Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again (55125 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's / Current Nigerian Soap Operas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by tpiaP: 12:45am On Jan 18, 2015
glowingscenes:

hahaha...our on version was "rosa awon aye...yoyo..hehehe..kids what did we know cheesy

rosa canante or something like that.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by tpiaP: 12:46am On Jan 18, 2015
toba:
Escrava Isaura

Based on the novel of the same name by 19th century abolitionist writer Bernardo Guimarães, it tells the story of the struggles of Isaura, a white-skinned black slave, to find happiness during the Brazilian Empire. It was starred by Lucélia Santos in the titular role, and Rubens de Falco as slave owner Leôncio Almeida, the main antagonist.[1] It was adapted by Gilberto Braga, and directed by Herval Rossano and Milton Gonçalves, running 100 episodes.
Escrava Isaura became one of the most popular telenovelas in the world, being broadcast in over 80 countries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV5VwGVecRs

isaura the slave girl

i watched a couple of episodes i think

i would like to read the novels these shows were based on sha, if they're available in English.
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
tpiaP:

i watched a couple of episodes i think

i would like to read the novels these shows were based on sha, if they're available in English.
it should be available on the internet
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by tpiarare: 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
i didnt see any english translations
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by Odkboy23(m): 9:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
Passions
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by tpiadotcom: 4:06am On Apr 10, 2015
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by warrenweste(m): 12:33am On Apr 09, 2016
miss threads like these embarassed
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by honeyA: 8:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
I remember back then, whilst growing up in the days when we had limited television channels to watch, that we had to make do with whats available. I think it was Just NTA 10, NTA 2 channel 5, NTA 7, LTV8 and OGTV all of which were Government owned that used to operate on our airwaves. No DSTV and the only Satellite provider available was ABG.

These stations made us love watching TV with primetime programmes especially with foreign soap operas that took the airwaves. Some of these soaps/Telenovelas are the best ever and one can only reminiscence these soaps. The old folks would remember some, whilst some new folks would remember some of the new ones that have recently been aired .

Some of the soaps will be highlighted below

NO ONE BUT YOU (NTA 10)
THE RICH ALSO CRY
ISURA THE SLAVE GIRL
SECRET OF THE SAND
WILD ROSE Rosa Salvaje
LADY OF THE ROSE
WHEN YOU ARE MINE (CUANDO SEAS MIA)
THE GARDENERS DAUGHTER
CATALINA AND SEBASTIAN
SECOND CHANCE
Camila
SANTA BABRA
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
YOUNG AND RESTLESS
MARIA DE LOS ANGELES
La mujer el de janeiro
and many others. These are the few i can remember for now.

You can share ur experience on the ones you love the most

Santa Barbara ended a long time ago, the final scene was Julia telling Mason she was expected their second child. One thing about that soap was its good selection of soundtracks. But I gave up on soaps ages ago, you are happy one minute, next you end up disappointed! At least with telenovelas, the main couple have their happy ending!
My favorite telenovela is NO ONE BUT YOU, the second telenovela to air in Nigeria. I loved Antonio and Raquel very much and HATED Max for everything he tried to do to them.
If you care to read NO ONE BUT YOU's episode summaries 1 to the FIN (plus a few extras) go to my blog:
MY FAVORITE THINGS: TU O NADIE (NO ONE BUT YOU) SNIPPETS' MAP
http://honeysweirdworld..com.ng/2010/10/tu-o-nadieno-one-but-you-snippets-map.html

Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by officialfestus(m): 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
My eternal,in the name of love,no greater love,
Re: Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again by prisKaa(f): 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hello everyone, please who remembers the title of one of the soaps aired on NTA in the early 2000s. I can't remember it. The character I remember is that of the slave girl/maid who was from a poor background and very shy. She then falls in love with a rich guy(I think the son or her master) who in turn falls for her too and gets this poor girl a mobile phone as a present so the will always keep in touch... her name is eena(don't know d spelling tho) and it didnt look like a Mexican soap.
This is all I remember,been trying so hard to remember the title. Pls any clues?? Ill appreciate.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Vote That Got Teddy A Evicted From The House With His Babe, BamBam / Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) / BBNaija: Mike 'Tacha Has Body Odour'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.