Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria (19816 Views)

Updated!!kingroot V4.1 Now Available. Can Be Used To Root Non-mtk Phones / Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Phablet And Note 10.1 By Samsung / Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 & 3 10.1 By Samsung (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Tokotaya: 2:51pm On Oct 08, 2012

Samsung has unveiled its highly anticipated GALAXY Note 10.1 for the Nigerian market. The device, positioned as a device that enhances productivity, creativity and learning capability is now available for purchase at Samsung’s Experience Store in Ikeja City Mall in Alausa, Lagos and at authorized retailers across the country.

Powered by Google's Android software Ice Cream Sandwich, the GALAXY Note 10.1 extends Samsung’s GALAXY Note category, building on the success of last year’s worldwide hit Smartphone and delivering the functionality and precision of pen and paper by combining the S Pen with a 10.1 inch large display.

It is equipped with a quad-core processor that allows users to run multiple applications at a faster speed than the previous version, which had a dual-core processor. It also features a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, 1.9-megapixel front camera, a microSD slot that allows for expansion by up to an extra 32GB of storage and a battery life that supports up to nine hours of usage.

The device also comes with a customized copy of Adobe Photoshop Touch, which allows users to do fine-grained, professional-quality photo editing; a universal television remote software that offers recommendations based on previous TV viewing habits and AllShare Play, which lets users share content with large groups in real-time, by connecting GALAXY Note 10.1 to Samsung HD TVs, phones, mobile tablets, laptops, and other consumer electronic devices on the same network.

"Our goal with the Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 was simple - redefine the tablet experience. The advanced technology and features included in the device give users the power to produce, create and customize communications. For the user, the resulting experience is completely new, thrilling and quite unexpected,” said Mr. Abiodun Odejayi, Head of Marketing, Hand Held Products at Samsung Electronics West Africa.

Olumide Ojo, Head of Sales, Hand Held Products, Samsung Electronics West Africa, said: “Other tablets multitask only in that they allow users to toggle between different applications, which is more or less single tasking. You are really only doing one thing at once with such tablets. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is unique in that its screen can display two applications at once, allowing the user to cut and paste material between the applications. For instance, a user can take notes while reading a book; look up some information while watching a movie or even copy an address from an online magazine onto the notepad.”

http://www.mobileworldmag.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-hits-nigeria.html

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by amblors(m): 9:31am On Oct 09, 2012
I like the device, how much e b for naija sha? E fit reach like N150k o

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by samir101ng(m): 11:05am On Oct 09, 2012
The one thing that i love about Samsung is the availability of its products to the average Nigerian consumer. Just walk into any Samsung Shop spread all over the country and get your product at official prices with warranty included. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 makes sense. Might get one for my young ones to draw on. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by anitank(f): 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
The new one is out? shocked shocked wen I'm still saving money to buy the old one cry cry

7 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
nice one
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
My bad, I thought it was the other big ar.se Galaxy note phone lol..
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Kslib(m): 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
Ah!! Thank God say the price no reach 2,500 naira.. Atleast i go buy two..one for my grandpapa and one for my grandmama.. Samsung una too much..
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
For some reason, I still prefer the playbook
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2012
blink182: For some reason, I still prefer the playbook
One word: Bridge.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by miteolu(m): 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
Kslib: Ah!! Thank God say the price no reach 2,500 naira.. Atleast i go buy two..one for my grandpapa and one for my grandmama.. Samsung una too much..

If you intend to buy 7 pieces they fi sell one for 500 Naira.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Todaynatoday: 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
What is this?

It is a phoneblet!!

Why?

it is a phone in potrait mode and a tablet in landscape mode.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
Tempting. Very tempting
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by jalay(m): 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2012
miteolu:

If you intend to buy 7 pieces they fi sell one for 500 Naira.
i prefer my nokia 3310. it does the same thing as above..
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed na joke i dey joke oh
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2012

I was a big fan of the Playbook, just wished the added 2 things - direct BBM option, MicroSD and voice calling/sms. I don't like that I have to use Bridge for BBM.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by gulfer: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2012
Who be dat Woman for middle, she no try at all ?

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Kslib(m): 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2012
You too like play...
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
gulfer: Who be dat Woman for middle, she no try at all ?

Her face be like fowl yansh hole... Na bad market for samsung be that!
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by venorite(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
this one na for oga and madame them.....[code][/code]listening to good time on my nokia 303 grin grin
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
anitank: The new one is out? shocked shocked wen I'm still saving money to buy the old one cry cry
You don carry last be that oooo
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx: My bad, I thought it was the other big ar.se Galaxy note phone lol..

Na that one you been dey wait for abi

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by joey4jo: 1:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
Are you serious but people dey use am wella for naija now?
I am in love with this device.. I just need to buy it I tell you. How much is it abeg? I just feel it ws made for me.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by amblors(m): 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
Todaynatoday: What is this?

It is a phoneblet!!

Why?

This is a tablet mate, 10.1 inches cannot b confused for a phone/phablet except ur from anoda planet

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by llouis: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
This is not news na, its been out for like eleven-teen days now.
In SLOT it goes for 105k, and no thanks to it other galaxy tab prices have come down drastically.
Had i known i would have waited a while before rushing to get the 8.9", now i have to patiently await its ICS update, hoping after yhe update it would be able to at least receive calls.

And who's the dude comparing the norebook to the playbook?
Abeg eh, if na play stop am!
sad sad sad
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
All Goin' down to Apple's Account undecided
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by SisiKill1: 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2012
I chuckled at ENHANCING LEARNING CAPABILITY. . .obviously Samsung does not really know the Nigerian market, especially the schools.

This is a country where using scientific calculator in schools is still frowned on....Yeah, if you haven't crammed the four figure table, you are not intelligent. So what enhancing learning capability are they talking about? Which teacher, who most likely can't find his way around an ordinary PC, will allow a Galaxy pad in his class?

Except of course Samsung means something else by ENHANCING LEARNING CAPABILITY.

Do they?

4 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by hojayz: 2:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
it's just 85k @ slot V.I.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by anitank(f): 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
Todaynatoday: What is this?

It is a phoneblet!!

Why?

The word is phablet not phoneblet grin grin grin grin
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Sedar(m): 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
I wanted to get ipad but I have change my mind samsung galaxy 10.1 way forward! At least it has bluethoot n order dan ipad! Less give it a try.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
Now I'm uber-confused. Is this different from the Galaxy note 2? I thot the essence of the note was to be a go-between the tablet n the fone - why z dis one 10.1 inches? How z it different from Galaxy tab with 10.1" screen? Why are there so many 'Galaxy' categories - tab, phone, note, pocket etc

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by kulblazer(m): 2:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
how much is this one.... i was planning to buy ipad but mhen this is smtin one wonna make use of
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by hustla(m): 2:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
Bet one yahoo boy put dis Note for sale on ma BBM yday na :/
E jus dey rish naija ni?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria by amblors(m): 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
annoymous: Now I'm uber-confused. Is this different from the Galaxy note 2? I thot the essence of the note was to be a go-between the tablet n the fone - why z dis one 10.1 inches? How z it different from Galaxy tab with 10.1" screen? Why are there so many 'Galaxy' categories - tab, phone, note, pocket etc

U have Galaxy note 1 n 2 , both phablets.
Galaxy Tab n Galaxy 2 10.1 n Galaxy Tab 7 inches - all tablets.
Then the Galaxy Note 10.1 - in both wifi n 3G version - a tablet, different from the phablets.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Five Most Important Apps On Your Phone / Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets / 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.