Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students (26968 Views)

We Are Able(a Touching Story) / They Were Four...dedicated To The Four Uniport Students Killed In Aluu... / ALUU 4 (a Poem Dedicated 2 D Late Uniport Students) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 09, 2012
iyeyemi:
Yea bro I hear all that...but you still miss my point. Bottom-line...this piece of his is a statement. Heartfelt, emotional...I write as well so I can tell. Can he do more? Sure he can. We all can. I have seen many e-activists on nairaland, if it was just by spitting venom online we would have been far better than the US or something. But at least he has opened up his heart and effectively opened up a channel where people can also experience the need for change. Without the spark, there can never be a flame. Jean Jacques Rousseau was a writer, but his book on social contract has been referred to as the the textbook of the french revolution. I never heard of him going on the streets of paris or marching to versailles to protest, but his writing was just as potent.

Jean Jacques Rousseau wasn't just a writer, he was a musician(socially conscious in a way), he was also involved with people who made the french revolution possible(freemasons)... Suffice to say, he was part of the change... Karl Marx was a writer and a revolutionary - and you and I know how he changed the world(I'm a pseud-marxist)... Yes, you need ideas and writings, but you also need to get involved... Is M.I involved in social activism?? How many songs has he made about effecting a change in Nigeria??

I would have cut him some slack if he were to be a conscious rapper, but he's far from that - this piece is just an attention seeking piece IMO...

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by enomakos(m): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
there soul will not rest in peace still they avenge their death
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
Writeup reminds me of the song ''Epic''
''You're the Hope, You're the Change, You're the Miracle''
He's said it all, if we don't seize the initiative and start to walk the talk, change will never come. phurk hope, when there's no action in the direction.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx: These clowns stay writing 'pieces' when the country is in abyss...

Are there no activists in Nigeria?? If African Americans were writing 'pieces' during Jim Crow laws and civil rights movement - there would still be segregation in America... Fight for your country and your future, and stop writing nonsense... We know you can write, we need action... Get busy, or shut the fvck up...

Go hard, or go home.. undecided
Take d lead. U r stil writing too. U shud bcome an activist too. Start d action instead of writing.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by outofthebox: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2012
Did u guys wat hapened y.day when robbers invaded and forced a boy to molest his mother..dat boy cld be you..everybody has his/her experiences..i say kill dose bokos and robbers..kill dem all..am not for the ph guys dat were totured b4 their death..dats babaric and i dnt support that..but so far a robber posses a gun,den i say kill him
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by edrizu(m): 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
Da lyrical poet with hot punch-facts..well done ma broda....As for nigeria,na season film oo..buh me go watch am finish
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Mimicole(f): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2012
violent:

MI was kind enough to have dedicated "all of 10 seconds" of thought to it! He even wondered "briefly"!!!

Most people, me including, probably spent a couple of minutes after watching the video, with our hearts in our mouths and our eyes agape whilst screaming silently "OMG, how could this have happened"

In MI's case, he dedicated "all of 10 seconds".

10 seconds!..after which life went on as usual. I woke up this morning not remembering how 4 young boys were beaten, and forced to watch their death coming in a most gruesome manner in the hands of a mob who are so eager to see their flesh roast up in flames. Their human flesh roast up in flames!

Perhaps I'd take a different stance from MI on this. The hope was never the worst part of it all! The lack of humane feeling is!

A corpse they say, is just a corpse until that corpse is your pops! While the families of these boys will have to go on with the rest of their lives with the realization of how the lives of the people they cared for came to an end, MI and I (and perhaps many others) have simply spared '10 seconds shedding a tear' and then moved on with our lives only with an occasional reference to the incidence and some faith that Justice will be served.

In a much civilised environment, the public will be outraged by this singular act of savagery, so much so it may threaten the stability of the government of the day. People wouldn't just sit back and wonder...and curse...and hope...and pray...and write fancy notes and then move on with lives. In those communities i described, there's a genuine humane feeling, borne out of the realization of the knowledge that we all share a common heartbeat.

The story of April a girl of 4 who went missing in the UK comes to mind. The immediate community reaction was forceful, hopeful, urgent and pronounced with hundreds of people volunteering to help the police in their search. This is a community where true humane feelings are found in the minds of people. In my own country, where four men were beaten to a pulp and burnt to death by their own friends, people simply dedicate "10 seconds of full thought"...then curse...then wonder...then hope...then pray...then life simply returns to normal!

#ashamedtobeNigerian!
oga its either U dnt knw hw 2read or u're just a typical African who is not patient enough to read past 2lines of any write up no mata hw interesting. How can U be so quick to criticize somtin U̶̲̥̅̊ obviously did not read. Nice one MI dear, haters wil always hate nomata wat.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by fortyfeet(m): 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
berem: bros the thing tire me o! As im write finish wetin come happen now? Nothing! O ga o!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by fortyfeet(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
berem: bros the thing tire me o! As im write finish wetin come happen now? Nothing! O ga o!
im carry us come nairaland.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by donprinz: 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
princechinedu: All dese haters abeg make unna free m.I oh... D guy jux poured his heart out. He is not a politician or a police man dat would investigate d case...
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by donprinz: 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
naija is not the best place to steal if you had it in mind plz don't don it oo
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by 4u2nV231: 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
MI thank you....what difference does this make. use what you have and serve your people, you are not a poem writter, you are an artist so i need your next album to be on this .....KUDOssssss[i][/i]
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by ZeusI: 12:12am On Oct 10, 2012
1ndidi2: MI Abaga speaks on #Aluu4: “The hope is the worst part of it”

The hope is the worst part of it.

The way they lay there, beaten and broken, battered and bruised. Knowing their end had come for certain. Knowing that the crowd meant to see this through to the end. And yet, in the midst of all this certainty, in some small corner of their hearts, hoping. That something would happen, some miracle perhaps.

I am speaking of course, of the #Aluu4, students of University of Port Harcourt who were beaten and set ablaze last week.

I’d heard the news sometime last week and devoted all of 10 seconds of thought to it. I wondered briefly who the students were, and what could possibly have driven them to steal. I briefly wondered if they were really guilty but my mind quickly shied away from where that road could lead. I remembered all the stories I grew up hearing about thieves and the instant justice meted out to them, and mentally shook my head.

That would have been all, I suppose, but for the video. It is probably the most gruesome thing I have ever seen, and the worst I ever hope to see.

Hope.

There, I’ve said it again. Somehow it seems there is no escaping it.

Because when things like this happen, it seems our default reaction is to hope it will never happen to us or any one we know or love. Then we hope that our religion and hard work and luck will exempt us from senseless suffering. Sometimes we hope that right thing will be done, the wrong doers brought to book, and the victims receive some sort of justice.

Every day we hope the country we live in will be a better place for us and for our children.

And that is the problem with hope.

That we have allowed it to cripple us and render us inactive.

You , me, all of us who sit by hoping and doing nothing to change.

The question is not whether or not the 4 boys stole anything. That is quite besides the point.

Let us ask instead: What do I need to ensure my children do not grow up hearing stories like these?

What would it cost to make this country and are we willing to pay the price?

Because if I were there that day, would I have spoken up and done my best to put a stop to it? Or silently stood by, condemning the actions in my heart, but doing nothing? Would I have been seized by the bloodlust and fear and anger myself, and spurred them on with my shouts, and cries for blood, maybe tossed in a rock or two for good measure.

The society is a mirror of each of us. It is sad and sickening that this was allowed to happen. It shows us all what we are capable of, what w will each do given the right set of circumstances.

These 4 murdered men, their deaths should not be in vain. If anything good could come out of a mess so sordid, let it be that every Nigerian begins to think about the problem and what to do to solve it. Let it be that we understand the problem is ourselves and our failure to take a stand against injustice and lawlessness over the years. Let it be that we promise ourselves never to let this happen again. Not on our land. Not as long as we’re alive.

I hope this time we get it right.

http://miabaga.com/p/opinion-aluu-4-the-hope-is-the-worst-part-of-it/

sad
sad sad
Arrant nonsense! So this is the first time you realised that Jungle-justice is impermissible, irrational and in-humane, huh? Every blessed day, from Lagos state to Abia state; from north to south, such inhumane act is carried out and everyone walks by and call it a day. Do you think that this(ALLU4) killing was the first of its kind? Or was it because this one affected some students or youths? If the latter is the case, then, Nigeria will never go forward, because the youths(leaders of tomorrow) have resorted to defending theirs, and neglecting others who are not of their fold, therfore failing to accommodate all and sundry in their activism for due process. This same act is what out leaders today, don themselves in, and are condemned for; by the youths(and students). A word is enough for a wise. Let's stop throwing up dust, besides the guys were theives and cultists, regardless of what some mischievous cultist(their colleagues) may call it to skip the blame. Nevertheless, I for one; condemn the manner of death meted out on them, as well as those carried out on others.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by greedie1(f): 12:15am On Oct 10, 2012
I finally saw that video! A traumatising 3 minute video. For some days now I ve heard about the death of the uniport boys, I couldn't bring myself to read the full story, watch the pictures or video til this night and oh my God! Wat I saw ll haunt me for ever

four boys, stripped naked, battered and bruised, within an inch of their lives and the irate mob were screaming DIE DIE ( reminds me of the condemnation of JESUS to death.. Didn't the crowd shout KILL HIM KILL HIM? )

how they must have felt, lying there with no hope of making it alive yet hoping against hope for a miracle, any miracle... And den one of the killers said " dis one don die", he wasn't remorseful, he was triumphant! ... And den another told the remaing 3 " una go die die die"

... And dey did, they died!!! 4 boys, future leaders, hope and pride of their families, source of happiness to friends, the love of some ples lives, our neighbour, citizens wit right to life! They were snuffed out, grusomely murdered even before their lives could
begin! God, why?

I can't stop shedding tears, I just can't. How could this happened? How could the on lookers have folded their hands and do nothing? How can someone beat another to death? Those boys screamed and screamed until dey couldn't anymore, they cried and
cried until there was no more tears to shed

how are their families coping now? Friends and acquaintances? How can they move past this?? How can anyone?

Oh Lord, arise in Ur anger and punish the killers of
these young boys. Do not let their deeds go unpunished. Hear the cries of anguish of the victims relatives and non relatives. The souls of these boys are calling out for justice, grant it to them. God I look up to You for Your intervention... Nigerian govt may do nothing, man may be powerless but U are Almighty! Revenge the death of these boys. Left to me,the killers deserves a death slower, a million times more agonising than wat those boys went tru! But I leave it
to u cz U know a more painful way to to punish the killers

God pls grant the families, friends and entire nation the fortitude to bear this very great loss. Pls console their familes and do not let their tears and supplications be in vain, Amen

These recent happenings in this country shows wat a failed nation Nigeria is. Things have fallen apart
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by aceyralph(m): 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
A whole 10 seconds! Broda dat was huge a time. For me I haven't given it a thought yet but will surely do; after all what will my thoughts do about it and why should I rush for thoughts?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Last Insurgent / Together Forever / Wole Soyinka Joins University Of Johannesburg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.