Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,603 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? (30309 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Re-run Elections: Nigerians In 5 States Vote (LIVE UPDATES) / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by InvertedHammer: 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
A[i]nd i hope you never call yourself a Nigerian in the nearest future..
The real Nigerian always knows he's a Nigerian in bad and good times,especially bad times....
The real Nigerian knows what he was deprived of and figures out ways to make sure the future generations to come enjoys what he/she was deprived of...
The real Nigerian is not a coward...
The real Nigerian despite living a comfortable life always remembers that some of his fellow country people are suffering and draws out strategies to tackle the underlying problem....
The real Nigerian always draws close to his roots...
The real Nigerian doesn't run away from his country. He/she only goes to a distant land to discover/gather/find the necessary tools needed to sharpen the blunt edges of his country....
The real Nigerian always uses the picture of the sorry state of his country as a constant reminder of what needs to be done...
The real Nigerian is presently planning on how to make the future generations to come smile and never regret being called a NIGERIAN.[/i]..KSlib

[b]Keep deceiving yourself. I was under the illusion that things could be changed in Nigeria. Trust me..been there..done that. There are three kinds of Nigerians 1) Looters 2) Wanna-be looters 3)Looted! People in classification(3) are aspiring closet classification(2) who are aspiring to classification(1). Still in doubt? Go back to all the government critics and find out what happens as soon as they become employed by the government in power...Every Nigerian (I mean every in every sense of it) is an Abati in waiting. NIGERIANS ARE COWARDS! A population where 1% controls 99% and keeps them in penury is a clear evidence of cowardice on the 99%. You will rather die fighting for Mohammed than die fighting against oppression.

Constant reminder of what needs to be done? LOL.You are funny indeed! Denial is not a river in Egypt. Look at your roads, NEPA issues, police, politics...Do you still need a constant reminder of what needs to be done? Not all. You are all bunch of lazy, educated illiterates, for a lack of worse words[/b]

NIGERIA is what it is because some people are benefiting from the status quote Laughing in spanish!!!.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
zerocool: One man told me, if you bring all Nigerians to the United States or U.K, the system will turn corrupt and spoilt. (Electricity, Water Supply, Roads, Infrastructures, Politics!! etc). And if you do vice versa, take all Americans to live and settle in Nigeria, She will be the world's envy and the NEW AMERICA.
So true!!
What a country called Nigeria!!! Truthfully @OP, it will take so much years and you will be long dead and rotten, before you even experience any working system. So, Keep blabbing at those with their brain cells working effectively.
Do you mean your braincell is working and you pour this hate out here ? I do not know what working braincells mean anymore. Cos I do not understand why, you guys think we do not visit those countries you slave for. I come there, dine and wine and shop for things I need to clean my toilet then remember that there is Nigeria to build, so I think your braincells need mechanics.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Kslib(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
Godman_n: As one that lived studied and worked abroad, but choose to come home out of sure patriotism and also bc I don't want the stress of obtaining permanent residency; Nigerians at home are mostly ignorant, corrupt and lack any understanding of what we lack as a nation. they can hardly get how we've been set thousands of years back by our leaders.
Pls i want to know that special thing that Nigerians abroad know about concerning what we lack as a nation that home based Nigerians dont? You see,you are one of those people that the op was talking about.. What makes you think that going abroad makes you better than those at home... You clearly dont know what you are saying.. How can you call yourself a patroitic Nigerian when you clearly stated that you came back cos you couldn't handle the stress of becoming a permanent residence abroad...
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
I've never seen people who revel in their sh.it more than Nigerians in Nigeria. What a disgrace!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by ajileko: 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
Nothing works in this country. Absolutely nothing. It's like whole bunch of animals living in the bush, anything goes.
And please when you travel, please hide your passport.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
justwise:
Criminals like you are the hypocrites, are you not the same person running visa scam? Are you not the same person organizing fake marriages for Nigerians abroad? Now you have the gut to insult people because you were exposed? Silly cow.

Deleting your previous fraudulent threads will not help you, i quoted you then.

Damn!! You don't need to hate on people's hustle, everyone out there is a criminal... My solictor(from a big law firm in London) used to tell me back in the days when I was hustling in a major way(my teen years) that it's just about not getting caught because everyone out there is involved in one crime, or the other... Right now, I'm professional and I 'hustle' with my pen and IQ in a legit way, but I don't envy people out there, who're trying to survive... It's a cold world out there, and life in London isn't that easy, especially if you're on a visa...

I know some are greedy, but when people are trying to survive, you need to let them be, bro... Nigerians aren't the only criminals in the UK - there are more Asians and White criminals out there, doing major crimes worth millions of £££££... However, dailymail just loves putting Nigerians/Africans on blast, and 'holier than thou' Nigerians like you run with that nonsense...

I bet you think all those Asians driving Ferraris, Bentleys, and Rolls Royce around London and Birmingham got their money in a legit way, no?? Bwahahahaha
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nightshift(m): 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
Diaspora Nigerians remits billions of dollars to Nigeria every year, and all they get is being castigated as bitter folks? Certain things aren't adding up here people. Some diaspora Nigerians might not be happy with Nigeria, some due to personal reasons, but most people i know want the best for Nigeria. Just like China and India benefited tremendously from their diaspora, the future and strength of Nigeria's economy depends to a large extent on diaspora Nigerian expertise. Diaspora Nigerians are acquiring skills that might help get Nigeria out of its current socioeconomic nightmare.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Jakumo(m): 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
People who stay on the right side of the law in the West rarely have reason to interact with policemen, other than the rare occasion when they get pulled over for minor traffic infractions. As Dede1 pointed out earlier, Nigerians who reside in Western societies quickly learn to appreciate the stress-free life that comes with the assurance that they will never be confronted with bribe-seeking cops, highwaymen, car-jacking crews working city traffic holdups, home-invasion gangs, ritual murder kidnappers, ransom kidnappers, spontaneous street riots, kamikaze drivers, mountains of trash everywhere, and cratered streets lined with open, flotsam-filled sewers smelly enough to raise the dead.

Having enjoyed the relative peace, cleanliness and orderliness of life in the West, Nigerians venturing back home are often faced with multiple threats and perils that only begin with their being immediately targeted by robbers who assume all expatriate Nigerians visiting their homeland are flush with hard currency. It is therefore only natural that a person who has spent uneventful years working in London, Los Angeles or New York would, would,on arrival in Nigeria, resent very much being swarmed by predator packs starting the instant they leave the airport arrivals arrival hall.

Having a bunch of loud, aggressive, persistent and rude muffugus up in one’s face around the clock can take some getting used to, but many new arrivals to Nigeria never get over that culture shock, and wind up counting the days until they can get the phuck back to the safety of their adopted homes in the West.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
shymexx:

Damn!! You don't need to hate on people's hustle, everyone out there is a criminal... My solictor(from a big law firm in London) used to tell me back in the days when I hustling in a major way(my teen years) that it's just about not getting caught because everyone out there is involved in one crime, or the other... Right now, I'm professional and I 'hustle' with my pen and IQ in a legit way, but I don't evvy people out there, who're trying to survive... It's a cold world out there, and life in London isn't that easy, especially if you're on a visa...

I know some are greedy, but when people are trying to survive, you need to let them be, bro... Nigerians aren't the only criminals in the UK - there are more Asians and White criminals out there, doing major crimes worth millions of £££££... However, dailymail just loves putting Nigerians/Africans on blast, and 'holier than thou' Nigerians like you run with that nonsense...

I bet you think all those Asians driving Ferraris, Bentleys, and Rolls Royce around London and Birmingham got their money in a legit way, no?? Bwahahahaha
You make some sense there. No one is a saint, saints are usually poor. The 11th Commandment says 'Thou Shalt Not Get Caught'. But make una take am easy to dey ruin our names.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by zerocool(m): 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
Billyonaire: Do you mean your braincell is working and you pour this hate out here ? I do not know what working braincells mean anymore. Cos I do not understand why, you guys think we do not visit those countries you slave for. I come there, dine and wine and shop for things I need to clean my toilet then remember that there is Nigeria to build, so I think your braincells need mechanics.

Yeah there is a Nigeria to build?? Guy, Stop joking and face reality.

Nobody cares for you in Nigeria, nobody gives a poo. You build it and they name you after a tiny street in your hometown in Oshogbo or build you a statue. Lmao.

I bet you can ask Anikulapo's family or M.K.O Abiola's family, how it feels to want to be the hero.

Can you tell me where Rashidi Yekini is today and how well he was treated while alive??

Do you know how many Nigerian athletes represented other countries in the just concluded Olympic Games? Do you know how many Nigerian Doctors are in the US? They all made the right decisions by taking care of themselves and their immediate family, thereby contributing their little quota to the development of the Nigeria.

You are a no-brainer if you want to be a (Nigerian) nation builder.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2012
Billyonaire: You make some sense there. No one is a saint, saints are usually poor. The 11th Commandment says 'Thou Shalt Not Get Caught'. But make una take am easy to dey ruin our names.

"The 11th Commandment says 'Thou Shalt Not Get Caught'" - that's the rule to the game...

It's human survival instinct when you need to survive.. As long as you don't kill people, it's part of life....
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
shymexx:

Damn!! You don't need to hate on people's hustle, everyone out there is a criminal... My solictor(from a big law firm in London) used to tell me back in the days when I hustling in a major way(my teen years) that it's just about not getting caught because everyone out there is involved in one crime, or the other... Right now, I'm professional and I 'hustle' with my pen and IQ in a legit way, but I don't evvy people out there, who're trying to survive... It's a cold world out there, and life in London isn't that easy, especially if you're on a visa...

What exactly are you going on about? Things are hard out there so we should all live on crime? Crime is crime, doesn't matter who committed it, its funny to you when you are nicking people's stuff, when yours is nicked you come out sweating blood.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Burger01(m): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2012
I am even sceptical about living abroad. The cold and all these catrina this, hurricane that. I beg naija sweet joor. To People in diaspora una dey well done o. Keep enduring. I understand ur defence on this thread but I tell you there is no place like home. I once lived in uk, did my studies, boarded the next available flight home, to be candid a BA flight, I thank God I took that decision. My life wouldn't have been better. Baba God, I thank you. The cold alone is a complete put off. Keep enduring o and keep defending your adopted countries .. I hail thee..it will be well with Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by zerocool(m): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
ajileko: Nothing works in this country. Absolutely nothing. It's like whole bunch of animals living in the bush, anything goes.
And please when you travel, please hide your passport.

Yes, i said that earlier. It is terrible when they know you are Nigerian or see your passport. And the Nigerians here say we are bitter about Nigeria, when Nigeria (as a country) is bitter against Nigerians in Diaspora. Smh.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
zerocool:

Yeah there is a Nigeria to build?? Guy, Stop joking and face reality.

Nobody cares for you in Nigeria, nobody gives a poo. You build it and they name you after a tiny street in your hometown in Oshogbo or build you a statue. Lmao.
I bet you can ask Anikulapo's family or M.K.O Abiola's family, how it feels to want to be the hero.
Can you tell me where Rashidi Yekini is today and how well he was treated while alive??
Do you know how many Nigerian athletes represented other countries in the just concluded Olympic Games? Do you know how many Nigerian Doctors are in the US? They all made the right decisions by taking care of themselves and their immediate family, thereby contributing their little quota to the development of the Nigeria.
You are a no-brainer if you want to be a (Nigerian) nation builder.
You tried to make a little sense, but as I read on, you derailed to some sinister cheap punk tactics. When you mention 3 names of people who were not recognized, did you care enough to mention the names of the captains of Industries and Capitalist venturers who have been awarded honors by the Government. Do you think running away from Nigeria will make Nigeria better, I say Hell No!, Only cowards will run away from where there is work to be done to fix a broken and battered country. The truth remains that those countries you reside are adopted home, at some point in your life, you will want to come back to your natural home either as aged old man without natural history back here or as a dead meat popularly called Corpse, and hey, charter flights cost a lot to bring in dead body, you better save well well.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by zerocool(m): 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
stillwater: I've never seen people who revel in their sh.it more than Nigerians in Nigeria. What a disgrace!

Trust me, SUFFERING AND SMILING.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by thelastPope(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
See the scorecard:

Nairaland : Seun : homebased

Saharareporters house of fraud : What's his name again sef? : Diaspora - really great contribution to Nigeria. Which Oyibo man will come and invest in Nigeria or respect any Nigerian after reading SaharaCrap for one day?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
justwise:
What exactly are you going on about? Things are hard out there so we should all live on crime? Crime is crime, doesn't matter who committed it, its funny to you when you are nicking people's stuff, when yours is nicked you come out sweating blood.

I never said everyone has to start committing crimes... However, it's problematic when you and your ilks start 'Nigerianising' every crime out here like it's only Nigerians that do it... A woman(Dentist) just got nicked today for defrauding NHS about £1.4million, and she isn't Nigerian...

Asians(Indians) are model immigrants in the UK, with Ferraris, Bentleys, RRs etc.. but they run a crime enterprise in West Midlands, bigger than anything Nigerians would ever dream of... Yet, you and your ilks don't badmouth them - they still put them on a pedestal like all their businesses are legit...

Do your thing and let others do their thing - life is about the survival of the fittest...
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
shymexx:

I never said everyone has to start committing crimes... However, it's problematic when you and your ilks start 'Nigerianising' every crime out here like it's only Nigerians that do it... A woman(Dentist) just got nicked today for defrauding NHS about £1.4million, and she isn't Nigeria...
Asians(Indians) are model immigrants in the UK, with Ferraris, Bentleys, RRs etc.. but they run a crime enterprise in West Midlands, bigger than anything Nigerians would ever dream off... Yet, you and your ilks don't badmouth them - they still put them on a pedestal like all their businesses are legit...
Do your thing and let others do their thing - life is about the survival of the fittest...
So will this mean that Nigerians abroad run some cheap scam and fraud that could not fetch those ferraris', Does it not mean that their failure to meet up with the professionalism of the Asians in the fraud affairs is now translated to their hatred for their home based Nigerians ? Are you pondering what am pondering ?
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nightshift(m): 8:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
After working my bottom off to send money to that damn economy, i feel better than an Ibori or a Balogun who steals Nigeria's money to make sure that Switzerland children have the best education and healthcare, while our own children in Nigeria are dying because their parent can't afford a hospital bill. Stolen Nigerian money in foreign banks never just lay low there,it works for the citizens and government where the stolen monies are.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by jude33084(m): 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
grin grin frustration grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by zerocool(m): 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2012
Billyonaire: You tried to make a little sense, but as I read on, you derailed to some sinister cheap punk tactics. When you mention 3 names of people who were not recognized, did you care enough to mention the names of the captains of Industries and Capitalist venturers who have blessed be awared honors by the Government. Do you think running away from Nigeria will make Nigeria better, I say Hell No!, Only cowards will run away from where there is work to be done to fix a broken and battered country. The truth remains that those countries you reside are adopted home, at some point in your life, you will want to come back to your natural home either as aged old man without natural history back here or as a dead meat popularly called Corpse, and hey, charter flights cost a lot to bring in dead body, you better save well well.

You still dont make sense to me!!!

Can you hear yourself out, while typing?

FYI, I didnt run away from Nigeria and I visit Nigeria regularly and still do, just as every other person living abroad.

And yeah i said earlier, those who deserved the awards got it, an example is Abacha's son with the highest title in Ijawland and many people with awards in Nigeria. There are sooooo many titles and awards in Nigeria as long as you have money. Nothing works, Nothing is by merit - not even contracts, educational system, judicial system, governmental parastatals.

I dont want any award in Nigeria, Thank you smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2012
Nightshift: After working my bottom off to send money to that damn economy, i feel better than an Ibori or a Balogun who steals Nigeria's money to make sure that Switzerland children have the best education and healthcare, while our own children in Nigeria are dying because their parent can't afford a hospital bill. Stolen Nigerian money in foreign banks never just lay low there,it works for the citizens and government where the stolen monies are.
So this translates to you guys hating us, and calling us local champions ?
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by BUSHMAN1: 8:28pm On Oct 05, 2012
i am a nigerian living in the UK, i dont care what the op thinks about me, nigeria is a hell hole, i don,t intend to contribute to the growth of nigeria frankly i hope things never gets better in nigeria.. until corruption is abolished i am not ready to return, and oh! i have a good life here in the UK, i would rather contribute into the white man,s country than that lawless country called nigeria. you can call me bitter if you like i quite happy with that. thanks
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by justwise(m): 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
shymexx:

I never said everyone has to start committing crimes... However, it's problematic when you and your ilks start 'Nigerianising' every crime out here like it's only Nigerians that do it... A woman(Dentist) just got nicked today for defrauding NHS about £1.4million, and she isn't Nigerian...

Asians(Indians) are model immigrants in the UK, with Ferraris, Bentleys, RRs etc.. but they run a crime enterprise in West Midlands, bigger than anything Nigerians would ever dream off... Yet, you and your ilks don't badmouth them - they still put them on a pedestal like all their businesses are legit...

Listen, i'm a Nigerian and can only talk about issues affecting me as Nigerian and not as Indian or Pakistani, what does that got to do with me? Are there not Asians to worry about their own image?

Why should i be bothered about crimes committed by other nationalities? What do you take me for? Ba Kim Moon?
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by ajileko: 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
Do you think running away from Nigeria will make Nigeria better, I say Hell No!, Only cowards will run away from where there is work to be done to fix a broken and battered country. The truth remains that those countries you reside are adopted home, at some point in your life, you will want to come back to your natural home either as aged old man without natural history back here or as a dead meat popularly called Corpse, and hey, charter flights cost a lot to bring in dead body, you better save well well.!!!!!!!

Another Brainfart statement.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by thelastPope(m): 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2012
Nightshift: After working my bottom off to send money to that damn economy, i feel better than an Ibori or a Balogun who steals Nigeria's money to make sure that Switzerland children have the best education and healthcare, while our own children in Nigeria are dying because their parent can't afford a hospital bill. Stolen Nigerian money in foreign banks never just lay low there,it works for the citizens and government where the stolen monies are.

The funny thing about posts like these is that people like you think all Nigerians are politicians of children of politicians. How many politicians are in Nigeria? How many people benefit from politics money? We work hard. We work smart and we get our doe! There's money here because there's population here. Get it into your head! Someone like you might even be posting from spain or greece right now and still be claiming you are doing fine. Smh
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
justwise:

Listen, i'm a Nigerian and can only talk about issues affecting me as Nigerian and not as Indian or Pakistani, what does that got to do with me? Are there not Asians to worry about their own image?

Why should i be bothered about crimes committed by other nationalities? What do you take me for? Ba Kim Moon?

Rotflmao!
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Dede1(m): 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The above is a bunch of crap which could only come from typical bitter diasporans. You all forget that some of us have lived in the USA and other countries just like you currently do. Most people who have a balance of just $300,000 in a US account will dispute your statement.

To the extent that a bank will offer you a cup of coffee just as they would a millionaire, you may be right. But try to talk to a loan officer about a personal loan and see if you get the same treatment as a millionaire would get. I'm assuming here that as an Okoro man, you did not keep $1million in a single account but you spread the money in different banks and some under ya matress, hence you will not get the millionaire's treatment.

While you are talking to a loan officer, sweating, a man with $1million balance is taken upstairs for a more personal banking experience.

People like the overanalyst smiley, ekt_bear are hailing your statement and I am sure he can come up with a theoretical or academic explanation for your position, but I'm afraid your position is not supported as a practical matter.

Nwanne, you are really consummate novice on this subject matter. The above post exposed your degree of intellect and smacked you right on the face for who you really are. Are you sure you set foot on the parade grounds at NDA?

In USA, what matters is your credit score, your total worth (not fiscal cash) against the amount you really want to borrow. If you have $1,000,000 in deposit, what sense does it make if go to the bank for $500,000? If I have better credit rating than you, and a house worth $500,000 with more than $300,000 equity on it, while a sorry ar.se such as you have $500,000 deposit with poor credit rating on a rental property, I shall easily secure loan of $250,000 with low interest rate from a bank easily while a deadbeat such as will continue to run around searching for guarantors.

There is a difference between civilized and uncivilized bro.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by paris10: 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
justwise:

Criminals like you are the hypocrites, are you not the same person running visa scam? Are you not the same person organizing fake marriages for Nigerians abroad? Now you have the gut to insult people because you were exposed? Silly cow.

Deleting your previous fraudulent threads will not help you, i quoted you then.

"Saints" like you are the ones disassociating yourselves from Nigeria. You're quick to label Nigerians and judge them based on the "headlines" you so much crave for.

Justice and welfare are two different things. You're one of the many classicists who ignorantly believe that those who commits crime chose to do so out of their freewill, but totally disregarding other theories or factors. Not until I singled out, you'd no contribution to make on this topic. You've never contributed to burning issues in Nigeria except ofcourse your immigration crap.

Regardless of what many of your type thinks of Nigeria, Nigeria will survive and shut the mouth of the Western world up. When people are being oppressed and have no means or power of getting justice for themselves, disobedience then become the order of the day. Like St. Augustine said " An unjust law is no law at all". These are slavery laws which must be revolutionalized. Ask the Egyptians!!!

Visa scam or no visa scam, I'm no scam and will never be. I frequent UK and based in the US (I am a citizen of both Countries by His grace), and I am a patriotic Nigerian too.

I love Nigeria and will continue to do so in my little might everything to eradicate poverty in Nigeria. When people eat three square meals a day, the thought of disobeying disappears.

Grow up!
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Agimor(m): 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
thelastPope: I am really getting irritated by many Nigerians in diaspora. They seem bent on seeing Nigeria and Nigerians go down. They come here and all over other Internet sites spewing garbage about Nigeria. They will put down anything positive about Nigeria. It seems they are suffering from gross bitterness.

There is no denying the fact that Nigeria has many issues but we cannot solve it by hating ourselves with so much raw hate and talking nonsense all the time. There is a time to critisize. For example, I like to criticize our excesses on materialism as a people which leads us to many unwanted stuff like corruption and crime. But insulting the nation and saying we will never make it and making us look so pathetic to the rest of the world is just too bad! We have our dignity and pride and we will never sacrifice that on any alter of self defeat and hopelessness.

If these bitter diaspora folks can't see anything good about Nigeria and Nigerians, I wonder why they even bother to post on Nigerian forums. They should carry their crap somewhere else. They forget that they are part of those who have failed Nigeria because they have not made any meaningful contribution to Nigerian growth.

Some of us travel out of the country and know how many of these folks live in Europe and even the US. In spain, Italy and Greece, many of them beg on the streets. In the UK, I don't even want to start. They haul themselves, sometimes as much as 15 in a 2 room apartment! Yet they talk nonsense here on NL because they can afford cheap Tmobile internet connection.

We have no other country but Nigeria. We must stand up and build it. Yes, it is a long road but it is a journey worth taking! Our families and friends live here. The question we must ask ourselves today is how can we make it better?

Apologies/acknowledgement to the many Nigerians in diaspora who do not fall into this category. Your patriotic contribution is a blessing to some of us!
YOU ARE ON POINT.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
zerocool:
You still dont make sense to me!!!
Can you hear yourself out, while typing?
FYI, I didnt run away from Nigeria and I visit Nigeria regularly and still do, just as every other person living abroad.
And yeah i said earlier, those who deserved the awards got it, an example is Abacha's son with the highest title in Ijawland and many people with awards in Nigeria. There are sooooo many titles and awards in Nigeria as long as you have money. Nothing works, Nothing is by merit - not even contracts, educational system, judicial system, governmental parastatals.

I dont want any award in Nigeria, Thank you smiley
So what are you saying in essence since what I typed didnt make sense? Meanwhile congratulations to know you 'Came Home' 3 times the past 7 Years. That's how to be patriotic and build our motherland tongue. Its a shame. On my own, I travel to China, Turkey for construction items, construction items for Nigeria. I find time to visit London once in a year to see latest European designs so I can make them available in Nigeria and for Nigerians. I visit America often to get Investors, to come and Invest in Nigeria, for Nigerians. And back home in my little village, I have a local Chieftaincy Title because am Patriotic and Industrious. Let me make it clear! You deserve no award, and you will never get one. Cos you are a coward. When you say, you visit Nigeria, How does it sound ? Like Garri or Fufu eaten with palmy ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo Unveil Bayo Omoboriowo's Democracy Photo Book At June 12 Dinner / Buhari: I stand by my claim that President went into coma – Fayose / Rotimi Amaechi Reacts To Violent APC Congress, Mocks Wike (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.