Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,836 members, 7,798,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50057 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
For the maiden edition, I propose we have our Politics section posters of the years 2010 and 2011 and their runners-up as debaters.

These are
Ekt_bear (2010 PS POtY)
Katsumoto (Runner-up)
Gbawe (2011 PS POtY)
Onlytruth (Runner-up)

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by AndreUweh(m): 12:04am On Oct 10, 2012
Jarus: For the maiden edition, I propose we have our Politics section posters of the years 2010 and 2011 and their runners-up as debaters.

These are
Ekt_bear (2010 PS POtY)
Katsumoto (Runner-up)
Gbawe (2011 PS POtY)
Onlytruth (Runner-up)

What do you guys think?
Good idea.
I would love to see Ekt Bear vs Onlytruth (Bakassi, does Nigeria stand a chance?).
Gbawe vs Kats ((incesant killing of youths in Nigeria-Bauchi, Mubi, Aluu).
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by nduchucks: 12:05am On Oct 10, 2012
UNVEILING THE 10 WISE- MENPEOPLE !!!

After 48 hours of extensive deliberation on and off this thread, taking into consideration popular opinion as well as our educated discretion, we have come up with this list as our Standing Pool of Judges:

1, COOGER: Cooger has been on Nairaland for more than 4 years and has been a valuable member of the forum, contributing to different topics in different sections. He brings to the table versatility and experience. He is also well-known for his command of the queen’s language

2, SISI_SKILL: Sisi_skill is well experienced in judging online debates, being on board of the panel of judges that successfully executed the Literary section debate in July 2012. She has been active on Nairaland for many years and understands the dynamics of the forum and psyche of the members.

3, AJANLEKOKO: Highly sought-after Ajanlekoko is Nairaland’s resident career consultant. He is a respected voice on many issues and not known for frivolities. We expect Ajanlekoko to bring to bear his acclaimed maturity and expertise in multi-disciplinary matters and critical thinking.

4, EZIACHI: Eziachi is a Nairaland veteran and one of the encyclopedias of Nigerian political history on Nairaland. He is a well-respected figure in this section. It is this rich background in political knowledge that Eziachi brings to the team.

5, PHYSICSQED: Physics is one of the most cerebral political analysts on Nairaland. He is also well known for his fact-based debating skills, a tool that will be useful as a judge in this programme.

6, E-GUERILLA: e-Guerilla is another well-respected intellectual on Nairaland. He adds to the team analytical depth.

7, IBIME: Ibime has been on Nairaland for more than 5 years and has continued to add value to debates from his repertoire of knowledge and experience. He brings balance to the team, as the other 9 wise men.

8, Ogugua88: Ogugua is well known for the logic of her analyses and presentation. She will be useful in spotting the logic of arguments in our monthly debates.

9, LONDONER: The lady from London is a leading intellectual on Nairaland, adding candour and colour to threads. We have so much confidence in her ability to dispassionately dissect arguments in his judgment.

10, TALINA: In my brief citation on the 9 judges above we have left out their tribe and region of origin for obvious reasons, but we are safe to introduce Talina as a Canadian. Talina brings international flavour and insight into the team.

We do hope our judges will justify the confidence reposed in them as unbiased umpires.

Ladies and gentlemen, join me in wishing these TEN-WISE MENPEOPLE success in the assignment.

Fixed: People, NLers, Judges, etc will do. No one would want his babe referred to as a wise man. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 2:03am On Oct 10, 2012
Lol yes. I'm a "she".

I'm liking this. Not only interesting, but very promising.

2 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by isalegan2: 2:59am On Oct 10, 2012
Jarus: For the maiden edition, I propose we have our Politics section posters of the years 2010 and 2011 and their runners-up as debaters.

These are
Ekt_bear (2010 PS POtY)
Katsumoto (Runner-up)
Gbawe (2011 PS POtY)
Onlytruth (Runner-up)

What do you guys think?

Any attempt to exclude the participation of the Politics Section Poster of 2009, the indefatigable BECOMERICH, will be met with a sit-in of unparalleled proportion - dwarfed even by that of the notorious Garri-ites.

3 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by dayokanu(m): 3:30am On Oct 10, 2012
isale_gan2:

Any attempt to exclude the participation of the Politics Section Poster of 2009, the indefatigable BECOMERICH, will be met with a sit-in of unparalleled proportion - dwarfed even by that of the notorious Garri-ites.

I am certain Becomrich won by a larger margin than those of 2010 and 2011
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 7:57am On Oct 10, 2012
AK 48: I hereby nominate the topic: should gej resign because of his failure to secure nigerian?

Excellent Topic.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Myself2(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2012
Good for you guys
When are we having the political parties?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by ujchief(m): 8:30am On Oct 10, 2012
Nice selection mods. I've been busy following up the aluu threads, so i wasnt available to make contribution. If its not late, then i'd say this, inasmuch as Eziachi would bring invaluable ideas and depth to the panel of judges, but the old man is hardly online. Unles the mods have a way of informing him, since its just a wkend.
Apart from this my litle observation, the selection is ok and the idea perfect.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by ujchief(m): 8:40am On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

Excellent Topic.
i'm already salivating. . . #sharpening my knife
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 9:11am On Oct 10, 2012
So, what's the debate topic for this month?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 9:12am On Oct 10, 2012

These are
Ekt_bear (2010 PS POtY)
Katsumoto (Runner-up)
Gbawe (2011 PS POtY)
Onlytruth (Runner-up)

What do you guys think?
This is a proposition and i reject it...Let's allow Nairalanders to decide.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Rooneyboy(m): 9:43am On Oct 10, 2012
Jarus: This just crosses my mind.

Can we start with these guys?

1, Ekt-Bear - Politics section poster of the year 2010
2, Gbawe - PS POTY 2011
3, Katsumoto - Runners-up 2010
4, Onlytruth - Runners-up 2011

This sounds interesting?

No place for 190
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Rooneyboy(m): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2012
Myself2: Good for you guys
When are we having the political parties?

Brief and Brilliant .
Keep it up.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 10, 2012
johnsonerhis:
PRELIMINARY NOMINATION FOR JUDGES (to be pruned down to 10)
Nigerian (8 to be chosen)
1, PointB
2, Eziachi
3, Max siollun
4, Pukkah
5, e-Geurilla
6, Ajanlekoko
7, Paddy Lo
8, Northsap
9, Ufeolohun
10, Kilode
11, Rossik
12,Sagamite
13, Mikeansy
14, Akanbi Edu
15, Haka nai
16, HNOsegbe
17, Ballabriggs
18, Jason123
19,Edo girl
20, Sisi-skills
21, Coogar
22, Jomogbomo
23, Kobojunkie
24, Ogugua88
25, Odunnu
26, PhysicsQED
27, Afro_blue

Please kindly take out Kobojunkie form your list. He's waaaay too biased to be a judge!

I nominate Gbawe!

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by sweetgala(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2012
This is a great idea.
Would sure like to see Gbawe ekt_bear , and a few others
I know some great debaters on this forum have in the past let tribalism becloud their judgment but I believe if they are placed in a judged debate would excel.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by AndreUweh(m): 10:13am On Oct 10, 2012
dayokanu:

I am certain Becomrich won by a larger margin than those of 2010 and 2011

That year belonged to Mikeansy. Votes for Becomerich that year was for his comedy.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by doublej1(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2012
This is what nairaland should political section should look like. I would have loved to be part of the debaters or judges but because am not a frequent poster here, i have to leave that to the lions of this section.
To the organisers, i would love this to be a debate in the form of an interview where a question is asked and the rest debate is left for the debates to do, just like a typical tv debate.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Iliveon: 11:14am On Oct 10, 2012
Welldone guys!!! I want suggest that debaters should not be handpicked by mods but shld be picked base on votes by felloe NLers.thanks

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2012
Iliveon: Welldone guys!!! I want suggest that debaters should not be handpicked by mods but shld be picked base on votes by felloe NLers.thanks

I think it is a balanced decision to handpick the debaters.. given that a rigorous mental process was put to work to come up with the 10 wisemen, now what we need is a Shining STAR to guide them on their journey. It is the TOPICS up for debate we should be more concerned about. I want to suggest that more generic topics be debated on than than individualistic topics. by this i mean rather than say "TINUBU's Influence on ACN Congress" we can choose "GOD-FATHER INFLUENCE IN REGIONAL POLITICS" it takes away the obvious tendency to put a debater on the defensive and restrict the quality of information to one side rather than the BIG Picture
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by 175(m): 12:32pm On Oct 10, 2012
Make me a judge. I will deliver.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
Jarus & OAM4J.

Aside the debaters......would others members be allow to make comment on the topic during the debating period.?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
175: Make me a judge. I will deliver.

L'ago melo? cheesy grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by lateef4me(m): 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2012
I sincerely hope the consent of these judges were sought before you guys nominated them.... ?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2012
lateef4me: I sincerely hope the consent of these judges were sought before you guys nominated them.... ?
If any of them turns down the offer we can always substitute

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
ilugunboy: Jarus & OAM4J.

Aside the debaters......would others members be allow to make comment on the topic during the debating period.?

We have 2 options

1, Throw the thread/debate/topic open after declaration of results, or

2, Throw it open before declaration of results, but after the debaters have presented their cases.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2012
Jarus:

We have 2 options

1, Throw the thread/debate/topic open after declaration of results, or

2, Throw it open before declaration of results, but after the debaters have presented their cases.

Ok...so during the debating process..thread will be lock for comments to non-debaters?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
ilugunboy:

Ok...so during the debating process..thread will be lock for comments to non-debaters?

Yeah, when the debate is on, only the debaters can comment on the thread.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2012
shymexx: Non-Nigerians

I nominate Talina and Sybellah - two beautiful and intelligent women..

Talina - Canadian.

Syllebah - Ivorian.

Thank you Shymmex kisswink wink
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2012
Ujujoan:

Please kindly take out Kobojunkie form your list. He's waaaay too biased to be a judge!

I nominate Gbawe!

Thank you for your vote of confidence but I already disqualified myself very early on in the process. The chosen judges are excellent choices. All are good people in my opinion. The main thing is to thank the mod for this initiative. Whether we appreciate it or not, Nairaland is like Nigeria. If efforts are not made to deliver change then the status quo continues.

@Jarus and OAM4J.

Good choice guys. It is only Talina I do not know but all others you chose are Nairalanders who conduct themselves admirably on this forum. Una do well.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
After the debates, Can the floor be thrown open to insult people? If yes can you pencil down my name for that section

Emi Okunrin mewa,

Ogboju le oogun so omo aje niko. Eni ko o mo, Eni mo o ko,

O mu ida sile o fi ogun enu pani (He that put down the sword and used words to kill) grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Akanbiedu(m): 9:34pm On Oct 10, 2012
dayokanu: After the debates, Can the floor be thrown open to insult people? If yes can you pencil down my name for that section

Emi Okunrin mewa,

Ogboju le oogun so omo aje niko. Eni ko o mo, Eni mo o ko,

O mu ida sile o fi ogun enu pani (He that put down the sword and used words to kill) grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (37) (Reply)

GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja / Politicians Sharing Fake Dollars In Ondo State (Pictures) / Young Man Fell Off Speeding Train In Lagos This Morning - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.