Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock (2667 Views)

Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage / Inter-tribal Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by ckc(m): 4:23pm On Jan 19, 2008
With luv to all u advocates of inter-tribal marriage.Meet my fiancee and i.She's Yoruba and I'm Ibo.What's ur opinion on inter-tribal marriage? My advice is dat u follow ur heart where ever it leads to no matter the tribe!
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2008
Good job, you see if more ppl like you inter-tribal marriage, tribalism will quench. . . . . glad you found a fiancee, and i hope you'll cherish her and love her like a real man should. . . hope you guys have a fantastic wedding, and i hope it last long. . . .you know what they say. . ."let no man separate you" wink
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by Gamine(f): 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2008
Its all good

i have a friend, whos Igbo and married a yoruba girl
just last december

even if her name sounds somehow now

Seun Chukwuemeka, lol

They love each other

So Race, tribe , really dosnt matter
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by ifyalways(f): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2008
toyinrayo:

Good job, you see if more people like you inter-tribal marriage, tribalism will quench. . . . . glad you found a fiancee, and i hope you'll cherish her and love her like a real man should. . . hope you guys have a fantastic wedding, and i hope it last long. . . .you know what they say. . ."let no man separate you" wink
Amen
@poster,go with your heart and happy married life too.
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by pin4eva(f): 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2008
Will u invite nairalanders for ur wedding? After all these advices
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by ckc(m): 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2008
@pin4eva

I will when it's time
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by ckc(m): 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2008
@pin4eva

I will when it's time
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by adekennis(m): 8:05am On Jan 21, 2008
Happy maried life in advance grin grin grin
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by seyenko(m): 11:59am On Jan 23, 2008
Good luck to you
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by afomamyson(f): 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2008
Follow your heart,love knows no tribe.
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by osisi5: 2:16am On Jan 24, 2008
ckc nwanne m jide kwa k'iji.
It's all good.
For starters you'll be eating beta jollof rice and stewed kpomo
Yoruba women sabi cook rice.
I wish you the best

If she's good to you,I say take her to the nearest altar.
love knows no color race or tribe.
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by Uche2nna(m): 2:21am On Jan 24, 2008
hmmmmm scratching my chin and thinking of my own yoruba damsel grin
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by RichyBlacK(m): 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2008
Great! I wish you and yours the very best!

I support inter-ethnic marriages, and hope more Nigerians learn to put away their ethnocentric/tribalistic tendencies.
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by oziomatv(m): 11:13am On Jan 25, 2008
Igboman has never come against inter-tribal marriage.
We only kick against political tribal discrimination in Nigeria.
We're the only tribe that married most outside our tribe in nigeria.
marriage b/w yoruba and Igbo has been dated century back.

nwanna unu muo nu banu uba gi na odozi aku gi.
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by toshmann(m): 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2008
ckc,
una for try smile small for that picture grin grin abi de marriage na by force? grin grin grin
no mind me o, toshmann na talkative

anyway, it's good you follow ya heart and good for the fight against tribalism. and good for us ibos too. a lot of peeps here in nairaland have said that ibo guys never marry outside their tribe. so bro, thanx for prooving them wrong.

final advice, be a man. be responsible. be a good husband. dont fool around. marriage is serious business. make it work. pray hard. . . . .all the best.
_______________toshmann wink

@oziomatv
why are all your posts bent? abi na so ya life dey? grin abeg no beat me o. i fit die, i no strong, i just finish exam
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by osisi5: 2:00am On Jan 26, 2008
Look Tosh,If you no find wife this year 2008,we will parcel you one that looks like Wesley Snipes from Mbaitolu and declare you both man and wife. grin
ah ah.
What is this?

anyone that sees a virtous woman,even if she's from kotangora,don't let her go.
In my extended family,we have Yoruba husbands,Awusa wives,Calabar .
And they are good wives to us.
The most important thing is marrying your "soul mate".
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by spoilt(f): 2:39am On Jan 26, 2008
+osisi:

anyone that sees a virtous woman,even if she's from kotangora,don't let her go.

why kotangora? grin
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by osisi5: 2:45am On Jan 26, 2008
at least the man will be drinking kunu with all his meals
Isn't that an advantage?
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by spoilt(f): 2:58am On Jan 26, 2008
you no well.
is kunu the height of enjoyment? so sweet that your toes curl? grin grin
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by OgidiBoy(m): 3:05am On Jan 26, 2008
My friend are you sure you want to marry a Yoruba girl shocked I'm sure you know what the say about yoruba people, Oh well is your life and it's you that will come back in less than one year crying because the marriage did not work out. angry
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by spoilt(f): 3:07am On Jan 26, 2008
OgidiBoy:

My friend are you sure you want to marry a Yoruba girl shocked I'm sure you know what the say about yoruba people, Oh well is your life and it's you that will come back in less than one year crying because the marriage did not work out. angry

what about youruba girls? my friend, run away. angry
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by osisi5: 3:19am On Jan 26, 2008
leave him,let him attempt to find a wife first then he can talk.
He thinks marriage is like playing ludo.
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by willy4: 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2008
CKC,
  Nah Wah ooo, So!!!! you no see any woman in all Iboland, Rivers, Cross R, Akwa Ibom and Delta State, kei!!!!!!!!! e come bi Yoruba you see Chie!!!!!!!!!!!, Soon others may follow your way and start seeing Hausa/Fulani women. kei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God please forbid
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by toshmann(m): 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2008
+osisi:

Look Tosh,If you no find wife this year 2008,we will parcel you one that looks like Wesley Snipes from Mbaitolu and declare you both man and wife. grin
ah ah.
What is this?

nne, biko na which day you go parcel the nwa? cheesy hurry up biko. i have given myself this summer as the final deadline to hook up. if by this summer i nova hook up he he he heeeee, na unicef go appeal for world court begging me to marry grin grin otherwise i go become original, professional,bachelor with lots of female well wishers cheesy
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by oziomatv(m): 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2008
toshmann:

@oziomatv
why are all your posts bent? abi na so ya life dey? grin abeg no beat me o. i fit die, i no strong, i just finish exam
@ toshmann
nwanna ke kwa nke ina enyocha my writting you no know say they say if you no bend down you no go see Aba.

since you know fit find woman I go rcomend one for you but I go test her first weda she dey bamm for you.
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by Dreloaded(f): 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2008
I think Ogidi is one of those who are jealous of the fact that we are allowed to inherit property. cheesy

Oloshi jati jati.
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 26, 2008
Ckc, that's great! I wish you and your lovely fiancee all the best in married life. cool cool
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by amsky(m): 7:20pm On Jan 26, 2008
all the best to you and your wife.i am in an inter-tribal marriage,and it's working out really well.except for a few busy bodies who try to mind our business for us.for me i do not take kindly to such rubbish.
so enjoy your marriage,and be a good husband like mine cool .do not let anyone opress your wife simply because she does not speak or understand your language.
as we'll say back home, ''carry go''.
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by OgidiBoy(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2008
D-reloaded:

I think Ogidi is one of those who are jealous of the fact that we are allowed to inherit property. cheesy

Oloshi jati jati.

I never knew Yoruba women can inherit property shocked shocked thanks for the info. More reason I'm sticking to Igboland where the first son inherits his fathers property. tongue tongue
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by Dalby(m): 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2008
Congratulations, I am sure you guys will do great cool
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by nnenneigbo(f): 2:24pm On Jan 27, 2008
OgidiBoy:

I never knew Yoruba women can inherit property shocked shocked thanks for the info. More reason I'm sticking to Igboland where the first son inherits his fathers property. tongue tongue

b uhahaha, hmm this boy sef. well my mum is igbo and she inherited property too, lets hope the property no dey for ajegunle embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock by osisi5: 10:17pm On Jan 27, 2008
nnenneigbo:

b[b] uhahaha, hmm this boy sef. well my mum is igbo and she inherited property too, lets hope the property no dey for ajegunle [/b] embarassed embarassed embarassed

ROFL.
My own dad is still alive,I have brothers and I've already inherited a property. cool
Nnenne what is wrong with ajegunle?
Ajegunle has the "GRA" part , haba.
It's not all the "yards" that have gutters right in the middle of it.
Even if it does,you'll still find folks begging to rent it sef

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Bought My Wife / Name Your Favourite Igbo Musics / Esan Contributions To Benin Empire.. Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.