Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,863 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:06 AM

Interested In Being A Judge? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Interested In Being A Judge? (3078 Views)

HE Slept With A Female Lecturer To Get A In A 7unit Course In School, "Judge! / 10 Proven Signs That A Lady Ain't Interested In You. / Pls Don't Judge Me Harshly But I Seem To Be Falling For Married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 04, 2012
Hello everyone. The romance section is gearing up for a series of debates on interesting topics. There is a great need for members with ability to give unbiased judgement based on the points system. Moderators may sometimes partake in the debates and as a result, their judging the debate may not be consistent. . .

We need members to fill in this need. Indicate your interest and bear in mind also that not everyone that indicates interest would be chosen.

The debates would hold mostly in the evenings, Nigerian time, so pls, time factor should also be given a great consideration. . .

Waiting and hoping.
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 04, 2012
Me!!! Me!!! I want to be a judge!! grin
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by kpozite(m): 8:06am On Oct 04, 2012
I'm interested
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 04, 2012
kpozite: I'm interested
Request denied!!

*If u bribe me though, I could help*
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by freecocoa(f): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2012
Tsk tsk.
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Mynd44: 8:23am On Oct 04, 2012
Watching
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by ijebabe: 8:25am On Oct 04, 2012
Put me down, I am capable of being unbiased! cheesy
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by CrazyMan(m): 8:33am On Oct 04, 2012
I'm in cool
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by jaybee3(m): 8:36am On Oct 04, 2012
Something tells me it's far better to invite members perceived to have mature demeanor, great in judging characters and above all oozes class rather than inviting them to openly declare intentions on a thread that will most certainly degenerate into another chitty chatty one just like most of 'em.

2 Likes

Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 04, 2012
Sexkillz and Jaybee are on automatic slots already, so we'll need about 8 to 10 volunteers. This is necessary in case there would be emergencies, not that 12 people will be judging one debate. No be war abeg. grin
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 04, 2012
jay bee: Something tells me it's far better to invite members perceived to have mature demeanor, great in judging characters and above all oozes class rather than inviting them to openly declare intentions on a thread that will most certainly degenerate into another chitty chatty one just like most of 'em.
Believe me, i tried that. Sent some requests and got no responses. I am hoping that members with mature demeanour and judging abilities would indicate, and we can choose from here. We obviously cannot choose all, only those that meet the standards. smiley
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by omotola1(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2012
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 04, 2012
sexkillz: Believe me, i tried that. Sent some requests and got no responses. I am hoping that members with mature demeanour and judging abilities would indicate, and we can choose from here. We obviously cannot choose all, only those that meet the standards. smiley
I didn't get any PM from you!!! shocked shocked shocked

Really??!! So, u don't consider me....... cry cry
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by greedie1(f): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2012
I'm interested...
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 04, 2012
jay bee: Something tells me it's far better to invite members perceived to have mature demeanor, great in judging characters and above all oozes class rather than inviting them to openly declare intentions on a thread that will most certainly degenerate into another chitty chatty one just like most of 'em.
I'm exactly what u're looking for cheesy

Can I take your place?? wink cheesy
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by jaybee3(m): 9:03am On Oct 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
I'm exactly what u're looking for cheesy

Can I take your place?? wink cheesy
Do you mind stating the qualities you plan to bring on board?
I'm all for having a smooth running event where all participating members will be engaged as well as judged solely on there respective deliveries irrespective of prior affiliations we may or may not have with them
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
I didn't get any PM from you!!! shocked shocked shocked

Really??!! So, u don't consider me....... cry cry
To be honest with you, i did consider you. Glad you showed up here first anyway. smiley

now, answer jaybee's question.

We need judges that would give points based on delivery and not on personal convictions. . .

Ever wondered why criminal lawyers win cases? grin
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 04, 2012
jay bee:
Do you mind stating the qualities you plan to bring on board?
I'm all for having a smooth running event where all participating members will be engaged as well as judged solely on there respective deliveries irrespective of prior affiliations we may or may not have with them
Dude check my resume, lol

I've been a judge on here before and I did a very good job.(Mr. Nairaland competition as at July 2012)
I analysed the candidates well and made the competition tougher and fair. I tried minimizing cheating by quoting multiple handles on the viewing tab(Though it did not work).
And for those that were pissed off that their handles were not nominated, I appeased them by praising their looks and reaching a common ground with them. Thereby making sure they voted for my candidate. grin
OH! I'm a darn good campaign manager too smiley

I'm not biased at all and I believe in team work. If you asked my fellow judges on that thread, I worked peacefully with them smiley (Ogugua88, Kandiikane, Ileke-IdI)
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 04, 2012
sexkillz: To be honest with you, i did consider you.
LIAR!! angry
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by jaybee3(m): 9:55am On Oct 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
Dude check my resume, lol

I've been a judge on here before and I did a very good job.(Mr. Nairaland competition as at July 2012)

Wasn't it the competition that was marred with massive vote rigging where users had multiple handles to prop up preferred or in some cases own candidates?

I do acknowledge though that judging any debate or competition is without it's own challenges but this is going to be one on one sort of competiton where-by the judge's decision may have to be magnified should in case any participant asks for feedback or in most cases disagree on why the other candidate was perceived to be better than them

Shollypopz:
I analysed the candidates well and made the competition tougher and fair. I tried minimizing cheating by quoting multiple handles on the viewing tab(Though it did not work).
And for those that were pissed off that their handles were not nominated, I appeased them by praising their looks and reaching a common ground with them. Thereby making sure they voted for my candidate.
OH! I'm a darn good campaign manager too

This is going to be a slightly different format whereby each individual judge's judgement will be solely based on published/agreed criterion and scores aggregated to arrive at the magic number to decide who proceeds to subsequent rounds.

Shollypopz:
I'm not biased at all and I believe in team work. If you asked my fellow judges on that thread, I worked peacefully with them (Ogugua88, Kandiikane, Ileke-IdI)

OK scratch all my rants. Just thought i'd play with you a lil. I admire you drive/will so yeah IMO you had be a good judge
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 04, 2012
jay bee:
OK scratch all my rants. Just thought i'd play with you a lil. I admire you drive/will so yeah IMO you had be a good judge
I'm joking too....
I know for sure I would be a judge. If I'm not, then no other person is qualified. In fact I'm over qualified sef, y'all should be happy I'm bored smiley

*I'll pretend now that ur opinion counts* tongue
OH Really??!! Thank you!! WOW, I promise not to disappoint! cheesy
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Mynd44: 10:04am On Oct 04, 2012
What's the contest? Sorry but I have not been around much
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 04, 2012
i disagree with this method of finding judges.

There are really so many unbiased and matured minds around,at least i know like 10 and only from their posts and comments. Kindly invite them over, by PM!

Don't put toddlers, teenagers, PDP and AC members as judges for the debate please,
Thank you!
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by 190: 10:07am On Oct 04, 2012
I wanna be Judge Judy angry
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 04, 2012
sexkillz: Believe me, i tried that. Sent some requests and got no responses. I am hoping that members with mature demeanour and judging abilities would indicate, and we can choose from here. We obviously cannot choose all, only those that meet the standards. smiley

seriously just publish their names openly on Nairaland and ask them to state availability openly or decline openly.
when they have indicated interest or not,you can choose from them and then you can begin to contact them via PM or whatever.

In front page, it would get quicker attention.

Just saying undecided
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 04, 2012
I don't wanna be buh can I nominate someone?
Re: Interested In Being A Judge? by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 04, 2012
@sexkillz

Do the judges have to work independently or as a team?

(1) (2) (3) (4)

. / Different Types Of Banks (girls) In Nigeria / Guys With Bad Intention Too Quick To Profess Love Within Days Of Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.