Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe (4867 Views)

Funeral Service: Casket HID Awolowo Was Laid In (Photos) / I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2012
Almost 30 years before Rwanda,
before Darfur, more than 2 million
people – mothers, children, babies,
civilians – lost their lives as a result
of the blatantly callous and
unnecessary policies enacted by the
leaders of the federal government
of Nigeria.
As a writer I believe that it is
fundamentally important, indeed
essential to our humanity, to ask the
hard questions, in order to better
understand ourselves and our
neighbours. Where there is
justification for further
investigation, justice should be
served.
In the case of the Nigeria-Biafra war
there is precious little relevant
literature that helps answer these
questions. Did the federal
government of Nigeria engage in
the genocide of its Igbo citizens –
who set up the republic of Biafra in
1967 – through punitive policies, the
most notorious being "starvation as
a legitimate weapon of war" ? Is the
information blockade around the
war a case of calculated historical
suppression? Why has the war not
been discussed, or taught to the
young, more than 40 years after its
end? Are we perpetually doomed to
repeat the errors of the past
because we are too stubborn to
learn from them?
The Oxford English Dictionary
defines genocide as "the deliberate
and systematic extermination of an
ethnic or national group ...". The UN
general assembly defined it in 1946
as "... a denial of the right of
existence of entire human groups".
Throughout the conflict the Biafrans
consistently charged that the
Nigerians had a design to
exterminate the Igbo people from
the face of the earth. This
calculation, the Biafrans insisted,
was predicated on a holy jihad
proclaimed by mainly Islamic
extremists in the Nigerian army and
supported by the policies of
economic blockade that prevented
shipments of humanitarian aid, food
and supplies to the needy in Biafra.
Supporters of the federal
government position maintain that
a war was being waged and the
premise of all wars is for one side to
emerge as the victor. Overly
ambitious actors may have "taken
actions unbecoming of international
conventions of human rights, but
these things happen everywhere".
This same group often cites findings,
from organisations (sanctioned by
the federal government) that sent
observers during the crisis, that
there "was no clear intent on behalf
of the Nigerian troops to wipe out
the Igbo people ... pointing out that
over 30,000 Igbos still lived in Lagos,
and half a million in the mid-west".
But if the diabolical disregard for
human life seen during the war was
not due to the northern military
elite's jihadist or genocidal
obsession, then why were there
more small arms used on Biafran
soil than during the entire second
world war? Why were there 100,000
casualties on the much larger
Nigerian side compared with more
than 2 million – mainly children –
Biafrans killed?
It is important to point out that most
Nigerians were against the war and
abhorred the senseless violence that
ensued. The wartime cabinet of
General Gowon , the military ruler, it
should also be remembered, was
full of intellectuals like Chief
Obafemi Awolowo among others
who came up with a boatload of
infamous and regrettable policies. A
statement credited to Awolowo and
echoed by his cohorts is the most
callous and unfortunate: all is fair in
war, and starvation is one of the
weapons of war. I don't see why we
should feed our enemies fat in
order for them to fight harder.
It is my impression that Awolowo
was driven by an overriding
ambition for power, for himself and
for his Yoruba people. There is, on
the surface at least, nothing wrong
with those aspirations. However,
Awolowo saw the dominant Igbos at
the time as the obstacles to that
goal, and when the opportunity
arose – the Nigeria-Biafra war – his
ambition drove him into a frenzy to
go to every length to achieve his
dreams.
In the Biafran case it meant
hatching up a diabolical policy to
reduce the numbers of his enemies
significantly through starvation —
eliminating over two million people,
mainly members of future
generations.
The federal government's actions
soon after the war could be seen not
as conciliatory but as outright
hostile. After the conflict ended, the
same hardliners in the Nigerian
government cast Igbos in the role of
treasonable felons and wreckers of
the nation – and got the regime to
adopt a banking policy that nullified
any bank account operated during
the war by the Biafrans. A flat sum
of 20 Nigerian pounds was approved
for each Igbo depositor, regardless
of the amount of deposit. If there
was ever a measure put in place to
stunt, or even obliterate, the
economy of a people, this was it.
After that outrageous charade,
Nigeria's leaders sought to devastate
the resilient and emerging eastern
commercial sector even further by
banning the import of secondhand
clothing and stockfish – two trade
items that they knew the
burgeoning market towns of
Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi needed to
re-emerge. Their fear was that
these communities, fully
reconstituted, would then serve as
the economic engines for the
reconstruction of the entire Eastern
Region.
There are many international
observers who believe that Gowon's
actions after the war were
magnanimous and laudable. There
are tons of treatises that talk about
how the Igbo were wonderfully
integrated into Nigeria. Well, I have
news for them: The Igbos were not
and continue not to be reintegrated
into Nigeria, one of the main
reasons for the country's continued
backwardness.

Borrowing from the Marshall plan
for Europe after the second world
war, the federal government
launched an elaborate scheme
highlighted by three Rs – for
reconstruction, rehabilitation, and
reconciliation. The only difference
is that, while the Americans actually
carried out all three prongs of the
strategy, Nigeria's federal
government did not.
What has consistently escaped most
Nigerians in this entire travesty is
the fact that mediocrity destroys the
very fabric of a country as surely as
a war – ushering in all sorts of
banality, ineptitude, corruption and
debauchery. Nations enshrine
mediocrity as their modus operandi,
and create the fertile ground for the
rise of tyrants and other base
elements of the society, by silently
assenting to the dismantling of
systems of excellence because they
do not immediately benefit one
specific ethnic, racial, political, or
special-interest group. That, in my
humble opinion, is precisely where
Nigeria finds itself today.
http://guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/02/biafran-war-nigeria-mediocrity-persecution-igbo?cat=commentisfree&type=article

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2012
And this is why people, that low life s.c.um of the life rotting in the grave deserves no iota of respect.That explains why he died of self inflicted rat poison.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
This book is a must have and read for any igbo person. Y'all need to shine your eyes.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by aare07(m): 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2012
Including Tinubu and South- West integration of all the 7 state on the platform of ACN
Insha Allah , Mimiko Will win The election- it will make it difficult to integrate Yoruba Nation..........
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by rhymz(m): 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
I realy will love to read this book or possibly get the PDF when it becomes available.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by DuduNegro: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
Im looking at the title to this topic and asking myself, is it wrong to love oneself......and if he was Yoruba leader why should he not love his people?

This book may explain the bottom reason why Igbo leaders declare political loyalty to non-igbos and it would likewise throw light into understanding why igbos genrally put the love of other lands above their own alaigbo.........loving oneself and loving one's people and land is a foreign and strange concept to them.

Who could reveal this better than Chinua........yes, please let me know when its available free in googlebooks.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by rhymz(m): 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Im looking at the title to this topic and asking myself, is it wrong to love oneself......and if he was Yoruba leader why should he not love his people?

This book may explain the bottom reason why Igbo leaders declare political loyalty to non-igbos and it would likewise throw light into understanding why igbos genrally put the love of other lands above their own alaigbo.........loving oneself and loving one's people and land is a foreign and strange concept to them.

Who could reveal this better than Chinua........yes, please let me know when its available free in googlebooks.
it appears you are itching for some ignorant Igbo vs Yoruba internet cat fight with your inciting BS.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
^
dumb f/u.ck. you clearly didnt read or understand the entire article. You clearly didnt see where he stated that there is nothing wrong with loving oneself but being animaliatic about it, to achieve futile personal ambition is the problem

well if you live like an animal, you die like an animal. in this case rat poison helped him out.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by DuduNegro: 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^
dumb f/u.ck. you clearly didnt read or understand the entire article. You clearly didnt see where he stated that there is nothing wrong with loving oneself but being animaliatic about it, to achieve futile personal ambition is the problem

well if you live like an animal, you die like an animal. in this case rat poison helped him out.

....nobody personified those fatalistic traits better than Odumegwu Ojukwu, who at the end succumbed to the ravages of aids.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by DuduNegro: 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2012
rhymz: it appears you are itching for some ignorant Igbo vs Yoruba internet cat fight with your inciting BS.

We Yorubas love ourselves and our land and our leaders love us.....thats a fact!

If you put a post here challenging that fact then its because you want a response. So why is my response ruffling you?
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by Ikengawo: 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
your leaders love themselves and their followers a blind to it. That's what achebe is tell you and you don't want to hear it because of ethnic sentiment. Achebe has spent more time with your leaders than you have. If anyone will know it's the professor, not you.
Which yoruba leader are you speaking of that loves their people?

Obasanjo?
Tinubu?
Abiola?
Fayemi?
and now Awolowo who was only using 'yoruba' as a platform or political advancement.

and it's funny that yoruba people that are actual leaders of the people have ALWAYS been the direct enemy of these people and thus not considered leaders by yoruba people.

Wole Soyinka
Fela Kuti

I couldn't compile a list of 'igbo leaders' that have cannibalized on their own people to the extent that I can for the yoruba people. You can't keep propping up opportunists for the sake of saving your ethnicity has a 'leader'. Where did Awolowo lead you? second class citizenship in a Hausa-Fulani political monopoly?
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by Jisunpack: 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
How do you expect them to understand loving your people, when they can quietly take their parents to shrine for money rituals?

How do expect them to understand when they only worship money? A region where brothers don't trust each other , sisters sees each other as enemies?

Dudu_Negro: Im looking at the title to this topic and asking myself, is it wrong to love oneself......and if he was Yoruba leader why should he not love his people?

Is anything wrong with one loving his people? only the easterners will think otherwise, since every value on that side must have monetary inducement and greed supersedes brotherhood. No amount of revisions can take away the fact that the legendary awo was a great man.

Let those that sees nothing wrong with kidnapping their brothers complain.

God bless Awowolo Obafemi.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by DuduNegro: 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: How do you expect them to understand loving your people, when they can quietly take their parents to shrine for money rituals?

How do expect them to understand when they only worship money? A region where brothers don't trust each other , sisters sees each other as enemies?

Is anything wrong with one loving his people? only the easterners will think otherwise, since every value on that side must have monetary inducement grin and greed supersedes brotherhood. No amount of revisions can take away the fact that the legendary awo was a great man.

Let those that sees nothing wrong with kidnapping their brothers complain.

God bless Awowolo Obafemi.

Yes, GOD Bless AWO..... Chinua should love his peole like Awo did and write a book instructing them against self-hatred and kidnapping.

Face East Chinua!
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by Ikengawo: 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
Well, keep propping up Tinubu as if he isn't getting rich off your suffering. Continue propping up Obasanjo, or acting as if Awolowo did anything for Yoruba people. Chinua Achebe has impacted the world over. His writings are standard and required reading in american highschools and universities as well as ones in europe and Japan. He has made the history of the Igbo the voice piece for africa in the world and will go down in history as someone who impacted the enrichment of humanity. To compare him to Awolowo? wow. It's like yoruba leader OLoseuh Obasanjo saids, I dey laugh o.

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by DuduNegro: 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
For your Chinua's literary fame we have Soyinka whose literature and plays have been accepted and admitted as parallels with Greek mythical plays. So when you talk about global reconition I want you to reflect on the impact that Soyinka has around the globe.

It will be insulting to Awo to compare Chinua to him.....Chinua is politically irrelevant in the Nigerian polity. He may be king in yiur land.

Tribal markig is a pride for us and a custom we co share with all African tribes who are proud of their customs. If you look into your own customs you will realuze that ibos used tribal marks to identify between clans. The pictures and recorda are online in case you are not that knowledgable enough about your own culture.

Using pictures of blood and children to shock the conscience is a new phenomenal of media reporting and is very effective in subjecting conscuence and winning supoort ti your side.......very effective in winning hearts and minds. I want to remind you that those children in these your pictures went through far more blood and shock as they passed through the birth canal to join us in this world. The females ones among them are giig ti have their own children in future and will still witness and endure a far more blood and pain during childbirth. The males will defend their land and cause and will fight battles and wars in which they will kill or be killed.....it will be far bloodier than anything you are presenting here. So use a different imagery to gt the support you desire, theae ones are not efective.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 8:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
I guess these people they call 'natural pigs' want me to risk a ban on this thread.

This dumbo is talking about Achebe not being relevant to Nigerian polity. The same person that severally refused national honours.
who is awolowo in nigeria, who knows him. he died infamously and does not have a legacy or respect whatsoever anywhere in nigeria apart from amongst stone age yorrober people. If awo had another chance, he would still commit suicide.

And oh we see how your leaders love you... lmao.

we see how your leaders went to aso rock to betray abiola for some 'parcels'

we see how Tinubu loves you

we saw how much obasanjo loved you in his 8 years presidency.

we see all that
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by PeterKbaba: 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
Dudu_Negro: For your Chinua's literary fame we have Soyinka whose literature and plays have been accepted and admitted as parallels with Greek mythical plays. So when you talk about global reconition I want you to reflect on the impact that Soyinka has around the globe.

It will be insulting to Awo to compare Chinua to him.....Chinua is politically irrelevant in the Nigerian polity. He may be king in yiur land.

Tribal markig is a pride for us and a custom we co share with all African tribes who are proud of their customs. If you look into your own customs you will realuze that ibos used tribal marks to identify between clans. The pictures and recorda are online in case you are not that knowledgable enough about your own culture.

Using pictures of blood and children to shock the conscience is a new phenomenal of media reporting and is very effective in subjecting conscuence and winning supoort ti your side.......very effective in winning hearts and minds. I want to remind you that those children in these your pictures went through far more blood and shock as they passed through the birth canal to join us in this world. The females ones among them are giig ti have their own children in future and will still witness and endure a far more blood and pain during childbirth. The males will defend their land and cause and will fight battles and wars in which they will kill or be killed.....it will be far bloodier than anything you are presenting here. So use a different imagery to gt the support you desire, theae ones are not efective.

You read my thoughts
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2012
Achebe only collaborated Femi Fani Kayode in stating the obvious. I want to be president awolowo sheepishly and selfishly wanted to weaken igbos in order to be president and was played by a much younger gowon. the reason he committef suicide like judas. Why stone aged people worship him at the expense of great people like soyinka explains why they are still in the stone age.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by PeterKbaba: 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I guess these people they call 'natural pigs' want me to risk a ban on this thread.

This dumbo is talking about Achebe not being relevant to Nigerian polity. The same person that severally refused national honours.
who is awolowo in nigeria, who knows him. he died infamously and does not have a legacy or respect whatsoever anywhere in nigeria apart from amongst stone age yorrober people. If awo had another chance, he would still commit suicide.

And oh we see how your leaders love you... lmao.

we see how your leaders went to aso rock to betray abiola for some 'parcels'

we see how Tinubu loves you

we saw how much obasanjo loved you in his 8 years presidency.

we see all that

When was the last time your achebu guy stepped foot in the south east, just a questions..... cause Awo died fighting for his people in nigeria and not writing love letters or novels in another man's land to make money, wole soyinka ( a noble price winner ) is also with his people in Lagos, protesting the government for a better Nigeria. So I really dont get why you achebu guy is afriad of the south east.... I cant blame him tho, IF ACHEBE TRY ENTER SOUTH EAST, NA HIM BROTHERS GO STILL PLAN WITH PEOPLE TO KIDNAP AM... CURSED PEOPLE.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

....nobody personified those fatalistic traits better than Odumegwu Ojukwu, who at the end succumbed to the ravages of aids.
well, you need that to stay happy, but its on record that awo died of cowardly taking the rat poison way. I await your source...... or maybe he died the way aids patients in your family and village died. you never know.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
PeterKbaba:

When was the last time your achebu guy stepped foot in the south east, just a questions..... cause Awo died fighting for his people in nigeria and not writing love letters or novels in another man's land to make money, wole soyinka ( a noble price winner ) is also with his people in Lagos, protesting the government for a better Nigeria. So I really dont get why you achebu guy is afriad of the south east.... I cant blame him tho, IF ACHEBE TRY ENTER SOUTH EAST, NA HIM BROTHERS GO STILL PLAN WITH PEOPLE TO KIDNAP AM... CURSED PEOPLE.
o
If I was achebe, I wont step into a cursed Nigeria too. Lets have Biafra and see if achebe will not touch down next day. And oh, you think war must be involved this 2nd time? its not fuel subsidy protest.

AND MAY I KNOW WHAT AWO KILLED HIMSELF FIGHTING FOR AND THE RESULTS.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
hidden
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by T9ksy(m): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2012
PeterKbaba:

When was the last time your achebu guy stepped foot in the south east, just a questions..... cause Awo died fighting for his people in nigeria and not writing love letters or novels in another man's land to make money, wole soyinka ( a noble price winner ) is also with his people in Lagos, protesting the government for a better Nigeria. So I really dont get why you achebu guy is afriad of the south east.... I cant blame him tho, [b]IF ACHEBE TRY ENTER SOUTH EAST, NA HIM BROTHERS GO STILL PLAN WITH PEOPLE TO KIDNAP AM
... CURSED PEOPLE.[/b]

Abi ojare!!! Imagine how much ransom they will levy on the senile old man.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by PeterKbaba: 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mr. Globe:
o
If I was achebe, I wont step into a cursed Nigeria too. Lets have Biafra and see if achebe will not touch down next day. And oh, you think war must be involved this 2nd time? its not fuel subsidy protest.

AND MAY I KNOW WHAT AWO KILLED HIMSELF FIGHTING FOR AND THE RESULTS.

and you think the south west are afraid of a breakup of nigeria... south west is the back bone of nigeria, peaceful, entertaining, vibrant economically, best structures, the majority of the most productive nigerians home and abroad reside / wants to reside in lagos. We also have crude oil all over South West ( Lagos State / Ondo State / Ogun State /Edo State ) and soon Ekiti State ... So what exactly are you talking about, una too dey jealous person sef aba
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
PeterKbaba:

and you think the south west are afraid of a breakup of nigeria... south west is the back bone of nigeria, peaceful, entertaining, vibrant economically, best structures, the majority of the most productive nigerians home and abroad reside / wants to reside in lagos. We also have crude oil all over South West ( Lagos State / Ondo State / Ogun State /Edo State ) and soon Ekiti State ... So what exactly are you talking about, una too dey jealous person sef aba
lmaooo... I neva knew i was replying an adult with teenage mindset.
South West is the parasite of Nigeria. You have nothing, you contribute nada to the center... you feed on free meal, thats why you love Nigeria with your lives.

Oh I see their is oil all over south west, wait until the breakup happens and the pipelines are cut off then we can fully know how much you people love palm oil to substitute it for the one you have now.

to answer your question, soith west would wish for anything but a disintegrated nigeria
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
PeterKbaba:

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by PeterKbaba: 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lmaooo... I neva knew i was replying an adult with teenage mindset.
South West is the parasite of Nigeria. You have nothing, you contribute nada to the center... you feed on free meal, thats why you love Nigeria with your lives.

Oh I see their is oil all over south west, wait until the breakup happens and the pipelines are cut off then we can fully know how much you people love palm oil to substitute it for the one you have now.

to answer your question, soith west would wish for anything but a disintegrated nigeria

now i know you have an empty skull ..... which region rules this country... lol fuul
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by T9ksy(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mr. Globe:

well, you need that to stay happy, but its on record that awo died of cowardly taking the rat poison way. I await your source...... or maybe he died the way aids patients in your family and village died. you never know.

And where is your proof that Awo commited suicide?
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by Jisunpack: 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
Just stop wasting your time on that dolt, else you stand the chance of contacting an acute communicable daftness.

Was Ojukwu high on cheap grass to drag his people into a war with zero chances of winning? How could any sane person go into war with his bare hands armed with inspiration from his pure stupidity?

Heck, when it was time to show bravery, he cross-dress like aba market woman and bolted to Abidjan , married a new wife and enjoyed his life, after foolishly leading 3 million of his brethren to their early graves. We saw Gaddafi dying side by side with his people, even after several countries offered his asylum.

Someone should have reminded the senile old reetard that America deployed nukes and are still ready to do that again and again to protect the lives of Americans. Awo the great!

PeterKbaba:

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by DuduNegro: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mr Globe is your typical ibo man.....a slave to his ego, he suffers from Arrested Development (AD).

He underestimates and dismisses the capabilities in his opponents. When floored by the opponents, the inner child comes out whining....throwing tantrums and vulgar offensive words to cut down opponents......blaming them for his actions and failures.

The Hausas believe Yorubas have become surrogate parents to Igbos. It is hard to deny that considering they flee to our land when they are flushed out of Hausaland and we embrace and endure their whines patiently.

What mouth does Achebe have to speak about another region when he cannot return to his own soil?
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe by vanbonattel: 11:11pm On Oct 04, 2012
Chinua Achebe is a god to the yoruba race. Everything he says should be taken as their gospel.

(1) (2)

b / 'I Will Dedicate My Life To Jihad'---- Boston Marathon Bomber / Asari Dokubo Visits Adams Oshiomhole, Congratulates Him (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.