Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,844 members, 7,806,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

It Took 12years To Find Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Took 12years To Find Out (2388 Views)

See The Kind Of Picture A Guy Took With His Mom (photo) / How My Stepsister And Her Husband Tricked Me And Took Egg From My Ovaries / Meet The World's Youngest Father 12years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Took 12years To Find Out by joynoy: 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
It all started in year 2000 or should I start from 1999 when I felt I met the man of my dreams.he was nice man with a good heart,he was not rich or any of those things truth be told he was kind of up side down( ladies u know what I mean) untidy not too clean does not dress well and all, but their was something about him that made me feel all that was not important and it was just looks that can be worked on.
Any way the way the relationship was going we knew it was marriage for us,I was still in school ( last year in school) I was leaving outside the campus with my room mate it as a big hostel. The only foolish thing people would say I made was knowing he was a Muslim and still wented to marry him, well TOK( let's call him that) was not that type of a Muslim he never minded for ones that I was a christian ,he will drop me off at church and come later to pick me up. We discussed the religious issue and he said he will ask my to change.
We went over to meet his parents his dad was a nice and simply man but his MUM was another thing all together. She started asking me all this questions ( had a note book) then she asked for my mums name which I gave her with out hesitation. You see i was not brought up to know any thing about not giveing your mums name .
She never for ones gave any indication that she didn't like me. Then I. 2000 I and TOK went to the east for the first introduction. We came back started looking for our new home,got one the cost was a bit on the high side then for him so I offered to makeup for the rest since we were soon going to be husband and wife( women are ment to be helpers). The old tenant made a mess of the place TOK was busy at work I hard time on my hand to clean up and do some renovation. I called in my sisters who took time off from university to help out. Every one liked TOK so why not.
The wedding was fixed for August 2000. Made deposit for the wedding gown,the wedding plan was in full swing ,my family members home and abroad were to hard down to the east in august for the traditional wedding ,I was to go before him.me ,my sisters,my uncles wife some cousin went home to be able to buy food stuff and things that will be need for the occational. The day we were expecting my hubby and to be in laws the news came in that my hostel room was on fire
That was the beginning of the day my whole life went upside down.
To be hubby side he won't be able to come over neither was his friends or family, you cant begin to imagine how I felt my village people were busy cooking tent were put up dj was set! I called my dad and told him I hard to leave for Lagos (know one knew when,how or why I lift) dad said he would handle it. On getting to Lagos I went strength to my room saw th damage an I remember I knelt down on my kneel and thank God( in all situation give thanks) that day I knew God was with me everything in that room was burnt I had only the out fit I hard on with the ones I traveled with. The only thing that was not destroy was my credential ( how that happened I had know idea)
My room mate came back and told me that she thinks she left the ac on when Nepa took light and went to work( she does part time) she gave me any other shocking story that a friend of her that came to sleep over left her bag which they discovered had juju in it( I knew this girl too she and my room mate worked at the same place). To cut the story short the wedding was called off for know reason at all, my to be mother in law went over to his son office crying and begging people to talk to his son to leave me.asked TOK to tell me what I must have done wrong till today he never did. Went to mountain of fire for payers did the 5 days fasting then came all the attacks from his mum in a dream ( wokeup one day to find my front hair on the bed ,cant begin to tell u guys what i went thru spirittualy
Am married now to a wonderfully man whom I told my past we have tow kids can't have asked for a better man,I think God saw my hurt and now gave me him.his the love of my life treats me like a queen,takes good care of me.
everyone that knew TOK and see my husband keep saying that I should be thankful to God for not allowing me marry TOK.( Muslim family at that)

Just yesterday a friend came over to tell me why he called it off He told people that I was into juju!!!!!!!!! After 12 years I had wented a closure which he never gave. So the rumor had been on for this long that I was into that! ( the thing here was I even told him about what my room mate told me they found in the room and who it belong to) I called up my sisters and told them called my husband and also told him and asked for his permission to met with TOK to put an end to his rumor .
Made some investigation and located his office got his number ,called him and told him I was in his office he rushed over in shock luckly his big brother was around and I led it open. Of cause he denied he ever said such but kept saying he was sorry. Sorry? Know! I should be saying a big Thank you grin for believe such shit without investigating if not I won't have met the really MAN am with now.his everything a woman would ask for and more
It took 12 years to know.
My advise to ladies out there when something bad happens to you in life believe that all things work for good to those who love God.his working out something great for u.

2 Likes

Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by tpia5: 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
cant make head or tail of your story but what i gather is:

1. you are a christian who was engaged to marry a muslim guy

2. his mum didnt like you

3. he called off the wedding on the day of the ceremony

4. they said you had juju but it was your friend with the juju

5. you eventually married another guy

6. the first guy came to apologize after you tracked him down but you are over him.
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by tpia5: 11:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
She started asking me all this questions ( had a note book)

that's interesting, not sure how to view this.

then she asked for my mums name which I gave her with out hesitation. You see i was not brought up to know any thing about not giveing your mums name .

dont understand the bolded.

you dont give out your mum's name because if your mum has done anything weird in the past like use juju, it will be all over the news? In that case, almost nobody in nigeria would be married because how many homes are monogamous in that country.

and so far i'm yet to see evidence of anything like that -ie what i just mentioned as per juju use and the town trumpeters.
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by star4ever: 11:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
disjointed story.
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by xtrafly(m): 11:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
tpia@:
cant make head or tail of your story but what i gather is:

1. you are a christian who was engaged to marry a muslim guy

2. his mum didnt like you

3. he called off the wedding on the day of the ceremony

4. they said you had juju but it was your friend with the juju

5. you eventually married another guy

6. the first guy came to apologize after you tracked him down but you are over him.

You couldn't make head or tail of the story but you summarised it like it was an exam... And why pick the post in parts to analyse? Its not like its a thesis or something. grin
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by hakunajay(m): 12:23am On Oct 07, 2012
I've always said it and i will say it again... Poor spellings, shorthands, im and inappropriate slangs will only end up creating chaos in a write up. And to think the OP is a graduate baffles me...
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by slimyem: 5:58am On Oct 07, 2012
*yawns*
next please!!
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 07, 2012
Long post. I almost fell asleep reading it. The poor writing style didn't help either.
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by rodeo0070(m): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2012
!!!

Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by RoyalRoy(m): 7:49am On Oct 07, 2012
tpia@:

you dont give out your mum's name because if your mum has done anything weird in the past like use juju, it will be all over the news?

Let me help you out...what she was referring to is this.....
In some cultures, when some people want to attack you spiritually, they will need to know your mother's names (especially her maiden name) and through that they will get at you. So I guess what she meant was that she didn't know the implications of giving out her mother's full names
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2012
@op: Ur story is very interesting. I'm happy for you too smiley

This happens more often than you think.....some mothers ehn, smh!

1 Like

Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by favouredjb(f): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
your grammar get as e be grin
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
I had to read the story 5 times still yet I didn't understand the story! "Off to another thread"
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by dominique(f): 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2012
Story is too gaddem long tongue. trust the guys here will give you good advise.
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by obowunmi(m): 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
Thank you for sharing your story. God protects us.
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by tpia5: 1:54am On Oct 08, 2012
Royal Roy:

Let me help you out...what she was referring to is this.....
In some cultures, when some people want to attack you spiritually, they will need to know your mother's names (especially her maiden name) and through that they will get at you. So I guess what she meant was that she didn't know the implications of giving out her mother's full names

they can find out the mother's name from someone else.

i know she's trying to imply what you're saying, but people who launch spiritual attacks on others, use any means possible to make the person fearful, and to get at them.
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by kunlejazz(m): 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2012
berem: I had to read the story 5 times still yet I didn't understand the story! "Off to another thread"

grin funny sista
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by DukeNija(m): 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2012
Shollypopz: @op: Ur story is very interesting. I'm happy for you too smiley

This happens more often than you think.....some mothers ehn, smh!

Very Interesting Indeed.
I skimmed thru and although she had issues with spellings and conjunctions, she was trying to share her story.

'Educated people' should be wise and know when to talk and when not to.
This is not an 'English' section.

1 Like

Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
tpia@:

you dont give out your mum's name because if your mum has done anything weird in the past like use juju, it will be all over the news? In that case, almost nobody in nigeria would be married because how many homes are monogamous in that country.

and so far i'm yet to see evidence of anything like that -ie what i just mentioned as per juju use and the town trumpeters.

In order to conclusively identify anyone for further spiritual activities, the name of his mother has to be known. Like they say in Yoruba land, the mother is the owner of her child. A mother knows she gave birth to her child herself, a father can never be that certain unless he commissions a DNA test grin

If you're trying to jazz someone by using their first name - surname combination, and their Dad was actually cuckolded, they belong to another Dad biologically, then your jazz will never work, since the 'spiritual memo' is wrongly addressed. cool
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by tpia5: 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
The reason why the mother's name is emphasized is because a man may have many wives and thus your chances of getting at someone are better if you track them through the mother.

You will be able to know the number of siblings, etc, unlike if you track only through the father.

And this junk about bastards is getting annoying. I think you people need to shut the heck up and do something meaningful with your lives before your spirit begins to rain curses on you.
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2012
Why ask for truth when you know you can't handle it grin

OP was clear enough. Her MIL-to-be collected her mother's name not because she wanted to do any background check, she wanted to hex her & OP assumes she actually did.

Believe me, I've seen these things work. The human mind is unfathomable.
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by tpia5: 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
I hope you're not assuming any of this jargon fazes me?

I only pity those of you wey dey carry matter for head because i hope other people's matter wont destroy your heads.

Like i pointed out, it would be far better if you all found something meaningful to do with your lives because trust me, you dont know what you're meddling with.
Re: It Took 12years To Find Out by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 09, 2012
Tpia stop skipping your meds

I will excuse your off-topic rants & insults because am aware of your underlying mental condition.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Pictures Of A Couple Expecting Their First Baby / #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. / He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.