Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,463 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125221 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ektbear: 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb: Damn. I am sorry to hear that.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
@Oyb, sorry about the incident. smiley I want to know if after facing such an ordeal and you happen to catch the criminals, will you put tyres on them and light them up or you turn them to the police.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
ekt_bear: oyb: Damn. I am sorry to hear that.

thanks.

and the worst part of it is that this being nigeria practically everybody is mad at me - because in this country you cooperate with armed robbers

i am still debating with myself whether to take advice to simply move out of the house - since there are stories of robbers coming back for revenge against people foolhardy enough to stand up to them.

these are the real reasons why there is so much viciousness against people caught stealing - because we are so helpless

imagine waking up to some barely literate thugs in your bedroom, who proceed to slap you around, dispossess you of your hard earned valuables, and then debate whether to rape your daughters, wife etal

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
stillwater: @Oyb, sorry about the incident. smiley I want to know if after facing such an ordeal and you happen to catch the criminals, will you put tyres on them and light them up or you turn them to the police.

i pushed them over my balcony - obviously i wanted to kill them - my first thought when i saw them was a wish that i had a gun - i was so vexed when they fell to the ground and jumped up.

i believe a lot of these robbers are soldier pikins, which means turning them over to the police means absolutely nothing
if they don't just settle the police and turn the whole thing against you.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Truckpusher(m): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
redsun:

Does it mean you bought that?Are you in that line of thinking?Sad.The only people that deserve that can of treatment are the politicians that made the country so desperate to the point that undergraduate have become nothing less than beasts in the jungle.
my friend poverty and the lack of material things isn't an excuse to become a living problem to other innocent people in the society....i don't support jungle justice of any kind and i've been able to save three people on different occasions from being killed this way but i guess these guys met their match today.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ektbear: 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
@oyb: Is security dog not useful (German Shepherd for example)? What about getting a gun of your own?

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Elueme: 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2012
This is just wrong.. Not in this manner. The mobs had a choice. This is really sad

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by DisGuy: 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
woow sorry @oyb

You've been saying stuff about that your area for a while now

I think it's best you move, theses guys might still be let loose by the police

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by DisGuy: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
ekt_bear: @oyb: Is security dog not useful (German Shepherd for example)? What about getting a gun of your own?

undecided
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
ekt_bear: @oyb: Is security dog not useful (German Shepherd for example)? What about getting a gun of your own?

strongly considering the dog thing - problem is i have kids age 3 and 5 - have heard some horror stories about out of control dogs

as per the gun, in nigeria, legally, you can only get a double barrelled shotgun, and oddly police will advise you against it.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
OYB SO YOU VALUE MATERIAL GOODS MORE THAN YOUR LIFE ? I TROWAY SALUTE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: OYB SO YOU VALUE MATERIAL GOODS MORE THAN YOUR LIFE ? I TROWAY SALUTE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin

no, i'm just not a spinless biatch like you who will bend over for some thugs is all smiley smiley

i know the kind you are, a person who will cower and offer your wife and daughters to robbers so they don't touch you smiley smiley

not all of us are will go to our graves whimpering like beaten children smiley smiley

21 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
Dis Guy: woow sorry @oyb

You've been saying stuff about that your area for a while now

I think it's best you move, theses guys might still be let loose by the police

the crazy thing is its all over lagos this sheet is going down

apparently it may have to do with the fact that soldiers are no longer participating with police in OPMESA etal
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb:

no, i'm just not a spinless biatch like you who will bend over for some thugs is all smiley smiley

i know the kind you are, a person who will cower and offer your wife and daughters to robbers so they don't touch you smiley smiley

not all of us are will go to our graves whimpering like beaten children smiley smiley
AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SHOW FOR YOUR BRAVERY ? A NASTY GASH ON YOUR HEAD WITH MACHETE ? I TROWAY SALUTE OOOOOOOOOO BRAVE MAN grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ektbear: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb:
strongly considering the dog thing - problem is i have kids age 3 and 5 - have heard some horror stories about out of control dogs
Well, if it is a breed like german shepherd, they do quite well around children. But for the most part, you won't be letting the dog in your house anyway? It would be in a cage outside of your home...you'd just need to take it for a walk every day for exercise.

as per the gun, in nigeria, legally, you can only get a double barrelled shotgun, and oddly police will advise you against it.
Well, get the shotgun and learn how to use it. And at some point, make a decision about whether you want to get something more. My dad has one. Your security is more important than the law, imo.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by DisGuy: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb:

ypu might want to get a cage then or allow them out at night
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by tpia5: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
To think many of these armed robbers and murderers are also right here on nl and posting with impunity.

9 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
@oyb

sorry, hope you have recovered fast? these armed robbers have been terrorizing the place for some time now, you can check my blog in my signature to recount my experience. In fact a neighbor who moved in after paying 300k left after staying for 6 weeks dashing the landlord his rent due to the frequency of visits.

From what we just gathered this robbers 5 of them after robbing went to a hideout to pack the loot hoping for day to break when they will emerge from the bush and blend in like normal people but a palm wine tapper saw them and after over hearing their conversation alerted the vigilante. The aluu community of umucholu or so have been wrongly accused in the past of aiding this criminals, some even said it was the community youth. The people rose as one then went to arrest them together with the exhibits and took them to the village elders who after examining them found them guilty. It was then they were taking to the nearby burrow pit where dustbin is thrown and giving a very generous beating and later burned with fire, it appears 2 died in the course of the beating.

The tale goes that a team of police came in a van but where chased away by the community who formed a human shield and also pelted them with stones. The sister of one of the boys came around and was crying that she has been warning her brother to stay away from such bad company and that only the previous day the parents sent 60k which she gave to him. Oh well they got what they deserved and who ever says its jungle justice should have his head examined. The elders declared them guilty. This is a country where i build my house, generate my electricity, pump my water and even build my road then you talk of government. In fact i pay police monthly so that if i call within 5 minutes they should be around just in case criminals like this come my way. Anyway, typical of the situation, one of the fathers of the boy is connected and went to get JTF to come and start shooting sporadically, he later exclaimed that he gave the boy 52k earlier. It is said that JTF went away with the bodies and i wonder what for?

They were 5 in all but 1 escaped in the process of being captured by the vigilante, 1 of the 4 had done and failed the remedial programme in UNIPORT and had been hanging around the environment which is typical of most boys and girls in UNIPORT. It is not everybody you see that says he is a student of UNIPORT that is o. The other day a parent told me that he does not want his son to return to the house when it was obvious that he was going to fail out of the basic remedial program. This same guy that was buying A1 in private secondary school was scoring 144 in post utme, 136 in islt entrance exam and 29/100 in the remedial program. The remaining 3 are students but trust UNIPORT to soon go on air and declare to the whole world that those people are not their students - that is how we keep deceiving ourselves in this country.

10 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SHOW FOR YOUR BRAVERY ? A NASTY GASH ON YOUR HEAD WITH MACHETE ? I TROWAY SALUTE OOOOOOOOOO BRAVE MAN grin

did you read his last post?
his wife's and children's safety are more important to him than life. Now that is a brave man.

9 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb:

i pushed them over my balcony - obviously i wanted to kill them - my first thought when i saw them was a wish that i had a gun - i was so vexed when they fell to the ground and jumped up.

i believe a lot of these robbers are soldier pikins, which means turning them over to the police means absolutely nothing
if they don't just settle the police and turn the whole thing against you.

Wow. I feel you pain. You have every reason to claim self defence.
But I think we should be wary of people who are not victims of the incident, but volunteer and participate in jungle justice.
I see area boys taking justice in their hands when someone steals from somebody else totally.
I have also heard about men fin.gering and molesting women that committed a crime. These are just onlookers, that happened to stop by at a ruckus going on.
The thought that there are people who are ready to volunteer to kill or molest is very scary.
In a court of law, I have no idea what they can use to defend themselves but sheer depravity.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
YOU GUYS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE HANDGUNS. GET A WELDER WHO YOU KNOW AND THEN GO ON YOUTUBE AND GET INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE GLOCKS AND AMMOS. HAVE THE WELDER DO THE WORK. wink

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by basisop(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:

@Bold, I thought as much, only "these" people can do anything for money.

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/10/3-uniport-students-burnt-alive-for.html?m=1

Mumu, those guys were Ikwerre.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
tpia@:
To think many of these armed robbers and murderers are also right here on nl and posting with impunity.

indeed you are right, for those people who saw the armed robbers as they were being beaten said they used to dress very well, run their generators 24/7 in their self contained some say located in green house along that aluu-udss-omokri road, unknown to them they are men of the underworld.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Psylas(m): 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
thorlexfreezy: Na wetin gud 4 Dem b dat jare,dem go rob their fellow student come dey do big boy 4 sch. Make dem go hell fire go obtain d devil na! Mstchewww awon oloshi.
na pple like u kill dem, SAINT
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
tpia@:

this obadiah thug sounds like one

he screams depravity when his fellow robbers get their just desserts but laughs at the victims of his cohorts
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
some-girl:

did you read his last post?
his wife's and children's saftey are more important to him than life. Now that is a brave man.
OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDNT READ HIS POST. THEY SPECIFICALLY TOLD HIM WE ARE ONLY HERE FOR THE MONEY. WHAT HE DID ACTUALLY ENDANGERED THE LIVES OF HIS FAMILY. THEY WOULDA KILLED HIM AND THEN WENT ON TO HIS DAUGHTERS AND WIFE. SEE THATS THE THING WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT LIVED ABROAD BEFORE. YOU VALUE POSSESSIONS OVER YOUR LIFE. IF YOU LIVE ABROAD, THE FIRST THING THEY TELL YOU IS TO GIVE THE CRIMINALS WHAT THEY WANT BECAUSE MATERIAL GOODS CAN ALWAYS BE REPLACED BUT YOUR LIFE CANT

7 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by PatKing(f): 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb:

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb:

this obadiah Arrow sounds like one

he screams depravity when his fellow robbers get their just desserts but laughs at the victims of his cohorts
NAH I JUST THINK YOUR LIFE IS MORE VALUABLE THAN MONEY wink
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
Am short of words here, just felt like crying. Imagining how their parents will feel. Actually is a lesson to other cos livin around the campus environment u need God's protection from Thieves and Cultists.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Jisunpack: 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2012
. . .and even claiming to be the most " industrious" and hard working. smh!

My "girl friend" is always under my bed, oiled and ever ready to please me.

a mere tip-toeing around my house will make you a moving targets. The pleasure is mine cool

tpia@:
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ijawkid(m): 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
I'm so sick and tired of 9ja....

I just don't know how to define this country anymore...

Mayhem here and there...

And the rulers are just there stealing day and night.....

SMH!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Paentera(m): 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb: i live in festac and for the past 6 months there have been escalating home invasions by small boys like the ones being discussed

laptops, blackberries, jewelery

earlier in the year, they would sneak into houses in groups of two

a month or so ago, four of them came to my house - because my compound is very well illuminated, a neighbour saw them poking around, raised the alarm, and they ran away, but they still robbed someone else and got away with handbag and blackberry

a week later, they came back, 8 in number, with matchetes they went through 5 houses before they came to my house , mostly they sneaked in, woke up the occupants, take all the laptops etal, ra-pe the women or debate on it , lock them up

when they came to my house, they came through the balcony upstairs. i woke up to the sound of the thugs breaking the sliding glass door of the balcony.

i came out to confront two thugs , one weilding a machete, the other some sort of gun . the thug with the matchete was shouting what they probably teac them in armed robber school - where is the money

the guy with the matchete first slapped me in the face with the matchete , when he saw i was not willing to cooperate. i then threw the only thingi could at him - the dustbin beside me. he then hit me in the head with the matchete , with blood pouring down the side of my face , i rushed at the two thugs and knocked them off the balcony.

my wifes screams had alerted teh neighbours, and the robbers all eight of them, commenced running up and down the neighbourhood shouting like mad dogs

someone had called the police, and for once they actually showed up, but the robbers still got away

they also matcheted our security guard.

typical to naija police, the next day there was a show of arresting some locals who we were then asked to identify face to face , never mind that people have id ed thieves in the past o have the thieves tell them to their face that nothing will happen

jungle justice is inevitable in a country where the nigerian police are good for nothing and are often in league with armed robbers

the same theives raided another neighbourhood in festac a week or so ago - this time they were 16 in number, but their luck ran out as the neighbourhod abokis were on to them. four of them were caught. the locals almost burnt them alive before they handed them over to the police

violent crime has all sorts of repercussions to the victims - there's the physical trauma - i have a scar on my forehead, i needed several stitches, i cut the my feet running at the robbers and needed stitches there too - i was out of office for over a week ; for the next week everyone jumped at the slightest noise - we all had trouble sleeping, i wake up at odd hours to look outside; ditto for some of my neighbours

these boys did not wear masks, thats how bold they were. the other day i was in an eatery and i saw a boy who looked to be about the height of on of the robbers. the boy was limping. i stared at him for a very very long time. who knows? it could have been one of them.

imagine, one of the thieves who was caught said he was saving money to leave nigeia, which was why he was breaking into peoples houses to rob and r-ape. what nonsense

Ol'boy, as much as I understand your plight, but why you dey take you life play like that? What if those guys had aimed the machete at your neck? No dey try am next time o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian Yahoo Boy Who Makes N100M Every 6 Months (photo) / Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.