Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,924 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

*** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** (199864 Views)

My Trip To Ireland Dublin / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by hodusglobal(m): 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Yes you can apply but the Irish authority will definitely know and they will investigate your records because Ireland and the UK share immigration records. Be honest and explain what happened. If you lie in your application to the Embassy of Ireland you will receive another ban for 5 years.
Will I explain myself through a letter while submitting the Irish visa application?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 7:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
hodusglobal:
Will I explain myself through a letter while submitting the Irish visa application?

Yes!
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Infiosa: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
Chau:
Hello all,

Please does any one have a format for sponsorship letter and do travel insurance need to be purchased for visa application?

Thanks

Travel insurance is not mandatory but you can include it if you wish to.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by hodusglobal(m): 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Yes!
Thanks!
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Chau(f): 10:34am On Nov 28, 2017
dotcomnamename or anyone please wot do u advise...my treasury bills expires by this month end...and I plan to apply for visa in three weeks time.
Considering the fact that mass payment on statement of account will look suspicious and I also have a sponsor....do I just get a tbill certificate or reinvest...the later option will mean the balance in the account won't be much. Thanks
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by nairacountry(m): 11:08am On Nov 29, 2017
Chau:
dotcomnamename or anyone please wot do u advise...my treasury bills expires by this month end...and I plan to apply for visa in three weeks time.
Considering the fact that mass payment on statement of account will look suspicious and I also have a sponsor....do I just get a tbill certificate or reinvest...the later option will mean the balance in the account won't be much. Thanks

Liquidate into your account as Bal is key (easy access to fund) and attached evidence to show the source is from TBs.
All the best

2 Likes

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Chau(f): 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
Thanks
nairacountry:

Liquidate into your account as Bal is key (easy access to fund) and attached evidence to show the source is from TBs.
All the best
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Xeedorf: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2017
Dear Sirs,
Please, I would like to make an enquiry,  how long does it take for processing Irish visa (Appeal) in Embassy-abuja.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
Xeedorf:
Dear Sirs,
Please, I would like to make an enquiry,  how long does it take for processing Irish visa (Appeal) in Embassy-abuja.

4 weeks

Visit this link and lick on '7.Visa appeals' for more information about Irish visa appeal processing https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/nigeria/our-services/visas/visas-for-ireland/
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Xeedorf: 7:53pm On Dec 07, 2017
dotcomnamename:

4 weeks

Visit this link and lick on '7.Visa appeals' for more information about Irish visa appeal processing https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/nigeria/our-services/visas/visas-for-ireland/

Thanks for your positive respond.
My is Appeal is beyond 6wks its now 7wks. I tracked it thru the carrier services but is still with the embassy my bro.
How will I go about this.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2017
Xeedorf:

Thanks for your positive respond.
My is Appeal is beyond 6wks its now 7wks. I tracked it thru the carrier services but is still with the embassy my bro.
How will I go about this.

You need to exercise some patience. Or send them an email on:

abujaembassy@dfa.ie

Explain to them that your appeal is over 6 weeks and you are yet to get a decision.

Goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by chrisokhamera(m): 12:43pm On Dec 12, 2017
Anyone in Dublin that can help secure an accommodation?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Infiosa: 9:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
dotcomnamename:

You need to exercise some patience. Or send them an email on:

abujaembassy@dfa.ie

Explain to them that your appeal is over 6 weeks and you are yet to get a decision.

Goodluck

Appeal ,for the Irish Embassy , is treated as good as uniqueness of the application. My appeal was considered within 2 days. Please be truthful and professional when sending a mail to them. In fact, I recommend you send a mail to them explaining your circumstance to them. Be truthful.!
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2017
OFFICIAL:

From 11 December 2017 the new Irish Residence Permit (IRP) has replaced the 'GNIB card'. Do not apply for an IRP until your current GNIB card expires.

The Irish Residence Permit (IRP) is your registration certificate. You will be given an IRP whenever you register with immigration. Your IRP is a very important document and you must carry it with you at all times.

The new IRP has exactly the same legal status as the old GNIB card. It does not give you any new rights or entitlements and your responsibilities stay the same.

Do not apply for a new IRP if you currently hold a valid GNIB card. Wait until your GNIB card expires (or is lost or stolen) and then apply as normal.

About the Irish Residence Permit (IRP)
An Irish Residence Permit (IRP) indicates:

That your immigration permission to stay in Ireland has been registered
The type of immigration permission you have, ie stamp number
The IRP is not an identity card. It is a registration certificate. It is not valid for any reason except to certify that you are registered with immigration in Ireland.

You must carry your IRP with you at all times and present it to an immigration officer or a member of An Garda Síochána (police) if requested. This includes whenever you leave or re-enter the country.

What an Irish Residence Permit (IRP) looks like
The Irish Residence Permit (IRP) is a credit-card sized plastic card that displays basic information about you. This includes:

Your name, photo, date of birth and registration number
A brief description of your immigration permission, including your permission stamp number
A microchip with a copy of your photo, fingerprints and personal details as above
The IRP does not give you any new rights or entitlements.

For example, an IRP does not allow you to travel to or live freely in other EU countries. All existing travel and immigration rules still apply.

It is your responsibility to check what you need to enter other countries before you travel.

Who needs an Irish Residence Permit (IRP) ?

If you are a non-EU/EEA and non-Swiss citizen and you wish to stay in Ireland for any reason for longer than 90 days, you must apply for immigration permission and (if successful) then register. If your registration is successful, you will then be issued with an Irish Residence Permit (IRP).

To register you must:

Be a non-EU/EEA and non-Swiss national
Be aged 16 or older
Go to a registration office in-person
If you wish to stay in Ireland past the expiry date on your IRP, you must apply to extend your immigration permission and renew your registration. If successful, you will be given a new IRP.

An IRP costs €300 per person every time you register and renew.

You may also have to pay for a new IRP if your current card is lost or stolen.

How Irish Residence Permits (IRP) are issued
The process for issuing Irish Residence Permits (IRP) is different if you register in Dublin or outside Dublin.

Registration in Dublin:

If your register in Dublin, the immigration officer will arrange to send your IRP to you by post.

Make sure to confirm your exact address (including Eircode) before you leave the registration office.

Your IRP should arrive within 5 to 10 working days. If it does not arrive within 10 working days, contact us.

Registration outside Dublin
If your register outside Dublin, the immigration officer will arrange a date/time for you to return to the registration office to collect your IRP.

You cannot get an IRP during your first visit to a registration office outside Dublin because parts of the process are managed centrally.

You must return to the registration office to collect your IRP.

Change or update your details:

You must contact the Irish Naturalization and Immigration Service (INIS) to update your registration information if your personal details or circumstances change, for example:

You change your home/postal address
We made an error, eg we misspelled your name
Other details change, eg you change your name/gender
In some cases, we may issue you with a new Irish Residence Permit (IRP).

You must contact the Irish Naturalization and Immigration Service (INIS) to update your registration details.

Lost or stolen Irish Residence Permit (IRP) or GNIB card
You must contact us if your Irish Residence Permit (IRP) or GNIB card is lost or stolen.

You must also contact the Irish Naturalization and Immigration Service (INIS) if you were issued with a new IRP by post in Dublin, but it did not arrive after 10 working days.

The INIS will then investigate and (if necessary) prepare a replacement for you.

For more information about this new update, click here http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/irish-residence-permit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by WESTERNCR: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2017
Hi,

Can someone who had previously overstayed in the UK for 9months in the last four years apply for Irish Visa?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
WESTERNCR:
Hi,

Can someone who had previously overstayed in the UK for 9months in the last four years apply for Irish Visa?

It depends on the information the UK Immigration hold against you when you overstay as per if they are aware of your overstay. Off-course you can apply for an Irish Visa but be rest assured that Irish embassy will contact the UK about it.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by liliberth: 9:41am On Jan 05, 2018
Xeedorf:
Dear Sirs,

Please have you gotten any response from them yet?

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Xeedorf: 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
liliberth:

Please have you gotten any response from them yet?

Kindly check below for their respond on email

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by liliberth: 5:35am On Jan 07, 2018
Xeedorf:

Kindly check below for their respond on email

Ohk thanks. Let’s wait then.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Xeedorf: 11:20am On Jan 07, 2018
liliberth:

Ohk thanks. Let’s wait then.

My brother, seems you also hv hope from them.
If so, We shall see the favour of God.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by alert20: 12:17pm On Jan 09, 2018
@dotcomenamename is it compulsory I have an invitation letter before I can apply for a tourist visa?? can't I use hotel reservation as I am not staying long and I don't have anyone to invite me or stay with in Ireland....

also what is the minimum balance do you think I should have in my account

waiting for your reply asap....
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by alert20: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2018
what's happening on this thread? I asked a question and nobody is answering... pls let's make this thread lively like the UK,us,Turkey threads...
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
alert20:
@dotcomenamename is it compulsory I have an invitation letter before I can apply for a tourist visa??
can't I use hotel reservation as I am not staying long and I don't have anyone to invite me or stay with in Ireland....
also what is the minimum balance do you think I should have in my account

waiting for your reply asap....

No it is not necessary. You can use confirmed booking of hotel for your accommodation.

Honestly, there is no fixed amount to be in your account balance that can be determined for this answer. What Visa Officer wants to know is:

(1) Whether your purpose of visit is tourism only, and whether you will be back to your home country immediately post satisfying that purpose.
(2) Whether you have roots back in Nigeria, and whether these roots will bring you back to Nigeria or not after your trip.
(3) Whether you have sufficient funds to support your trip to Ireland or not.
(4) Whether you will use your tourism visa for immigration purpose.

As long as you are being truthful to yourself and honest about your visit to Ireland by proving above mentioned points, the Visa Officer will not hesitate to approve your tourism visa. But even a small doubt and your visa will be rejected.

One way to prove these points is through your financial documents (shares, property, etc) and that is where the question of bank statement comes into picture. However, it is important to have consistency in your bank statements before applying for your visa. I have friends that presented bank statement with balance of N35,000 only and was granted Irish Visa for tourism and i have friends that presented bank statement with balance of N30 million naira and was denied. Therefore, there is no fixed amount to be in your account balance.

3 Likes

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by alert20: 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2018
@dotcomnamename thanks for the swift response bro, I understand better now.

but one more question..
I don't have any landed property, but my mom has 3 plots of land in 3 different locations but those land doesn't have c of o only agreement signed by the families of the seller...

now can I use these land papers as prove to show my ties to Nigeria as I am her only child and also my marriage certificate and my daughter's NPC birth certificate what are my chances of getting the visa cos I am applying with a virgin passport as well...
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by hpmrentals: 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2018
Pls UK denied me visa from 2009 till either 2011. About 4 times. Then Irelanf has denied me also about 2-3 Times. Last time Dublin denied me was around 2013-2014.,Last year UK issued me 6 months visa and i went and returned yhen renewed the visa last yr November to Two Years UK. So currently now i have UK two years visa. Now i want to apply again for Ireland. What are my chances anf how do i go about conviencing them? Do i use same documents as i used in UK? Please i need an urgent advice and directives. Thank u
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by alert20: 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2018
@dotcomenamename one last question ...
UK or Ireland embassy which embassy is good for a first timer to consider applying to? which one is the best in terms of given visas to virgin p.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by liliberth: 9:08am On Jan 15, 2018
So I was called this morning that they have replied my appeal. Dunno what the reply will be.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Xeedorf: 9:12am On Jan 15, 2018
liliberth:
So I was called this morning that they have replied my appeal. Dunno what the reply will be.

With private number?
Either you called to send your passport across OR you should xpt to receive your documents back soon.

Wish you best!!
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by liliberth: 10:37am On Jan 15, 2018
Xeedorf:

With private number?
Either you called to send your passport across OR you should xpt to receive your documents back soon.

Wish you best!!

Guess it’s a rejection then cos I was called by the delivery service.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by liliberth: 11:46am On Jan 15, 2018
I submitted everything that was requested for this my appeal and I was still rejected. On same grounds. Submitted land properties , bank statement, both for me and my dad and sponsorship letter yet they refused me. Why?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Xeedorf: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
liliberth:
I submitted everything that was requested for this my appeal and I was still rejected. On same grounds. Submitted land properties , bank statement, both for me and my dad and sponsorship letter yet they refused me. Why?

Ti esin badani, ama tun ngu ni.
NEVER RELENT bcoz the man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.
Try again and do more with your bankstatement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (44) (Reply)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.