Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again (55132 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's / Current Nigerian Soap Operas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by seabiscuit88: 6:35am On Oct 05, 2012
Wao am S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ happy you remember Maria De Losangeles.that Ȋ̝̊̅§ d best ever
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by savanto: 6:36am On Oct 05, 2012
Many of you on NL may not have been born as at that time but nevertheless, i will list just a few.

1. Coc*k Crow At Dawn
2. Samanja
3. The Village Headmaster
4. Back To The Land
5. Pot of Life
6. Zebrudaya (later renamed New Masquerade)
7. Ichoku
8. Take a trip
9. Things Fall Apart
10.Different Strokes
11. Telemovie

if i remember more, i will post.

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by savanto: 6:38am On Oct 05, 2012
Sorry the number one was a typographical error. I actually meant Cock Crow at dawn.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by savanto: 6:39am On Oct 05, 2012
Many of you on NL may not have been born as at that time but nevertheless, i will list just a few.

1. C.o.c.k Crow At Dawn
2. Samanja
3. The Village Headmaster
4. Back To The Land
5. Pot of Life
6. Zebrudaya (later renamed New Masquerade)
7. Ichoku
8. Take a trip
9. Things Fall Apart
10.Different Strokes
11. Telemovie

if i remember more, i will post.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by wablet(m): 6:47am On Oct 05, 2012
“Another life” @ ogtv in the early eighties. Then no generator, used to go to the 3rd street to watch it whenever Nepa takes light
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2012
Here is my list:
1.Superted
2.Voltron
3.9pm NTA news
4.Birdman
5.Feyikogbon
6.Gboromiro
7.National anthem they always read before transmission
8.Sesame street
9.Koto orun
10.Willi willi

2 Likes

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by busoye19: 7:00am On Oct 05, 2012
Irinkerindo on OSRC- By Jimoh Aliu
Teju the bullet on OSRC
Arelu
Asubiaro
Kumo
Omoarayele
Koto orun
Altimate power
Things fall apart on NTA
Checkmate
Tales by Moonlight
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by dramenda(f): 7:02am On Oct 05, 2012
behind the cloud.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by chucky234(m): 7:12am On Oct 05, 2012
Things Fall Apart
New Masquerade
Willi Willi
Checkmate
Jargua
Abija
Tales By Moonlight
Kunta Kunte
Mr. Spencer
Renta Ghost
Family Matters
Prince Of Bel'air
No One But You
Secret of The Sand
Wild Rose
When You are Mine
Catalina And Sebastian
Wild Heart
The Rich Also Cry
All for Love
Cartoons:
The Swan Princess
Darkwin Duck
Biker Mice
All Dogs Go to Heaven
Alice in Wonderland
Voltron
Superted
Turtle Ninjas
Casper the Little ghost
Beauty and the Beast
American Tail
Batman and friends
Spiderman and friends
Too many I can't remember now,I spent my childhood watching TV especial Cartoons,hmmm can't do with them.

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Ariyke: 7:24am On Oct 05, 2012
Passions - bt i didnt watch it to the end
When U are Mine - Nice one
Second Chance - also good
Catalina & Sebestian- fair

Current Ones
Never say Goodbye - i so love it
Daniela - hmm also gud
think I also watched
Bata Wahala
Ti Oluwa Nile
and dis one that Ewejoko featured in av forgotten

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by NEROSKY(m): 7:24am On Oct 05, 2012
~vicky~:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXvrupoEtss
i love this grin
@op yhu av photogenic memory_mukina2 grin
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by eherbal(m): 7:33am On Oct 05, 2012
Koko close,sura the tailor,spacs,the third eye,adio family(jab adu,femi jarret)wings against my soul(laolu akin),no paddy for jungle(NIFATEP 86)split bananas,mystery island,big foot and wild boy,captain cave man,shmoo,bionic woman,ci5,chips,hawaii 5.0,avengers,starsky and hutch,charlies angels,some mothers do have em,good times,love thy neighbour,mixed blessings,samford and sons(RED FOXX)writting these out ,makes me feel very nostalgic

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Psaalmuel(m): 7:36am On Oct 05, 2012
When you are mine,passions,woman of steel.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by igbsam(m): 7:39am On Oct 05, 2012
Cuddlemii: Nice topic!

Aye Toto, Aye Akamora - I started with this. I loved it because it was cultural/traditional. Always looked forward to it after Newsline on Sundays.

Checkmate - Loved this, it was star studded and interesting. All those adverts/commercials associated with the soap opera added spice to it.

Agbara Nla- Yay, loved this too because of the spiritual combats and all. The theme song was fun too..***Agbara toju Agbara lo****

Things Fall Apart - hehehe...Okonkwo!!! I love the theme song..***things fall apart, that the kettle can not hold things fall apart, fall apart fall apart***
I used to call it kettle and not center, lolz

Kunta Kinte - The whole slavery ish was pitiful.

When You Are Mine- I bought the DVD and didn't go to bed that night. This was a very good one! Very creative and interesting.

Maria The Los Angeles- I saw this because of Orquidea Cordoba Escalante and her romance with that man that lost of hand or something.

Secret Of The Sand was not bad. Loved the concept & theme.

Rentaghost, dr who, frank spencer- those British actsgrin grin grin

Halo halo- that ashewo french man that was a player made me like this. Their accents were funny.

Every other one listed by the op, I have seen and enjoyed.

What is the name of the one with Miguel(john tucker must die main actor) or whatever, I refused to see it cos of the hype, my school mates made me loose interest.
Passions you mean ? Where you have Sheridan, Miguel, Chad, Beth, Timmy, The wicked Miss Tabitha and the likes of other as the cast. Used to go crazy for this Soap Opera
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by SIRBANYE(m): 7:39am On Oct 05, 2012
New masquerade was the bomb, the opening song was sensational. I would never forget Clarus, giringori, zebudaya, natty and the rest. Shows like that was what made growing up in the 80s and 90s golden. Not forgetting sunday rendavous with limca and goldspot, then nigerians had sometin to dance about every sunday afternoon after church. Damn I miss those good old days.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by emalekuo(m): 7:40am On Oct 05, 2012
toba: I remember back then, whilst growing up in the days when we had limited television channels to watch, that we had to make do with whats available. I think it was Just NTA 10, NTA 2 channel 5, NTA 7, LTV8 and OGTV all of which were Government owned that used to operate on our airwaves. No DSTV and the only Satellite provider available was ABG.

These stations made us love watching TV with primetime programmes especially with foreign soap operas that took the airwaves. Some of these soaps/Telenovelas are the best ever and one can only reminiscence these soaps. The old folks would remember some, whilst some new folks would remember some of the new ones that have recently been aired .

Some of the soaps will be highlighted below

NO ONE BUT YOU (NTA 10)
THE RICH ALSO CRY
ISURA THE SLAVE GIRL
SECRET OF THE SAND
WILD ROSE Rosa Salvaje
LADY OF THE ROSE
WHEN YOU ARE MINE (CUANDO SEAS MIA)
THE GARDENERS DAUGHTER
CATALINA AND SEBASTIAN
SECOND CHANCE
Camila
SANTA BABRA
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
YOUNG AND RESTLESS
MARIA DE LOS ANGELES
La mujer el de janeiro
and many others. These are the few i can remember for now.

You can share ur experience on the ones you love the most
How about ANOTHER LIFE?
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by ifeegee(f): 7:42am On Oct 05, 2012
Wow,i remembered the silly things we did then all in the name of watching a soap.Generator wasn't really an option then,so once nepa goes off we'll scan the whole town any where that has any thing that looks like light be sure we are headed that direction I.e strangers houses.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by olu4life(m): 7:47am On Oct 05, 2012
What a memory most of u peeps have. I remember few of the scenes like:
Secret of the sand
Masquerade
Things fall apart
Samanja
Agbara nla
Kinta kunte
But i remember these ones wella
Passsion
When you are mine
Second chance etc
But i seriously hate the ones that is aired now. I stopped watchin them after second chance
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by freecocoa(f): 7:50am On Oct 05, 2012
Kai old people dey this NL sha, the ones I watched and miss are.
-Beyond the dreams
-After the storms
-New masquerade
-Jagua
-Fuji house of Commotion
-One big Family
-Area C
-Paradise Park
-Tales by moonlight

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Series22(m): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2012
When it comes 2 soaps, i like Lux & imperial leather.

I have never ever used soap opera, so operah winfinfery dey do soap? I thought she is just a T.V presenter. She is rich o.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Adamo84(m): 7:59am On Oct 05, 2012
toba: I remember back then, whilst growing up in the days when we had limited television channels to watch, that we had to make do with whats available. I think it was Just NTA 10, NTA 2 channel 5, NTA 7, LTV8 and OGTV all of which were Government owned that used to operate on our airwaves. No DSTV and the only Satellite provider available was ABG.

These stations made us love watching TV with primetime programmes especially with foreign soap operas that took the airwaves. Some of these soaps/Telenovelas are the best ever and one can only reminiscence these soaps. The old folks would remember some, whilst some new folks would remember some of the new ones that have recently been aired .

NO ONE BUT YOU (NTA 10)
THE RICH ALSO CRY
ISURA THE SLAVE GIRL
SECRET OF THE SAND
WILD ROSE Rosa Salvaje
LADY OF THE ROSE
THE GARDENERS DAUGHTER
CATALINA AND SEBASTIAN
SECOND CHANCE
Camila
SANTA BABRA
YOUNG AND RESTLESS
MARIA DE LOS ANGELES
La mujer el de janeiro

wink

NO ONE BUT YOU (NTA 10)
THE RICH ALSO CRY
ISURA THE SLAVE GIRL
SECRET OF THE SAND
WILD ROSE Rosa Salvaje
LADY OF THE ROSE
THE GARDENERS DAUGHTER
CATALINA AND SEBASTIAN
SECOND CHANCE
Camila
SANTA BABRA
YOUNG AND RESTLESS
MARIA DE LOS ANGELES
La mujer el de janeiro

Cant believe you left out Passions and Generations.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by modath(f): 8:01am On Oct 05, 2012
@OP,
Secrets of the sand was brazilian not mexican,if you can get your hand on the tape,you'll find out Rio is the city they always refer to in their conversations.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by didoburns(m): 8:02am On Oct 05, 2012
wow my favourite is still secrets of the sand the way i and my family used to hurry to watch it then,tue and wed, i loved second chance too
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Adamo84(m): 8:09am On Oct 05, 2012
Series22: When it comes 2 soaps, i like Lux & imperial leather.

I have never ever used soap opera, so operah winfinfery dey do soap? I thought she is just a T.V presenter. She is rich o.
grin
Series22: When it comes 2 soaps, i like Lux & imperial leather.

Funny You.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by chucky234(m): 8:15am On Oct 05, 2012
igbsam:
Passions you mean ? Where you have Sheridan, Miguel, Chad, Beth, Timmy, The wicked Miss Tabitha and the likes of other as the cast. Used to go crazy for this Soap Opera
Passion was shown on AIT for three years running,the station grew tired of the soap that's they ditched it into waste bin.
lol
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by chucky234(m): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2012
freecocoa: Kai old people dey this NL sha, the ones I watched and miss are.
-Beyond the dreams
-After the storms
-New masquerade
-Jagua
-Fuji house of Commotion
-One big Family
-Area C
-Paradise Park
-Tales by moonlight
hmmm I never missed Paradise Park oooo,that was one TV drama that launched Julius Agwu
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by freecocoa(f): 8:26am On Oct 05, 2012
chucky234: hmmm I never missed Paradise Park oooo,that was one TV drama that launched Julius Agwu
True and it was one hell of a funny soap.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by jeddyMay(f): 8:28am On Oct 05, 2012
NO ONE BUT YOU (NTA 10)
THE RICH ALSO CRY
SECRET OF THE SAND
THE GARDENERS DAUGHTER
CATALINA AND SEBASTIAN
SECOND CHANCE
Camila
YOUNG AND RESTLESS
EGOLI
ETC
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by MyneWhite1(f): 8:30am On Oct 05, 2012
I want to take you back to those good old days of naija in the eighties. Yeah, I know, my age is showing now, I'll pull it up soon, lol... I saw this picture of Rita Dominic on a movie set and it took me down memory lane, straight into the parlour of our Enugu flat.

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/04/going-down-memory-lane-tv-throwback.html
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 05, 2012
I dont think i'll love any other soap like second chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pJPs9g6e0Q
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2012
mario Cimaro na bad guy for second chance
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by YINKS89(m): 8:41am On Oct 05, 2012
Passion.....especially d lyks ☀̤̣̈̇F
Tabita
Witney
Chad
Migual.....
I missed it so much
Neva had d chance 2 finish it....AIT....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Vote That Got Teddy A Evicted From The House With His Babe, BamBam / Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) / BBNaija: Mike 'Tacha Has Body Odour'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.