Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again (55128 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's / Current Nigerian Soap Operas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
QueenAw: Sweet memories...

Why can't NTA copy some of the old tv programs & soaps into DVDs to sell? I'm sure they'll make a lot of money which can be used to provide better broadcasting services? Especially the local programs? I know some of our senior citizens will have a nice time watching them again. I know my mum wouldn't mind! smiley
Today, even stv & co are better stations than NTA. Why is it that anything the government owns hardly improves? Rather, they tend to deteriorate overtime?
NTA was never better then, just that we thought they were cos we had not alternatives. rem that there were censorship under the military era and the NTA staffers had to do the bidding of the govt. the first private station didnt come till about 1994 and that was DBN tv. When DBN came, we saw another life of tv entertainment programming.

as regards copying in DVDs. Ben Bruce, the owner of Silver Bird and former DG of NTA said its a pity that NTA couldnt keep records. He said hardly will anyone see videos of buhari whilst serving as the head of state

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by kutchs: 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
Surprised nt many are mentioning Fortunes with its theme song FORTUNE SMILE ON ME. How can I forget Lai Ashadele, Dolly Unachukwu, Liz Benson, that little brat Regina Askia that reminds me of Jokotade Badmus of Hills and Valley, what about mr kokoyo daniel, mr gomez, jeff, ken, tunde etc. How can I forget the first I saw Jeff (Ramsey Noah) on my street one sunday morning on my way to church, it was like I have seen an angel. Men that guy gave me a ride in his car to church and I kept bragging about it for the next one month in school. Hei Fortunes is my no 1.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
kutchs: Surprised nt many are mentioning Fortunes with its theme song FORTUNE SMILE ON ME. How can I forget Lai Ashadele, Dolly Unachukwu, Liz Benson, that little brat Regina Askia that reminds me of Jokotade Badmus of Hills and Valley, what about mr kokoyo daniel, mr gomez, jeff, ken, tunde etc. How can I forget the first I saw Jeff (Ramsey Noah) on my street one sunday morning on my way to church, it was like I have seen an angel. Men that guy gave me a ride in his car to church and I kept bragging about it for the next one month in school. Hei Fortunes is my no 1.
checkmate my number 1 naija
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Capnd143(m): 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hey! I dont 4get
the promise[pangako sayo] wild rose, marimar, fish port princess etc! Where are these classics are the any links to watch them online? Pls gime me
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by speaktoinzaghi(m): 11:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
Tom
Doctor Who
Love Boat
Worzel Gummidge(the scarecrow)
Oliver Twist
Chucklehounds
Behind the Cloud
Robin Hood

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by UjSizzle(f): 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
Area!!!! I loved Danger Mouse gan and Samurai X, biker mice, TMNT, the smurfs, Godzilla, sonic underground n sonic the hedgehog, care bears, etc. Abeg i be regular cartoon freak..yes till today.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by FindOut(m): 11:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
toba: checkmate my number 1 naija

Loool. I remember me n my bro used to get excited when we see a window with white blinds on it (& i think a mercedes benz too..not sure). That meant we were about to 'enter' ''Chief's house''.....with his rascally Rabiu son.lol. cheesy ''Chief's house'' eventually became Fuji house of commotion.

I remember:
Monday evenin, 6pm - ''it is time for kiddie vision 101...''
Tuesday evenin, 6:30 or so - 'speak out' (''apperance 5 marks, fluency 3 marks...'')
saturday or sunday evenin, tales by moonlight (i wonder where that gentle woman who told us stories is)

monday night, 8pm - ''discorally''... Boring jor.

Seems i'm derailing...

Well well, soap operas i miss:

-Secrets of the sand (Tuesday n thursday nites) : Ruth & Rachel are (is) just soo cute, plus i first came across the word 'r.e.t.a...rd' *Many others may have come across the word on NL for the first tym thanks to Dayokanu.lol* while watching an episode.

-Isaura d slave girl (still remember the theme song).

-Yes, saturday nites (9 or 9:30pm) was ''Lady of the Rose''.. I know i, mum & bro enjoyed it tho i cant remember much again.

-Sunday nites (9:30 or was it 10pm), Wild Rose. Loved that too.

-Checkmate: said that before. Remember the way RMD ('Segun Kadiri) used to use a finger to wipe under his eyebrows (shakara gesture) while toasting 'Ann Haastrup' (Ego Boyo...was cute, still beautiful now...more thanks to Uncle Omamofe & Oando oil money thins.lol).

-Fortunes: Jeff & Kane & their dad..lol

Some years later:

-Palace: was tripping (& still tripping...lol) for Funlola Aofiyebi. Was tripping seriously for the house used mehn. Twas really a 'palace'.lol

-Zenith: with Nobert Young & co. : The theme song is still one of the most beautiful soap opera theme songs i've heard.

- The good old first n second & maybe 3rd Super Story.

-Passions: Lovely. Whitney was sooo cute....with her plenty hair.lol. chad was a fine boy. Perfect match.lol. Early years of internet browsing. Used to read up the story on the internet with friends to know what'll happen next....those days of N250 per hour at d cybercafe.

Enuf tori jor. These days, hardly watch TV.

3 Likes

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by FindOut(m): 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
Area_boy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy8Flh6D09I&feature=relmfu

you can thank me later wink

lol. Danger mouse & penfold.

Also remember Inspector Gadget. Dodo d kid from outta space....
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by thoth: 7:03am On Oct 06, 2012
Whenever we came to Nigeria we use to watch Pot of life, New masqurade and the horror Willy willy(might not be the real name)
we loved Zebudaya so much that in the late nineties my uncle has to get the complete reel for us from his friend that works in the Tv station. I still watch it sometimes.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Ofin11(m): 7:33am On Oct 06, 2012
does any 1 remember palace back then on AIT? Wish i can see dat once again
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by bibigirl07: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2012
Hmmmm! Those were the days, Nta channel 5 had, Morning Ride, though I was barely 10yrs old, I enjoyed it. Then Ripples, Memorial Hospital, ThirdEye, Check mates, Palace, Winds Of Destiny,

On the international Scene..OMG! I absolutely loooved: Wild Rose, Lady of the Rose with d Character Gabrielle, No one But You, Maria De los angeles, The power, The passion(eerie) I still watch current episodes of The Bold and The Beautiful(on Mnet), Passions, Oh! Sunset Set Beach, When u are mine was a bit too unrealistic for me, the story line that is. Which one again ooooo? I'l be back.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by kourt: 11:10am On Oct 06, 2012
Inspector gadget
Teenage mutant turtle ninja
Power rangers
grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Urch90: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2012
my best tv soap opera na super story, and sm other ones,super na num one.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
1993's 'Agbara nla' or nothing else grin. I loved it though I always hide behind chair when it is time 4 that 'Ayamatanga' woman time!

After agbara nla, then superstory comes to mind. Especially the early stories

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
I REALLY WOULD WANNA WATCH THEM....................ALL OVER AGAIN..
cry.................. BUT I CANT BLAME ANYONE DAT TIME ALABA BOYS EYES NEVER OPEN FOR PIRACY.............
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
ladunsky: I REALLY WOULD WANNA WATCH THEM....................ALL OVER AGAIN..
cry.................. BUT I CANT BLAME ANYONE DAT TIME ALABA BOYS EYES NEVER OPEN FOR PIRACY.............
youtube has what Alaba boyz doesnt have
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
Urch90: my best tv soap opera na super story, and sm other ones,super na num one.
coc u arent part of the old generation that enjoyed watching Tv in the 90s
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 07, 2012
Catalina and Sebastian
Second Chance
The Gardener's daughter
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by UjSizzle(f): 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
Twilight zone with bovi n farouk
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by alaricsaltzman: 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
when u are mine(diego and paloma)
secrets of the sand
passions(who remembers this?)
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
uj_sizzle: Twilight zone with bovi n farouk
u forgot yaw, OC and Malik
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Voned(f): 3:25am On Oct 12, 2012
-PASSIONS I so miss this program I remember the crazy things I did to watch it when there was no light or popsy wants to watch news that one I will cry to sleep that day
-WHEN YOU ARE MINE I so love this program paloma with her fight fight who is that man that will touch my paloma without a fight except Diegoooooo
-All about Camila- nice program too that girl suffer sha but which gal wey no dey suffer for mexican soap the guys are always from rich homes and the gals always suffer for the luv
-La Mujer de mi Vida(Woman of my life) I used to like this too barbarita and Antonio
REBBECA
Sunset beach
Second chance
Catalina and sebastian
Lorenzo's wife
Secret of the sand
I can't even type again cos I so used to love soap opera then and Nigerian wise I used to like FAMILY CIRCLE how come no one has said that
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by chic2pimp(m): 11:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
DonHummer: You are my passion 4 lyyyf.....
Love to watch Passions again...didnt evn complete it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSDQmfpMzw0
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by alaricsaltzman: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
Voned: -PASSIONS I so miss this program I remember the crazy things I did to watch it when there was no light or popsy wants to watch news that one I will cry to sleep that day
-WHEN YOU ARE MINE I so love this program paloma with her fight fight who is that man that will touch my paloma without a fight except Diegoooooo
-All about Camila- nice program too that girl suffer sha but which gal wey no dey suffer for mexican soap the guys are always from rich homes and the gals always suffer for the luv
-La Mujer de mi Vida(Woman of my life) I used to like this too barbarita and Antonio
REBBECA
Sunset beach
Second chance
Catalina and sebastian
Lorenzo's wife
Secret of the sand
I can't even type again cos I so used to love soap opera then and Nigerian wise I used to like FAMILY CIRCLE how come no one has said that
shocked shocked r u sure u arent mexican
yea...i remember family circle 2...nyc
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Voned(f): 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
alaric saltzman:
shocked shocked r u sure u arent mexican
yea...i remember family circle 2...nyc
I am not mexican ooooo I am only a fan of their soap opera
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Capnd143(m): 11:29am On Dec 26, 2012
Find Out!:

Loool. I remember me n my bro used to get excited when we see a window with white blinds on it (& i think a mercedes benz too..not sure). That meant we were about to 'enter' ''Chief's house''.....with his rascally Rabiu son.lol. cheesy ''Chief's house'' eventually became Fuji house of commotion.

I remember:
Monday evenin, 6pm - ''it is time for kiddie vision 101...''
Tuesday evenin, 6:30 or so - 'speak out' (''apperance 5 marks, fluency 3 marks...'')
saturday or sunday evenin, tales by moonlight (i wonder where that gentle woman who told us stories is)

monday night, 8pm - ''discorally''... Boring jor.

Seems i'm derailing...

Well well, soap operas i miss:

-Secrets of the sand (Tuesday n thursday nites) : Ruth & Rachel are (is) just soo cute, plus i first came across the word 'r.e.t.a...rd' *Many others may have come across the word on NL for the first tym thanks to Dayokanu.lol* while watching an episode.

-Isaura d slave girl (still remember the theme song).

-Yes, saturday nites (9 or 9:30pm) was ''Lady of the Rose''.. I know i, mum & bro enjoyed it tho i cant remember much again.

-Sunday nites (9:30 or was it 10pm), Wild Rose. Loved that too.

-Checkmate: said that before. Remember the way RMD ('Segun Kadiri) used to use a finger to wipe under his eyebrows (shakara gesture) while toasting 'Ann Haastrup' (Ego Boyo...was cute, still beautiful now...more thanks to Uncle Omamofe & Oando oil money thins.lol).

-Fortunes: Jeff & Kane & their dad..lol

Some years later:

-Palace: was tripping (& still tripping...lol) for Funlola Aofiyebi. Was tripping seriously for the house used mehn. Twas really a 'palace'.lol

-Zenith: with Nobert Young & co. : The theme song is still one of the most beautiful soap opera theme songs i've heard.

- The good old first n second & maybe 3rd Super Story.

-Passions: Lovely. Whitney was sooo cute....with her plenty hair.lol. chad was a fine boy. Perfect match.lol. Early years of internet browsing. Used to read up the story on the internet with friends to know what'll happen next....those days of N250 per hour at d cybercafe.

Enuf tori jor. These days, hardly watch TV.
medic! Medic!! Medic!! Oboy! U be filmographer abi moviecologist ?
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by FindOut(m): 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2012
Capnd143: medic! Medic!! Medic!! Oboy! U be filmographer abi moviecologist ?

Lol. Anyone, same same! cheesy
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by adetolaayoola: 6:19am On May 21, 2013
Cuddlemii: Nice topic!

Aye Toto, Aye Akamora - I started with this. I loved it because it was cultural/traditional. Always looked forward to it after Newsline on Sundays.

Checkmate - Loved this, it was star studded and interesting. All those adverts/commercials associated with the soap opera added spice to it.

Agbara Nla- Yay, loved this too because of the spiritual combats and all. The theme song was fun too..***Agbara toju Agbara lo****

Things Fall Apart - hehehe...Okonkwo!!! I love the theme song..***things fall apart, that the kettle can not hold things fall apart, fall apart fall apart***
I used to call it kettle and not center, lolz

Kunta Kinte - The whole slavery ish was pitiful.

When You Are Mine- I bought the DVD and didn't go to bed that night. This was a very good one! Very creative and interesting.
Hello, pls I'm new here, how can I also get the dvd of when ure mine, the gardeners daughter etc pls any info. Thanks all

Maria The Los Angeles- I saw this because of Orquidea Cordoba Escalante and her romance with that man that lost of hand or something.

Secret Of The Sand was not bad. Loved the concept & theme.

Rentaghost, dr who, frank spencer- those British actsgrin grin grin

Halo halo- that ashewo french man that was a player made me like this. Their accents were funny.

Every other one listed by the op, I have seen and enjoyed.

What is the name of the one with Miguel(john tucker must die main actor) or whatever, I refused to see it cos of the hype, my school mates made me loose interest.

1 Like

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Cuddlemii: 1:53pm On May 21, 2013
adetola ayoola: Hello, pls I'm new here, how can I also get the dvd of when ure mine, the gardeners daughter etc pls any info. Thanks all

Hey welcome!

Depends on your location.

Any DVD vendor should carry when you are mine. Sometimes, you can request for it, and they get it for you at a latter date. You can try the Tantalizers located at Allen Roundabout, opposite Alade market in Ikeja. They are always by the entrance. Mine was gotten from this location.

You can also try hold-ups on Maryland or Island; Eko Idumota & Tejuosho/Yaba market, video clubs, etc.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by glowingscenes(f): 8:22am On May 22, 2013
AMvanquish: "No one but You" was a classic confirmed! Remember when the whole house
Would assemble @ 8pm every weekday jus to watch that soap b4 the 9pm
News.. U dare not change that channel, cos my mum to sisters would
Tear u too shreds. My Dad would not even dare.. I remember "Radamas Basanta"
And "Orquidea cordoba escalante" in d soap. Those names are like signtures
In my brain.. How time flies.... Classic oldies
I remember orqueida cordoba escalante.!!!..d name is like a signature like u said..loooool
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by glowingscenes(f): 8:40am On May 22, 2013
[quote author=adetola ayoola][/quote
Wish there was a triple like for this partticular post!!!!!gosh!!!!!I remember it all sooooooo well
Rentaghost!!! I remember d song slightly..its so funny when they hold their nose with their fingers just to disappear
Halo halo!!!yea their accent#wink
Haaaar!!!frank spencer!!!I miss that guy!!!the name was some mothers do have them!!!gosh!!!the guuy was sooo aannoying and funny aand his wife was so sweet
The john tucker one is Passions..thaat long soapopera that they didn't finish well altho I didn't finish watching it
Agbara nla had 'ayamatanga!!!' Hehehe..twas sooo scary!
I looooooved secrets of d sand ie ruth and rachel, maria de los angeles, lady of the rose ie gabriella and dt guy dt threw her into jail, rosa saalvaje and so on
This brings baack so much memories
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by glowingscenes(f): 8:57pm On May 25, 2013
toba: I'll start the reminiscence with WILD ROSE that aired on NTA network around 1994-1996

It starred the popular Mexican actress VerĂ³nica Castro, who played the main character, "Rosa", co-starring with Guillermo Capetillo as her love interest and Laura Zapata as the villain of the story.

This telenovela was a huge success in Mexico, Latin America, Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia, Russia, Estonia, China and the United States and provided the template for numerous other Latin American soap operas in terms of story, plot twists and characters for years to come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMNoaTQvgYs

the theme song rosa, aya ye lol
hahaha...our on version was "rosa awon aye...yoyo..hehehe..kids what did we know cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Vote That Got Teddy A Evicted From The House With His Babe, BamBam / Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) / BBNaija: Mike 'Tacha Has Body Odour'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.