Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? (17821 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by whitecat007: 4:03am On Oct 04, 2012
Finally, the 90mins debate is over. who in your opinion is the winner and why?
I think romney won.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by whitecat007: 4:11am On Oct 04, 2012
Held my breath half the time thinking Romney will be floored.
Obama being eloquent and all did not meet expectation.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by ektbear: 4:15am On Oct 04, 2012
Romney won, unfortunately.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by CyberG: 4:22am On Oct 04, 2012
For those who are just hearing about Romney's positions today, UNDERSTAND that he just changed those positions to appear as "moderate". This guy NEVER had these positions to come through his party primaries while debating among his conservative co-aspirants and appealing to their republican "base". However, he has SHIFTED so much and close to Obama's position on many issues, even the analysts and citizens noticed that and commented after the debate. BOTTOMLINE: Romney will say and do anything NOW to get elected! So rightly, Obama asked: Are these plans you talk about SO GOOD that you are unable to tell Americans what EXACTLY they are? Hope none of you is fooled by the flip-flopping, 47% dissing Romney. The comments he made in private are a VERY accurate portrayal of his real thought towards the people since he thought the public would NEVER see or hear it. Today, he knows people are listening and had to say anything to deceive you.

11 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by seedord247(m): 4:23am On Oct 04, 2012
ekt_bear: Romney won, unfortunately.

Not unfortunately sir... He prepared for it. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 4:25am On Oct 04, 2012
52% thought Romney won. . . .so. . . .

Romney was on attack mission!
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by ektbear: 4:26am On Oct 04, 2012
I am surprised only 52%.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 4:28am On Oct 04, 2012
ekt_bear: I am surprised only 52%.

Why?

38% thought Obama won

10% neutral
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Freiburger(m): 11:53am On Oct 04, 2012
I think Romney won it, But this is just the democrats strategie as usual, they are just reserving their punches for the last minute. 2 more rounds to go, we will see how it all plays out.

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Callotti: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
I did not watch it.
Too busy at work.
But I am glad about the reports I read this morning.
Let the American people speak.

Looking forward to ROUND 2!

47%. . . . . wink
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Rossikk(m): 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
What do they mean by who ''won'' the debate? It's not clear cut what exactly the criteria is for ''winning'' is. Is it the person that speaks the fastest, or is the rudest person on stage or the one that tells lies the best?

Both men made their points and showed their differences. One was more aggressive and loud than the other. If that means he ''won'', then the entire essence of the debate is defeated.

7 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2012
THE JEWISH MAFIA WHO RUN THE WORLD WON.

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by stagger: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2012
Romney came into the debate on the ropes, and he fought his way out of it.

Obama was busy acting as Mr Nice Guy. Nice guys do not win elections. He was queasy, unsure of himself and at times seemed lost for words. Romney was talking and talking and the words and ideas flowed. Romney won it fair and square. But then, the final impression is what counts. Obama needs to do his homework thoroughly. At the end of the day, it is jobs that Americans will vote on.

2 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by drumma(m): 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2012
Rossikk: What do they mean by who ''won'' the debate? It's not clear cut what exactly the criteria is for ''winning'' is. Is it the person that speaks the fastest, or is the rudest person on stage or the one that tells lies the best?

Both men made their points and showed their differences. One was more aggressive and loud than the other. If that means he ''won'', then the entire essence of the debate is defeated.

walahi ori e pe toh po
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Afam4eva(m): 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2012
Romney won the debate but at the end of the day it's the voters that won and they'll decide who becomes president. We saw how John Kerry beat Bush in the debate but lost to him in the polls. So, debates most times count for little.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by blacksta(m): 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
Rossikk: What do they mean by who ''won'' the debate? It's not clear cut what exactly the criteria is for ''winning'' is. Is it the person that speaks the fastest, or is the rudest person on stage or the one that tells lies the best?

Relax , no need for deep thinking. Who came out on top is what we are seeking
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
Even though I'm #Obama, I have to give it to Romney. The old man was like a bulldog on Obama's neck.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by means(m): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
It beats my imagination that all the foreign media are saying Mitt won the debate. Naturally, as the person who wants to unseat the incumbent, Romney was expected to attack the Obama policies which he did. Did you guys expect the seating president to attack Romney? No. He needed to defend his policies and calmly pointed out how he will continue with those policies. The poll on who won the debate hasn't changed the polls rating in the swing states that will decided this election. The Democrats are not panicking. People would have been disappointed if the President had gone on the offensive. Romney hasn't even explained the specifics on how he intends to create the 12million jobs yet. Just my take anyway.

18 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
Romney won!!

To be honest, Obama has never been that good in debates, and anything devoid of the use of a telepromter... He's intelligent but definitely not a leader...

I hope he wins, anyway...
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Afam4eva(m): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2012
shymexx: Romney won!!

To be honest, Obama has never been that good in debates, and anything devoid of the use of a telepromter... He's intelligent but definitely not a leader...

I hope he wins, anyway...

How does this correlate with the debate? Are you implying that only leaders know how to debate?

2 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2012
obadiah777: THE JEWISH MAFIA WHO RUN THE WORLD WON.

And who runs Obama??

Democrats and Republicans - two sides to the same coin..
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by jigwe101: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
I think obama won cause he didn't look"thirsty". Romney was rude, cutting obama and the other guy off just to get his point across. All I kept asking throughout when he was talking was"how" Apparently coal is one of the solutions, wow. obama on the other was patient.said what he had to say.#teamobama

2 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Siga: 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2012
I dont know why Obama didnt use all those 47% comments by Romney, BAIN Capital and his tax returns to attack his a$$....omo...I feel Obama and his peeps are planning something
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2012
afam4eva:
How does this correlate with the debate? Are you implying that only leaders know how to debate?

I was just alluding to the fact that Obama can't really do impromtu speeches/debates, where you've to talk without having to consult 'other people' or 'advisers'... That was my point...
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Ranoscky(m): 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2012
Jamji: ok how does that affect the price of cassava bread?
Hahahahahaa... I taya o, my broda!

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2012
jigwe101: I think obama won cause he didn't look"thirsty". Romney was rude, cutting obama and the other guy off just to get his point across. All I kept asking throughout when he was talking was"how" Apparently coal is one of the solutions, wow. obama on the other was patient.said what he had to say.#teamobama

I felt like the mediator (or whoever was asking the question) took a lot of bullshoit from Romney.

One point when Obama landed his point, Romney replied him even when the mediator said it was time to move on. Obama was playing Mr. Nice and Proper in the midst of bulldogs.

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
jigwe101: I think obama won cause he didn't look"thirsty". Romney was rude, cutting obama and the other guy off just to get his point across. All I kept asking throughout when he was talking was"how" Apparently coal is one of the solutions, wow. obama on the other was patient.said what he had to say.#teamobama

No Romney was not rude. This is not Nigerian politics grin. Instead, Romney was direct and straight to the point, Obama was more flowery. Romney was the better debater

2 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
^^^ How was he not rude when he chose not to follow debating rules? If Obama was allowed to cut in as much as Romney did, I'm sure that his ratings wouldnt be THAT low.

Romney was butting in with the little chance he got (even if his points were precise and lethal).

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Freiburger(m): 3:17pm On Oct 04, 2012

The criteria are: who sounds trustworthy? who is more confident about what he is saying, who knows more about how things functions in Washington? i rememebered when asked what the differences between these two canditates are , The president was the first to pick it up, he was completely out of point, and Romney was simply laughing. embarassed
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by PBundles(m): 3:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
CyberG: For those who are just hearing about Romney's positions today, UNDERSTAND that he just changed those positions to appear as "moderate". This guy NEVER had these positions to come through his party primaries while debating among his conservative co-aspirants and appealing to their republican "base". However, he has SHIFTED so much and close to Obama's position on many issues, even the analysts and citizens noticed that and commented after the debate. BOTTOMLINE: Romney will say and do anything NOW to get elected! So rightly, Obama asked: Are these plans you talk about SO GOOD that you are unable to tell Americans what EXACTLY they are? Hope none of you is fooled by the flip-flopping, 47% dissing Romney. The comments he made in private are a VERY accurate portrayal of his real thought towards the people since he thought the public would NEVER see or hear it. Today, he knows people are listening and had to say anything to deceive you.

SPOT ON! Though in my honest opinion and I hate to admit it, Romney won the debate. I think that Obama and his team underestimated him and werent prepared for this. Romney is trying to go central as possible in his views YET look Republican. Take for example his new look on young illegal aliens. We all know that right from time Obama has said he didnt think it was fair for them to be punished epecially if they were trying to make an effeort and fit in ( learning the language, going to school etc) We all know what Romney's view was as well as the rest of the Rep gang. Now all of a sudden, hours before the debate he ALSO is of the view they should be deported WT? Look at the health bill he is against, it is more or less a mirror of what he implemented as govenor. What a joker? He will balance the budget in 8 years Umm how didnt tell us. But just for the record only one past president in the last 16 years has been able to do that (clinton, with a surplus in his 2nd term).

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
I will love Romney to win Obama in the election. Obama hasnt visited Nigeria or done anything to warrant my support for him anymore. Blackman or no Blackman. Its permanent interests for me, am not interested in race, culture or sentiments. Am all for interest.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist / BA Plane U-turns From Tel Aviv After Flights Are Suspended / "Dying By The Dozens Every Day" - Ukraine Losses Climb - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.