Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Patience Jonathan Needs Our Empathy - The Truth Should Be Told - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Needs Our Empathy - The Truth Should Be Told (1181 Views)

Suggest People That President Jonathan Needs To Visit To Help Win Election / Martin Luthar Agwai For NSA - Jonathan Needs A True Soldier He Can Trust / Jonathan Needs A Reputation Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Needs Our Empathy - The Truth Should Be Told by aceman(m): 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
Let’s empathise with the First
lady –Okupe
The Presidency said on Tuesday that it
expected Nigerians to empathise with
and pray for the First Lady, Mrs.
Patience Jonathan and not probe into
her health problems.
Senior Special Assistant to the President
Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr.
Doyin Okupe, said this when asked to speak
on the First Lady’s whereabouts.
He was asked to also clarify if the silence from
the Presidency on Mrs. Jonathan was not
fuelling rumours concerning her health.
Okupe, who was very reluctant to speak on
the issue argued that Nigeria has gone
through a lot of trauma in term of leadership,
deaths and ill luck in the past.
“Ordinarily, I do not want to comment on this
matter. Nigerians have gone through a lot of
trauma in term of leadership and death and
ill luck and all that (in the past)” he said.
“Abacha died in the Villa, Obasanjo’s wife
died in the Villa, Yar’Adua lost his life in the
Villa.
“I think even if it is a suggestion that the wife
of the President is sick, what I will expect
Nigerians to feel is empathy, not probing, not
questioning (about her health).
“Have we become so disenchanted with
leadership as to believe that the leadership is
inhuman? I believe that the First Lady is hale
and hearty. I want to leave it like that.”

Source: www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/03/lets-empathise-with-the-first-lady-okupe/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Patience Jonathan Needs Our Empathy - The Truth Should Be Told by okunboy: 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
What kind of media summersault is this? This president just surround himself with crude media professionals. Disorganised!! The likes of Labaran, Abati, Okupe, Reno etc are bunch of confused fellow! What a pity!!

(1) (Reply)

I Will Never Stop Supporting Jonathan! / Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (UPdated) / UPDATE: How Ex-governor Segun Agagu Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.