Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" (15557 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / PDP Senatorial Candidate Blasts Tinubu, Buhari And Others / PDP Blasts Tinubu Over Market Women Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Alxmyr(m): 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ondo State governor Dr Olusegun Mimiko has described the Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola as a better administrator who has shown ‘flash of brilliance in governance’ than his predecessor and leader of Action Congress of Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. Mimiko noted that Tinubu’s 8 years in office cannot match his three and a half years as Governor of Ondo State. To him, the ‘noise’ about capturing Ondo State which he said was being better managed than any of the ACN controlled States was a dream that would fall flat on its face. According to Mimiko, those whose pedigree track records are in the public domain must tread cautiously.

His words: "In Ondo State, the ACN is not on ground and they will meet their political waterloo here. Please, ask them what are they doing in Osun that we have not done better? In any of their States, Ondo State is better managed than them. I salute Babtunde Fashola, whatever anybody may say, he has shown a flash of brilliance in governance. But the 8 years before Fashola, what did they do in Lagos?

"They used 8 years to build just one Millennium School; we in Ondo State, in just three and a half years, have built world class mega schools all over the state.

"They talked about integration, if they want to integrate the South West, is it going to be in one person’s pockets? If that is integration, then Ondo State will never be a part of such a phoney and deceitful integration.

"But if it is the integration for the development of our people; to give world class education for our people; to give world class hospitals; integration to develop our public transportation; to bring development like we are doing in Ondo State for the generality of the people; oh yes, we are for it.”

Mimiko who spoke at Okitipupa in the Southern Senatorial District of Ondo State during the rally of the Labour Party held for his second term re-election bid specifically stated that the people of Ondo State would not be part of a phoney and deceitful integration as being preached by the leadership of the ACN in the South West.

The Governor who described his achievements in the last three and a half years in office as placing the State on the path of sustainable development equally took a swipe at his predecessor in office, Dr Olusegun Agagu. He accused Agagu of surreptitiously trying to draw back the hands of progress in the State by attempting to foist his stooge on the people.

He stated that Agagu was a non-performer and challenged him to point to any major project that he did in any part of the State as proof of his much orchestrated performance.

"But if it is integration of the pockets of one person, we will not be part of it and we are aware that the Yoruba across Ondo State and in the South West know the type of integration that they want. And it is definitely not the type of integration being preached by the leadership of the ACN.”

Governor Mimiko who disclosed that he was seeking re-election based on his concrete performance while in office described his contenders to the plum office as district officers, ill-prepared and minions of godfathers out to milk the State saying:

"What I know is that those who say they want to capture Ondo State will lose their deposits in Ondo State on October 20, they will meet their political waterloo. I also know that in Ondo State, we are a proud people with a proud heritage. We shall not, I repeat, we shall not bow to any foreign god. On October 21, I shall be the governor again because on our people will vote for me based on my performance and based on the fact that they want a real Governor, not a District Officer who will repatriate our funds to their taskmasters.”

http://believeafrica.net/mimiko-blasts-tinubu-my-three-and-half-years-in-better-than-your-years-p213-1.htm

9 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Alxmyr(m): 7:53pm On Oct 07, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by jmaine: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2012
I shall be the governor again because on our people will vote for me based on my performance and based on the fact that they want a real Governor, not a District Officer who will repatriate our funds to their taskmasters.”

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Alxmyr(m): 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
Alxmyr: According to Mimiko, those whose pedigree track records are in the public domain must tread cautiously.
http://believeafrica.net/mimiko-blasts-tinubu-my-three-and-half-years-in-better-than-your-years-p213-1.htm
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by lanrefront1(m): 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
I believe what Mimiko is saying. Ondo State will be better off without a stooge of Tinubu in the saddle of power.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by holusleek(m): 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2012
i Doubt That and I stand to be corrected if iroko 3 and half yrs is better than that of tinubu,politics aside...can't stop laughing...its not just possiblE
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Alxmyr(m): 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
holusleek: i Doubt That and I stand to be corrected if iroko 3 and half yrs is better than that of tinubu,politics aside...can't stop laughing...its not just possiblE

I join you in laughing. But come to think of it, Tinubu hid his failures on his rift with FG

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Mowire: 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2012
See DREAMER! A water fountains builder comparing himself with an infrastructures builder and solid economic planner.
It will be sad if this personality is returned for 2nd term in Ondo state.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by isuomo: 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2012
Guys for the first time i think Mimiko is rattled and he might be in for a shocker in 2 weeks time. I think the tactic Akerodolu adopted is indeed working, campaigning from ward to ward and this was evident in the turnout at the 3 mega rallies particularly in Ondo Mimiko's hometown. No one should assume it will be a walk in the park for Mimiko and expect more shockers before election day.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Gaybriel: 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
Gov. MIMIKO is a very funny man. How can he compare his achievement to Tinubu's 8 years. I was in Lagos during Tinubu's tenure and I'm currently living in Akure. The truth is that if Mimiko was to be in Lagos, he can only be a local govt chairman. All what he's doing his the work of local councils. Virtually everybody in Ondo state is a graduate but no good jobs only taxi drivers and okada riders. Funny enough, they love such lifestyle. If Ondo state continues like this, I can't wait to finish my program and run back to Lagos.

9 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by benzion72(m): 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
Mimiko should tell the people is personal achievement. He should name road he constructed, the new hospital he built, the new school he built.
He should stop crying like a little baby. Tell people your achievement and let them judge you. But my travel to Ikare Akoko shows the absence of Government or responsible governance

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
holusleek: i Doubt That and I stand to be corrected if iroko 3 and half yrs is better than that of tinubu,politics aside...can't stop laughing...its not just possiblE
im not in ondo state but tinubu's eight years in office was almost a complete failure. fashola started rebuilding from Zero. 3 deputy governors in 8years. he sacked bucknor, sacked femi pedro. ensured that sarah sosan never got a second term ticket with fashola and almost sacked fashola with his controlled state house of assembly. sold nuhu ribadu and many other atrocities

6 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2012
@Gaybriel,

What Job did Tinubu create...?

Lagos has been a centre of commerce for so long.....

The statements of Mimiko gat me grin grin grin grin grin..

Good words for a dirty old man.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by noeloge: 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
[b][/b]no man we tell u that d mothers soup is salty october 20 is just 2wks away so not by political faces offs or by imported political rally makers but by real voting so until 20 let's. Keep watch
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Cmeo(m): 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
Gov. Mimiko might be right about Tinubu 8 years but one thing I don't agree with about his comment is calling Gov. Fashola of lagos "flash of Governance". I want to say if he understand governance better, he wouldn't say Gov. fashola is flash of Governance. No doubt, fashola knows the true meaning of Governance and not a flash. Take it or leave it
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by solomon111(m): 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
Every man and his dog knows that tinubu is one of worst governors in the history of Nigeria as a whole.
Only an idiottt will fault mimiko's statement.

6 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by sunky644(m): 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
Don't mind the fraudulent backstabber full of deceit we call our Governor. Because he has
1. built four Mega schools
2. one mother and child hospital
3. repainted roads constructed by Agagu
4. erected two fountains in Akure
that makes his tenure better than Tinubu's eight years abi? It's just unfortunate that his juju still works like magic that's why we still some brainwashed bloody civilians running after and supporting him.
A useless Governor who believes road construction, creation of employment, infrastructural development etc are not projects that could score him his required political point.
I am quoting his words " a single term is enough for a serious minded Governor in ondo state, whoever want to impose himself on the state under the disguise of second term is bereft of ideas and will meet shame and Waterloo at the end". This words of his in April 2007 is what I am holding on to and may it befall him.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by jacobs123(m): 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
Gaybriel: Gov. MIMIKO is a very funny man. How can he compare his achievement to Tinubu's 8 years. I was in Lagos during Tinubu's tenure and I'm currently living in Akure. The truth is that if Mimiko was to be in Lagos, he can only be a local govt chairman. All what he's doing his the work of local councils. Virtually everybody in Ondo state is a graduate but no good jobs only taxi drivers and okada riders. Funny enough, they love such lifestyle. If Ondo state continues like this, I can't wait to finish my program and run back to Lagos.

And was it Tinubu that created the jobs in Lagos? If the other states were serious especially N.Delta states many investors would have left Lagos. The jobs created by Tinubu are LASTMA, LAWMA, KAI etc. Even Marwa built MARWA MARWA gardens in less that 3 years. While I will concede that Tinubu was about the best in his class of Governors it doesn't mean he performed well given the resources at his disposal and I guess Fashola's first 3 years proved that not forgetting that Fashola's period coincided with the great RECESSION. LEKKI-EPE way has been on since 2006, not even 60% complete even with the low quality, TEJUOSHO market is still under construction.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Torch1(m): 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
On October 21, I shall bethe governor again because on our people will vote for me based on my performance and based on the fact that they want a real Governor, not a District Officer who will repatriate our funds to their taskmasters.”
speechless!

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
jacobs123:

And was it Tinubu that created the jobs in Lagos? If the other states were serious especially N.Delta states many investors would have left Lagos. The jobs created by Tinubu are LASTMA, LAWMA, KAI etc. Even Marwa built MARWA MARWA gardens in less that 3 years. While I will concede that Tinubu was about the best in his class of Governors it doesn't mean he performed well given the resources at his disposal and I guess Fashola's first 3 years proved that not forgetting that Fashola's period coincided with the great RECESSION. LEKKI-EPE way has been on since 2006, not even 60% complete even with the low quality, TEJUOSHO market is still under construction.
i feel so sad about tejuosho market. i did 2 valuations on the market last year claiming the market would be delivered by december 2011. almost ayr later same situation and pple have made payment through first bank. 6million naira for 25 yr lease of a shop of 9 square metres
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by bashydemy(m): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
Where is that stupid Mimiko when Tinubu Running Lagos state and its 40 Local Government Council without getting any money from FG for months. He better keep his mouth Shut.. I know Mimiko like io know the back of my Palm. I know his Family house in Esso in Ondo town. I know his Hospital very close to Akure Garage. so he should shut up. I live in ondo town for good 4 year from 1998 to 2002 and have been in Lagos since then i swear i miss road the first day i step my feet on the soil of Lagos and i praise Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by otss(m): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
Who says mimikomi i nt trying? But i remenba 3 yrs ago wen he was being anointed public by one pastor like dix, we all tot that our pain, sorrow, agony, poverty, oppression nd depression is ov but, we neva knw dat agagu is a saint compare to d one whu call himsef iroko. Mimiko isn't duing wat he promised nd so doesn't 2nd term. Did i hear u say 2nd term! only a disturbd traumatized minded citizen of ondo will 4ote for mr iroko. Well u av ur right to 4ote whueva but mimiko has failed nd betray d living and our ancestors. Dat man iroko needs 4giveness or else, he may...

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by emiye(m): 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2012

Fashola era was when all the seized Lagos State allocation of close to 2 years was released , he had so much to spend than his predecessor Tinubu. Please take note. Additionally the incoming Yaradua administration paid for some federal govt roads that were constructed by tinubu. that accounted largely for the "huge construction site", Lagos was turned in to when Fashola took over.

Tinubu was a master strategist, the BRT was Tinubus idea, the millennium schools, the PSP in waste management and many other laudable initiatives, the first power plant was conceived by him as at 2000,and constructed as at 2001, but the FG led by Obasanjo did not want him to shine, and played lots of politics to undermine his performance in several ways in the name of capturing Lagos by do or die

6 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by gen2briz(m): 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
I KNOW THAT THE ACN MEGA RALLY WILL SURELY GIVE MIMIKO HIGH BP.... NOW SEE WHAT HE`S SAYING. LET HIM TELL THE WHOLE ONDO STATE PEOPLE THE PURPOSE OF BORROWING #50B
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by walygy(m): 9:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
toba: im not in ondo state but tinubu's eight years in office was almost a complete failure. fashola started rebuilding from Zero. 3 deputy governors in 8years. he sacked bucknor, sacked femi pedro. ensured that sarah sosan never got a second term ticket with fashola and almost sacked fashola with his controlled state house of assembly. sold nuhu ribadu and many other atrocities
I can see tht u are on of those nigerians in nairaland that doesn't have any basic instinct and doesn't know anything about governance how on earth can u compare mimiko with tinubu,you never been to ondo state in your life and u read the edge of a newspaper or see post ppl post and just jump into conclusion cause u hate someone pls try to learn you are one of those youth tht doesn't have any thinking,ppl don't knw mimiko is the worst ever governor in ondo even agagu far better than him,this is a man tht doesn't have any achievement in governance ,I mean what the masses need. Like good roads,regular salary,development in the community and others I can say it with both mouth nothing have been done to ondo oh I forget he did bus stops and for tinubu this is a man thty run a government as large as lagos without receiving revenue mimiko is a dreamer and a lier

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by walygy(m): 9:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
solomon111: Every man and his dog knows that tinubu is one of worst governors in the history of Nigeria as a whole.
trocities[/quote]
I can see tht u are on of those nigerians in nairaland that doesn't have any basic instinct and doesn't know anything about governance how on earth can u compare mimiko with tinubu,you never been to ondo state in your life and u read the edge of a newspaper or see post ppl post and just jump into conclusion cause u hate someone pls try to learn you are one of those youth tht doesn't have any thinking,ppl don't knw mimiko is the worst ever governor in ondo even agagu far better than him,this is a man tht doesn't have any achievement in governance ,I mean what the masses need. Like good roads,regular salary,development in the community and others I can say it with both mouth nothing have been done to ondo oh I forget he did bus stops and for tinubu this is a man thty run a government as large as lagos without receiving revenue mimiko is a dreamer and a lier
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Eziachi: 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2012
toba: im not in ondo state but tinubu's eight years in office was almost a complete failure. fashola started rebuilding from Zero. 3 deputy governors in 8years. he sacked bucknor, sacked femi pedro. ensured that sarah sosan never got a second term ticket with fashola and almost sacked fashola with his controlled state house of assembly. sold nuhu ribadu and many other atrocities
Tinubu took over the wrought left by the junta guys.
Without his foundation, Fashola cannot build the house, that is the way I sees it.
Mimiko should stop ranting about Tinubu all the time. You will think he is contesting against Tinubu in this election.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Gaybriel: 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
acidosis™:
@Gaybriel,

What Job did Tinubu create...?

Lagos has been a centre of commerce for so long.....

The statements of Mimiko gat me grin grin grin grin grin..

Good words for a dirty old man.. grin grin
i'm not a politician but i can tell you with confidence that Tinubu invested more in Education. Paid STUDENTS NECO FEES and started Spelling Bees competition. He gave out free eye glasses to the old. Pls tell me about Mimiko's
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by derbywarls(m): 10:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
Mimiko is the worst gov ondo state ever had.I live in ondo state and I knw wots goin on.this man met 38b in the treasury of the state,20b in various minitries,collected over 600b as allocation in the last 3yrs,pocketed the lG allocations,borrowed 50b naira in the capital market.and all he could show is fountains,markets,town halls,and one glorified maternity centre.any gov seeking for second term is bereft of ideas and will definitely meet his waterloo.the pple has decided.change is inevitable
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by horlatunde(m): 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
Alxmyr:

I join you in laughing. But come to think of it, Tinubu hid his failures on his rift with FG
tinubu's administration is far better off than dat of mimiko.. The 25billion IGR fashola is enjoying is d achievement of tinubu, he also govern the state without FG allocation.. Fashola only came in to enjoy what tinubu has prepared. The 25billion monthly IGR and d FG allowance dat OBJ didn't pay was all given to fashola.. Mimiko cannot govern without FG allowance 4 two months.. Tinubu no be mimiko mate.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Gaybriel: 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
solomon111: Every man and his dog knows that tinubu is one of worst governors in the history of Nigeria as a whole.
is your name not solomon? Why aren't you living up to the expectation of your name? I just finished watching mimiko's campaign on OSRC, all i could hear was he did basic health in this place, he did basic health in that place.. I challenge you, mention 4 commissioners in Ondo state under Mimiko and how'll mention 5 under Tinubu.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2012
I don't want to know who performed better or not..!
Ok..inasmuch as i agree with mimiko about wat he said of tinubu, i'd still say mimiko himself aint any better.
Infact when will nigerian politicians learn to stop playing lame politics?! He's really using cheap means to gain popularity from the people..but i'd say he'd soon be in for a shocker! undecided
#I'm really trying to remember when and why governance (serving d people for goodness sake!) became competition.
Dis people are starting to piss me off! Gosh.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Spend ₦3bn To Acquire & Renovate 4 Properties Forfeited To EFCC In Abuja / Judith Amaechi Commiserates With Patience Jonathan Over Death Of Her Mum / FG Approves $2 Billion For First Phase Of $4.6 Billion Ibom Deep Seaport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.