Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Proof That Catholics Worship Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof That Catholics Worship Mary (6424 Views)

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? / Why Do Catholics Worship Mary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by akon4u: 4:51am On Oct 08, 2012
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." —Isaiah 42:8

There is not a more damnable doctrine in Roman Catholicism than the teachings of Our Lady of Fatima. Roman Catholic officials claim that a supernatural event occurred in 1917 in which the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared repeatedly to 3 little children in Fatima, Portugal. Supposedly, the Virgin Mary gave a message to the 3 children—Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco—consisting of an alleged number of precise predictions, requests, warnings and promises concerning the Catholic faith. An "apparition" means "the unexpected or unusual appearance of a ghostly figure."

The 5th of the 15 promises made by Our Lady of Fatima concerning the Rosary is so blasphemous that it is unmistakable, clear, proof, that Catholics do indeed worship Mary (which is sinful idolatry). Here's the 5th promise...

The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish. —SOURCE

Blasphemy!!! You cannot show me even one Scripture from the Word of God where we are told to trust in Mary, by reciting the Rosary to be saved. In fact, the word "Rosary" is NOT a Bible term. The Rosary is straight out of the pits of Hell. Jesus condemned vain repetition in Matthew 6:7. According to Our Lady of Fatima (whose teachings are officially sanctioned by the Vatican), a person can obtain eternal life through Mary by reciting the Rosary. In sharp contrast, Jesus Christ proclaimed in John 14:6... "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." How could Catholics be so arrogant, so blind, and so apostate as to believe that salvation is found in Mary? I tell you, Catholicism is of the Devil.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with Mary. None of the Apostles ever mentioned Mary in their Epistles. Jesus never directed us to recognize Mary. In fact, the Bible clearly states in Matthew 11:11 that there has never been a child born amongst women greater than John the Baptist. And no wonder, because John the Baptist prepared the people for the coming of the Savior—Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God which taketh away the sins of the world (John 1:29). Yet, Catholics sinfully worship Mary, bowing to her statue as if she's a god. Unbelievably, during one rosary recital (a chaplet), a Catholic will recite 53 hail Marys! Each "Hail Mary" recital is 42 words long. 42 x 53 = 2,226 words just praising Mary! The devout Catholic who prays the rosary every day will praise Mary with 812,490 words in a year's time. That is idolatry! Again, Our Lady of Fatima said...

The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish. —SOURCE

That's a BIG LIE!!! The Vatican has a lot of explaining to do, because something smells very rotten. One of the most unholy groups in this world is the Holy See, i.e., Catholic leadership. They wrote the book on self-righteousness. No devout Catholic dare deny the promises of Our Lady of Fatima, i.e., their Blessed Virgin Mary. The Catholic Mary (which is nowhere even close to the Biblical Mary) claims to have the power to save those who recite the Rosary. No wonder Catholicism's Mary is often referred to as The Great LovePeddler. Catholics have mutated Jesus' earthly mother into a two-headed, fire-breathing, demonic, monster.

The Biblical Mary was a horrible sinner (James 2:10), who needed a Savior (Luke 1:47), and told others to do what Jesus commanded (John 2:5). The Biblical Mary was not a Perpetual Virgin (Matthew 13:55-56), was not Immaculately Conceived (Romans 3:23), wasn't Bodily Assumed into Heaven (Hebrews 9:27), and she doesn't intercede on our behalf (1st Timothy 2:5... "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"wink. The Blessed Virgin Mary of the Catholic religion is straight from Hell.

Oh! Listen my friend, the Catholic Church is a prisonhouse of religion! Catholics have churchianity without Christianity, and religion without truth. From the cradle to the casket, the Catholic Church offers people a package deal; but it's a guaranteed road straight into the depths of Hellfire and damnation. In Luke 17:21, Jesus stated that the Kingdom of God is within you; not within a religious organization. Many people want an organized religion that allows them to touch, taste, see, and feel what they're trusting in for eternal life. However, true salvation, which is obtained only by faith in Christ Jesus, is of the heart (Romans 10:10).

3 Likes

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by Callotti: 5:06am On Oct 08, 2012
They do not worship MARY. . .they only honor her.
Don't ask me why sha. kiss
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by k2039: 7:28am On Oct 08, 2012
[size=13pt]@OP this wont end well.
Viewing from the sidelines
[/size]
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 8:05am On Oct 08, 2012
Lol...it won't really end well....

They worship mary,worship Jesus and then forget about Yahweh........

SMH....!!!!
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by mumumugu(m): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2012
I get question ooo

wat is worship
haw is worshipin done
if u bow ur head in front of any thing, are u warshping it

in d law court, lawyers bow to Judge, are they warshpin d judge

d yoruba man bows and prostrate 4 his father and mother, is he warshping them

did God prohibit use of every or any image?
Why did God ask moses to make a bronze serpent?
:-
care to answer?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by pheyikemi: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2012
mumumugu: I get question ooo

wat is worship
haw is worshipin done

Why did God ask satan to make a bronze serpent?
care to answer?
. Wen u worship, u revere, u say praises of d object in question. I thot it was moses hu made d bronze serpent.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2012
pheyikemi: . Wen u worship, u revere, u say praises of d object in question. I thot it was moses hu made d bronze serpent.

If you revere the Bible and praise it, as I presume you do, are you worshipping it?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
Mary worshipping pagans.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2012
italo:

If you revere the Bible and praise it, as I presume you do, are you worshipping it?

Lol....funny italo........

Soon you'll say persons recite words of worship to the bible just as u do to mary.......

""Holy bible Father of God,please pray for us"".....

I just dey imagine am +o......lol

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol....funny italo........

Soon you'll say persons recite words of worship to the bible just as u do to mary.......

""Holy bible Father of God,please pray for us"".....

I just dey imagine am +o......lol

What is funny is that at your age you don't know what a "yes or no question" is, and how to answer it.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by mumumugu(m): 4:38pm On Oct 08, 2012
pheyikemi: . Wen u worship, u revere, u say praises of d object in question. I thot it was moses hu made d bronze serpent.

thks 4 d corection, it waz a typogrophcal eror. I hav modified d post
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by pheyikemi: 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2012
mumumugu:

thks 4 d corection, it waz a typogrophcal eror. I hav modified d post
. U r wlcm Mr
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by pheyikemi: 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
italo:

. Hw wil u praise bible? It is just a sacred buk wc contains d do's and donts of christianity, u knw, lyk a guideline 4u to knw som mystical facts abt d things of God. U do not worship d bible. To me, d only person dat deserves our praise is our creator-God.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
italo:

What is funny is that at your age you don't know what a "yes or no question" is, and how to answer it.

The analogy u used doesn't fit the discussion....

If people bow down to the bible then it would have been a perfect comparison with the mary""worship"".....

I was expecting you to compare the mary image worship with the numerous idols been worshipped by the buddhists and hindu's...

It got me surprised when you used the bible...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2012
pheyikemi: . Hw wil u praise bible? It is just a sacred buk wc contains d do's and donts of christianity, u knw, lyk a guideline 4u to knw som mystical facts abt d things of God. U do not worship d bible. To me, d only person dat deserves our praise is our creator-God.

So the only person that deserves praise is God. Okay.

If your son co gmes home with a good result from school and you say "Good! That's my boy. You're worthy of being emulated. Thas how I want your brother to be." Are you praisinfg him? Yes or no. Are you worshipping him? Yes or no.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
ijawkid:

The analogy u used doesn't fit the discussion....

If people bow down to the bible then it would have been a perfect comparison with the mary""worship"".....

I was expecting you to compare the mary image worship with the numerous idols been worshipped by the buddhists and hindu's...

It got me surprised when you used the bible...

So your problem is the "bowing."

That would mean that Yoruba people who prostrate to their elders worship them. Yes or no.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2012
italo:

So your problem is the "bowing."

That would mean that Yoruba people who prostrate to their elders worship them. Yes or no.

Humans can be shown honor by persons prostrating(form of greeting with respect)...

But we are talking about lifeless objects.....

Nobody bows down to the bible.......the bible is a book.....
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by pheyikemi: 7:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
italo:

So the only person that deserves praise is God. Okay.

If your son co gmes home with a good result from school and you say "Good! That's my boy. You're worthy of being emulated. Thas how I want your brother to be." Are you praisinfg him? Yes or no. Are you worshipping him? Yes or no.
. Yea u are praising him 4a job well done and dat doesnt entail u telln him(ur son) he's d alpha, or omega or woteva. Gudboi is okay. And no u aint worshippn him. Wen u worship u do it wt evryfn in u. In short, anythng u luv more dn God is an idol u r worshippn. If u lyk money or fud more dn ur creator, then u r worshippn such. R u frm italy, Mr?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
ijawkid:

Humans can be shown honor by persons prostrating(form of greeting with respect)...

But we are talking about lifeless objects.....

Nobody bows down to the bible.......the bible is a book.....

From what you are saying, bowing isn't necessarily worship. Right or wrong?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by mumumugu(m): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
italo:

From what you are saying, bowing isn't necessarily worship. Right or wrong?
::
right.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 12:15am On Oct 09, 2012
What then is worship?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by JoannaSedley(f): 10:06am On Oct 09, 2012
people watching from the side line say they worship Mary. Catholics say they don't. Why won't you believe them and get on with your life instead of trying to find proof which isn't there. I have never hear my friends say "I worship you Mary".
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2012
italo: What then is worship?

SMH!!!!!.......

Stop bowing down to an image...

How I wish u guys lived in the times of the isrealites....you know what would have happened to you guys....

Did Jesus bow down to any imAge??
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 10:53am On Oct 09, 2012
@ Ijawkid,

What then is worship?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2012
Joanna Sedley: people watching from the side line say they worship Mary. Catholics say they don't. Why won't you believe them and get on with your life instead of trying to find proof which isn't there. I have never hear my friends say "I worship you Mary".

I don't know how a man can tell another man, "this is what you worship."

And all over the world, this is done to only Catholics.

Hindus tell us who they worship and we believe them.

Bhuddists tell us their religious beliefs and we believe them.

Same with Muslims, Pentecostals, Protestants etc

When it comes to Catholics, lunatics think they are in a position to tell us who we worship.

There's just clearly a hidden agenda behind it.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 11:03am On Oct 09, 2012
italo: @ Ijawkid,

What then is worship?

Give me your definition 1st.....

Stop bowing down to marys image....

It is called idolatry...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 11:41am On Oct 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Give me your definition 1st.....

Stop bowing down to marys image....

It is called idolatry...

So you didn't know what "worship" meant before making allegations?

Ha!
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 11:45am On Oct 09, 2012
italo:

So you didn't know what "worship" meant before making allegations?

Ha!

in the religious context ""worship"" means rendering devotion to a God or an image...

So tell me what are u doing with marys image...
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
ijawkid:

in the religious context ""worship"" means rendering devotion to a God or an image...

So tell me what are u doing with marys image...

Firstly, I will ask you where you got that definition from? Is it from the dictionary, the Bible or your head?

From your answer, it would mean that wealth or a person cannot be worshipped. Do you see that your understanding of "worship" is inadequate?

If I render devotion to the Bible or to my parents, you would say I am worshipping them?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
italo:

Firstly, I will ask you where you got that definition from? Is it from the dictionary, the Bible or your head?

From your answer, it would mean that wealth or a person cannot be worshipped. Do you see that your understanding of "worship" is inadequate?

If I render devotion to the Bible or to my parents, you would say I am worshipping them?

How can u render devotion to the bible??u must be insane to do that....we read the bible,we don't render devotion to it...

And people worship and render full devotion to money or a person...........kings back then in ancient times were worshipped(people rendered devotion to them)....even today one can put up a pix of lionel messi and render devotion to it.......

If u put up a picture of your parents and every morning u pray through them or recite words of worship to them,then that is clear idolatry........

Do u see the point??

There are many who feel there dead ancestors can intercede for them ,and so they pray through them using there pictures or whatever that was attached to that person when he or she was alive...that is idol worship....

So I want u to tell me what marys image is doing for you and your catholic colleageues
...what is the significance of bowing down and reciting words of devotion to a lifeless image or statute??

Please tell me....and connect it to the scriptures or to some precepts that Jesus laid down....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
mumumugu: I get question ooo

wat is worship
haw is worshipin done

Why did God ask moses to make a bronze serpent?

Seriously,u are a learned man.When u bow down before someone,its a subjective thing as to why u shud do that.As a catholic,i ve my own reservations but honouring the mother of Jesus isnt one of them.
care to answer?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2012
italo:

Stop hiding from the truth, U are not doing yourself any good if truelly you love God.

The Bible declares that at the name of Jesus Christ should every knee bow, Never or NOT at the name of Mary or the Pope. see more picture below for proof.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members / Why Should Christians Attend Church? / Your Best Christmas Carol Moment Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.