Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

GTB / Western Union - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB / Western Union (5091 Views)

Customer Needs Feedback Concerning New GTB Western Union Transaction Method / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Western Union Money Transfer Now To Be Paid In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB / Western Union by Nostradamu(m): 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hello nairalanders,

Please i'd like the citizens of nairaland to let us discuss this annoying issue.....i went to GTB around my area in ilupeju today to do some transaction on western union. To my amazement i was told that i had to have "run" (abi na ran...warreva sha ) my current account for at least three months before i could complete the transaction. Despite the fact that i have a very ACTIVE savings account, but not so active domiciliary and current account; i just think this is really bad and doesn't encourage doing business with them. Please fellow citizens educate me oooo..is there something i'm missing or is GTB getting too comfortable? Tanx a bunch nairalanders. undecided
Re: GTB / Western Union by arbitrage: 4:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
Try another branch please.
Re: GTB / Western Union by fittty(m): 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
Same happened to me too. GTBank now requires you have a CURRENT ACCOUNT Before you can receive money by western union
Re: GTB / Western Union by Nostradamu(m): 11:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
fittty: Same happened to me too. GTBank now requires you have a CURRENT ACCOUNT Before you can receive money by western union
No. its not that they require you have a current account with them,they want you to have "run" a current account with them for 3months consecutively....is that not absurd? Yet they are part of the syndicate that help these losers in government to launder money abroad. How ridiculous is that,how bout if i don't have any transactions during that their HOPELESS 3months window buh have been using other account type to do business in the same time frame? This is what happens when TAYO ADERINOKUN (blessed memory) is no longer at the helm of affairs in GTB....,the new management is just beating about the bush with funny policy (ies),it would've been more sensible if they actually say wat they have on their dilly dallying freaking minds on the issue of WUMT. Funny enough with all these their hap-hazard policies, if a thorough investigation is carried out in their institution you'll still find so MANY sharp practices they're doing with impunity.Personally i think they're getting too comfortable and i will use the power of the internet to treat their FHHUCK-UP....because their so-called policy is very discriminatory, it's a violation of client rights and an exhibition of undue influence; despite having banked with them for over 5yrs plus and transacted business in four foreign currencies including my savings and current account.Gone are the days when banks operated as if we were in the 15th or 16th century,hence While i expose their incoherent and inconsistent/discriminatory practices with the use of the new weapon of choice (the internet) for people like me (and others out there) that know their rights;that their headless management at the ilupeju branch town planning way is not worth doing business with,i'll also make SURE that all relationships built with them by me (and the people i know)are TERMINATED and all accounts moved to better competitors.This is necessitated because they may come up with another headless policy tomoro again that is GUARANTEED to frustrate the major reason why one is banking with them.
Re: GTB / Western Union by arbitrage: 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
You almost confused me with your last post. See:

No. its not that they require you have a current account with them,they want you to have "run" a current account with them for 3months consecutively....is that not absurd?

Are you saying you can run a current account with them without having a current account with them? So I think the previous guy's comment is correct that you are required to have a current account with them to receive Western Union/MoneyGram.

It's really funny for a country that does not even sends but only receives WU/MG. The banks (I think through CBN directives) increased the requirements of WU/MG not too long ago to include having account with the bank that you want to receive WU/MG from. It was not a requirement before. I would not know if current or savings account is what they were demanding then. I guess it all stemmed from curbing money laundering, drug trafficking and terrorism sponsorship policies that made all financial transactions to be monitored. They may have extended Know Your Customer (KYC) policy to the money orders too as a way to monitor who sends and receives funds worldwide. If that be the case, they should allow Nigerians to be able to send and not just receive WU/MG only henceforth, since they are demanding all our identifications.
Re: GTB / Western Union by TrickofTech: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
arbitrage: You almost confused me with your last post. See:

No. its not that they require you have a current account with them,they want you to have "run" a current account with them for 3months consecutively....is that not absurd?

Are you saying you can run a current account with them without having a current account with them? So I think the previous guy's comment is correct that you are required to have a current account with them to receive Western Union/MoneyGram.

It's really funny for a country that does not even sends but only receives WU/MG. The banks (I think through CBN directives) increased the requirements of WU/MG not too long ago to include having account with the bank that you want to receive WU/MG from. It was not a requirement before. I would not know if current or savings account is what they were demanding then. I guess it all stemmed from curbing money laundering, drug trafficking and terrorism sponsorship policies that made all financial transactions to be monitored. They may have extended Know Your Customer (KYC) policy to the money orders too as a way to monitor who sends and receives funds worldwide. If that be the case, they should allow Nigerians to be able to send and not just receive WU/MG only henceforth, since they are demanding all our identifications.

Do the other major Nigerian Banks (Access, Skye, UBA, Ecobank, Keystone etc.) demand similar conditions for a WU transfer? What I mean is...could a Nigerian walk into one of these banks, with no existing savings or current account...and withdraw a WU transfer in cash?
Re: GTB / Western Union by happyday: 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Skye is more friendly, UBA will demand that you have an account with them, same for Access.
The GT branch said the same thing to me.
Let someone else using a Skye bank account refer you and you can withdraw with them. Skye accepts Savings.
Regards.
Re: GTB / Western Union by happyday: 7:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
Skye is more friendly, UBA will demand that you have an account with them, same for Access.
The GT branch said the same thing to me.
You may not own an account @ Skye, but you need someone who does.
Let someone else using a Skye bank account refer you and you can withdraw with them. Skye accepts Savings.
Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Be Ur Guide This Season- (9jagames Online Prediction Community) / Nigerian Stock Market Turnover Declines By N32b In 5 Days / Shipping Building Materials From China. Idea Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.