Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50064 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Johndoe100(m): 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
Now where do I start?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by otokx(m): 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
Nice choice of judges.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Akanbiedu(m): 12:45am On Oct 12, 2012
LOL @ Johndoe, trying to import the gang.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Johndoe100(m): 1:29am On Oct 12, 2012
Are they card carrying members of opposition parties like Gbawe? No. However, almost without exception, you must know that they are biased against the government of the Federal Republic. Whatever the case, we the patriotic citizens on this board represent a large percentage of the members and we deserve representation on the panel of judges among others. Choose at least 2 or 3 of the people I nominated and we will be satisfied.

Jarus:

We spent 2 days to arrive at this team of judges but you didn't show up here while that was going on.

Two, can you tell me which of our panel members is an 'opposition member'. And I know you're too smart to say a person becomes an 'opposition member' just because he had had cause to disagree with you or your political leaning in the past. Name which of those guys is known for opposition to your political leaning.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Akanbiedu(m): 1:32am On Oct 12, 2012
Johndoe100: Are they card carrying members of opposition parties like Gbawe? No. However, almost without exception, you must know that they are biased against the government of the Federal Republic. Whatever the case, we the patriotic citizens on this board represent a large percentage of the members and we deserve representation on the panel of judges among others. Choose at least 2 or 3 of the people I nominated we will be satisfied.

ROFLMAO
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DuduNegro: 5:12am On Oct 12, 2012
Just reading this. I like the idea and would love to take on anyone here in a debate. Unfortunately I dont have availability for the selected days. Nonetheless, Id love to share ideas when I can.

Great vision!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by ujchief(m): 6:10am On Oct 12, 2012
Johndoe100: This debate is like a three dollar bill. If we are to have a debate why can't we have some honest judges? I nominate myself, IFIHEARAM, BILLYONAIRE, D-EXPLORER,
WEREPERI, MANDALAGUY (I hope this is how his moniker is spelt)and any other patriotic member.
yea, right! Include Dedeike, thelastpope, super1759 and PointB in ur list and ur 'GANG' is complete. Honest judges ke!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 12, 2012
Talina here! Wow! Ive never been a debate judge before but I could certainly give it my best. Did you say the time was between 6 and 8pm Nigerian time?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 7:23am On Oct 12, 2012
Johndoe100: Are they card carrying members of opposition parties like Gbawe? No. However, almost without exception, you must know that they are biased against the government of the Federal Republic. Whatever the case, we the patriotic citizens on this board represent a large percentage of the members and we deserve representation on the panel of judges among others. Choose at least 2 or 3 of the people I nominated and we will be satisfied.

I guess this is a joke right grin grin grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:42am On Oct 12, 2012
Demdem:

I guess this is a joke right grin grin grin

it is no joke two of the 3 he mentioned are actually @beaf's multiple IDs, the last one is an avowed 40-laptoper grin and I know @pointB (AKA @Beaf) is watching

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 9:01am On Oct 12, 2012
Johndoe100: Are they card carrying members of opposition parties like Gbawe? No. However, almost without exception, you must know that they are biased against the government of the Federal Republic. Whatever the case, we the patriotic citizens on this board represent a large percentage of the members and we deserve representation on the panel of judges among others. Choose at least 2 or 3 of the people I nominated and we will be satisfied.

Very nice observation Johndoe100,
While some of these judges can be said to be unbiased, a few of them are often have entrenched positions on political issue, and dont have nice words for the establishment. What for example is Sisi_kill doing on that list? To continue her mockery of the President? And how about my lovely sister Ogugua who would like continue her anti fuel subsidy campaign, and perhaps lash at out her brethren for not partaking in the subsidy protest her own way? If those two can make the list, why not Billyonaire, and D-explore. And while we are at it, why not Johndoe100 and PointB, and Werepeleri, Gbawe, and Demdem?

The list of judges should be reviewed, it is filled up with some anti establishment; their ability to unbiased is seriously questioned, jokes apart. Perhaps only about 5 people on that list are without serious baggage! Let the x-ray begin!!

This debate has been mined by the organisers, and the reckless choice of wise men
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by lateef4me(m): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2012
I'll also suggest that any divisive comments that might derail debaters from the subject under consideration should be hidden .
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 9:17am On Oct 12, 2012
1, COOGER: Cooger has been on Nairaland for more than 4 years and has been a valuable member of the forum, contributing to different topics in different sections. He brings to the table versatility and experience. He is also well-known for his command of the queen’s language
- Jarus

Question: Who is 'Cooger'? May the real Cooger pls stand-up!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 9:22am On Oct 12, 2012
6, E-GUERILLA: e-Guerilla is another well-respected intellectual on Nairaland. He adds to the team analytical depth.
- Jarus

e-Guerilla. yet another unknown yet well respected intellectual
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 9:25am On Oct 12, 2012
Behold Judge Ibime, a conspiracy theorist!

Ibime: Lets rewind to November last year.

Pastor Bakare and the SNG group visited Aso Rock after which two allegations were made:

(1.) SNG were offered a $50,000 bribe

(2.) Jonathan told Bakare in confidence his plans for a 7 year term.

Lets rewind to December last year, Saharareporters printed the story about Jonathans 7-year agenda on Dec 19th, and I quote:

SaharaReporters sources revealed that contrary to what is being touted in public, Jonathan has secretly cobbled together a team of strategists and manipulators that include “Mr. Fix-It” Chief Anthony Anenih and Jerry Gana, with the objective of putting together a blueprint for one-time 7-year tenure for Jonathan as soon as the elections are over in April 2011.

The plan, which is akin to the third term campaign by President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2006-2007, will be bankrolled from excess campaign funds now being generated.

Jonathan had told a delegation of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG) led by Pastor Tunde Bakare that he was opposed to elections every four years, claiming that it was too expensive.

As of last week, some governors that had “come on board” had been persuaded with the argument they would also benefit from the 7-year tenure project.

In light of the recent tenure-elongation bill, what assurances do Nigerians have that this bill is "for the next President" when the scoop told us last year that it was GEJ's plan for himself?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:32am On Oct 12, 2012
@Jarus.. I am a card carrying member of the PDP. check my posts since pre and post PDP Congress till date.. as you would have noticed. I am not as biased as popular perception allows. grin grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 12, 2012
PointB: And how about my lovely sister Ogugua who would like continue her anti fuel subsidy campaign, and perhaps lash at out her brethren for not partaking in the subsidy protest her own way?

It's October and a new and different thread. That discord took place months ago. I'd like to believe my political savvy is broader than the fuel subsidy removal of January and the disagreement with Eze Ndi Igbo Parliament in June. I've moved on PointB.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2012
PointB: - Jarus

e-Guerilla. yet another unknown yet well respected intellectual

I am honoured that some commentators deem by contributions worthy of substance on these boards and would be most happy to oblige you with any lingering questions, Comrade PointB grin grin grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 9:41am On Oct 12, 2012
10. In my brief citation on the 9 judges above we have left out their tribe and region of origin for obvious reasons, but we are safe to introduce Talina as a Canadian. Talina brings international flavour and insight into the team.
- Jarus

International flavour? Let me in romance and sexuality? grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

We couldn't get someone who discuss policies or international relation? How about CameroonPride, or someone who actually partake in other sections, I mean anything but romance and sextuality? I mean no offense to Talina, buy hey, she aint just suitable for this sort of assignment.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 12, 2012
ogugua88:

It's October and a new and different thread. That discord took place months ago. I'd like to believe my political savvy is broader than the fuel subsidy removal of January and the disagreement with Eze Ndi Igbo Parliament in June. I've moved on PointB.

Indeed Madam.
It is surely possible to hold more than one opinion at a time without fear of contradiction.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 9:45am On Oct 12, 2012
eGuerrilla:

I am honoured that some commentators deem by contributions worthy of substance on these boards and would be most happy to oblige you with any lingering questions, Comrade PointB grin grin grin

lol,

Just trying to place the judges. Jarus didn't help by mis-spelling your name.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 9:49am On Oct 12, 2012
ogugua88:

It has absolutely nothing to do with Eze Ndi Igbo. But everything to do with the fuel subsidy removal. Let me ask you, another round of fuel subsidy removal is coming say January since not money is allocated for it in the budget? What are going to do? Move on, walk away from the protest?

Point is that, like some of us, your political-economy leaning is well-known, and you cannot walk away from it. My comments stand, best of luck with the mods though.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2012
PointB: It has absolutely nothing to do with Eze Ndi Igbo. But everything to do with the fuel subsidy removal. Let me ask you, another round of fuel subsidy removal is coming say January since not money is allocated for it in the budget? What are going to do? Move on, walk away from the protest?

Point is that, like some of us, your political-economy leaning is well-known, and you cannot walk away from it. My comments stand, best of luck with the mods though.

I don't think I was nominated as a judge for my stance on the fuel subsidy removal or any other issue. I don't think other judges were nominated for their leanings or beliefs either.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 10:01am On Oct 12, 2012
ogugua88:

I don't think I was nominated as a judge for my stance on the fuel subsidy removal or any other issue. I don't think other judges were nominated for their leanings or beliefs either.

My dear, I don't know why you were nominated. Just making a general observation on some of the nominees.

- You
- Sisi_kill
- Ibime
- Coogar
- E-guerrilla, and
- Talina

It's nothing personal. And by the way, incase you didn't read it the first time, good luck with the Mods. And please do you best in the assignment, as I doubt the MOD are changing their mind. Consider my observations as 'minority report.'
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by coogar: 10:01am On Oct 12, 2012
PointB: - Jarus
Question: Who is 'Cooger'? May the real Cooger pls stand-up!

if you don't tape it shut, i would slap the cobwebs/fluff out of your brain cavity......

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply)

Released 21 Chibok Girls Reunite With Their Parents, See Emotional Photos / Nigerians In The North Selling Their Votes For N500 / Former President Buhari Attends Durbar Festival In Daura (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.