Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates (27027 Views)

Dino Melaye And His Cars' Number Plates / Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States / Fashola Got Tongue Lashed For Saying*lagos Won't Vote For GEJ* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 04, 2012
I'm so sad because I have people in Lagos (non indigenes) and I just can't imagine the everyday pressure imposed on these people.
If you must practise your career, resign and go get a job with your cv.. stop acting like pharoah!
make life easy for the people. Abuja is progressing smoothly and conviniently despite being the CAPITAL of the FEDERAL REPUBLIC.. The people are happy including the lagosians..

Stop acting silly to generate money via tax..
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by gregg2: 7:38am On Oct 04, 2012
Rubbish! Rubbish!! Rubbish!!!
Greedy crooooks in Alausa.

Despite the billions in taxes, Lagos is
still rated world's third worst city to live in.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 04, 2012
etunoman76: I am a civil engineer and gets a building contract in Lagos that'll take about 4-6 months to execute, and I decide to travel down there with my car for ease of transportation, with the intention of going back to my permanent base in Abuja. Does that mean that I'll now have 2 pairs of plate nos and double registration, one for Abuja and the other for Lagos?
I'm trying to comprehend the logic behind this particular part of the law

You didn't get compensation or an allowance for a vehicle? That's usually how it works here, so I'm not too sure. Usually companies provide transportation and housing for contract workers.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by lekanSuccess(m): 7:39am On Oct 04, 2012
Oga Fash! Still waiting for bicycle Laws for we users too ooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by ceejay80s(m): 7:41am On Oct 04, 2012
I laff in chinese language, Very soon LAGOS GO TURN FROM STATE TO COUNTRY, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF EKÒ
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Ayodhejjy(m): 7:42am On Oct 04, 2012
born2fuck: The topic is deceiving it should have been" Lagos won't allow other plate numbers to operate commercial purpose"
that is wat we cal market strategy in journalism.
If the head line reads ' Lagos wont allow other plate nubers to operate commercial purpose' majority wunt read it.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by azimibraun: 7:42am On Oct 04, 2012
A law is a public policy and a public policy is what goverment choses to do or not to do and what a government does or doesn't do is made possible by the majority and the majority makes this possible by electing those who wld do their wishes and when their wishes are not done, they shld protest or through the legislative arm of govt whom they also elect and if it dosnt work they go out on the streets to protest peacefully and if it dosnt work and a recall or impeachment dosnt work, the voting majority waits for the next election.gbam! Americans are waiting for the next election and lagosians wll soon gt their own chance once again.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 04, 2012
Coolturbo: Na wa o, Lagos state wants to have their own country ,am very sure, they will soon have their own money, rubbish.
shut it ignoramus. You are so deep in filth when you see cleanliness, it becomes absurd.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by etunoman76(m): 7:46am On Oct 04, 2012
ogugua88:

You didn't get compensation or an allowance for a vehicle? That's usually how it works here, so I'm not too sure. Usually companies provide transportation and housing for contract workers.

I'm into private practice. I think the govt shud take a critical look at the part of the private car owners. I envisage a lot of abuse on the part of LASTMA.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by killuminati(m): 7:46am On Oct 04, 2012
Impossible!
And it doesn't make any sense...
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 04, 2012
etunoman76: I'm into private practice. I think the govt shud take a critical look at the part of the private car owners. I envisage a lot of abuse on the part of LASTMA.

I agree. Our leaders are fond of not always thinking things through.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by etunoman76(m): 7:50am On Oct 04, 2012
ogugua88:

Come to think of it, since u are in the States, it must be pretty late there. Are u working late or just trying to keep in touch with the happenings in Naija? U don't have to answer that, tho
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 04, 2012
etunoman76: Come to think of it, since u are in the States, it must be pretty late there. Are u working late or just trying to keep in touch with the happenings in Naija? U don't have to answer that, tho

The bolded and winch duties lol.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by etunoman76(m): 7:55am On Oct 04, 2012
ogugua88:

I agree. Our leaders are fond of not always thinking things through.

Some of them do have good intentions, but no workable plans in place, which often lead to failure/abandonment. I had a rather painful experience some weeks ago. The rot in the system can be frustrating some times
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Tonex(m): 7:55am On Oct 04, 2012
Nigerians moan about everything. Our failed democracy has shown that without draconian rules, Nigerians do not have the discipline to do the right things. I support Fashola for this bold move. We need a very firm hand since we have decided to remain unruly
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Bosuntop: 7:56am On Oct 04, 2012
This fashola and A.C.N are just looking for avenue to raise fund and they make useless laws back it up.why did he not make law to prosecute non performing officials of his government.All the thiefs in local govt,tax office,licencing office he cant do anything to them than bring laws to steal money and they ll use the money to fund elections in other state.Fashola and tinubu has turned lagos state to world bank use to fund elections. Ondo state people is waiting you ....
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by etunoman76(m): 7:58am On Oct 04, 2012
ogugua88:

The bolded and winch duties lol.

U are not serious cool. That winch duty must be lucrative. So, where is ur duty post? Hope not the hospital oh! Cos I fear for the babies there, u know na, winch and babies, hmmmmmm....
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by londoner: 8:06am On Oct 04, 2012
If people are conducting commercial transportation businesses in Lagos, it is right that they have Lagos number plates. Yes it is to raise income too.....but that is the logic behind all measures of this type the world over.

All states should adopt this same rule actually.

I do think the Lagos government should make the transition a smooth one, with a time frame for compliance and information on how to obtain the plates.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by redsun(m): 8:08am On Oct 04, 2012
In as much as it a pain in the asses of suffering unruly nigerians,this is how states get their acts together,make their monies,in this case for animals liketinubu,and become real big brother by having all and sundry in the database.It is something that must happen in nigeria for there to be sanity and control,but a little bit of it,in a place where government personnels are not compeled by law to be responsible,it is a little too dangerous.

It cannot remain the way it is done now,that the collections of state revenues should be in the hands of former state givernor,who thinks he is an emperor and does not give precise accounts of the revenues he collects.It is abuse of privilages,abuse of power and a total negligence of a democratic system.Tinubu has to be brought to book,for lagos to be sane.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 04, 2012
etunoman76: Some of them do have good intentions, but no workable plans in place, which often lead to failure/abandonment. I had a rather painful experience some weeks ago. The rot in the system can be frustrating some times

This is true. I give credit to some of them trying, but like in Fashola's case, I think there are more pressing issues that need attention first.

I'm an apprentice winch so the pay is menial for now. My duty post is in the Caymen Islands, near Mitt Romney's bank accounts. I don't mind the low wage. The place is beautiful cool
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by dewize01(m): 8:11am On Oct 04, 2012
I support d idea of d uniform buh i dnt buy dis one of re- registering
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Leboska(m): 8:16am On Oct 04, 2012
gud move.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by redsun(m): 8:18am On Oct 04, 2012
Stringent laws shape society,but all has to be equal before.Animals like tinubu can get away with mass murder,while a hapless truck pusher can be sent prison for puhing his truck on the motorway.It is a case of lawlessness.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aribisala0(m): 8:18am On Oct 04, 2012
It is a move that will translate into more Naira for Lagos state each new registration will bring in well over 2000 anually for the life of the vehicle. Next stop all those lorries bringing in food to Lagos how do we tax them

Just consider how much police were making from their toll check points in Lagos and if all that money was going to government. Lagos can still double internal generated revenue.

Next we should also tax every cow killed in Lagos ,pretty soon you will need a farting licence so only big men can mess. We don't want boli and epa mess in Lagos
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by megxo(m): 8:19am On Oct 04, 2012
ikoha: where is Lagos?
syria cheesy
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by timbros(m): 8:20am On Oct 04, 2012
LWKMD @ uniform for drivers and conductors grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by megxo(m): 8:20am On Oct 04, 2012
u praise dem, dey'll overdo
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 04, 2012
acidosis™:

Must it always be LAW LAW and LAW? ? ? Na only him get law degree ? ? ? we have governors with 3 degrees including one in international law.. yet doing well without putting pressure and fear on citizens..

Fashola is a lawyer without intelligence.. simple
you can say that again! Very soon he will say lagosians without vehicles should also have plate numbers! Smh

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by wellmax(m): 8:27am On Oct 04, 2012
In as much as I detest this new law, it appears Lagos is the only state thinking in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by mekaboy(m): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2012
I THINK FASHIOLA SHOULD BE ARRESTED BY.

IF HE IS LOOKING FOR A WAY TO RAISE MORE MONEY FOR THE STATE HE SHOULD COME OPEN.

RIGHT NOW IN NIGERIA THAT WE SHOULD BE WORKING ON HAVING A NATIONAL DATABASE FOR ALL PLATE NUMBERS LINKED TO THE VEHICLE OWNERS HE WANTS PEOPLE TO HAVE 2 NUMBERS.

SO IF SOMEONE WANTS BRING HIS BUS FROM ANOTHER STATE TO LAGOS TO WORK HE WILL HAVE LAGOS PLATE AS WELL AS HIS OTHER PLATE.

SO IF A BUS DRIVER GOES TO ANOTHER STATE AND COMMITS A CRIME, HE WILL RUN INTO LAGOS AND CHANGE BACK TO HIS LAGOS NUMBER SO THAT HE CANT BE FOUND.

THEY HAVE ADVICED PRIVATE OWNERS TO DO THE SAME. VERY SOON IT WILL.BECOME MANDATORY.

IF EVERY STATE STARTS THIS LAW, HOW MANY PLATE NUMBERS WILL AN INDIVIDUAL OR COMMERCIAL CAR HAVE?

PEOPLE WILL.BE CARRING PLATE NUMBER FOR EVERY STATE IN THEIR TRUNK.

IF U TRAVEL.FROM LAGOS TO.OGUN STATE, YOU CHANGE.YOUR.NUMBER TO OGUN . IF U TRAVEL FROM OGUN TO KANO YOU.CHANGE TO KANO

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by spendogram: 8:29am On Oct 04, 2012
Hmmm.It seems many of you guy's can not understand how good a move this is. As born2fuck has pointed out earlier,the law applies only to vehicles used for commercial purposes. Why should you use your vehicle continuously for commercial purposes in my state if it carries another state's plate.What many of you are advocating is what has kept the whole country backward since long ago i.e less developed zones/regions/states/whatever they are called not allowing others to develop. You think it is wise to wish Nigeria as a whole develop at the same pace? That is just mere wishful thinking. Some places will always be quicker to produce leaders who can see further into the future than others.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by warrior01: 8:34am On Oct 04, 2012
When it comes to raising money for their political leaders via tax, they will enact some stup!d laws that 'll force me to be a Lagosian by fire by force but when it comes to contesting for the same political office and enjoying some of the pecks that comes with it, I would be reminded that afterall, I'm not a true lagosian. Talk of hypocrisy of the highest order. Don't you guys think that what is good for the goose, is also good for the gander.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives New York For UN General Assembly (Photos) / Obasanjo Graduates With PhD In Christian Theology From National Open University / "Buhari Can Be Silly Defeated In 2019" - Sowore, Sahara Reporter Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.