Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

SHOCKER: How Ghanaian men Sell Their Fluid For over $5,000 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / SHOCKER: How Ghanaian men Sell Their Fluid For over $5,000 (860 Views)

Help - A Yelowish Fluid Coming Out Of My Penis / Question, Myths, And Answers On Seminal Fluid(sperm) / Kpomo Sellers Arrested In Sapele For Using Embalming Fluid To Fatten Kpomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKER: How Ghanaian men Sell Their Fluid For over $5,000 by Femsyn(m): 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
According to latest reports, sperm has become
one of the hottest commodities being sold in
Ghana. The target market for this new booming
venture are couples suffering from male infertility,lesbian couples, and single women who pay huge amounts of money to access it.
“Selling of sperm is gradually becoming the new
business frontier booming in Ghana because it
has many uses in today’s society: making babies,
sperm banks, and putting volume in limp hair in
order to make it long,” a medical student at the
University of Ghana Medical School, who sold
sperm five times to a Fertility Centre in Accra for
GH¢10, 000 ($5,280), told Economic Tribune
(ET).
The medical student, who gave his name only as
Mensah, said even though selling of sperm was a
risky business, it was also rewarding as well.
“I use the proceeds from this business to pay my
fees and also support my close pals. Who knows
how long I will continue? But whatever happens, I know I can look back on many happy families that I have helped to create,” he stated.
Mrs Naomi Suame, a shop owner at East Legon
and many parts of Accra, has been married for 15years and has two children, none of whom
biologically belongs to her husband.
“I discovered my husband was infertile when we
got married after two years. But I wanted to
experience motherhood. I decided to have
artificial insemination. I have never cheated on
him. I just got sperm from a willing seller and got
two healthy babies. Is that not wonderful?” she
asked.
In the case of Naomi, she got a young man from
the University of Cape Coast, paid him GH c12,000 ($6,322) and took his sperm, which she
used twice to get the babies. “Sperm is one of the scared commodities for many of us. There is a high demand for it and many young men are
going into this venture selling their sperm to help
others, who needs it for one reason or the other,”
Naomi explained.
Investigations conducted by ET revealed that due to the huge capital outlay of the process, women have now devised a way of beating the system by getting donors (spermsellers) whom they take to the Fertility Centres for harvesting at a cheaper cost and then having the sperm induced in their uteri.

dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/05/shocker-how-ghanaian-men-sell-semen-5000/

At first, I thought I should create this on the Job/vacancies section, cos of the long list of jobless Nigerians waiting to be recruited, but then again...
Re: SHOCKER: How Ghanaian men Sell Their Fluid For over $5,000 by pheyikemi: 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2012
I pity those who buy it eventually because they do not knw if d donor has a hereditary dysfunction dt may lead to a congenital anomaly in d kids born later. Smh

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: How Ghanaian men Sell Their Fluid For over $5,000 by dominique(f): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
Re: SHOCKER: How Ghanaian men Sell Their Fluid For over $5,000 by dominique(f): 6:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
whats so shocking in fluid donation welcome to the 21st century. Sperm banks have been in existinence for decades in the West. I agree with pheyikemi tho, you never can tell the health history of the donors. But $5k is a bit on the high side sha.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Insecticide Treated Nets In Large Quantity? / The COMPREHENSIVE List Of Things That Are Making You Fat Ladies! Sleeping With A / Liver Failure,causes,Symptoms, Treatment And Prevention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.