Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta (16760 Views)

Rest In Peace Vivianc. / May The Soul Of My Mother Rest In Peace. / Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by topeorekoy(m): 8:17am On Oct 06, 2012
It was an emotion-laden moment Friday at the country home of the Osokogus in Boji-Boji Owa (Ika North East Local Government Area of Delta State) when late Miss Cynthia Osokogu was buried.

Cynthia, 25, who was a post-graduate student at the Nasarawa State University and daughter of a retired Major-General, was allegedly killed by her facebook friends after she was drugged and raped at a hotel in Festac Town in Lagos, last July.

As early as 8:30am, a crowd comprising family members, friends, and community leaders started streaming into the compound of the Osokogus awaiting the arrival of Cynthia’s body.

Her remains arrived at about 2.25pm and were received by her father, Major General Frank Osokogu. Cynthia’s mother, Joy was not present during the burial.

Thereafter, Reverend Father Leonard Biachi conducted a brief funeral mass, after which she was laid to rest. Tears flowed freely when the gravediggers began to hurl sand into the grave.

Her father, while fielding questions from journalist shortly after the burial said the exit of Cynthia had created a vacuum in the family that will be difficult to fill, adding that the family is optimistic of getting justice "now that the cases is in court."

He expressed appreciation to local and international media for the wide coverage and prominence that followed the murder of Cynthia, adding that it had helped to reawaken his confidence in the role of the press in the society.

[img]http://thenationonlineng.net/new/wp-content/themes/goodnews/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://thenationonlineng.net/new/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Cynthia-Buried.jpg&h=449&w=599&zc=1[/img]

http://allafrica.com/stories/201210060326.html

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
R I P Cynthia!! cry
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by CrazyMan(m): 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
Let's hope that her killers would be laid to rest the way she was in the coming weeks...

Justice must serve its course.

10 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by redcliff: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
May those guys die in prison.. They took away a damsel all in the name of self benefit.

In this case, death should be the kind of punishment that should be meted out to the culprits as against the uniport students who stole phones and were burnt.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Kslib(m): 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
R..I... P
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
RIP!!!
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by adultiph: 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
RIP.It shall never be well with your killers.They will soon join you in Jesus name.Amen
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by nass07(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
May her soul rest in peace. Her killers will never rest dead or alive!

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Airtimex(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
rip gul cry
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by gramci: 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
I feel like shooting those bast.ards
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Truckpusher(m): 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Sleep tight baby girl,the faces and the names of those that murdered you we all know.
may God grant you perfect peace in his new Jerusalem. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
What a waste.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by wrench: 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
RIP Lass ;-)
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Wadosky(m): 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
R.I.P Cynthia,am sure u r smiling down on us from heaven

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by 9ja4eva: 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
May her gentle soul Rest In Peace...
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by 299: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
RIP...and we hope justice takes it's course
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by bright007(f): 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
RIP!!!

But wait oooo...shey Cynthia na white girl or na naija girl?That pics na white girls pics ooo..
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by fankasibe: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
at last this poor girl will sleep well.....she is popularjavascript:void(0);
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Okijajuju1(m): 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
Itseems to me, you lived your life, like a candle in the wind... RIP Cynthia, your life is a lesson to others.

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by basty: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
Life is brutish and short, reason for law and justice. A soul that sinnet shall die. A hard lesson for all that, there is no friend anywhere, Jesus is all you need.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by jevic(m): 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
Sleep well
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Ariyke: 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
Rest in Peace
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Ellashow: 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
R.I.P Cynthia

Justice must prevail on those bas.tard
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
One more Soul has crossed over to Ether. RIP to the dead.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by gurujoe(m): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
cynthia, may yr soul experience endless peace in d Lord's bosom. My advice 2 dose dat ar stil alive greed, ignorant n curiosity can land us where we dnt expect. If u mst trade, trade wit consion. We hv many devils in al nooks n crannies of 9ja seekin 4 whom 2 devour

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
rest ur pretty wings,angel
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by amacastel: 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
Rip damsel I don't knw bt my hrt bleeds ur lif is so short bt memorable n a lesson 2 odas u lay ur lif 2 teach odas may d almighty grant u a space in his bosom.Amen may God grant ur family d strenght 2 bear d loss esp ur der mum whom u ar d only daughter n hop 4 omugwo
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by aryzgreat: 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
RIP, justice must follow its course!
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by sunrise4u: 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
dust to dust, ashes to ashes! Rest in peace beauty queen. Justice must be served
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by redcliff: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Okija_juju: Itseems to me, you lived your life, like a candle in the wind... RIP Cynthia, your life is a lesson to others.
Bros pls did u know her personally?
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by calabaman(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
RIP...u may be dead, but u arent forgotten! Sleep well

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta by Okijajuju1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
redcliff:
Bros pls did u know her personally?

Nope...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues / I Need A Young, Dark Skinned, Wealthy Igbo man for Marriage. / Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.