Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,781 members, 7,806,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 (2818 Views)

Samsung Galaxy J7 Vs Samsung Galaxy J5 – Full Phone Specifications / How To Unbrick Your Verizon Gs3 SCH_1535 / Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by Ayhor2unde(m): 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
In my opinion, the htc one x+ beats GS3 hands down! Specs,display,better sound and UI wise.
The next BIG thing has finally arrive.

What do u think?!
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by Overlord999(m): 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
It's unfair that your comparing a new phone to Galaxy s3(which is 5 months old).you should compare it with galaxy note 2. Despite that I don't see how it is better than galaxy s3
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by amblors(m): 7:47am On Oct 04, 2012
It doesn't matter if both devices are compared, they came out in the same year. And specwise I agree the One X+ beats the GS3, but that's what the benchmarks are there for anyways. Galaxy Note is not a phone, call it anything else,lol
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by texazzpete(m): 8:00am On Oct 04, 2012
amblors: It doesn't matter if both devices are compared, they came out in the same year. And specwise I agree the One X+ beats the GS3, but that's what the benchmarks are there for anyways. Galaxy Note is not a phone, call it anything else,lol

In what specs does the One X+ beat the Galaxy S III?

Tegra 3 is no match for the Mali 400MP in the Galaxy S III. Even higher clocked, it is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY that the Tegra 3+ will manage to beat the SGS III's GPU. No idea about the CPU comparison.
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by amblors(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2012
texazzpete:

Tegra 3 is no match for the Mali 400MP in the Galaxy S III. Even higher clocked, it is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY that the Tegra 3+ will manage to beat the SGS III's GPU. No idea about the CPU comparison.

Just rechecked the specs, my bad. GS3 still beta.
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by amblors(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2012
texazzpete:

Just rechecked the specs, my bad. GS3 still beta by specs @ least b4 benchmarks show up
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by Overlord999(m): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
Well s3 can be easily overclocked to 1.7ghz too. And despite battery capacity been desame I am very sure s3 has better battery life.(due to HTC one x poor battery optimization) But I like the fact that it has 64gb memory, eliminating the need for micro sd
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by sushieater: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2012
amblors: It doesn't matter if both devices are compared, they came out in the same year. And specwise I agree the One X+ beats the GS3, but that's what the benchmarks are there for anyways. Galaxy Note is not a phone, call it anything else,lol
Lol that's exactly what i thought, the ''5.5'' on galaxy note II is just too big..Anyways it's a tough one to compare GSIII & HTC ONE X+, so i guess it's a tie..i think it's going to be better to compare Note II and One X+ since they're both coming this november or so (Note II is better though)..Galaxy Note II is still going to be the best phone this year sha, LG Optimus G & Nokia Lumia 920 are close ones too..Oh! And the battery life on Htc one x+ is way better now than that of it's predecessor(Htc One x)
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by achinu(m): 1:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
I have used both the HOX & SS3 and hands down the SS3 in my opinion is a better phone, didn't think I was going to like the SS3 but I have to admit it is hands down the best android phone I've used yet. The HOX was a good phone but I felt like the version of the HTC sense software was just buggy plus multitasking sucked monkey ballz on the HOX whereas the SS3 has been as smoove as butta grin grin grin. I will be staying away from HTC after my experience with the HTC One X, don't know if the One X+ will be better off imo.
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by Holumighty(m): 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
HOX is better my pips
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by amblors(m): 7:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
Holumighty: HOX is better my pips

134.4 x 69.9 x 8.9 mm
Weight135 g
DISPLAYTypeSuper LCD2 capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size720 x 1280 pixels, 4.7 inches (~312 ppi pixel density)
MultitouchYes
ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 2
 - HTC Sense UI v4+
SOUNDAlert typesVibration; MP3 ringtones
LoudspeakerYes
3.5mm jackYes
 - Beats audio sound enhancement
MEMORYCard slotNo
Internal32/64 GB storage, 1 GB RAM
DATAGPRSYes
EDGEYes
SpeedHSDPA; HSUPA
WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
BluetoothYes, v4.0 with A2DP
NFCYes
USBYes, microUSB (MHL) v2.0
CAMERAPrimary8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
FeaturesSimultaneous HD video and image recording, touch focus, geo-tagging, face detection, HDR
VideoYes, 1080p@30fps
SecondaryYes, 1.6 MP, 720p@30fps
FEATURESOSAndroid OS, v4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
ChipsetNVIDIA Tegra 3 AP37
CPUQuad-core 1.7 GHz
GPUULP GeForce
BrowserHTML5
BATTERY Standard battery, Li-Ion 2100 mAh
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by Mobinga: 9:11am On Oct 08, 2012
The specs of both are sufficient to do almost everything for a casual user.

I just fan't use the SIII, the plastic look is a deal-breaker.
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
The HTC has a more premium feel though, and the sound quality is Awesome. kiss (Beats Audio there)

The performance details won't be really noticeable by the "average" user.
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by forefronttmg: 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
how much is HTC one X?
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by utosco(m): 5:54am On Oct 17, 2012
forefront_tmg: how much is HTC one X?
Re: Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 by Kaybaba5(m): 9:45am On Oct 17, 2012
how can somebody install java application on samsung galaxy s3

(1) (Reply)

You Can Now Watch Dstv With This App / How To Check Radiation Level In Mobile Phone ? / Night Plans Of 1.5gb And Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.