Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125211 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
some-girl:
^ exactly, i suspect otokx is from aluu or ikwerre.

@oyb, you do realise that the killers' esp that sweat shirt guy's hands aren't clean, right?
They have killed many times, probably ex or present criminals

keep suspecting.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by polokor60(m): 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2012
some-girl:
^ exactly, i suspect otokx is from aluu or ikwerre.

@oyb, you do realise that the killers' esp that sweat shirt guy's hands aren't clean, right?
They have killed many times, probably ex or present criminals
don't argue with him,in alakahia,when arm robbers/cultist are caught,they will invite the C.S.O of uniport before the suspects will be taken to the police station.there is more to these gruesome murders.these are students of a federal university,i think the federal government of nigeria should be petition.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2012
polokor60: don't argue with him,in alakahia,when arm robbers/cultist are caught,they will invite the C.S.O of uniport before the suspects will be taken to the police station.there is more to these gruesome murders.these are students of a federal university,i think the federal government of nigeria should be petition.

which alakahia? why invite CSO of uniport to alakahia? cso of uniport power ends inside campus, if dem catch you for alakahia na your eye you go take see your back, if dem pity you they take you straight to choba police station, guy try talk truth. You don show yourself say you be bad student naim u dey run mouth here anyhow.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Sugardiva(f): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2012
The reason why Nigeria cannot move forward is our unfortunate tendency to lend credence to the racists theory that the black race is but a part of animal kingdom. What would make anyone feel they have the right to take the life of another human being.? In such a cruel way? We have lost our humanity. We are no better than the barbarians the slave traders called us for people to do this and for people to come on here on NL and support it. Before God and in the eyes of the law the boys may be guilty of theft but the mob is guilty of murder. Which is a greater evil?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by thatchic: 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
Please send this link to http://www.cnn.com/feedback/show/?s=storyidea . The Nigerian govt will react when there is an international outrage. I don’t know these young men, but I am so devastated, even animals are not killed this way

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by polokor60(m): 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
otokx:

which alakahia? why invite CSO of uniport to alakahia? cso of uniport power ends inside campus, if dem catch you for alakahia na your eye you go take see your back, if dem pity you they take you straight to choba police station, guy try talk truth. You don show yourself say you be bad student naim u dey run mouth here anyhow.
i wanted to see that defense machanism in your next post(the reason i included alakahia in my post)thanks for the confirmation son

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
polokor60: i wanted to see that defense machanism in your next post(the reason i included alakahia in my post)thanks for the confirmation son

thanks for the confirmation pop grin
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ghettodreamz(m): 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
The video is horrible and breath taking, please don't watch if you don't have the mind/courage to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyaX6f81eb8
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
Breaking News: War Is Now Going On In PH By Students and Villagers
https://www.nairaland.com/1068003/breakin-news-war-now-going
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by obowunmi(m): 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
I said that and otokxs said nothing was going on.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by obowunmi(m): 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
obowunmi: I hear riots have started in Aluu is this true??

I don't talk am.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by mykhel995: 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
informatix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EndECCffTLA

[size=18pt]PLS. DONT CLICK ON THIS VIDEO(VIEWER DIGRESSION IS ADVICE)[/size]
I hate my people. What have you gained by posting the video now? You don't put up a video and say don't click on it, you know it's graphic then keep it off the Internet. At the very least show some respect to the people in the video, if it were your brother in that video or your friend would you still put it up?

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by realistically: 7:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
polokor60: mr advocate for jungle justice i asked you a question when you were running your mouth that these young men were the one's terrorizing aluu community,you never gave an answer to that question which was and i quote you again''WHERE THEY CAUGHT IN AN ARM ROBBERY OPERATION??WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS IN THEIR POSSESSION WHEN THEY WERE ROUNDED UP??will they have executed them brutally if these boys were indigenes of aluu community??stop spreading false information about those boys,the indigenes of aluu(majority of the youths are bloody cultists,).listen you may try to paint them as arm robbers which they are not,but deep down you know you are a bloody liar.simply admit that you could not poison minds of nairalanders against these defencelesss young men that were dastardly murdered by blood tasty vampires in human skin.i once live in ph and i know rivers state like the back of my palms and i still have younger ones and friends that are students and staff of uniport.i got those pictures of these young defenceless from a student of uniport(i was the 1st person to post them here on nairaland because i wanted everyone to get the true story of what really transpired.you are very biased in your reports and i want nairalanders to ignore these heartless soul whom might be an indigene of aluu defending his fellow savages and barbarians.
Polokor......God bless you for remembering all he said...I thought I was the only one who noticed his comments!!!
Otokx,you said am making aluu,choba and ikwerre people look bad....not my intention at all....just to let people know how it is at Uniport generally because you are making it look as if students are guilty of every crime at aluu.....my landlord was an ikwerre man,i taught children of indigenes as a home lesson teacher for years especially at aluu,while in school and after graduating,I have lots of ikwerre friends who have become like family but aluu indigenes didn't do this one right at all!!!!when they have so many bad eggs in their midst.....I repeat no group of students can Rob as far as Omuokri,Omuchiolu...rob indigenes??without an inside connection??.......lie!!!!They passed that forever bad spot where the road disconnects some communities and entered the village to Robin ikwerreland??my dear...be honest o!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by eosunde: 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
How dare you snuff a life all because he stole a laptop/handset.where they caught in the act or a set up.Those that took the laws into their hands and took this lives are even worse criminals.how can you stand to watch a man been beaten and burnt while they still live.Jesus!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by realistically: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
otokx:

there you go again?Otokx!!!!alakahia has the best community vigilante in all d communities around uniport and they were the first community to start the vigilante thing,infact in 2010 the vigilante chairman or cso of alakahia was my colleague's landlord and i spent nights there,especially anytime i wanted 2 go to upth very early in the morning..nobody has been bludgeoned to death in alakahia!!!!all the cso's(i mean vigilante chairmen) have the uniport cso's number and when the community changes cso they always introduce the new ones to the Uniport cso even sometimes to the dean of student's affairs....when a student is caught even for lateness(cos in alakahia you cant be out at a certain time at night)after asking you questions they'll warn you,even find your landlord and tell him to caution you....when a student is caught red-handedly for any heinous crime at alakahia, the school cso is always invited even if he cannot come,he'll send his boys...why are you lying Otokx?can uniport ever have enough hostels for it's students?medical hostel couldn't contain doctors when uniport had only medicine...now the school has nursing and dentistry added to the college of medicine so there are loads of medical students there even doctors working at upth...plenty!!!...(for those who don't know uniport,alakahia is the closest community to the University's teaching hospital,where almost all medicine,nursing and dentistry students live due to it's proximity to the teaching hospital)...are you saying that if something happens to a lecturer who couldn't get accommodation on campus at aluu,the school will deny him?Uniport has it's issues but dont lie like this i beg!!!!I personally had a friend who had issues at owhipa..the Uniport cso then came to owhipa....even the dean of student's affairs...far far owhipa!!!don't say what you dont know!!!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Bwave: 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
otokx:

Get the Bleep out of this space, you village boy.Poverty and squalor has turned you to an animal,I believe you must be one of those villagers and believe me nemesis will catch up with you.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ritzymercy: 8:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
May GOD 4give dese Aluu pple,cos dey will neva find peace in their land.GOD is d ultimate JUDGE

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by soundtruth(m): 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
There appears to be a disconnect between what is happening online and what is happening in the real world, people should place calls to Port Harcourt and indeed UNIPORT. It appears falsehoods and propangada have taking over and that indeed no riot whatsoever is taking or has taking place in those areas over any matter.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by sommyboy: 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2012
Am So So Ashamed I Have SEEN most post about This Issue And So poor how Peoples Mentality are, for Christ sakes where was The Laptop and Phone They stole Did Anyone ask to see That? No.. Be We All Heard Thief ahh its Good They Should die Look Every if You Watch That video And Your conscience tells you Nothing you are As wicked as the Devil Himself Lets Grow up Lets Be Civilized for Crying out loud tomorrow another could be killed just for been called a thief what Please my brothers And Sisters Lets Always See the wrong Thing And Say Its Wrong. Jesus Said :"HE WITHOUT SIN SHOULD CAST THE FIRST STONE" SO EVERY ONE LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND DOUBLE CHECK YOURSELVES
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by obowunmi(m): 11:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
If the one guy indeed borrowed someone money, people stop lending people money.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by vulpeslopez(m): 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
Guys,no kind of stealing justifies the madness I just watch,to imagine people that should have talked some senses into the evil idiots who took d laws into their hands were busy recording it.......Just realise God has left this Country caled Nigeria long long ago.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by vulpeslopez(m): 11:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
Seun,pls this is a serious issue,pls Ban any idiot that makes a stupid comments on this issue,this would happen to anybody,one wrong accusation and U r dead already before ppl realise u were innocent.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Patsey: 12:00am On Oct 08, 2012
[size=18pt]THIS IS DEFINITELY THE HEIGHT OF BARBARISM. I COULDN'T WATCH THE VIDEO, AND WE'RE CLAIMING THERE IS A GOVERNMENT IN THAT COUNTRY CALL NIGERIA[/size]
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by tpia5: 1:45am On Oct 08, 2012
is being a victim of armed robbers, protection against being lynched by a mob at some other date?

do they stop to ask if their target has ever been attacked by robbers?

what if the robbers themselves are the ones directing the mob?

do we ever stop to consider this?

jungle justice has never solved anything in nigeria!!!!!

just say its a manifestation of blood lust, especially since criminals who are more evil and devilish than anything, often do NOT get mobbed!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by decode55(m): 1:45am On Oct 08, 2012
Siena:

Petition signed.
ditto
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by tpia5: 2:00am On Oct 08, 2012
soundtruth: There appears to be a disconnect between what is happening online and what is happening in the real world, people should place calls to Port Harcourt and indeed UNIPORT. It appears falsehoods and propangada have taking over and that indeed no riot whatsoever is taking or has taking place in those areas over any matter.

are you just finding out there are sick posters on nl.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Poj1(m): 7:23am On Oct 08, 2012
Pls, Seun take this sickening video off Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 8:33am On Oct 08, 2012
otokx:

congratulations on being the first person to post the pictures of young defenceless ... you may wish to redirect your questions any and everywhere, i reported reports that armed robbers have been terrorizing aluu - if you have a problem with that too bad. You can keep keep on calling me names and all of that but truth has a way of standing tall and firm. I would love to be from Aluu and the ethnic nationality of Ikwerre, the people are very talented and hard working and their land is very green. You people can try all you want to convince all and sundry that Aluu people are blood tasty vampires in your own words but it will not work.

You are one of them. I don't know any non ikwerre person who wants to be ikwerre
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by omiboy(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2012
bashr8: indeed they deserve it but in such babaric way is disgusting they should have just shot them or something.
henry40 is a fool nd he will surely b killed dat way,,,,do u wana say u havnt taken smtin dat isn't your,,,,idiot,,,u re an animal.bastard
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by freecocoa(f): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2012
some-girl:

You are one of them. I don't know any non ikwerre person who wants to be ikwerre
I wouldn't be surprised to find out otokx is amongst the mob who killed those boys. He's too wicked.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 08, 2012
Extract from Linda Ikeji's Blog:

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Arrests made over killing of 4 UNIPORT students

(Ibim Semenitari is the Rivers State Commissioner for Information)

[b]I can confirm to you guys that the Chief of Aluu community has been arrested and is in police custody. Some people I have been in touch with got the info from the Rivers State Commissioner of Police. There are also reports that at least 12 others have been arrested and more arrests will be made in the coming days.

Meanwhile, the deputy registrar of University of Port Harcourt, Williams Modi, said the school will issue a statement once they get all the facts - I.e, the true identities of the victims and what actually transpired on the day of the reported incident.

Also, I heard that residents of the community have started fleeing the area to avoid being arrested. Please continue...

Before I broke the story on Friday, I spoke with three different UNIPORT students, one of them my cousin (he was the one who sent the story to me) and they all said the same thing. That the Aluu community said they killed these boys because they stole. I asked the students what the victims supposedly stole, and they said - the people who killed them said they stole phones and laptops. That was why I made that my headline...

But since then, we've heard different versions of what happened on that early Friday morning...different versions! Below is another one...which suggests the boys didn't steal the phones and laptop but took it by force...

At this point, I really don't care what these boys did. Not that I condone any form of crime, but there's no excuse for what the Aluu community did to these boys. No excuse! Even people that have been prosecuted for a crime and condemned to die are shown some kind of respect. These boys were treated like animals. Maybe even worse. Animals we kill for consumption are not treated like this. So we must all rise and condemn this act. This is the land that will be home to our children and children's children.

The right to life is a fundamental right!

#JusticeforAluu4
[/b]

Source: http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/10/arrest-made-over-killing-of-4-uniport.html#more
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by obowunmi(m): 11:48am On Oct 08, 2012
1. Young men, don't lend folks money.

2. The guy whom they borrowed the money should be arrested.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian Yahoo Boy Who Makes N100M Every 6 Months (photo) / Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.