Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims (27180 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Adamo84(m): 6:29am On Oct 07, 2012
9jagobetta: clearly you people are bunch of thugs and hoodlums ur prophet groom you through his example. It is a case of muslim against non muslim otherwise the rest of the world, so whosoever perfom any act pleasant to him/her and you people fine fault in it is against your religion. Every muslim born is a potential murder...
Whats your point dude? I can feel your frustration anyway.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by crackhouse(m): 6:33am On Oct 07, 2012
wiegraf: "HIJAB IS NOT A DRESS CODE FOR CALL GIRLS& PROSTITUTES& MEAT SELLERS,IT THE DRESS CODE PIOUS,MORAL,TRUSTFUL MUSLIMA ,WHO LOVE THEIR CREATOR MORE & PROTECT ALL FROM OTHERS & GIVES ALL ONLY THEIR HUSBANDS,DON'T COMPARE A WILD VULTURES WITH INNOCENT LAMB

1.An act of obedience.
The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an: `It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).

Allah also said: 'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(S24:31).

Juyubihinna: The respected scholars from As-Salaf As-Saleh (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.

2.The Hijab is IFFAH (Modesty).

Allah (subhana wa'atala) made the adherence to the hijab a manifestation for chastity and modesty. Allah says: 'O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) over their bodies (when outdoors). That is most convenient that they should be known and not molested.' (S33:59). In the above Ayaah there is an evidence that the recognition of the apparent beauty of the woman is harmful to her. When the cause of attraction ends, the restriction is removed. This is illustrated in the case of elderly women who may have lost every aspect of attraction. Allah (swt) made it permissible for them to lay aside their outer garments and expose their faces and hands reminding, however, that is still better for them to keep their modesty.

3.The hijab is Tahara (Purity)

Allah (swt) had shown us the hikma (wisdom) behind the legislation of the hijab: `And when you ask them (the Prophet's wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and their hearts.' (S33:53).

The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked (by hijab) and thus the prevention of fitna (evil actions is very much manifested. The hijab cuts off the ill thoughts and the greed of the sick hearts:

`Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.' (S33:32)

4.The hijab is a Shield

The prophet (pbuh) said: "Allah, Most High, is Heaven, is Ha'yeii (Bashful), Sit'teer (Shielder). He loves Haya' (Bashfulness) and Sitr (Shielding; Covering)." The Prophet (pbuh) also said: "Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's house (to show off for unlawful purposes), has broken Allah's shield upon her. "The hadith demonstrates that depending upon the kind of action committed there will be either reward (if good) or punishment (if bad)."

This looks familiar. I might be seeing a pattern here

Edit: em, yeah, so this made front page. So many seem to misunderstand, acceptable considering the length and probability y'all don't show up in /religion. This is a quote (hence the whole thing is in "" ) from the comments section in the source page. Followed by my comment,
"This looks familiar. I might be seeing a pattern here"
If you don't get what I'm trying to say, well... Seriously, I even make fun of the situation just two posts above *smh*. Btw, do you believe in a god? Because odds are I think your beliefs are just as silly (just more evolved) than muslims.
And supposing these likes are from muslims (there were 33, this may reduce drastically soon considering theist indignation smiley ), it's good to know how easy it is to feed sheep what they want to hear. Manipulate from there...

abeg make i hear word.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by rushj(m): 6:41am On Oct 07, 2012
Most of u so called christains are always lukin for muslims troble and when we start our own u now say we are terrorists,violent and trouble makers call us all sort of names that were not even existed decades back. For all the comments made on this topic any retaliative comments made by a good muslims? but how many of u made the fool out of urselves? well its just a forum for literates but u guys turned it to be opposite. think what i say maybe u get a meaning out of it. ISLAM IS PEACE AND IT REMAINS THESAME FOREVER
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Remmyode(m): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28pt]The BURQA EXISTED BEFORE PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS BORN.
MUSLIMS ARE JUST FRUSTRATED TROUBLEMAKERS WHO ARE IMMATURE AND INSECURE AND STILL IN BONDAGE.[/size]

God Bless You. SERIOUS BONDAGE, INFERIORITY AND IMMATURITY.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Adamo84(m): 7:06am On Oct 07, 2012
tintingz: Lol where for aljazeera . . .according to our naija news the killers were calling out names not asking of their names and police have arrested some suspects leading to this killings confirm to be students. . .investigations still ongoing.
Let the Mofo post links of the news he quoted. Brainless hater
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Brezzybone(m): 7:10am On Oct 07, 2012
samkoro:

When all ur heart are full of hatred,wickedness,murder,mutah-islamic approved prostitution,approved wifebeating ,approved theft and lies.
Forget that guy i knw women caught stealing with their veil on, prostitutes who go to night dutie with their veils on, have seen a guy strafing a girl inside a veil all you could notice was movement and the four legs etc abeg make we hear word.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by nakash: 7:12am On Oct 07, 2012
A few weeks ago Lady Gaga was forced to cancel a sold out show in Indonesia. There was near riot by Muslims who said her dressing or lack of it is offensive. NOW when she covers up like a muslima oh my she is offending us, throw poop at her etc. And most likely she offende a imam whose words are being chorused all over here.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Skynet247(m): 7:38am On Oct 07, 2012
Am very sure...the stupid guy,who was saying its an insult to da muslim comminity...if them don in 4fadas to da 9th of in generation join,they no fit buy dat dress...and u knw wat guys...muslims are veri mumu...those who enjoy trouble are the ones who are worthless... Una don ever c dangote...the protest? He no get time 4dat trash...na da stupid poor almajarais na some idiot ones...na dm da road... Islam is just hell... Una da fit 4mohammed wea get self.contain 4hell
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 07, 2012
EVERYTHING OFFENDS MUSLIMS WHO STILL LIVE IN THE 8TH CENTURY, TOGETHER WITH ALL THE STUPID SUPERSTITIONS AND IDIONSYNCRACIES THAT TIME PERIOD ENTAILS, SOON NO ONE WILL CARE ABOUT THEM ANYMORE
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by bimstik(f): 8:33am On Oct 07, 2012
What has §ђε done №ω. So what §ђε wore ΐƨ improper? This muslims sef, Ʊ like violence.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2012
I think the problem with Muslims is their archaic belief. they still live like cave men. there are more extremists here in Manchester than in Nigeria. a lot of Arabs and Pakistanis don't allow their wives to work. they also do their ninja covering and there have been cases where families kill their daughters if they start dating oyinbo because they are infidels. these pple are crazy like that.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 07, 2012
those hijabed ladies in naija are pros in exam malpractices and prostitution.

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:48am On Oct 07, 2012
Feb. 2012 Nicki Minaj showed up on the Grammy red carpet in a red hooded gown accompanied by a man dressed as the pope. The Christians have not crucified her. What is wrong with the Muslims? Why is everything sacrilegious to them? Why are they so violent? Do people still choose to practice Islam?

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by femliany(m): 11:10am On Oct 07, 2012
MUSLIMS ARE JUST FRUSTRATED TROUBLEMAKERS WHO ARE IMMATURE AND INSECURE AND STILL IN BONDAGE.[/size]
I dey laugh ooo
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Wuvixx: 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
Cutebaby@nairaland.com:
Islam is a religion of people that r mentally weak,all they knw hw to do best is violence,a religion of violence,ma christian broday&sistas, pls no longer argue wif these guys as u can c that they r vry arrogant n neva wan2 apologise 4 d troubles they av bn causing d world@large,let them go2hell k

What do you know about Islam again? You know nothing, Islam prohibits violence and who uses violence of muslims do NOT go as their religion says.

But, anyway I just took 5 minutes to understand what you are saying, so fix your language before I fix you up right now.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by veron007: 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
I just love the commercial that I saw on the subway today "when the is conflict between the civilized man and the barbarian who will you support".

I hope nobody does not die because of it.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Awagbiji: 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2012
Islam is a modest religion and very conservative.
It is the religion practice based on God commandments and muslim ensure it is done like that.
That is why Muslims are condemned, called terrorists etc.
Christian aren't strict to bible commandments.
Those that do are called extremists etc.
There is norm to dressing by God's commandments.
If you like dress naked your reward is there here and hereafter.
You aid evil act by your act such as dressing.
Female are usually the victim of evil behaviour.
Next time don't tell us you are raped.
Modernizing, civilization are sign of end time and are agent of evil.
Mind you no religion preach modernization.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by sledge001(m): 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
why are dis pips so full of shxxt. we all know how promiscuos dis clowns are, every little tin makes dem feel insecure. if not because they don't trust themselves and lack self control why on earth wld a man let his wife dress like a masqurade with the aim of covering her beauty from others? if you're not comfortable with the things around, i strongly advice u go live in the bushes cos u definitely wld relate better with the animals....
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by sniperwolf(m): 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wearing veil is now offensive and throwing grenade isn't. These guys are just... (I reserve my comment)
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by obowunmi(m): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
imperiouxx:

I guess your insomnia is interfering with your normal brain function once more. I'm talking about you paraphrasing my statement. Who gives a damn about your post?

LooooooL - my guy - easy on the yabs na..
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by nakash: 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
Another debate that Islam is losing badly. I am chewing popcorns enjoying mac and his zealots take a beating from humans who have refused to live by 7th century rules.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by free2ryhme: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2012
shikaan: Lady Gaga’s ‘offensive’ Fashion Lady Gaga got on the Muslims nerves with her burqa
and raccoon tail outfit at London Fashion Week. A Chicago based representative of a number of Muslim
groups to the Chicago Sun Times, Said “That comes across as a clear insult to Muslims and Islam,” threaten to throw paint or feces at the star. The star’s security
tightens. Source: Short URL: http://www.faithfreedom.org/?p=43005

everything has now become offensive to moslems ...right? make una go mars to stay abi...lo
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by aurenflani: 5:19pm On Oct 07, 2012

How did you get to know that when because of your ancestors chalk faces and unclothedness europeans refered to africans as monkeys. Once a primitive progeny always a primitive shallow minded. You ppl are pathetic and hard to understand.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Zandarazanzan: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2012
YuckMouf: Who are any of you to say what is offensive to Muslims?

She would not dare walk around with a Kippah on her head while having dead rodents around her neck.

Guy, open ur eyes. Wake up from ur slumber.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Capnd143(m): 7:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
wiegraf: "HIJAB IS NOT A DRESS CODE FOR CALL GIRLS& PROSTITUTES& MEAT SELLERS,IT THE DRESS CODE PIOUS,MORAL,TRUSTFUL MUSLIMA ,WHO LOVE THEIR CREATOR MORE & PROTECT ALL FROM OTHERS & GIVES ALL ONLY THEIR HUSBANDS,DON'T COMPARE A WILD VULTURES WITH INNOCENT LAMB

1.An act of obedience.
The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an: `It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).

Allah also said: 'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(S24:31).

Juyubihinna: The respected scholars from As-Salaf As-Saleh (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.

2.The Hijab is IFFAH (Modesty).

Allah (subhana wa'atala) made the adherence to the hijab a manifestation for chastity and modesty. Allah says: 'O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) over their bodies (when outdoors). That is most convenient that they should be known and not molested.' (S33:59). In the above Ayaah there is an evidence that the recognition of the apparent beauty of the woman is harmful to her. When the cause of attraction ends, the restriction is removed. This is illustrated in the case of elderly women who may have lost every aspect of attraction. Allah (swt) made it permissible for them to lay aside their outer garments and expose their faces and hands reminding, however, that is still better for them to keep their modesty.

3.The hijab is Tahara (Purity)

Allah (swt) had shown us the hikma (wisdom) behind the legislation of the hijab: `And when you ask them (the Prophet's wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and their hearts.' (S33:53).

The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked (by hijab) and thus the prevention of fitna (evil actions is very much manifested. The hijab cuts off the ill thoughts and the greed of the sick hearts:

`Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.' (S33:32)

4.The hijab is a Shield

The prophet (pbuh) said: "Allah, Most High, is Heaven, is Ha'yeii (Bashful), Sit'teer (Shielder). He loves Haya' (Bashfulness) and Sitr (Shielding; Covering)." The Prophet (pbuh) also said: "Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's house (to show off for unlawful purposes), has broken Allah's shield upon her. "The hadith demonstrates that depending upon the kind of action committed there will be either reward (if good) or punishment (if bad)."

This looks familiar. I might be seeing a pattern here

Edit: em, yeah, so this made front page. So many seem to misunderstand, acceptable considering the length and probability y'all don't show up in /religion. This is a quote (hence the whole thing is in "" ) from the comments section in the source page. Followed by my comment,
"This looks familiar. I might be seeing a pattern here"
If you don't get what I'm trying to say, well... Seriously, I even make fun of the situation just two posts above *smh*. Btw, do you believe in a god? Because odds are I think your beliefs are just as silly (just more evolved than muslims).
And supposing these likes are from muslims (there were 33, this may reduce drastically soon considering theist indignation smiley ), it's good to know how easy it is to feed sheep what they want to hear. Manipulate from there...

Sheesh, I have to bold this so it's clear... I'm even getting muslim followers... If I had @abdulsleeks skills I'd spend the whole day trolling
Dohoohohohohoho

if person na muslim u go see am 4 typing skills! I no talk oh . . . .
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by debbyblaze: 8:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
Akshow: Whats wit these Muslims and takin everything as offensive? For Christ sake can't the Gagarous lady dress any How she so pleases? Na wa o. Time go soon come if people eat for the comfort of their room, the muslim world will be offended. Raaawbish
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by nakash: 9:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
They will get offended if you eat pork whenever wherever. Why? Prophet said its unclean 1400 years ago. I always have pork in my fridge. [quote author=debbyblaze][/quote]
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Wuvixx: 10:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
nakash: They will get offended if you eat pork whenever wherever. Why? Prophet said its unclean 1400 years ago. I always have pork in my fridge.

Dude, you are so funny that 5 people died watching your reply.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by IYANGBALI: 12:03am On Oct 08, 2012
Imagine the fooooooooooooooooooooools

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Ptolomeus(m): 12:07am On Oct 08, 2012
shikaan: spreading islamic culture? Wait is Lady gaga u want to spread islamic culture.. Did u seriously say that?

Dear Brother:
1. I wrote sarcastically. Lady Gaga I do not know ... but I'm geuro she respects Islamic culture. Possibly she respects more to Islamic culture, what Islamic culture at the time was respected the African culture .. (a good listener ..)

2. I do not understand this: whenever you open a thread about Islam, claimed to move the thread to the isam forum. Why this thread does not move to that place? Why not discuss this topic the Islamists?. Why when discussing Islam with respect, many are offended, and they claim to move the thread?.
If Lay Gaga goes naked, reciting the Quran, is something that I do not care ...
I insist ... Islamists thank Lady Gaga, as she is spreading the Islam.
my respects
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by maryswags: 6:56am On Oct 08, 2012
oga boko: she is an infidel, very soon. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Btw you are a fool! Are u not an infidel urself? Mumus wen dey hide beer inside prayer kettle. Very soon ur head! Ur name says it all self.. Bunch of frustrated idiots..
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by maryswags: 6:58am On Oct 08, 2012
YuckMouf: Lady Gaga is Sooo Lame, Muslims have a right to be Outraged.

U just won an award of the most senseless post ever! This post has been hidden..mumu square

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Ruling On A Woman Sleeping Alone, Apart From Her Husband, In A Separate Room / Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? / Woman Not Created From Her Husband's Rib

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.