Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

*** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** (199884 Views)

My Trip To Ireland Dublin / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 2:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
blessingGO:
Hello, good evening I need help pls..... I would be coming to dublin this month for my masters.... I need a link where I can book accomodation and I need information on goods I can bring in to sell that wld yield cash... I wld like to secure an accommodation in an area where nigerians reside. Thank you... I welcome ideas pls.

Your school location is at where?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by blessingGO(f): 12:07am On Jan 13, 2016
The school location is at Aungier street Dublin 2. Thank you
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 12:33am On Jan 15, 2016
blessingGO:
The school location is at Aungier street Dublin 2. Thank you

booking.com
trivago.ie
budgetplaces.com
lastminute.ie
expedia.ie
ebookers.ie
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by brightooooo: 8:07am On Jan 19, 2016
dotcomnamename:

booking.com
trivago.ie
budgetplaces.com
lastminute.ie
expedia.ie
ebookers.ie
pls is there work for student and after studying can one stay back and find a good job to do? Thanks

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hello,
I just came across this thread today, and I can say that I haven't seen a thread handled with as much maturity and purpose like this.
I have some enquiries and I hope that our informed nairalanders will oblige me.
1. I want to apply for an Irish or Canadian visa.
2. I currently work for my uncle and its a one man business, he pays me stipends, while I get commissions, its a marketing job. Due to the 'family thing', we dont deal with payslips, in fact there is no evidence of salary in my account, although I have more than 500,000/in the account. I also do not have a contract letter, although my unvle can always prepare me one. How then do I answer employment questions?
3. I do not have a sponsor in Ireland nor anybody to issue me letter of invitation. Must I have one of these?
4. How best do I apply for a long stay visa, or someone suggested I apply for a short stay, then I can renew when I get there.

I will be honoured if my questions are answered. Cc: dotcomnamename , nomadicnaija. Justwise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by switesthart(f): 9:46pm On May 09, 2016
hello dear my situation is a bit complicated. i want to apply for irish visa but the issue is that i work for a govt parastatal but as a contract staff so we are paid by hand not by goverment so i dont have any pay slips or tax clearance document. is there any other document that can serve eg bank statement.

dotcomnamename:
Hello guys,
Just to share this around for those of you that believes & keep saying that an Irish Visa is difficult to obtain at the Irish Embassy. Well, you’re very wrong because I believe that an Irish Visa is the easiest visa to obtain provided that you meet the requirements of the relevant rules.
If you have a good job in Nigeria and working full time & can boost of N700, 000 in your account, off course you can apply for a tourist visa at the Irish Embassy through the VFS. If you’re married let say never got kids, 1m to 1.3m is okay in ur account for you and ur spouse for tourist visit like 1-2 week, and don't forget to include your Marriage Certificate and your wedding pictures, , if you have children, pls include their birth cert and if possible family pictures as proof of family ties, if you have any property try include evidence of this, if you're living in a rented house, pls include your tenancy agreement, and don't forget your leave letter & introduction letter from work. If you're employed/self employed, dont forget your tax clearance cert..

If you’re a student in Nigeria and u wish to visit Ireland, you must provide evidence of this such as your Student ID.card and letter from your school stating the length of your school break holiday and the date to resume school, if someone else is sponsoring your holiday trip, then your sponsor must provide his/her bank statement showing enough balance to cover the cost of your visit to Ireland as a tourist, for example lets say your sponsor has 1m in his/her account either personal or company. If your sponsor is working, then he must provide documentary evidence that he’s working such as is pay slip, or his company registration cert etc… and a letter of sponsorship must be included and evidence of his/her relationship with you. Don’t forget that you must include confirmation of your accommodation such as your hotel reservation or any confirmation of your accommodation letter from any relative in Ireland stating that you will be adequately accommodated by him/her throughout the duration of your stay in Ireland.

Here it goes:

IF YOU SUBMIT ANY FAKE DOCUMENT FOR AN IRISH VISA, YOU WILL BE BAN FOR 5 YEARS, so please don’t even think about it.

THE EMBASSY REQUIRES A COMPLETE PHOTOCOPY SET OF ANY DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED TO THE EMBASSY. THIS INCLUDES A FULL COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT I.E. PAGES 1 – 32 .

1. ENSURE THAT YOUR BANK STATEMENTS ARE LEGIBLE TO READ AND ARE NOT IN ENVELOPES FILES AND FOLDER.

2. THE IRISH EMBASSY DO NOT ACCEPT ANY MICROFINANCE STATEMENTS AS WELL AS ANY MORTGAGE STATEMENTS.

From 25 May 2009, residents of Nigeria who wish to apply for Irish visas must apply/submit their application at the VFS application centre either in Lagos or Abuja. You can get more info here www.vfsglobal-ie-ng.com

Step 1. Once your Complete your online application form here https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/OnlineHome.aspx

Step 2. Complete your questionnaire form different from the online form, you can download it here http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/embassy/Abuja%20EM/questionnaire%202010.pdf

Visit as tourist - visa application documents required

• Fully complete the online application form, and submit your signed summary application form, photographs and fee.
• In addition to the signed summary application form, please also submit a signed letter of application

1. outlining your reason for wishing to visit Ireland,
2. giving details of any members of your family who are currently in Ireland, or any other EU State.
3. stating how long you plan to stay,
4. undertaking that you will observe the conditions of your visa, that you will not become a burden on the State, and that you will leave the State on the expiry of your permission to remain.

• Passport, valid for 6 months after your intended date of departure from the State, and copy of previous passport if applicable.
If visiting another State prior to travelling to Ireland, the relevant visa for that State must be obtained and in your passport before applying for an Irish visa

• If you have been refused a visa for any other country, details of this must be given. Submit the original letter issued to you by the authorities of that country. Concealment of visa refusals will result in your Irish visa application being refused.

• If you are resident in a country other than your country of origin, evidence of your permission to reside in that country. This permission should be valid for at least 3 months after your intended departure from Ireland.
• Where a child under the age of eighteen is travelling alone, the consent of both parents/guardians is required. If the child is travelling with one parent, the consent of the other parent is required. This signed parental consent must be accompanied by a copy of the consenting parent's passport or national identity card showing the bearer's signature.

• Where only one parent has total custody, a Court Order bestowing sole custody of this child must be shown.

Accommodation and funds

• If you intend staying in hotel, hostel or guesthouse accommodation, confirmation of your accommodation booking must be submitted.

• A detailed statement of your bank account covering a six-month period immediately prior to your visa application, and showing sufficient funds to cover your costs.

• Evidence of insurance cover will help us decide your application. If we grant you a visit you should show proof of medical/travel insurance when you arrive at the port of entry.

Evidence of your obligations to return to your country of permanent residence
• If you are employed, a letter from your employer stating how long you have been employed there, the dates you will be on annual leave from, the date you will be returning to work in that employment, and your three most recent payslips.

• If you are a student, a letter from your college stating the course you are studying, how many years you have been a student there, how many years/terms you have left at that college, and that you will be returning there following your visit to Ireland.

• Details of any family members living in your country of permanent residence. If you are married or have children under age eighteen, and your spouse or children are remaining at home, you should submit your marriage certificate and birth certificates for the children.

NOTES

Please keep copies of all documents submitted with your application. Original documents such as marriage/birth certificates will be returned to you. However, bank statements, letters of invitation etc will not be returned.

If there are specific documents that you wish to have returned to you, please submit a list of these with your application.
All letters submitted should be on official company headed paper and give full contact details for verification purposes. These must include a full postal address, name of contact, position in company, telephone number (landline) and email address where relevant. (Email addresses such as Yahoo or Hotmail are not accepted). Website address should also be included, if available.

All of the above documents must be submitted with your application
All documentation must be in English or accompanied by a notarised translation
The provision of all the documentation listed in no way guarantees that a visa will be granted
Please do not purchase travel tickets prior to a decision being made on the visa application. Doing so may lead to unnecessary additional costs in circumstances where a visa is not granted.

FOR FAMILY VISIT, pls visit here http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Short%20Stay%20Visit%20%28Family%20or%20Tourist%29

If you have any question or concerns about this, pls ask openly here, I will be happy to answer you, alternatively, Vcjustice or justwise will provide you the best they can.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 12:47am On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=switesthart post=45471890]hello dear my situation is a bit complicated. i want to apply for irish visa but the issue is that i work for a govt parastatal but as a contract staff so we are paid by hand not by goverment so i dont have any pay slips or tax clearance document. is there any other document that can serve eg bank statement.[/quote

As long as the gov parastatal can provide you with an official letter confirming that you're paid by hand (Cash), the letter should be addressed to the embassy, you should be fine.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by segee77: 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
My sister in Dublin is inviting me to spend Christmas time with her family but I have been refused UK visa before and recently I was also refused by usa, I am married with kid and I run my own business, just want to know if my refusal to UK and USA will not pose any problem, I've never apply for Irish visa before. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ramsz: 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
I ready about the trend here was so nice i have this question for you please i want to apply for Ireland Visa me and my husband we both working but they are private companies we want to come for the ST Patrick day...the question is that i have apply for USA visa once last year and i was denial but i do not know where i keep the documents they gave me for reason of denial do you think i need to say i was in USA embassy before ?I do hope to read back from you soon...
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by fallingsky(m): 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
dotcomnamename:
Hello guys,
Just to share this around for those of you that believes & keep saying that an Irish Visa is difficult to obtain at the Irish Embassy. Well, you’re very wrong because I believe that an Irish Visa is the easiest visa to obtain provided that you meet the requirements of the relevant rules.
If you have a good job in Nigeria and working full time & can boost of N700, 000 in your account, off course you can apply for a tourist visa at the Irish Embassy through the VFS. If you’re married let say never got kids, 1m to 1.3m is okay in ur account for you and ur spouse for tourist visit like 1-2 week, and don't forget to include your Marriage Certificate and your wedding pictures, , if you have children, pls include their birth cert and if possible family pictures as proof of family ties, if you have any property try include evidence of this, if you're living in a rented house, pls include your tenancy agreement, and don't forget your leave letter & introduction letter from work. If you're employed/self employed, dont forget your tax clearance cert..

If you’re a student in Nigeria and u wish to visit Ireland, you must provide evidence of this such as your Student ID.card and letter from your school stating the length of your school break holiday and the date to resume school, if someone else is sponsoring your holiday trip, then your sponsor must provide his/her bank statement showing enough balance to cover the cost of your visit to Ireland as a tourist, for example lets say your sponsor has 1m in his/her account either personal or company. If your sponsor is working, then he must provide documentary evidence that he’s working such as is pay slip, or his company registration cert etc… and a letter of sponsorship must be included and evidence of his/her relationship with you. Don’t forget that you must include confirmation of your accommodation such as your hotel reservation or any confirmation of your accommodation letter from any relative in Ireland stating that you will be adequately accommodated by him/her throughout the duration of your stay in Ireland.

Here it goes:

IF YOU SUBMIT ANY FAKE DOCUMENT FOR AN IRISH VISA, YOU WILL BE BAN FOR 5 YEARS, so please don’t even think about it.

THE EMBASSY REQUIRES A COMPLETE PHOTOCOPY SET OF ANY DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED TO THE EMBASSY. THIS INCLUDES A FULL COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT I.E. PAGES 1 – 32 .

1. ENSURE THAT YOUR BANK STATEMENTS ARE LEGIBLE TO READ AND ARE NOT IN ENVELOPES FILES AND FOLDER.

2. THE IRISH EMBASSY DO NOT ACCEPT ANY MICROFINANCE STATEMENTS AS WELL AS ANY MORTGAGE STATEMENTS.

From 25 May 2009, residents of Nigeria who wish to apply for Irish visas must apply/submit their application at the VFS application centre either in Lagos or Abuja. You can get more info here www.vfsglobal-ie-ng.com

Step 1. Once your Complete your online application form here https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/OnlineHome.aspx

Step 2. Complete your questionnaire form different from the online form, you can download it here http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/embassy/Abuja%20EM/questionnaire%202010.pdf

Visit as tourist - visa application documents required

• Fully complete the online application form, and submit your signed summary application form, photographs and fee.
• In addition to the signed summary application form, please also submit a signed letter of application

1. outlining your reason for wishing to visit Ireland,
2. giving details of any members of your family who are currently in Ireland, or any other EU State.
3. stating how long you plan to stay,
4. undertaking that you will observe the conditions of your visa, that you will not become a burden on the State, and that you will leave the State on the expiry of your permission to remain.

• Passport, valid for 6 months after your intended date of departure from the State, and copy of previous passport if applicable.
If visiting another State prior to travelling to Ireland, the relevant visa for that State must be obtained and in your passport before applying for an Irish visa

• If you have been refused a visa for any other country, details of this must be given. Submit the original letter issued to you by the authorities of that country. Concealment of visa refusals will result in your Irish visa application being refused.

• If you are resident in a country other than your country of origin, evidence of your permission to reside in that country. This permission should be valid for at least 3 months after your intended departure from Ireland.
• Where a child under the age of eighteen is travelling alone, the consent of both parents/guardians is required. If the child is travelling with one parent, the consent of the other parent is required. This signed parental consent must be accompanied by a copy of the consenting parent's passport or national identity card showing the bearer's signature.

• Where only one parent has total custody, a Court Order bestowing sole custody of this child must be shown.

Accommodation and funds

• If you intend staying in hotel, hostel or guesthouse accommodation, confirmation of your accommodation booking must be submitted.

• A detailed statement of your bank account covering a six-month period immediately prior to your visa application, and showing sufficient funds to cover your costs.

• Evidence of insurance cover will help us decide your application. If we grant you a visit you should show proof of medical/travel insurance when you arrive at the port of entry.

Evidence of your obligations to return to your country of permanent residence
• If you are employed, a letter from your employer stating how long you have been employed there, the dates you will be on annual leave from, the date you will be returning to work in that employment, and your three most recent payslips.

• If you are a student, a letter from your college stating the course you are studying, how many years you have been a student there, how many years/terms you have left at that college, and that you will be returning there following your visit to Ireland.

• Details of any family members living in your country of permanent residence. If you are married or have children under age eighteen, and your spouse or children are remaining at home, you should submit your marriage certificate and birth certificates for the children.

NOTES

Please keep copies of all documents submitted with your application. Original documents such as marriage/birth certificates will be returned to you. However, bank statements, letters of invitation etc will not be returned.

If there are specific documents that you wish to have returned to you, please submit a list of these with your application.
All letters submitted should be on official company headed paper and give full contact details for verification purposes. These must include a full postal address, name of contact, position in company, telephone number (landline) and email address where relevant. (Email addresses such as Yahoo or Hotmail are not accepted). Website address should also be included, if available.

All of the above documents must be submitted with your application
All documentation must be in English or accompanied by a notarised translation
The provision of all the documentation listed in no way guarantees that a visa will be granted
Please do not purchase travel tickets prior to a decision being made on the visa application. Doing so may lead to unnecessary additional costs in circumstances where a visa is not granted.

FOR FAMILY VISIT, pls visit here http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Short%20Stay%20Visit%20%28Family%20or%20Tourist%29

If you have any question or concerns about this, pls ask openly here, I will be happy to answer you, alternatively, Vcjustice or justwise will provide you the best they can.

Thank you.

please how long does it take to process Ireland visa when you already have a refusal from UK?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Okontami: 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
Dotcomnamename, please what is the actual wait time for a first time Irish visa applicant. How long will it take for them to respond after submission .

Thank you.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 11:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
Okontami:
Dotcomnamename, please what is the actual wait time for a first time Irish visa applicant. How long will it take for them to respond after submission .

Thank you.

About 8 weeks now
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Okontami: 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
dotcomnamename:

About 8 weeks now
Thank you very much. Does it make sense to apply when I know I have a program in just 6 weeks time? I need this advise badly.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 12:25am On Oct 10, 2016
Okontami:
Thank you very much. Does it make sense to apply when I know I have a program in just 6 weeks time? I need this advise badly.

It is better you contact the embassy in Abuja here https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/nigeria/contact-us/

Mail them and explain your situation, they will reply you.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Ovywils: 10:59am On Oct 12, 2016
I have admission for postgraduate study in Australia(can't afford the fees) and Ireland (National College of Ireland- MSc Fintech and DBS- MSc Int'l Accounting & Finance) for January start. 
I would want to know how cool Ireland is for study and work (I intend to stay back), the prospects of getting a job, if their certificates (awarded by QQI) are accepted in Australia(i intend to move after a while) and childcare.
P.s i will be going with my 1 and a half year old son.
Before you guys suggest research and writing to the schools- I have done all that. I just want other peoples experiences and opinions. 
Thanks

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Ovywils: 9:16am On Oct 13, 2016
Please help oh. . . @dotcomnamename
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 12:00pm On Oct 13, 2016
Ovywils:
I have admission for postgraduate study in Australia(can't afford the fees) and Ireland (National College of Ireland- MSc Fintech and DBS- MSc Int'l Accounting & Finance) for January start. 
I would want to know how cool Ireland is for study and work (I intend to stay back), the prospects of getting a job, if their certificates (awarded by QQI) are accepted in Australia(i intend to move after a while) and childcare.
P.s i will be going with my 1 and a half year old son.
Before you guys suggest research and writing to the schools- I have done all that. I just want other peoples experiences and opinions. 
Thanks

To study abroad with your child requires a great deal of organisation and forward planning. It is really not an easy task compare to single student, but you will need to have enough fund. I mean enough. wink

Can you still be able to work in Ireland when you graduate?

The answer is: Non-EEA graduates and postgraduates can apply for a green card or work permit under the Third Level Graduate Scheme on completion of their studies.

You may find jobs on the following websites after you graduate: www.jobs.ie , www.irishjobs.ie , www.gradireland.com , www.justlanded.ie NOTE: You must select (Ireland) on the last website.

IRELAND ECONOMY:

Following the Irish brilliant and balanced economy recovery and booming back, i think you will get a job in Ireland if you have your Green Card.

You may wish to read:

BBC- '''Irish economy will grow faster than others in 2016''' http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-35492284

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/17/news/economy/st-patricks-day-ireland-economy-china/

http://news.sky.com/story/1444877/ireland-raises-a-glass-to-economic-recovery

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/05/ireland-fastest-growing-eu-economy

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2015/03/13/qmb-ireland-pm-enda-kenny-intv.cnn

If you study in Ireland you will STUDY in one of the best education systems in the world for Higher Education Achievements

You will BENEFIT from Ireland's investment in the education system
You will CHOOSE from over 5000 internationally recognised qualifications
You will ACCESS world-class research opportunities in world-leading programmes
You will CONNECT with career opportunities with leading global companies located in Ireland
You will ACHIEVE your ambitions in Europe's most entrepreneurial country
You will JOIN the 35,000 international students from 161 countries enjoying Ireland's vibrant culture
You will LIVE in the only English speaking country in the Euro Zone (EU)
You will EXPERIENCE living in one of the friendliest and safest countries in the world

The Irish Government invests over 782 million annually in research in Ireland's higher education institutions. The impact of this funding is that Ireland's higher education institutions now lead the world in an increasing number of fields.

Irish universities are in the top 1% of research institutions in the world in terms of research impact in 19 fields, spanning natural sciences, social sciences and the humanities. This creates a unique opportunity for you at undergraduate and postgraduate level to join research programmes that are driving innovation and changing lives worldwide.

Ireland is also where some of the world’s biggest and best companies have located key, strategic research facilities. And in Ireland, you’ll find a unique ecosystem that sees academic researchers working hand-in-hand with small home-grown and start-up companies in partnership with some of the most powerful multinationals on the planet through a programme for shared research projects developed by Enterprise Ireland and IDA Ireland.

I hope this clarifies your concern?

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Ovywils: 10:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
dotcomnamename:

To study abroad with your child requires a great deal of organisation and forward planning. It is really not an easy task compare to single student, but you will need to have enough fund. I mean enough. wink

The answer is: Non-EEA graduates and postgraduates can apply for a green card or work permit under the Third Level Graduate Scheme on completion of their studies.

You may find jobs on the following websites after you graduate: www.jobs.ie , www.irishjobs.ie , www.gradireland.com , www.justlanded.ie NOTE: You must select (Ireland) on the last website.

IRELAND ECONOMY:

Following the Irish brilliant and balanced economy recovery and booming back, i think you will get a job in Ireland if you have your Green Card.

You may wish to read:

BBC- '''Irish economy will grow faster than others in 2016''' http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-35492284

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/17/news/economy/st-patricks-day-ireland-economy-china/

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2015/03/13/qmb-ireland-pm-enda-kenny-intv.cnn

If you study in Ireland you will STUDY in one of the best education systems in the world for Higher Education Achievements

You will CONNECT with career opportunities with leading global companies located in Ireland
You will JOIN the 35,000 international students from 161 countries enjoying Ireland's vibrant culture
You will EXPERIENCE living in one of the friendliest and safest countries in the world

The Irish Government invests over 782 million annually in research in Ireland's higher education institutions. The impact of this funding is that Ireland's higher education institutions now lead the world in an increasing number of fields.

Irish universities are in the top 1% of research institutions in the world in terms of research impact in 19 fields, spanning natural sciences, social sciences and the humanities. This creates a unique opportunity for you at undergraduate and postgraduate level to join research programmes that are driving innovation and changing lives worldwide.

Ireland is also where some of the world’s biggest and best companies have located key, strategic research facilities. And in Ireland, you’ll find a unique ecosystem that sees academic researchers working hand-in-hand with small home-grown and start-up companies in partnership with some of the most powerful multinationals on the planet through a programme for shared research projects developed by Enterprise Ireland and IDA Ireland.

Yes, it does. Thanks a lot.
Do you know about National College of Irelan?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Ovywils: 10:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
dotcomnamename:

IRELAND ECONOMY:

You may wish to read:

Yes, it does. Thanks a lot.
Do you know about National College of Ireland?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 7:56am On Nov 08, 2016
I got a call from Irish embassy in Abuja yesterday, the oyinbo officer told me that she's approving my father in law's visa appeal that i should tell him to forward his passport to the visa section because she already called him but baba called her yahoo yahoo and hanged the phone, I laughed ehhhh grin grin grin I called baba to tell him it was the embassy O! and they've decided to give you visa O. Baba said "haaaaaa, awon yahoo yahoo ni mope, meaning inthought its those yahoo yahoo, please tell them to call me back or they can come and see me at home tomorrow morning because its late now". Lol grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2016
dotcomnamename:
I got a call from Irish embassy in Abuja yesterday, the oyinbo officer told me that she's approving my father in law's visa appeal that i should tell him to forward his passport to the visa section because she already called him but baba called her yahoo yahoo and hanged the phone, I laughed ehhhh grin grin grin I called baba to tell him it was the embassy O! and they've decided to give you visa O. Baba said "haaaaaa, awon yahoo yahoo ni mope, meaning inthought its those yahoo yahoo, please tell them to call me back or they can come and see me at home tomorrow morning because its late now". Lol grin grin grin grin grin
This got me laughing. Your father-inlaw must be over 70 I guess.

I checked online but I couldn't find any advert that requires the service of petroleum geologist/geophysicist. I believe you will/should have a better understanding been in Ireland yourself.

Looking forward to your kind response.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2016
niyogeol:
This got me laughing. Your father-inlaw must be over 70 I guess.

Bro, what is the job prospect for one who studies M.Sc Petroleum Geoscience at UCD in Ireland? I checked online but I couldn't find any advert that requires the service of petroleum geologist/geophysicist. I believe you will/should have a better understanding been in Ireland yourself.

Looking forward to your kind response.

This should help http://www.geoscience.ie/geoscience-ireland-welcomes-action-plan-for-jobs-2016/
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Freemancharles9(m): 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
dotcomnamename:

This should help http://www.geoscience.ie/geoscience-ireland-welcomes-action-plan-for-jobs-2016/

Please Bro, i graduated from University since 2011. what does it take to process Irish working Visa from Nigeria... I have no travel history, no sponsor, no job. I'm ready to do menial job at any company that can offer me working visa...

Please help me out...
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
What an organized thread. I am impressed. Please, i got a job as a Nurse in a Nursing home in Ireland. My employer is willing to finance the travelling expense including flight ticket and accommodation. I have applied for the Atypical working scheme, awaiting approval. I am hoping to apply for type D visa once approved. Please, on a scale of 0-10, what are my chances of getting the visa? Thanks.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by worry359(m): 3:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
Freemancharles9:

Please Bro, i graduated from University since 2011. what does it take to process Irish working Visa from Nigeria... I have no travel history, no sponsor, no job. I'm ready to do menial job at any company that can offer me working visa...
Please help me out...

It would take a miracle for you to get a working visa.
No such thing as a visa for you to go there unemployed and hussle.
You must find a skilled job first with a company ready to sponsor your visa.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Missionpo: 12:05am On Nov 18, 2016
Please I need guide on how to achieve my appeal on an Irish visa refusal.

I was invited by an Irish firm for an On-site interview after scaling through three telephone job interviews. I applied for exam Visa in September but only got my application delivered yesterday with a refusal and an option to appeal which is what I want to do.

Three reasons were given for the refusal, one being that my reference in the firm did not reply their e-mail, the second is that I submitted copies of my marriage and kids birth certificate instead of the originals, the third is the most confusing and which i need clarification;

OC:- Observe the conditions of the visa; The visa sought is for a specific purpose and duration - The applicant has not satisfied the visa officer that such conditions would be observed.

I have been trying to understand what they mean by this, the only thing I can remember that might prompt this is the introductory letter from my present firm HR where she said I will be on my annual leave during the said period and will like to visit Ireland during my vacation. I do not deem it proper to inform my HR unit that I am going for another company interview as it might backfire. I work in a multinational telecom outfit.

The first reasons is sorted out because my reference got a new job and left the company so the company has issued me a new letter explaining that my reference has left their employ and giving them a contact person to get reference from. The second reason, I will include all originals as demanded. Please house I need idea on how to sort out the third reason and what they are looking out for.

Expecting any feedback as I want to send out my appeal on or before Monday next week.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 8:32am On Nov 18, 2016
Missionpo:

Please I need guide on how to achieve my appeal on an Irish visa refusal.

I was invited by an Irish firm for an On-site interview after scaling through three telephone job interviews. I applied for exam Visa in September but only got my application delivered yesterday with a refusal and an option to appeal which is what I want to do.

Three reasons were given for the refusal, one being that my reference in the firm did not reply their e-mail, the second is that I submitted copies of my marriage and kids birth certificate instead of the originals, the third is the most confusing and which i need clarification;

OC:- Observe the conditions of the visa; The visa sought is for a specific purpose and duration - The applicant has not satisfied the visa officer that such conditions would be observed.

I have been trying to understand what they mean by this, the only thing I can remember that might prompt this is the introductory letter from my present firm HR where she said I will be on my annual leave during the said period and will like to visit Ireland during my vacation. I do not deem it proper to inform my HR unit that I am going for another company interview as it might backfire. I work in a multinational telecom outfit.

The first reasons is sorted out because my reference got a new job and left the company so the company has issued me a new letter explaining that my reference has left their employ and giving them a contact person to get reference from. The second reason, I will include all originals as demanded. Please house I need idea on how to sort out the third reason and what they are looking out for.

Expecting any feedback as I want to send out my appeal on or before Monday next week.

(1) Third reason: Please prepare a ''Written undertaking confirming that you will adhere to the conditions of your visa''

(2) Get a ''Written undertaking by the Irish firm confirming that you will adhere to the conditions of your visa''.

Lastly, write a statement of purpose / why you will return to Nigeria. If possible attach evidence that you intend to return to your
country of permanent residence on expiry of your visa (obligation to return). Lodge your appeal asap.

Goodluck.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Missionpo: 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
@ dotcomnamename

Thanks, Valid point, will work with it.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by mary211: 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
Hi everyone here! I need a guidance. I'm interested in studying in itb institute of Technology, Blanchardstown. But I don't know where to start. I'm the one sponsoring myself. I need all the necessary guidance and accurate information for undergraduate level, and the application form.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by blunts007: 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
Pls house can anybody help out.my biological father is Irish while my mother is nigerian but I have lived all my life here in Nigeria. My father left Nigeria when I was 10yrs old.. And I understand his dead, I am 45yrs old now.. I want to know if I can apply for Irish passport since my father is Irish.my surname is Irish and I have been bearin my fathers name all my life .
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 8:08am On Dec 12, 2016
Hello people, for one who intend applying for a study visa, will there be need to undergo any medical test prior application? I await response from people who have been through this before.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2016
blunts007:
Pls house can anybody help out.my biological father is Irish while my mother is nigerian but I have lived all my life here in Nigeria. My father left Nigeria when I was 10yrs old.. And I understand his dead, I am 45yrs old now.. I want to know if I can apply for Irish passport since my father is Irish.my surname is Irish and I have been bearin my fathers name all my life .

You need an immigration lawyer to handle this for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.