Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949343 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 5:22pm On Dec 02, 2012
^^ thanks for sharing this piece of info, bro... Welldone!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by judeosakue: 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
Brodas,please how do I authenticate
My degree document for the application
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2012
judeosakue: Brodas,please how do I authenticate
My degree document for the application

you dont need to.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2012
@dahonestboss, is it advisable i collect and sent the transcript myself or should it be sent directly from my school... Like the sch am applying, they only asked for prove of bachelor degree and english test. Transcript is nt mentiond there. just want to sent it to be on a safer side
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 03, 2012
Manweysabi: @dahonestboss, is it advisable i collect and sent the transcript myself or should it be sent directly from my school... Like the sch am applying, they only asked for prove of bachelor degree and english test. Transcript is nt mentiond there. just want to sent it to be on a safer side

your school should be the one to send it directly. I doubt if your school will even give you your transcript. send other relevant document by yourself, but your school should send the transcript part

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 10:18am On Dec 03, 2012
dahonestboss:

your school should be the one to send it directly. I doubt if your school will even give you your transcript. send other relevant document by yourself, but your school should send the transcript part
thanks... I have like 2 transcripts in my hand presently.. I have my way of collecting it from them.. Thanks all the way!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2012
@dahonestboss, i am through with my application. I was asked to send Testimonial/Work Certificates as part of the required documents. Are they referring to Secondary school testimonial?...Cos am not aware that any university grants that. And for work certificates, are they referring to Offer letter of appointment? Pls clarify. Thanks boss.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
iceberg54: @dahonestboss, i am through with my application. I was asked to send Testimonial/Work Certificates as part of the required documents. Are they referring to Secondary school testimonial?...Cos am not aware that any university grants that. And for work certificates, are they referring to Offer letter of appointment? Pls clarify. Thanks boss.

Testimonial can be in form of a temporary certificate. work certificate can be contract letter, a statement from your employer and any document that proof your status a worker. the more document you add, the better for you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by martcrown: 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
@iceberg54, please when and how do u apply?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by brightlarry83: 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
thanks bro...am presently in Qatar and looking forward to leave for europe,but only checking out if its gonna favour me.and if i may ask?..how is job huting and the tendency of getting the job?....
dahonestboss:

You can't work with a visiting visa bro, No spoil our name for us more. visit and go bak to naija, respect yourself. believe me, if you wan stay, you no gbadun am at all. depending on when you wan enta, if it fall in april next year, then you fit enta here come do the entrance exam for bachelors study. if you get admission, then you just apply for your residence permit inland and work as a student. na the easiest be that
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by omidan21: 6:15pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hello House.I am also about to start my appliocation.I ve registered for IELTS,en wld go to my school as regards the transcripot tomorrow.but something remain unclesr to me.it is said that we should enclose all other supporting document when sending our application.is ois it possible I send just the online application now via courier service.then other documents like ielts en transcript would follow later when its ready,or I compulsorily have to wait for ioelts en transcript to be ready befor sending my printed out application.

Secondly,asides from the unis on UAF website,can I also apply to uni of applied sciences differently alongside.pls I look forward to your favourably reply house,dahonestboss en co,keep up the good work.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
omidan21
Hello House.I am also about to start my appliocation.I ve registered for IELTS,en wld go to my school as regards the transcript tomorrow.but something remain unclear to me.it is said that we should enclose all other supporting document when sending our application. is it possible I send just the online application now via courier service.then other documents like ielts en transcript would follow later when its ready,or I compulsorily have to wait for ielts en transcript to be ready before sending my printed out application.

yes of course. but make sure you send every document before the deadline. you can send each of them as soon as you get them, but when it past the deadline, the it may not be accepted.

Secondly,asides from the unis on UAF website,can I also apply to uni of applied sciences differently alongside.pls I look forward to your favourably reply house,dahonestboss en co,keep up the good work.

yes of course. UAF and UAS are two different thing. you can try both, and if anyone works out for you, then good for you. or if both work out, then you would need to choose the favourite one for you. go to this link for UAS application. www.admissions.fi
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by omidan21: 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2012
thanks a great deal.God bless you.one moe thing please,this transcript thing has been giving me headache.how do i make my university send my transcript to about 6 different school abroad,is it possible.cause it is being said on the UAF Website that Each application must have its own set of requested application documents. This means that if you are applying to e.g. three programmes in one unibversity you must submit three separate Application Forms and three sets of requested application document.i dnt know aw to go abt dese
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
Omidan21
thanks a great deal.God bless you.one moe thing please,this transcript thing has been giving me headache.how do i make my university send my transcript to about 6 different school abroad,is it possible.cause it is being said on the UAF Website that Each application must have its own set of requested application documents. This means that if you are applying to e.g. three programmes in one unibversity you must submit three separate Application Forms and three sets of requested application document.i dnt know aw to go abt dese

I don't know how you can make your university to send it on your behalf. this is not a new thing to them, student request for transcript always, have you gone for enquiry?

depending on the requirement of each course, then it would be advisable to send more than one educational attachement. but if the course requirement are basically the same, then you can send one copy.

Remember, you are sending to applications to UAF, and UAF will then send the application to your school of interest. so its pointless sending the same document twice if there is no differences.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by omidan21: 11:41am On Dec 04, 2012
Pls who has completed the apploication process on UAF website.the application number that wld be given to us,is it after completing the application form or there is a personal request for the application number.beacuse I am in my university here to start the processin of my transcript,but I can't continue because I wld have to write my application number on my transcript and other document.pls I look forward to your reply
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
omidan21: Pls who has completed the apploication process on UAF website.the application number that wld be given to us,is it after completing the application form or there is a personal request for the application number.beacuse I am in my university here to start the processin of my transcript,but I can't continue because I wld have to write my application number on my transcript and other document.pls I look forward to your reply

If you cant get the application number in the application process, then you will get it at the end of the application, give your school the number to write on your transcript when sending it, even if your school did not write it, they will locate your file with just your name, its not a big deal
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by omidan21: 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]THANKS IN A MILLION DAHONEST BOSS.I DO REALLY WISH EN WANT U TO BE PART OF MY SUCCESS STORY CAUSE OF THESE WONDERFUL AND GREAT OPPOURTUNITY U MADE AVAILABLE TO US ALL,AND SO SHALL IT BE.BUT PLEAS,SOMETHING SEIZES TO AMAZE ME OOH,
WHY DO SOME OF THESE UNIVERSITIES WRITE AS FOLLOWS 'NUMBER OF STUDENTS ADMITTED:10.'THIS IS BEING WRITTEN IN ALMOST ALL PROGRAMME DATABASE PORTAL.LIKE THE OTHER TIME I CHECKED ABO AKADEMI UNI,SEARCHED FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE,AND AT THE END OF THE PROGRAMME,IT WAS STATED CLAEARY DERE NUMBER OF STUDENTS ADMITTED :10.I ALSO SAW THAT IN SOME OTHER UNIVERSITIES TOO SOME NUMBERS UP TO 15.
NOW THE POINT IS,DO THEY MEAN THEY WOULD BE ADMITTING 10 OR 15 STUDENTS INTO DOSE PROGRAMMES.HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE,WITH ALL THE THOUSANDS OF APPLICATION BEING RECEIVED.I DOUBT.PLEASE,CLEARIFY THIS DAUNTED ISSUE FOR ME.GOD BLESS YOU CEASELESSLY FOREEVER.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TummieMarshal: 7:12am On Dec 05, 2012
pls can someone send me the link to whr i can get universities to apply for a masters in chemical engineering
secondly pls when is the next IELTS exams coming up, how much is the registration fee and where is it taking place?
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 05, 2012
omidan21: [color=#770077][/color]THANKS IN A MILLION DAHONEST BOSS.I DO REALLY WISH EN WANT U TO BE PART OF MY SUCCESS STORY CAUSE OF THESE WONDERFUL AND GREAT OPPOURTUNITY U MADE AVAILABLE TO US ALL,AND SO SHALL IT BE.BUT PLEAS,SOMETHING SEIZES TO AMAZE ME OOH,
WHY DO SOME OF THESE UNIVERSITIES WRITE AS FOLLOWS 'NUMBER OF STUDENTS ADMITTED:10.'THIS IS BEING WRITTEN IN ALMOST ALL PROGRAMME DATABASE PORTAL.LIKE THE OTHER TIME I CHECKED ABO AKADEMI UNI,SEARCHED FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE,AND AT THE END OF THE PROGRAMME,IT WAS STATED CLAEARY DERE NUMBER OF STUDENTS ADMITTED :10.I ALSO SAW THAT IN SOME OTHER UNIVERSITIES TOO SOME NUMBERS UP TO 15.
NOW THE POINT IS,DO THEY MEAN THEY WOULD BE ADMITTING 10 OR 15 STUDENTS INTO DOSE PROGRAMMES.HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE,WITH ALL THE THOUSANDS OF APPLICATION BEING RECEIVED.I DOUBT.PLEASE,CLEARIFY THIS DAUNTED ISSUE FOR ME.GOD BLESS YOU CEASELESSLY FOREEVER.

That is how it works in Finland. the competition is high because its free. it not like other places where there is no limit on the amount of student to be admitted because you have to pay for it, there is always a limit in Finland, some accept 10, 15, 20 student per period while some accept higher. you just need to prove yourself by submitting relevant documents with good grades that makes you stand out. the competition might be high, but do your best, and hope for the best.

TummieMarshal
pls can someone send me the link to whr i can get universities to apply for a masters in chemical engineering
secondly pls when is the next IELTS exams coming up, how much is the registration fee and where is it taking place?
Thanks

Please check this link alternative courses, I cant find your prefered course on the course database

http://www.studyinfinland.fi/study_options/study_programmes_database

You can confirm from british council in your region, or check their website for the next exam date
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by judeosakue: 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
Helo pips,thanks to evryone contributin to this thread
Pls I would like to know if photocopies of transcript are accepted because
I only have just one copy and I intend to apply to more than
One school.thanks pipo for ur anticipated repli
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 06, 2012
judeosakue: Helo pips,thanks to evryone contributin to this thread
Pls I would like to know if photocopies of transcript are accepted because
I only have just one copy and I intend to apply to more than
One school.thanks pipo for ur anticipated repli

you cant send your transcipt yourself, it would bot be accepted. your uni should do it on your behalf
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 9:01am On Dec 06, 2012
martcrown: @iceberg54, please when and how do u apply?

Visit UAF site for details: www.universityadmissions.fi
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by judeosakue: 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
dahonestboss:

you cant send your transcipt yourself, it would bot be accepted. your uni should do it on your behalf
. What if I send it in the name of my school can it be detected?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adonai36: 8:16am On Dec 07, 2012
Hello dahonestboss, two things still remain unclear to me;
1. The issue of transcript; am I required to send transcript to each school/dept that I applied to through UAF and UAS, as I already applied for about four programmes in four different schools, or I can send one official transcript to UAF/UAS. And also for the individual unniversities that are not UAF, e.g University of Vassa, should I send a different transcript?
2. Can I apply to more than one programme in the same school?

Thank you.

Shalom
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
judeosakue: . What if I send it in the name of my school can it be detected?

bro, you don't have to send it by yourself, I even wonder how you would manage to get it yourself because schools dont normally give it to student, they usually send it to the institution in question. if you do it your own way, its high likely your application will be ignored, i am assuring you on these one, because i know many student that sent it by themselves and were turned down.

adonai36: Hello dahonestboss, two things still remain unclear to me;
1. The issue of transcript; am I required to send transcript to each school/dept that I applied to through UAF and UAS, as I already applied for about four programmes in four different schools, or I can send one official transcript to UAF/UAS. And also for the individual unniversities that are not UAF, e.g University of Vassa, should I send a different transcript?
2. Can I apply to more than one programme in the same school?

Thank you.

Shalom

you can apply to more than one programme in the same school. UAF and UAS are different bodies entirely, you should treat them differently. UAS is for bachelor studies While UAF are for Masters.

when applying to uas, the requirement is the photocopy of your waec/neco/GCE (not transcript) certificate with your language test result, and after applying, you send it to the polytechnic of your first choice only.

for UAF, you are sending your transcript and other supporting docs to UAF in helsinki, they are responsible for the processing of your documents, you dont have to send it to each uni that you applied to unless required by the uni which is most unlikely.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by judeosakue: 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
Tanks boss
Pls I will like u to advice me
With just one transcript wat are my chances
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by judeosakue: 5:16am On Dec 08, 2012
Is it dat we are to send just 1 transcript to UAF? For all applications to the different schools and programs
Pls need reply
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mautonmentos(m): 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
Kudos to dahonestboss+other gurus on dis thread,I've been ffing d thread up 4 a while,my questions are as follows:I'm an Undergraduate presently in my Final year,and expected to graduate July 2013,I want to know if I can apply because my degree hasn't been awarded yet,as an architecture student,do I need to send my portfolio(collections of designs done) to d unis I want to apply 2??.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 10:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
judeosakue: Is it dat we are to send just 1 transcript to UAF? For all applications to the different schools and programs
Pls need reply

No bro, we are to send different application documents (including transcripts) for each program applied for. Each application is treated in isolation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.