Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,543 members, 7,770,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:26 AM

Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks (40401 Views)

Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone / Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Photo: One Of The UNIPORT Students Killed For Stealing Phone And Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Horus(m): 4:19am On Oct 07, 2012
[size=17pt]Father of UNIPORT student lynched “for stealing phone” speaks[/size]

By News Express on 06/10/2012

He is well-to-do, a top Senior Manager at the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC), a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

He can afford to buy any type of telephone handset or laptop for any of his four sons. But this morning when Onyema Biringa (shown in photo), who is based in Port Harcourt, capital of Rivers State in South-South Nigeria, woke up, it was to prepare for the burial of his first son, Chiadikobi, who was lynched yesterday by a mob for allegedly stealing handsets and laptops.

The bereaved father, who alongside his family s still reeling from shock, is seeking divine intervention over the cruel fate that has befallen his beloved son. “I have handed over the murderers to God,” he told a relative last night.

News Express reports that Chiadikobi and two other students of the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) believed to be his friends were forcibly seized by a mob at Allu, an off campus suburb where they lived, paraded naked, mercilessly beaten to death despite passionate pleas, had their necks bedecked with used tyres preparatory to being set ablaze.

The only one to be identified, Chiadikobi’s body has been taken to his hometown, Umungwa, Obowo, in neighbouring Imo State, for burial today.

Outrage has greeted his murder and that of the other victims of the jungle justice. Writing on Facebook, one of his relatives, Okonkwo Queen, said: My eyes are filled with tears. My dear brother may your soul rest in peace.”

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=395&title=Father-of-UNIPORT-student-lynched-%E2%80%9Cfor-stealing-phone%E2%80%9D-speaks

1 Like

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by DELTABOY1: 5:11am On Oct 07, 2012
His friends should attack that community and destroy it, I know that boy cannot steal handset

2 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 07, 2012
This is unfortunate. But God knlows the true story...

2 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by ACM10: 6:14am On Oct 07, 2012
That's Nigerian justice for u. Jungle justice! Mob rule! Some of those guys may probably steal for fun as evidenced by the guy from a well-to-do family(kinda make we belong). They could hardly guage the amount of pain they inflict on the psyche of the locals; to the extent that they were willing to be filmed while committing savage acts. Too bad that they were not given the opportunity to regret their actions. Youths stay off crime!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by redsun(m): 6:24am On Oct 07, 2012
Is the university still open?In a normal world the university should have been closed by now until the crimes are solved.That is not a university for rational learning,it is a citadel of savages.And that is a reflection of nigeria as a country.

5 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 07, 2012
I hope it is possible to identify at least one person and from there pick up as many of them as possible that partook in this dastardly act. The killers are not just those that threw the stones and fitted the tyres but all of the people standing by who could have intervened and saved lives. Natural Justice from the Most High God will surely catch up with all of them.

5 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by ektbear: 7:06am On Oct 07, 2012
redsun: Is the university still open?In a normal world the university should have been closed by now until the crimes are solved.That is not a university for rational learning,it is a citadel of savages.And that is a reflection of nigeria as a country.

Is the uni the scene of the crime?

1 Like

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by redsun(m): 7:23am On Oct 07, 2012
ekt_bear:

Is the uni the scene of the crime?

Right in the heart of university community.All the perpetrators are all students,undergraduats,and even post graduates.And i wont be surprise if lecturers were involve.

1 Like

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:24am On Oct 07, 2012
it is now clear dat all the people we have watched killed by mobs are not thieves. It seems like anybody could be a victim of mob justice.

With all this deaths and murder, people in the diaspora are very happy not to ever step feet in that GOd forsaken country. Soon the whole place will be vacant because people have rather gone aboard and the others murdered.

Sick Country... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by ektbear: 7:25am On Oct 07, 2012
redsun:

Right in the heart of university community.All the perpetrators are all students,undergraduats,and even post graduates.And i wont be surprise if lecturers were involve.

The lynching happened in a suburb far away from the university, yes? So why should the university be shut down?

Moreover, what information do you have that led you to the conclusion that lecturers are involved?
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Ramcie(f): 7:27am On Oct 07, 2012
I won't take sides cos its only God that's knows what actually happened on that day but the truth remains that you casting a stone at someone you accuse of committing a crime , can you say and if possible swear that you have NEVER EVER committed any crime irrespective of how minute the said crime may be? One way or the other, we are all guilty of a crime starting from taking a piece of meat from our mothers cooking pot to spraying mummy or daddy's perfume or taking our siblings or classmates pencil or biro home, we are all GUILTY of a crime. So who are you not to forgive ? And who are you to judge and further cast a stone? May God forgive all those who took part in those boys murder cry cry .
My heart bleeds at the turn mankind is taking. cry cry . I not know them but tears still flows from my eyes whenever I remember , those pictures are still in my head . May God Almighty forgive the victims for their sins and grant them eternal rest Amin.

11 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 07, 2012
DELTA BOY: His friends should attack that community and destroy it, I know that boy cannot steal handset
when kids speak, it glares too hard.

8 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by redsun(m): 7:40am On Oct 07, 2012
ekt_bear:

The lynching happened in a suburb far away from the university, yes? So why should the university be shut down?

Moreover, what information do you have that led you to the conclusion that lecturers are involved?

Are you saying that the lynching happened in the suburd far away from the university? or you are assuming i said it?

When i mean the university community,it could mean the students hostel,cafeteria or lecture area.As regards the probability of lecturers involved,lynching is more or less a culture in nigeria,the arrays of perpetrators varies,status,qualification and sex notwithstanding.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by kokoA(m): 8:29am On Oct 07, 2012
redsun: Is the university still open?In a normal world the university should have been closed by now until the crimes are solved.That is not a university for rational learning,it is a citadel of savages.And that is a reflection of nigeria as a country.
and who told you this incident occurred in the university? A group of mob from a village tutured and killed four boys who happened to be students and you are calling for the whole school to be shutdown. How does that bring their killers to book? Some people just grab every little oppourtunity to insult Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by koolJ1(f): 8:36am On Oct 07, 2012
redsun:

Are you saying that the lynching happened in the suburd far away from the university? or you are assuming i said it?

When i mean the university community,it could mean the students hostel,cafeteria or lecture area.As regards the probability of lecturers involved,lynching is more or less a culture in nigeria,the arrays of perpetrators varies,status,qualification and sex notwithstanding.

Guy try to dey read well now. This happened far far away from the university campuS. If u read well,it happened in an 'off campus suburb' and nowhere near the university campus yet u stl dey drag. No offense meant oh buh reread well and post only wen u understand well wat u read.

seized by a mob at Allu, an off campus suburb where they lived

1 Like

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by tyson55(m): 8:50am On Oct 07, 2012
redsun:

You have been on this assertion that they were killed inside the campus on several threads. Please read well and try to understand that it happened far away from the Univerisity campus.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 07, 2012
There should be a thorough investigation. Nevertheless, young people go to university to display "swag" of different sorts including obtaining from their fellow students.

Couples of months ago, my younger sister told that the phone i bought for her was obtained by these "hard guys" on the way to her hostel. Her friends phones are victims too.

It seems, the students must have had enough and maybe their complaints to police and other respective authorities fell on deaf ears. However, orderly justice should have been undertaken instead of this. An innocent person may find himself/herself in the wrong place.

Students should concentrate on their studies and stay away from hideous acts or face the consequences for their actions.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by SlyIg(f): 9:02am On Oct 07, 2012
What would those killers use to prove in d court of law that those children are thieves. But what has stopped them from attacking those high criminals that are stealing that rights and money in the govt. I know they wont go scot free from God for shedding d blood.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2012
I couldn't even watch the video of the lynching for 10 seconds. I'd advise every parents to keep a very close eyes to their kids, and the type of friends they keep. About a month ago, about 4 kids broke into my home, and they were all so young, and so professionally brutal they gave me the beating of my life, it was one of them who pleaded with the rest they its enough and they should leave. And not in a life time would I recommend this type of justice. Even the one later caught had to be bailed by me after spending a week with the police, the same police who took 10k from me before arresting of the identified suspects. Parents should watch their children closely. Be it boys or girls. The large populace of the country are pure and totured sadists who 'd take immediate justice into their hands because of their lack of faith in the police and judicial system. My condolcences to this faither, as well as the parents of the other boys. Childrens of today need to be checked. Nigerians are getting swallowed by their pursuit for materialism, especially the youths. Please if you see him or her using something you can't afford, you have to know if she's a prostitute or a thief or a student. It all starts with the parents. Don't let society decide for your kids.

17 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by oderemo(m): 9:20am On Oct 07, 2012
isnit funny most comment here leave justice to GOD simply becos our reliance on the police cum govt. had completely broken down where by we
refused to obey common law laid down for us. in any sane society there are laid down rule of law guiding individual/societal conduct, all these are now absent in nigeria to be replaced by jungle justice.
need i say GOD know best.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by saintneo(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2012
For clarification purposes; UNIPORT is composed of three campuses - Delta Park, Choba Park and University Park(Abuja Park). These three campuses provide accommodation to students; however due to the population of student in the University, some students reside in the local villages - Choba, Aluu, and others(Rumuolu, Ozuba, Mgboba, Port Harcourt City). Aluu is completely off the University campuses. Consequently, this crime does not call for the closure of the University.

The University community should be angry about the loss of its students to jungle justice, there should be proper investigations into the allegation of robbery. The people of Aluu must fish out the perpetrators of the heinous crime of jungle justice. Jungle justice is not acceptable and will never be acceptable way of punishing criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Omen100(m): 9:31am On Oct 07, 2012
Some few years back, a childhood friend of my was murdered under this same circumstances. What happened then was that he was a member of a rival cult in the community the institution was located in the delta state and the community leaders who are the members of main cult group in the town adopted a method of eliminating their rivals, so they tagged them as armed robbers, whereby they started going from hostel to hostels to hijacking their opponents herd them for days, extracting informations from them and after which they will murder them & claimed that they are armed robbers, please also note that, I am not trying to vindicate them from their misdeeds, but then, if the authorities should investment this killings then they will uncover the hands of real perpetrators which will go a long to avoid future extra judicious killing.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by sushieater: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2012
DELTA BOY: His friends should attack that community and destroy it, I know that boy cannot steal handset
Mr Jack bauer, you can like to become his friend and attack that community alone, since you're so brave to say that..freedom of speech sha, smh!

3 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Odunnu: 9:51am On Oct 07, 2012
That his dad is rich and can afford any kinda phone isnt enough reason not to steal.
Oya, afford it na, so he doesnt steal or is your son a kleptomaniac?

3 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Callotti: 9:53am On Oct 07, 2012
Interesting to note that a handset is worth more than a human life! kiss
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 07, 2012
interesting... just wonder what height our lawlessness would hit before every Nigerian gets concerned..
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by ajetunblog(m): 9:55am On Oct 07, 2012
I have the video on my blog,some nigerians are really bad and wicked,go to google and type Ajetun blog..you will see the video on my blog
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Eaglesman(m): 9:58am On Oct 07, 2012
Are they the Only students in uniport?behind every rumour there must be an atom of truth.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by afori: 9:58am On Oct 07, 2012
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by divinelove(m): 9:59am On Oct 07, 2012
Stealing is a habit for some ppl ie is nt bc of poverty. Jungle justice holds bc of d failure of security agents to protect live n property. For me anybody caught in arm robbery/stealing/raping deserves to die. D father ve nt said much on d character of his son athough all of dt changes wen a boy joins a cult in uni.

4 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by mercato: 10:03am On Oct 07, 2012
Just got 2 see the clip. Very sad.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by shegzy4luv(m): 10:04am On Oct 07, 2012
Are we crazy Wt our useless compassion May be we go wise up afta we jam stray bullet from similar menace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thief Caught In Oyigbo After Breaking Into Church To Steal Amplifier In Rivers / Gunmen Invade Police Station In Ido-Ekiti, Kill Inspector, Empty Armoury (Pics) / Missing ABU-Zaria Student Found Dead - Babangida Ruma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.