? abeg can u elaborate?tanx
don't all packages and letters pass through Nahco or am I wrong?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 10:18am On Dec 03, 2014
evergreen9:

Bro I'm in the same situation you are in o ! I am looking for a trusted courier service to use . I contacted UPS and to my greatest surprise dem tell me say na N14,500 to send transcripts shocked shocked shocked . Someone told me EMS / NIPOST registered mail service costs a little above N1,000 and that their service is very reliable and that the docs are delivered in about 7 days however I have my reservations concerning NIPOST. Anyway I would like to know if anyone here has used NIPOST / EMS to send docs and transcripts , if yes what was the service like?

Boss......no waste money except u have a strict deadline to meet. I used NIPOST registered mail throughout. Both for transcripts and other application docs. Except when they were on strike and had to use dhl twice costing me about 25k.

Nipost costs less than 1k and gets delivered within 14days. Sometimes faster. I only dont trust nipost for receiving documents. I never got my admission letter by post. But they are quite reliable for sending stuffs.

Cheers!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 10:52am On Dec 03, 2014
iceberg54:

Boss......no waste money except u have a strict deadline to meet. I used NIPOST registered mail throughout. Both for transcripts and other application docs. Except when they were on strike and had to use dhl twice costing me about 25k.

Nipost costs less than 1k and gets delivered within 14days. Sometimes faster. I only dont trust nipost for receiving documents. I never got my admission letter by post. But they are quite reliable for sending stuffs.

Cheers!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 10:52am On Dec 03, 2014
iceberg54:

Cheers!
but the problem with nipost is that you can't track your documents, and you know how 9ija things use to be, some times they may get some kolo mental, before your document will get there it will take 4 months or even lost
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hemmerson455: 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
boss, some of the schools are not yet open for msc, i have everything ready, would like to know how many school can one apply to at a time for the msc program ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hemmerson455: 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
@ adebasket ...boss, some of the schools are not yet open for msc, i have everything ready, would like to know how many school can one apply to at a time for the msc program ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hemmerson455: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
hemmerson455:
@ adebasket ...boss, some of the schools are not yet open for msc, i have everything ready, would like to know how many school can one apply to at a time for the msc program ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
hemmerson455:

No limit..as long as you can send all the required docs for the programmes.and yes some are not yet opened......you check the dates.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by evergreen9: 6:51am On Dec 04, 2014
Hi everyone , I hope this isn't a silly question its just that I don't know how the whole notarization thing works. Regarding the notarization , do I just walk into a high court (Ikeja high court for example)and ask them that I want to notarize my secondary school certificates ? Would I take the original or the photocopy, I actually plan to send my transcripts to 4 different schools (I was told multiple admission entries are allowed) so how much should I have on me ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by samyan12: 10:42am On Dec 04, 2014
Even thought some applications wont start till 15th, I want to start transcript process in my school, cos naija process no dey fast.what address am i to giv d school to send d transcript to?? And do i rly hav to hqve four diff transcripts sent if i am applying to 4 diff schools??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
adebasket97:

No limit..as long as you can send all the required docs for the programmes.and yes some are not yet opened......you check the dates.
@ adebasket aw far wit ur application boss? Hope u are done?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
elemzbaba:
don't all packages and letters pass through Nahco or am I wrong?
yeah, tink u are rite boss..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
billydragon:
@ adebasket aw far wit ur application boss? Hope u are done?

Not yet man, I had some prob with my motivation letter. All my courses require 200words and I had 600...so *editing mode*......will reg this 9t
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 11:38am On Dec 05, 2014
@billydragon abeg wetin you put for that upper secondary school. Na wassce I put....wetin you enter for study dates (start and end of study)

Seems it doesn't matter much but make person sha fill am there.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
Study in Finland shared the following link and had this to say about it:

Tuition fee discussion update & preliminary info on application fees (2016 ->wink

Since this has so far apparently only featured in Finnish-language news, here's a brief recap of a recent Helsingin Sanomat news story (http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1417576186654) regarding the recent governmental tuition fees suggestion www.studyinfinland.fi/tuitionfees

1) Tuition fee suggestion not likely to go forward

According to the news story, it seems unlikely that the current government would present the tuition fee bill to the Finnish Parliament after all. Basically this means that the plans to introduce tuition fees for non-EU/EEA students appear to be shelved, at least for now.

The Finnish student organisations SYL (university students) and SAMOK (UAS students) have already welcomed this "no tuition fees" news on their own websites (in Finnish only: SYL http:///1FXDbB0 and SAMOK http:///1CEXnJN)

We cannot of course know whether or not the fee issue would be on the agenda of the next government - governmental elections are forthcoming in Spring 2015 - this remains to be seen. But at least for now, it seems "game over" for the 2016 fee initiative.

2) Application fee from 2016

This is only briefly mentioned in the news story, but according to our preliminary information the new application fee would be:

* charged from the autumn 2016 entry application rounds onwards
* approximately 100 euros "per application round" - regardless of how many applications you submit during one semester
* not based on nationality but charged from *all* those applying with non-Finnish qualifications

The application fee payments would be administered by the Finnish National Board of Education (www.oph.fi) - so also in the future, on no account should you pay any "Finland application fees" to any agency or consultancy in your home country.

This is all we know of the application fee plans at the moment. Detailed info on the planned application fee will only be available later on, in 2015.

Stay tuned! smiley
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Debbylia(f): 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2014
adebasket97:
Study in Finland shared the following link and had this to say about it:

Tuition fee discussion update & preliminary info on application fees (2016 ->wink

Since this has so far apparently only featured in Finnish-language news, here's a brief recap of a recent Helsingin Sanomat news story (http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1417576186654) regarding the recent governmental tuition fees suggestion www.studyinfinland.fi/tuitionfees

1) Tuition fee suggestion not likely to go forward

According to the news story, it seems unlikely that the current government would present the tuition fee bill to the Finnish Parliament after all. Basically this means that the plans to introduce tuition fees for non-EU/EEA students appear to be shelved, at least for now.

The Finnish student organisations SYL (university students) and SAMOK (UAS students) have already welcomed this "no tuition fees" news on their own websites (in Finnish only: SYL http:///1FXDbB0 and SAMOK http:///1CEXnJN)

We cannot of course know whether or not the fee issue would be on the agenda of the next government - governmental elections are forthcoming in Spring 2015 - this remains to be seen. But at least for now, it seems "game over" for the 2016 fee initiative.

2) Application fee from 2016

This is only briefly mentioned in the news story, but according to our preliminary information the new application fee would be:

* charged from the autumn 2016 entry application rounds onwards
* approximately 100 euros "per application round" - regardless of how many applications you submit during one semester
* not based on nationality but charged from *all* those applying with non-Finnish qualifications

The application fee payments would be administered by the Finnish National Board of Education (www.oph.fi) - so also in the future, on no account should you pay any "Finland application fees" to any agency or consultancy in your home country.

This is all we know of the application fee plans at the moment. Detailed info on the planned application fee will only be available later on, in 2015.

Stay tuned! smiley
thanks for the info.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthney87: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
Am new here. Can sum1 explain to me in plain language on how to go abt it al from the begining? I wil wana aply 4 msc. I did biomedical tech. Wat nd hw do i do? Start frm stage 1 pls.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cjeriia: 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
anthney87:
Am new here. Can sum1 explain to me in plain language on how to go abt it al from the begining? I wil wana aply 4 msc. I did biomedical tech. Wat nd hw do i do? Start frm stage 1 pls.
start reading from page 1. Don't b lazy

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by XketchDesigns(m): 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
Hi guys, what's this exam you guys are talking about again? Do you guys means if I am offered admission I have to go to Kenya to take a test before I am finally allowed to go to Finland?

That guys who says he has his language certificate already, how do you plan to send it to UAF? Because I know u probably didn't attach them for the result to be sent to them.

Also, do FuniMa charge processing fees? Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
This your query get belle ooo
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Hi guys, what's this exam you guys are talking about again? Do you guys means if I am offered admission I have to go to Kenya to take a test before I am finally allowed to go to Finland?

That guys who says he has his language certificate already, how do you plan to send it to UAF? Because I know u probably didn't attach them for the result to be sent to them.

Also, do FuniMa charge processing fees? Thanks
what type of query is this one
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by XketchDesigns(m): 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
bumitek02:
what type of query is this one
It's just simple questions. Il appreciate if you can answer them. Thnks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 10:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
XketchDesigns:

It's just simple questions. Il appreciate if you can answer them. Thnks
ok I will but before I will answer them, first read from page 0 when I can now assist were don't understand
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bolajesu: 10:26pm On Dec 05, 2014
please are there jobs after graduation in Finland for international students? please I need urgent response pls
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthney87: 10:49pm On Dec 05, 2014
cjeriia:
start reading from page 1. Don't b lazy
if u dnt wana tel me den dnt. I know wat i mean wen i said in plain language steps 2 folo. Pls i nd help 4m sm1
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
anthney87:

if u dnt wana tel me den dnt. I know wat i mean wen i said in plain language steps 2 folo. Pls i nd help 4m sm1
u need int passport, IELTS toefl etc, then if eventually admitted you need 1.5 million in your account, but I fear you can still meet up cos msc application have already started.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by XketchDesigns(m): 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
bumitek02:
ok I will but before I will answer them, first read from page 0 when I can now assist were don't understand
If I did not read how would I have asked this questions? It doesn't hurt just to help with simple answers sometimes.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthney87: 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
bumitek02:
u need int passport, IELTS toefl etc, then if eventually admitted you need 1.5 million in your account, but I fear you can still meet up cos msc application have already started.
tanks verx much. Exactly wat i wama hear ist. Bt 4 d money is it a must or just a statemet wh can b some1 else own i.e ur sponsors own 2 show cos if i gt dat money nw i go do masters here nd busines 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.