Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? (9274 Views)

Should Abortion Be Legalised In Nigeria? Yes, No / Cannabis/weed Should Be Legalized Says Koffi Anan Former UN Sec Gen / Marijuana Legalised In Washington State Of America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by saucekid(m): 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2008
absconder
you don return?
Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by ohilebo(m): 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2008
grin weed is good, but I will never use it even if the Govt will pay us to use it lipsrsealed
Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by aboroma: 1:52pm On Apr 23, 2008
HOW DANGEROUS IS MARIJUANA
COMPARED WITH OTHER SUBSTANCES?
Number of American deaths per year that result directly or primarily from the following selected causes nationwide, according to World Almanacs, Life Insurance Actuarial (death) Rates, and the last 20 years of U.S. Surgeon Generals' reports.
TOBACCO 340,000 to 450,000
ALCOHOL (Not including 50% of all highway deaths and 65% of all murders) 150,000+
ASPIRIN (Including deliberate overdose) 180 to 1,000+
CAFFEINE (From stress, ulcers, and triggering irregular heartbeats, etc.) 1,000 to 10,000
"LEGAL" DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from legal, prescribed or patent medicines and/or mixing with alcohol - e.g. Valium/alcohol 14,000 to 27,000
ILLICIT DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from all illegal drugs. 3,800 to 5,200
MARIJUANA 0
(Marijuana users also have the same or lower incidence of murders and highway deaths and accidents than the general non-marijuana using population as a whole. Crancer Study, UCLA; U.S. Funded ($6 million), First & Second Jamaican Studies, 1968 to 1974; Costa Rican Studies, 1980 to 1982; et al. LOWEST TOXICITY 100% of the studies done at dozens of American universities and research facilities show pot toxicity does not exist. Medical history does not record anyone dying from an overdose of marijuana (UCLA, Harvard, Temple, etc.).

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
In The Matter Of MARIJUANA RESCHEDULING PETITION
Docket No. 86-22
OPINION AND RECOMMENDED RULING, FINDINGS OF FACT, CONCLUSIONS OF LAW AND DECISION OF ADMINISTRATIVE LAW JUDGE FRANCIS L. YOUNG, Administrative Law Judge
DATED: SEPTEMBER 6, 1988

Section 8 of Judge Young's "Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law and Decision."

Page 56 & 57 http://mojo.calyx.net/~olsen/MEDICAL/YOUNG/young

3. The most obvious concern when dealing with drug safety is the possibility of lethal effects. Can the drug cause death?

4. Nearly all medicines have toxic, potentially lethal effects. But marijuana is not such a substance. There is no record in the extensive medical literature describing a proven, documented cannabis-induced fatality.

This is a remarkable statement. First, the record on marijuana encompasses 5,000 years of human experience. Second, marijuana is now used daily by enormous numbers of people throughout the world. Estimates suggest that from twenty million to fifty million Americans routinely, albeit illegally, smoke marijuana without the benefit of direct medical supervision. Yet, despite this long history of use and the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a single death.

6. By contrast aspirin, a commonly used, over-the-counter medicine, causes hundreds of deaths each year.

7. Drugs used in medicine are routinely given what is called an LD-50. The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced toxicity. A number of researchers have attempted to determine marijuana's LD-50 rating in test animals, without success. Simply stated, researchers have been unable to give animals enough marijuana to induce death.

8. At present it is estimated that marijuana's LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

9. In practical terms, marijuana cannot induce a lethal response as a result of drug-related toxicity.

Home | How Dangerous is Marijuana? | Chapters to "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" | Photos
1938 Popular Mechanics | Jack's Initiative | Jack's Hemporium | Links | Contact Jack

© Jack Herer 2006
Photo of Jack by Malcolm MacKinnon

To write Jack or order any products, send an e-mail to: jack@jackherer.com
Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by OgaMadam(f): 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2008
Evil must come in this world,

But woe to him through which it comes.

Bible.
Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by morpheus24: 10:23pm On May 05, 2008
Marijuana is linked to Mental illnesses especially in those who are prone to stress and biological in heritance.

Everyone should stay off this. Trust me I've seen first hand what this can do. Don't joke with your life.

A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by daACEman(m): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2008
I bet that if someone told some of you people that they smoked weed,you will now look as if u c them hittin a crack pipe!, marijuana is only social stigma because those in "higher power" have painted the picture this way,their can be no other explanation.

I never seen a person go crazy after smokin weed,I never seen or heard of anyone dyin from it so what is the excuse of not welcoming it, na if I sit for your livin room and light up a joint,u go c me like I dey craze,but if I light a toxic tobacco cigarette u will probably join me in the sucide.(not to even mention alchahol)

My 2 cents cool
Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by mi3(f): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2008
in the immortal words of Bob Marley, legalize it, and i will advertise it cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy looool!

on the topic, er, im indifferentish, i have heard tho, that its a relaxin sorta thing and makes people chiiiiiiiiled out, that cant be a bad thing, surely?? tongue

abeg joh, make them legalize am sef, God knows that it will create jobs for growers and sellers cheesy
Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by morpheus24: 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2008
da ACE man:

I bet that if someone told some of you people that they smoked weed,you will now look as if u c them hittin a crack pipe!, marijuana is only social stigma because those in "higher power" have painted the picture this way,their can be no other explanation.

I never seen a person go crazy after smokin weed,I never seen or heard of anyone dyin from it so what is the excuse of not welcoming it, na if I sit for your livin room and light up a joint,u go c me like I dey craze,but if I light a toxic tobacco cigarette u will probably join me in the sucide.(not to even mention alchahol)

My 2 cents cool

Because you've never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. GO and visit psychiatric wards all round the world if you have the courage and see if there is no correlation with marijuana and psychosis.

BE WARNED!!!
Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by Feministic(f): 1:25am On Jul 30, 2008
Quote from: da ACE man on June 12, 2008, 11:07 PM

My 2 cents Cool

Because you've never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. GO and visit psychiatric wards all round the world if you have the courage and see if there is no correlation with marijuana and psychosis.

BE WARNED!!!

grin lol sounds like "reefer madness"! Alcohol can cause the same (and worse) symptoms. I suggest watching "Grass". It's a history of marijuana and marijuana in America, quite interesting.

Parts 1-9
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZGKeq2HrBxA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tYlpj7_ZeI8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G0-nMykuk2k
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FwGABx1AsIM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fZIuBiQIoIo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z0dPWtqcYvk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SMIGXOp4kdw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MDV_FiyA9pE
Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by tukko: 2:55am On Mar 28, 2013
dude.marijuana doesnt cause madness.whoeva u saw must hav taken somtin else around d same period he/she took d weed.n dat's wat wld hav caused it, not weed.d worst weed can do is to cause short term cognitive impairments.n dat wld clear off once u get som sleep.d fact is dat weed is one of d safest ways 2 get high.much safer dan alchohol, pills, etc which can b life threatening, unlyk marijuana
Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by krant: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2014
da. make dem do am na. e de help to balance persn head. like now ah de take am ah feel say ah fit accomplish anytin wey ah put hand to do
Re: Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria? by tonyx4x44(m): 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
Lol passing by

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Has Detected 49 Omicron Cases - NCDC / See What Happens When You Eat Garlic On An Empty Stomach For 7 Days / How Can I Remove Hair From My Scrotum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.