Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50074 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 11:18am On Oct 08, 2012
Demdem:

Again Eziachi comes to mind.

Superb choice. I think the mods should go all out to get this guy involved. Since charlatans and attention seeker will be coming out to nominate themselves, I suggest the mods use a very simple rule of thumb. They should select judges who see Nigeria at all times to include when it is extremely unfashionable to do so. In fact Ogugua88 (hope I got it right) comes to mind. There should be no place in this process for attention-seeking bigots more centred on their ethnic group 99.9% of the time here only to then want to get involved, for publicity purposes, in an issue that strengthens the unity and effectiveness of the Nation they have never spoken as if they believe in or want to be a part of.

This is very important for Jarus, OAM4J and others. Only include , as Judges, Nigerians who talk like Nigerians all the time otherwise this laudable initiative will be tainted. We have an archived database. Everyone can use it to know those who should be involved in this.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 11:22am On Oct 08, 2012
afam4eva:
You can make a very good moderator. Infact, you're the best in Nairalander as it pertains to moderating. But as far as judging is concerned...I can't also feature as a judge because even though i try as much as possibly to be unbiased, you'll still feel that tribal affiliation in my posts.

Hmmmmn,

In that case no one can reasonable act as a judge, as every human and NL posters are inherently biased. A judged will of course be 'biased' towards one point of view in other to reach a conclusion on any issue. If anyone can be a fair and balanced judge on NL, so can I.

So I am still waiting on Jarus and OAM4J to say something, and I since I suppose they are not bringing up Biafra, ACN, or Tinubu, I am sure able to dissect other issue in a balance manner. In any case, they probably wont get as many dedicated volunteer.

(By the way Afam, I will also be needing members of Election Tribunal for up-coming Eze Ndi Igbo Election. I hope you will be willing to serve on the panel when called upon)
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 11:27am On Oct 08, 2012
Demdem:

ur original post didnt suggest such. Anyway, will let u be even now that my post has been hidden.
Anyway, making u a judge in my opinion will be calamitous

That is an attempt to impugn at my person without any justification. That fact that I bested some of you in fair fight does not imply subjectivity on my part. By the way, it's not as if I have to explain my self to you or anyone, but those that actually matters. And those two are Jarus, and OAM4J, so pls don't be mad if I cease responding to you.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 11:32am On Oct 08, 2012
PointB:

That is an attempt to impugn at my person without any justification.

Would love to justify it with facts (threads) however it will be diversionary from the main aim of this thread. Besides wouldnt want my post hidden again on the same thread.

That fact that I bested some of you in fair fight does not imply subjectivity on my part.

grin grin U are a clown grin grin

By the way, it's not as if I have to explain my self to you or anyone, but those that actually matters. And those two are Jarus, and OAM4J, so pls don't be mad if I cease responding to you.

Then send to them private messages within NL platform if its strictly for them. Besides, i only stated my opinion based on what i read on this thread which i am entitled to. Please stop whining.

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2012
PointB:

Hmmmmn,

In that case no one can reasonable act as a judge, as every human and NL posters are inherently biased. A judged will of course be 'biased' towards one point of view in other to reach a conclusion on any issue. If anyone can be a fair and balanced judge on NL, so can I.

So I am still waiting on Jarus and OAM4J to say something, and I since I suppose they are not bringing up Biafra, ACN, or Tinubu, I am sure able to dissect other issue in a balance manner. In any case, they probably wont get as many dedicated volunteer.

(By the way Afam, I will also be needing members of Election Tribunal for up-coming Eze Ndi Igbo Election. I hope you will be willing to serve on the panel when called upon)
LOL at Biafra, ACN, or Tinubu. Abeg don't start that here.

I personally have confidence in your ability, but this is to be based more on consensus. If there are no serious, unimpeachably valid objection to you being on the panel, I am ok with it.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 11:36am On Oct 08, 2012
PointB:
I will be willing to serve in any capacity.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by OAM4J: 11:36am On Oct 08, 2012
PointB:

Hmmmmn,

I have no doubt you can be a good judge if you choose to be. But we are trying to get judges that will be acceptable to all divides (as much as possible). So its up to the people. We will only pick from those nominations that have no credible opposition.

We will compile all nominations and make our selection which will still be subject to everyone's approval. We want to do it right.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2012
OAM4J et al,

Can we look at having a pool of 10 standing judges? For any debate, we just pick 5 based on availability, non-connectedness to the topic, expertise on the subject etc.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by OAM4J: 11:45am On Oct 08, 2012
Jarus: OAM4J et al,

Can we look at having a pool of 10 standing judges? For any debate, we just pick 5 based on availability, non-connectedness to the topic, expertise on the subject etc.

good idea. I support.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by nduchucks: 11:46am On Oct 08, 2012
Why da heck are you people not throwing ndu_chucks' name into the mix one way or the other, abi you people are afraid ni?

seriously, the above is meant to be a joke. I'd rather read the debates. smiley
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
Jarus:
PRELIMINARY NOMINATION FOR JUDGES (to be pruned down to 10)
1, PointB Definately Not. Highly bias

2, Eziachi Excellent Choice

3, Max siollun

4, Pukkah Not Bad

5, e-Geurilla Good Choice

6, Ajanlekoko Not so sure

7, Paddy Lo Good Choice

8, Northsap

9, Ufeolohun Good Choice

10, Kilode Good Choice

11, Rossik manageable

12,Sagamite Judgements will be "fuctardious"

13, Mikeansy Definately Not. Highly bias

14, Akanbi Edu Allegations that he is ACN spokesman still hanging undecided undecided

15, Haka nai Good Choice

16, HNOsegbe Good Choice

17, Ballabriggs manageable

18, Jason123 Good Choice

19,Edo girl Excellent Choice

20, Sisi-skills Excellent Choice

21, Coogar Excellent Choice

22, Jomogbomo Good Choice

My opinion though. besides av u guys considered KOBOjunkie. I know she is a pain in the arsse but she can probably be a good judge undecided undecided.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
Demdem:

My opinion though. besides av u guys considered KOBOjunkie. I know she is a pain in the arsse but she can probably be a good judge undecided undecided.

My brother, how about Ogugua88? I think she is an excellent choice. Also, you single out some posters wrongly in my opinion. Like Akanbi Edu, Mikeansy, Northsharp et al. It is not a crime to support a Political Party passionately and believe in it's efficacy (Akanbi Edu). It is also not a crime to rise up and protect your ethnic group if other 'agent provocateurs' want to stereotype, attack and ridicule people you love unfairly. I think this is the case with Mikeansy, Northsharp and some others here. How many times have those guys deliberately started hateful/divisive threads or generalised others as some do here daily? Perhaps I missed it.

Judges should simply be Nairalanders who have always stood for what is right, have shown a passionate sense of equity and fairness plus generally speak always as if they see Nigeria. Judges should come from all ethnic groups. They may have flaws but they must not , on Nairaland, be those guilty of casual discrimination against others, unsolicited rudeness towards others and divisive hatred of fellow Nairalanders on grounds of ethnicity, gender, religion.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Odunnu: 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
Should be real fun.
But as it is, what topic wont we turn into a fight of some sort?
This should also prune out the low IQed folks around. [s] Having Sagamite as a judge is the wisest decision else the 'morons' and 'fuktards' will multiply [/s] cheesy
Good initiative MODs
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by OAM4J: 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, how about Ogugua88? I think she is an excellent choice. Also, you single out some posters wrongly in my opinion. Like Akanbi Edu, Mikeansy, Northsharp et al. It is not a crime to support a Political Party passionately and believe in it's efficacy (Akanbi Edu). It is also not a crime to rise up and protect your ethnic group if other 'agent provocateurs' want to stereotype, attack and ridicule people you love unfairly. I think this is the case with Mikeansy, Northsharp and some others here. How many times have those guys deliberately started hateful/divisive threads or generalised others as some do here daily? Perhaps I missed it.

Judges should simply be Nairalanders who have a passionate sense of equity and fairness plus speak always as if they see Nigeria. Judges should come from all ethnic group. They may have flaws but they must not , on Nairaland, be those guilty of casual discrimination against others, unsolicited rudeness towards others and divisive hatred of fellow Nairalanders on grounds of ethnicity, gender, religion.

I support Ogugua88 too

edo-girl can be good too, but she is not always around.

What say ye all to my odunnu?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
The mods are noting the Judges being nominated and the reservations/endorsements.

We will come up with FINAL 10 by Wednesday by God's grace.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
You guys can adopt the Demdem style to express reservation/endorsement to the nominations.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
OAM4J:

I have no doubt you can be a good judge if you choose to be. But we are trying to get judges that will be acceptable to all divides (as much as possible). So its up to the people. We will only pick from those nominations that have no credible opposition.

We will compile all nominations and make our selection which will still be subject to everyone's approval. We want to do it right.
Jarus:
LOL at Biafra, ACN, or Tinubu. Abeg don't start that here.

I personally have confidence in your ability, but this is to be based more on consensus. If there are no serious, unimpeachably valid objection to you being on the panel, I am ok with it.

Thank you my able Mods, that's all I want to hear. Fairness!
If there are credible opposition to my candidacy that's fair enough. But by credible opposition, I hope you are not counting the Resident Hypocrite, Retardeen Choirs, and the ACN 'yes men' including Akanbi_eebu?

Let fair be fair!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
OAM4J:

I support Ogugua88 too

edo-girl can be good too, but she is not always around.

What say ye all to my odunnu?

I think she is a good choice. She comes across as one of those who can really come into her element with more responsibility here. Let me say again, I am proud of you, Jarus and the other mods. Nigeria needs this forum to be more than just a 'battleground'. I would love us to become more of a pressure group to make our indolent politicians sweat more and deliver more. It seems Nairaland has the numbers. All that remain is for that to be 'harmonised' into something powerful.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
afam4eva:
I will be willing to serve in any capacity.

Thanks. That's the spirit.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2012
Jarus:
23, Konojunkie

If i were u, i will correct this honest mistake speedily. It could turn to something else.Bigger than what u can possibly imagine.
Its kobojunkie, not Konojunkie.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by superior1: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
The debate is not a bad idea.I support Eziachi to be on the panel of Judges as long as topic doesn't have anything to do with Biafra
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Jarus and OAM4J, there are some good non-Nigerians here. They are contributory members of Nairaland also. Why not include at least one of them , in a show of positive discrimination, to foster unity , provide a 'balanced' and inclusiveness panel of judges plus aid the concept of involving some who can be totally neutral and optimally useful regarding some debates?

Remember that a Briton or Argentinian will never be chosen to referee a Soccer game between Britain and Argentina. That concept shows we should have at least 1 or 2 non-Nigerian Nairalanders as judges who can always choose to opt out of things they don't know much about but can prove very decisive in issues Nigerians may be too passionate or biased about.

For example, I am connected with Ghana through familial association but not to the extent of taking sides. My Ghanaian friends therefore appreciate my neutral opinion regarding what I think of the NDC and NPP (our own PDP and ACN).
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by JomoGbomo2(m): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
@Gbawe, nice idea you brought up there but how identify them, moreover there may be paucity of their knowledge in the topics being debated, especially when it comes to specific about Nigeria and her politics.

if we/the mods can handle those challenges then its fine by me.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Akanbiedu(m): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
How can I be an ACN spokesperson when I browse for only two hours in a day? Trust that ACN is better organized than that. grin grin grin

I am just a firm believer in ACN programmes, not in absolute right but in comparison to the alternatives we have in Nigeria today.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Akanbiedu(m): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
I support Jarus' idea of having a pool of judges, selected based on availability, interest, and discretion of the organizer. I also suggest that debaters should be nominated based on the topic at hand. For example a debate like "ACN is better than PDP- true or false" should have posters like Gbawe,Beaf etc as debaters while another one on "Awolowo- Hero or villian" should have katsumoto,dede1 etc as debaters. The main point I am trying to make is that debaters should consist of those whose side they are, is popularly known while judges should be those whose side they are, is hardly known(Though they have).
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
Gbawe: Jarus and OAM4J, there are some good non-Nigerians here. They are contributory members of Nairaland also. Why not include at least one of them , in a show of positive discrimination, to foster unity , provide a 'balanced' and inclusiveness panel of judges plus aid the concept of involving some who can be totally neutral and optimally useful regarding some debates?

Remember that a Briton or Argentinian will never be chosen to referee a Soccer game between Britain and Argentina. That concept shows we should have at least 1 or 2 non-Nigerian Nairalanders as judges who can always choose to opt out of things they don't know much about but can prove very decisive in issues Nigerians may be too passionate or biased about.

For example, I am connected with Ghana through familial association but not to the extent of taking sides. My Ghanaian friends therefore appreciate my neutral opinion regarding what I think of the NDC and NPP (our own PDP and ACN).
Noted. Thanks
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
JomoGbomo2: @Gbawe, nice idea you brought up there but how identify them, moreover there may be paucity of their knowledge in the topics being debated, especially when it comes to specific about Nigeria and her politics.

if we/the mods can handle those challenges then its fine by me.

My brother, in most educational debates, the onus is on those debating to essentially treat judges as laymen to be 'won over'. Bring arguments, citations, statistics, collated data, articles and scholarly references that can sway judges.

If we ask Judges to be 'experts' then we are asking them to be overbearing influences who simply align their opinion, regarding what they know, in line with what debating forumers are saying. Rather, we must create a process where the strength and empirical superiority of arguments carries the day.

There may be a lot you don't know much about but I bet you can be a good 'adjudicator' if facts are presented to you comprehensively. The biggest element of this exercise should be for the mods to manage issues towards fact-based submissions that can be proven so that Judges, essentially become like dispassionate Jury members who should look , first and foremost, at the factual superiority of arguments.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Naijagunner83: 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2012
Sadly, no one has mentioned Dedeike. He is objective, composed and is always armed with facts.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Akanbiedu(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2012
Naijagunner83: Sadly, no one has mentioned Dedeike. He is objective, composed and is always armed with facts.

As judge or debater?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Akanbiedu(m): 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2012
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja / Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React / Ahmad Abdulrahman Rescues Peace Goewam After Being Maltreated By Madam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.