Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125198 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by texazzpete(m): 5:11pm On Oct 05, 2012
http://oversabirepublic./2012/10/05/photos-viewer-discretion-is-advised-3-students-burnt-to-death-at-uniport-for-stealing/

Three boys alleged to be students of The University of Portharcourt were today burnt to death at the University premises. It was alleged that they were robbing and terrorizing other students before they were rounded up, beaten and later burnt with tyres by their fellow students.

[img]http://oversabirepublic.files./2012/10/burn-at-uniport-3.jpg?w=614[/img]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by texazzpete(m): 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
People are saying this guy was the only son of his parents.

The question is, why do we resort to jungle justice? This is barbaric in this day and age. I'm ALL for the death penalty if someone is convicted but why are people so eager to kill others without a trial?

14 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by thorlexfreezy: 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
Na wetin gud 4 Dem b dat jare,dem go rob their fellow student come dey do big boy 4 sch. Make dem go hell fire go obtain d devil na! Mstchewww awon oloshi.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by redsun(m): 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
texazzpete: People are saying this guy was the only son of his parents.

The question is, why do we resort to jungle justice? This is barbaric in this day and age. I'm ALL for the death penalty if someone is convicted but why are people so eager to kill others without a trial?

Because nigeria is literally a jungle,where hapless burglars are burnt alives,while mass mudering thieves like the politicians are honoured.

12 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by kokoA(m): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
The fact that this happened in a university campus worries me. sad sad

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2012
kokoA: The fact that this happened in a university campus worries me. sad sad
not inside but near the campus, those guys really terrorized people in the Aluu area.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by mekaboy(m): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
TO ME, ANY FORM OF PUNISHMENT JUSTIFIED FOR SOMEONE WHO TAKES WHAT BELONGS TO.ANOTHER BY FORCE.

I KNOW WE ALWAYS.BLAME THE GOVT IN NIGERIA, BUT THERE IS.NO REASON TO STEAL FROM ANYBODY.

IF YOU ARE SO HUNGRY, GO AND BEG ON.THE STREET, PEOPLE DO IT FOR A LIVING IN NIGERIA.

GO AND DO.LABOUR JOB, YOU SEE ALOT OF BUILDINGS BEING RAISED IN DIF PARTS OF NIGERIA.

DAILY PAY FOR THOSE LABOURERS IS NOT LESS THAN 1K A DAY.

IT IS SO PAINFUL FOR ANOTHER HUMAN BEING TO TAKE WHAT.YOU HAVE LABOURED FOR, JST BECAUSE THEY CAN.

IT IS BETTER THEY ARE BURNT TO DEATH.NOW, BEFORE THEY GRADUATE TO HIGH WAY ROBBERS.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by jmaine: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2012
Saddening embarassed . . . . . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Jisunpack: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
Very Good!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by redsun(m): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
I wonder which one is better,bokoharam or nigerian undergraduate? Nigeria is finished if future leaders in the institution of knowledge are as barbaric and unreasonable like that.The perpetrators should be rounded up and charge for brutal murders.

13 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
jmaine: Saddening embarassed . . . . . .

if you have experienced robbery incidents in that Aluu axis you will be on queue to give thanksgiving in church on Sunday for the death of these scape goats, hopefully their other partners in crime would have taking note and run away.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
redsun: I wonder which one is better,bokoharam or nigerian undergraduate? Nigeria is finished if future leaders in the institution of higher knowledge are as barbaric and unreasonable like that.

are you for real?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Jisunpack: 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
Three University of Port Harcourt students named Ugonna, Aladdin and Chidiaka were this morning badly beaten and burnt alive by indegenes of Aluu community for allegedly stealing phones and laptops in an off campus hostel...

@Bold, I thought as much, only "these" people can do anything for money.

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/10/3-uniport-students-burnt-alive-for.html?m=1

4 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by redsun(m): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
otokx:

are you for real?

Does it mean you bought that?Are you in that line of thinking?Sad.The only people that deserve that can of treatment are the politicians that made the country so desperate to the point that undergraduate have become nothing less than beasts in the jungle.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:59pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:

@Bold, I thought as much, only "these" people can do anything for money.

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/10/3-uniport-students-burnt-alive-for.html?m=1

you want to start a big fire here shey; anyways truth is bitter sha and facts are pretty unbiased
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
redsun:

Does it mean you bought that?Are you in that line of thinking?Sad.The only people that deserve that can of treatment are the politicians that made the country so desperate to the point that undergraduate have become nothing less than beasts in the jungle.

lets start with the petty criminals amongst us then work our way gradually up.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Sircuba: 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
May GOD rewards dem with PARADISE! R.I.P.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by redsun(m): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
otokx:

lets start with the petty criminals amongst us then work our way gradually up.

It doesnt work like that,those petty criminals are a result of the criminals on top.The cleaning should start from the top,when the top is clean,you dont need to bother cleaning the bottom.But no matter how you clean the bottom,the deluge from the top will still conterminate the bottom.

10 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
redsun:

It doesnt work like that,those petty criminals are a result of the criminals on top.The cleaning should start from the top,when the top is clean,you dont need to bother cleaning the bottom.But no matter how you clean the bottom,the deluge from the top will still conterminate the bottom.
actually you clean from the bottom up because out of the bottom comes the top

4 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
so that baby faced guy was one of those burnt alive ? chei this na wickedness sha lol. oh well, i guess the lord wanted them to go out like that
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by redsun(m): 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: actually you clean from the bottom up because out of the bottom comes the top

Not in that case.You are more like saying that babies give birth to parents.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by djeezy(m): 6:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
What the people did was jungle justice. People should learn not to take laws into their hands. The police is there and a competent court of law to try them. And moreover the crime they commited under the penal(criminal code) is not commensurate to the punishment been inflicted on the suspects. I still call them suspect because Section 36(5) CFRN 1999 provides that every person who is charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. The killing of the suspects by the people is what happens in a lawless society where, only the strong survive and people resort to jungle justice. Inasmuch as I'm not trying to justify the act of stealing, in strictu sensu am speaking on strict legality. They deserved a fair hearing which is their fundamental right. What the people did is unlawful and ultra vires.

21 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by doctokwus: 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
Rubbish country!People are here jubilating because three people av bn burnt to death for stealing mere LAPTOPS& PHONES;unbelievable.Meanwhile dey worship thieves wt mansions all around dem,driving big cars& sometimes aeroplanes while dere uptenth generation are already doomed.U pple shd go on celebrating dis kind of jungle justice,it just shows how stone aged some pple still are.What if some enemies of dis guys used d opportunity of d stealing to murder dem in cold blood?

27 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
redsun:

Not in that case.You are more like saying that babies give birth to parents.
the leaders come from the people. you have to clean the people up if you want good leaders. its common sense really. cleaning the top when the bottom is rotten is baseless. the foundation is the people.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
doctokwus: Rubbish country!People are here jubilating because three people av bn burnt to death for stealing mere LAPTOPS& PHONES;unbelievable.Meanwhile dey worship thieves wt mansions all around dem,driving big cars& sometimes aeroplanes while dere uptenth generation are already doomed.U pple shd go on celebrating dis kind of jungle justice,it just shows how stone aged some pple still are.What if some enemies of dis guys used d opportunity of d stealing to murder dem in cold blood?
i guess the lesson learnt here is dont steal from poor people because they are already full of bile.

7 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by tpia5: 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
where are they from?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Jisunpack: 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
They are from the region that can do anything for money, including selling babies, money rituals, drug dealings and called it " ingenuity".

tpia@:
where are they from?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ektbear: 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
University student turned criminal, turned burned corpse. Crazy.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Afam4eva(m): 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2012
tpia@:
where are they from?
The question should be: "Where do you want them to be from?"

12 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
i live in festac and for the past 6 months there have been escalating home invasions by small boys like the ones being discussed

laptops, blackberries, jewelery

earlier in the year, they would sneak into houses in groups of two

a month or so ago, four of them came to my house - because my compound is very well illuminated, a neighbour saw them poking around, raised the alarm, and they ran away, but they still robbed someone else and got away with handbag and blackberry

a week later, they came back, 8 in number, with matchetes they went through 5 houses before they came to my house , mostly they sneaked in, woke up the occupants, take all the laptops etal, ra-pe the women or debate on it , lock them up

when they came to my house, they came through the balcony upstairs. i woke up to the sound of the thugs breaking the sliding glass door of the balcony.

i came out to confront two thugs , one weilding a machete, the other some sort of gun . the thug with the matchete was shouting what they probably teac them in armed robber school - where is the money

the guy with the matchete first slapped me in the face with the matchete , when he saw i was not willing to cooperate. i then threw the only thingi could at him - the dustbin beside me. he then hit me in the head with the matchete , with blood pouring down the side of my face , i rushed at the two thugs and knocked them off the balcony.

my wifes screams had alerted teh neighbours, and the robbers all eight of them, commenced running up and down the neighbourhood shouting like mad dogs

someone had called the police, and for once they actually showed up, but the robbers still got away

they also matcheted our security guard.

typical to naija police, the next day there was a show of arresting some locals who we were then asked to identify face to face , never mind that people have id ed thieves in the past o have the thieves tell them to their face that nothing will happen

jungle justice is inevitable in a country where the nigerian police are good for nothing and are often in league with armed robbers

the same theives raided another neighbourhood in festac a week or so ago - this time they were 16 in number, but their luck ran out as the neighbourhod abokis were on to them. four of them were caught. the locals almost burnt them alive before they handed them over to the police

violent crime has all sorts of repercussions to the victims - there's the physical trauma - i have a scar on my forehead, i needed several stitches, i cut the my feet running at the robbers and needed stitches there too - i was out of office for over a week ; for the next week everyone jumped at the slightest noise - we all had trouble sleeping, i wake up at odd hours to look outside; ditto for some of my neighbours

these boys did not wear masks, thats how bold they were. the other day i was in an eatery and i saw a boy who looked to be about the height of on of the robbers. the boy was limping. i stared at him for a very very long time. who knows? it could have been one of them.

imagine, one of the thieves who was caught said he was saving money to leave nigeia, which was why he was breaking into peoples houses to rob and r-ape. what nonsense

33 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by polokor60(m): 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
djeezy: What the people did was jungle justice. People should learn not to take laws into their hands. The police is there and a competent court of law to try them. And moreover the crime they commited under the penal(criminal code) is not commensurate to the punishment been inflicted on the suspects. I still call them suspect because Section 36(5) CFRN 1999 provides that every person who is charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. The killing of the suspects by the people is what happens in a lawless society where, only the strong survive and people resort to jungle justice. Inasmuch as I'm not trying to justify the act of stealing, in strictu sensu am speaking on strict legality. They deserved a fair hearing which is their fundamental right. What the people did is unlawful and ultra vires.
you are right,no matter what two wrongs can never make a right.that was very barbaric,i feel so bad for the families of the deceased.this should serve as a deterent to other individuals who are criminally minded because they won't be afforded the opportunity to have a fair trial in a society where jungle justice is the order of the day. sad sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian Yahoo Boy Who Makes N100M Every 6 Months (photo) / Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Ikorodu Cult Group Kills A Rival Cult Member (Disturbing Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.