Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm (13280 Views)

Obanikoro's Son, Babajide Marries Girlfriend Secretly (Photos) / JUST IN: Buhari Declared The Winner In Benue / Edo State Local Government Election Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by Solemntee: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
The Lagos State Local Government Election Tribunal sitting in Ikeja has declared Babajide Obanikoro, son of Nigeria’s High Commissioner to Ghana, Mr Musiliu Obanikoro, as the winner of the Ikoyi Obalende Local Council Development Area election conducted in October last year.

Babajide Obanikoro had challenged the result of the council polls declared in favour of Adewala Adeniji of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) by LASIEC, claiming that the result was manipulated against him.

In its judgment today, the five-man Tribunal headed by retired Justice Dolapo Akinsanya, held that from evidence before it, Babajide Obanikoro of the Peoples’s Democratic Party (PDP) won the election by 6,780 votes as against 6,248 polled by ACN.

Although the tribunal voided some results of some polling units and wards due to irregularities, it computed the result of other units and ward and declared PDP as winner of the election.

The tribunal consequently ordered that Babajide Obanikoro be declared as winner and sworn in as the council chairman of Ikoyi-Obalende LCDA.

Some ACN supporters who were in court this afternoon when the judgment was delivered were visibly shocked.

Babajide Obanikoro was not in court when the judgment was delivered but hundreds of his supporters jubilated after the verdict was delivered.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/tribunal-declares-obanikoro%E2%80%99s-son-local-government-election-winner-lagos-pm-news-lagos

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
Although the tribunal voided some results of some polling units and wards due to irregularities, it computed the result of other units and ward and declared PDP as winner of the election.

This is the key point of their ruling! If this tribunal had not voided the voting records would Obanikoro have taken lead over Adeniji?

Does a tribunal headed by a retired citizen have the statutory power and authority to manipulate voting records? It seems this tribunal has assumed responsibilities and power reserved for INEC.

PDP is asking for trouble.......

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by Olalekan0(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

This is the key point of their ruling! If this tribunal had not voided the voting records would Obanikoro have taken lead over Adeniji?

Does a tribunal headed by a retired citizen have the statutory power and authority to manipulate voting records? It seems this tribunal has assumed responsibilities and power reserved for INEC.

Your username "DUDU NEGRO" already depicts the color of your brain. The tribunal do not have the power to void votes in this case but the justice-Clara Ogunbiyi led jury in Osun and Ekiti had the power to void votes there! You're a fool

26 Likes

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
Olalekan 0: Your username "DUDU NEGRO" already depicts the color of your brain. The tribunal do not have the power to void votes in this case but the justice-Clara Ogunbiyi led jury in Osun and Ekiti had the power to void votes there! You're a fool

Stop the vulgar name calling and use your senses. Im responding to an article in a post. If you want my view on the case in Osun and Ekiti then open a new post to discuss that.

To this particular discussion, you will agree that this tribunal overstepped boundary. Would you not?

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by Olalekan0(m): 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2012
If the tribunal overstepped it bounds here in Lagos,then what did Clara and Justice Salami do in Osun and Ekiti? Jide 's hugely popular in his constituency and there was no way his opponent could have polled anything near the figures credited to him if the elections were free and fair. Must the ACN win at all times? Pls use your black brains for once!

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by corexe: 9:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

you are simply cracy. thats just the best way to describe you. bitch.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
There's an election going on?
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2012
Olalekan 0: If the tribunal overstepped it bounds here in Lagos,then what did Clara and Justice Salami do in Osun and Ekiti? Jide 's hugely popular in his constituency and there was no way his opponent could have polled anything near the figures credited to him if the elections were free and fair. Must the ACN win at all times? Pls use your black brains for once!

.....you are still responding with emotions. We will talk about balance and as i stated i will participate to discuss with you on the specifics in Osun and Ekiti but please open a thread for that.

I now go back to the specifics here on topic.....would you deny that this Lagos tribunal had wrongly and unauthoritatively assumed duties and roles statutorily reserved for INEC?
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by PointB: 12:37am On Oct 05, 2012
Congrats Babajide Obanikoro.

PDP is slowing creeping back to power as savvy Lagosians dissect and reject the draconian, and thieving ACN led by the drug baron Tinubu.

10 Likes

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by eherbal(m): 2:22am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Stop the vulgar name calling and use your senses. Im responding to an article in a post. If you want my view on the case in Osun and Ekiti then open a new post to discuss that.

To this particular discussion, you will agree that this tribunal overstepped boundary. Would you not?
you can challenge the ruling in court,eediot!dis is the beginning of the end for acn in lagos.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 2:42am On Oct 05, 2012
e-herbal:
you can challenge the ruling in court,eediot!dis is the beginning of the end for acn in lagos.

This is why i advocate the division of Nigeeia. Retards that lack understanding of the social process of orderliness.....ba s tards born into chaotic societies....dimwits robbed of the fortune of enlightenement......dumdums ignorant of the difference between a tribunal and an electoral agency.........zombies incapable of understanding the powers of a statutory authority.........and these fuuls want to share their views of support for a law breaking tribunal while at same time begging for end of corruption.

How do you end corruptiin at high level when you cheer for it at local level?

The keypoint of the discussiin has not changed...... Did this tribunal not ignore its confines when it reached far into the powers of INEC to discard electoral results contauning voting records?
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by iykak47: 3:11am On Oct 05, 2012
I never knew 'saint' ACN could rig an election. Money, power and thugs could not prevent Bola Tinubu from been humiliated in his own constituency by PDP, a leader of a party who lost in his constituency is not fit and has no moral right to tell Nigerians who should be the next president. What a shame. gringrintonguetongue,
I can't wait to hear from ACN spokesman Lie Muhammed.
Justice Dolapo Akinsanya well done, you have shown Ayo Salami life is not all about bribe.

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by bashr8: 3:28am On Oct 05, 2012
hmm this predicts doom for ACN and with all the news drama surrounding fashola its not good for ACN at all .if ACN looses lagos the party is finished .
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by PointB: 3:29am On Oct 05, 2012
iykak47: I never knew 'saint' ACN could rig an election. Money, power and thugs could not prevent Bola Tinubu from been humiliated in his own constituency by PDP, a leader of a party who lost in his constituency is not fit and has no moral right to tell Nigerians who should be the next president. What a shame. gringrintonguetongue,
Justice Dolapo Akinsanya well done, you have shown Ayo Salami life is not all about bribe.

Guy u badt gan!! grin grin grin
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 3:36am On Oct 05, 2012
Until Obanikoro is in office....how is it a win for PDP?

.......again a demonstration of unelightenrment in the political process. The rulig of the tribunal is not a cut and dry victory.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 3:37am On Oct 05, 2012
ACN is still sitting in that constituent and it shall remain so......tribunal verdict or not.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by Johndoe100(m): 3:48am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

This is why i advocate the division of Nigeeia. Retards that lack understanding of the social process of orderliness.....ba s tards born into chaotic societies....dimwits robbed of the fortune of enlightenement......dumdums ignorant of the difference between a tribunal and an electoral agency.........zombies incapable of understanding the powers of a statutory authority.........and these fuuls want to share their views of support for a law breaking tribunal while at same time begging for end of corruption.

How do you end corruptiin at high level when you cheer for it at local level?

The keypoint of the discussiin has not changed...... Did this tribunal not ignore its confines when it reached far into the powers of INEC to discard electoral results contauning voting records?

All this because they could not rig local government election. What will they do when they lose a state? Start killing youth corpers?
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by bashydemy(m): 4:00am On Oct 05, 2012
iykak47: I never knew 'saint' ACN could rig an election. Money, power and thugs could not prevent Bola Tinubu from been humiliated in his own constituency by PDP, a leader of a party who lost in his constituency is not fit and has no moral right to tell Nigerians who should be the next president. What a shame. gringrintonguetongue,
Eediot what did you say about Obasanjo that loose in his own Polling unit in front of his house.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by k2039: 4:19am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

[size=13pt]Dudu_Negro do you actually think bfore you comment,Oni was declared the winner of the rerun election by the Independent National Electoral Commission only for one stupid Justice Sala*mi or whats the fools name to cancel the election and declare that stupi*d Fayem*i governor.We all know Salami is a member of ACN.So when Salami was manipulating voting records the tribunals didnt take responsibility and power reserved to inec.

Anyway I'm not suprised because I'm sure you are one of Tinubu's dog just like Salami

mtcheew
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by k2039: 4:21am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro: ACN is still sitting in that constituent and it shall remain so......tribunal verdict or not.

[size=18pt]YOU ARE COMLPLETELY AND FULLY RETAR*DED
[/size]
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by Alxmyr(m): 4:36am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro: ACN is still sitting in that constituent and it shall remain so......tribunal verdict or not.

A call to anarchy.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 4:40am On Oct 05, 2012
When you all are ready to talk on the substance of the tribunal's ruling holler at me........till then, UP ACN......we shall eliminate pdp foothold in Yorubaland. They should go rule in Alaigbo.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by onatisi(m): 4:54am On Oct 05, 2012
OLE ,AJIBOLE ,OLEEEEEEEE.Just read what you just wrote ,isnt that OUTSTANDING FOOLISHNESS.i have never liked ur party becos it is full of criminals playing on the intelligence of the mjority of nigerians yearing for better governance but the simple truth is that ACN IS WORSE THAN PDP.at least whenever pdp loses in court or tribunal they always take it in good faith,i know u are echoing what has already been said in ur party meetings and caucuses but thank god u are up against a formidable opponent .like someone said THIS IS THE BEGINING OF THE END OF ACN IN LAGOS.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by onatisi(m): 4:58am On Oct 05, 2012
Alxmyr:

A call to anarchy.
u dey mind that ediot?many ppl dont know how to talk on public forums at all.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by lagcity(m): 5:02am On Oct 05, 2012
bashr8: hmm this predicts doom for ACN and with all the news drama surrounding fashola its not good for ACN at all .if ACN looses lagos the party is finished .

Full of hate and envy because your useless party in the East can't achieve quarter of what ACN has achieved? This is the heart of every Igbo man whose Lazy chicken AGIPA party can't compete in the EAST. Sorry hater, you can wish ill till kingdom come, u will always remain miserable as ACN gets stronger.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 05, 2012
Hear this one! Are you a Gadaffi now ? Why dont you throw in the towel and embrace decision of the Judiciary ?
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by lateef4me(m): 5:04am On Oct 05, 2012
Like PDP complied with the verdict of the tribunal in Ondo and Osun,let hope ACN complies with the decision of this tribunal ......
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by onatisi(m): 5:06am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro: When you all are ready to talk on the substance of the tribunal's ruling holler at me........till then, UP ACN......we shall eliminate pdp foothold in Yorubaland. They should go rule in Alaigbo.
let me ask u a simple question,all the time various tribunals have been voiding results in favour od acn nationwide ,that is ok abi?but now that a tribunal has voided acn votes it is not good becos it is acn ?common sense is not common as fela used to say.fashola dey sleep noe enjoying his life ,tinubu is raking in billions every month you are copming online at 5am to say you will not agree with a tribunal ruling.how much are they paying u sef.capital compound and complete foooooooool
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by bashydemy(m): 5:06am On Oct 05, 2012
COngrat to Obanikoro, But ACN stand in Lagos. since 1999 PDP always win seat in Lagos like Badagry and EPE so not new, but for PDP taking over Lagos is a dream that will never come true. even PDP cannot have any stand in South West anymore

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 05, 2012
bashy_demy: COngrat to Obanikoro, But ACN stand in Lagos. since 1999 PDP always win seat in Lagos like Badagry and EPE so not new, but for PDP taking over Lagos is a dream that will never come true. even PDP cannot have any stand in South West anymore
And your word is binding on who ? Jesus, some people can be myopic. As I am typing this now, Lagos is on wholesale bid for sale by the Lion of Bourdillon and soon, and if this man is not checked, one man will pocket everyone else. This election victory is just a microscopic statement of things to come. Watch out for 'The Fall of the Lion of Bourdillon', its an interesting drama.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by iykak47: 5:12am On Oct 05, 2012
bashy_demy: Eediot what did you say about Obasanjo that loose in his own Polling unit in front of his house.
Stop whining. You are comparing the two, Obj lost in his ward, today where is Obj politically, now Tinubu has lost in his constituency, what does that tell you about ACN and Tinubu political future.

Are you one of the thugs used by ACN to rigged the election? Am sorry for you, look for another work. The days of being in an elective position through the back door is really coming to an end.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by onatisi(m): 5:14am On Oct 05, 2012
lateef4me: Like PDP complied with the verdict of the tribunal in Ondo and Osun,let hope ACN complies with the decision of this tribunal ......
acn will delay justice ,cant u read what that dumb acn guy just wrote ,acn is a party worse than pdp and it ill take time for ppl to realise ,i have always told ppl all these politicians are the same there is no difference.they are all theives and and looters,as far as i know there is not one of them that has the interest of nigerians at heart,if tinubu had been a president he would have been worse than obj.they are all the same

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: FG's Subsidy On Fuel Hits N29.68bn In 14 Days / 'El-Rufai: "Being A Governor Is Not Easy, Sometimes I Feel Like Running Away'" / No Election Petition In Adamawa As Bindow Concedes Defeat, Congratulates Fintiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.