Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims (6618 Views)

US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / Fayose Praises Buhari, Urges Nigerians To Accept Election Results / PDP Offers N200B For Tinubu To Accept Interim VP Slot. - Obinna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by mukina2: 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
The leader of the presidential committee to Saudi Arabia, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal on Monday said the Saudi authorities have agreed to accept deported pilgrims that have valid visas.

The speaker was speaking with journalists at the presidential wing of the Nnamdi Azikwe international airport when the presidential committee to that had travelled to Saudi Arabia on Sunday returned to Nigeria.

“The first good news is that all of those pilgrims, who have secured valid visas, are being taken back and the understanding we have secured so far with them is that they will be allowed entry into Saudi Arabia,” the Speaker said.

“The second success story is that we’ve reinforced the beautiful, long standing relationship between Nigeria and Saudi Arabia and assurances have been given to that effect,” he added.

According to Mr Tambuwal, the Saudi authorities is also considering Nigeria’s request of extending the airlifting deadline to accommodate the deported pilgrims.

“Also if need be we’ve requested for them to extend the time of airlift and also the time of issuance of visas to Nigerian pilgrims,” he said.

About 100,000 pilgrims were expected to perform the hajj from Nigeria this year, but the transportation had barely commenced when the first batch of 171 female intending pilgrims was deported after been detained by Saudi authorities at entry point.

More women were subsequently deported, for the same reason of not having male guardians or Muharams to accompany them, in accordance with Saudi laws.

“Ofcourse, under the Islamic jurisprudence, Muharam is a requirement,” Mr Tambuwal said.

He however said that there are different categories of Muharams and that different Islamic schools of thoughts – the Hanbali, Hanafi, Shafi’I and Maliki have their separate definition of the concept.

“We’ve passed across that message to them and we believe they understand and reason with us that here in Nigeria, the predominant Islamic school of jurisprudence is Maliki School of thoughts, which allows for a group Muharam,” the Speaker said.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/08/tambuwal-says-saudi-government-agrees-to-accept-deported-pilgrims/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by 9jaIhail(m): 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
OMG. someone should please save my people from this perpetual slavery. What kind of bullshit is that? After disgracing you on top of all the millions of dollars we spent to send you people to saudi they turn you all back home, now you are here telling me the first good news is they have accepted you back , the second is we have rebuild the relationship between saudi and Nigiria. What a slave mentality at work.See me as i dey dance alanta because saudi don accept you back.Abeg someone should get me akamu with salt, this insult is too much.

12 Likes

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by acidtalk: 11:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
Okay let's be watching. Because Nigerian politicians are pathetic liars known to raise the hopes of the common man only to find out they were lying.

Also let them caution seriously both the male and female pilgrims against illicit act in the Holy land because the Arabs won't put sentiments in their punishment the way it happens over here.

Wish them all a safe journey and pilgrimage.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
9ja_I_hail: OMG. someone should please save my people from this perpetual slavery. What kind of bullshit is that? After disgracing you on top of all the millions of dollars we spent to send you people to saudi they turn you all back home, now you are here telling me the first good news is they have accepted you back , the second is we have rebuild the relationship between saudi and Nigiria. What a slave mentality at work.See me as i dey dance alanta because saudi don accept you back.Abeg someone should get me akamu with salt, this insult is too much.

lol
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 08, 2012
May I ask you mistress mukinatu, why the bolded part ??

“The first good news is that all of those pilgrims, who have secured valid visas, are being taken back and the understanding we have secured so far with them is that they will be allowed entry into Saudi Arabia,” the Speaker said. "

What is good about the news ?? That you are generating revenue for the govt of saudi arabia??
A useless government is one that puts the religious BURDEN of citizens on her head leaving behind their complete well being and social benefits..

After HAJJ.. ..what NEXT ??

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by tpia5: 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
More killings of course.
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
tpia@:
More killings of course.

What?

Are you Disrespecting my Great Saudi People Again?.
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by 9jaIhail(m): 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
acidosis™:
May I ask you mistress mukinatu, why the bolded part ??

“The first good news is that all of those pilgrims, who have secured valid visas, are being taken back and the understanding we have secured so far with them is that they will be allowed entry into Saudi Arabia,” the Speaker said. "

What is good about the news ?? That you are generating revenue for the govt of saudi arabia??
A useless government is one that puts the religious BURDEN of citizens on her head leaving behind their complete well being and social benefits..

After HAJJ.. ..what NEXT ??

My brother follow me ask ooo. In fact i am proved reading the bolded look to me like my people actually celebrate slavery shiittttttt. Who is bring me the akamu with salt? what an insult to a giant of africa. Aren't we?
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by COOLDUN: 11:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
Nigeria muslim government officials have not told Nigerians exactly what they gain from this desperate pilgrimage to the KSA. What is good about readmitting the humiliated, embarrassed and deported Nigerians back into their country again? This country has no international regards and respects again. It is high time you save the country from this shameful mental slavery, by dividing the country so that people could go home and restructure their countries and lives. Than playing these blind man games.
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by acidtalk: 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
tpia@:
More killings of course.

You sure need a BRAIN transplant.
Its proven!!!
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Orblonde: 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2012
Chei, na so dem dey insult us and we lap it up like a hungry village dog that has stooped down to eat poo. Until the black man realises that our inferiority complex is being butress via the manipulation of religion we will remain other peopls donkeys. Oh Nigeria! What a shaaaaame!!!!
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 08, 2012
So na who go pay for their transport back to Saudi Arabia? Do Saudis think that the distance from nigeria to their country is like nigeria to chad? See as dem dey waste tax payers money! Mtscheeew!

1 Like

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
Orblonde: Chei, na so dem dey insult us and we lap it up like a hungry village dog that has stooped down to eat poo. Until the black man realises that our inferiority complex is being butress via the manipulation of religion we will remain other peopls donkeys. Oh Nigeria! What a shaaaaame!!!!

I gotta admit, i am really proud of some of the Comments being Written.

Help free your brothers from the Mental Shackles of "Man-Religion" and Singular Deity-Ism Worship

Abrahamic religions are the concoction of Male EGO, nothing more.

More importantly if you are going to worship a Fabricated Singular Super God, of Irrational Single Human Comprehension, at least let him be created out of the Image of your Own People.

#Anti-Religion

#Anti-ManWorship

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Kslib(m): 11:45pm On Oct 08, 2012
One thing the muslims have,is a very very strong and determined mind..i commend them for that. These people can protest on an hungry dry stomach for ninety days on what is not necessary.. Now,i hope these guys can use that same strong mind to reject this latest decision by the saudi government and choose to worship at home...

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by GhostFaceKiller: 12:11am On Oct 09, 2012
and who is paying for this jihad training? I definitely know it's not from groundnuts.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Castos(m): 12:14am On Oct 09, 2012
ahhhhhhh naja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by NovusHomo(m): 12:16am On Oct 09, 2012
Must they go to MAKKA? What's wrong with Oshogbo and Okija?
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 09, 2012
They decide when to accept and when not to. We can't continue to stoop so low...

1 Like

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by muktarmtt(m): 12:38am On Oct 09, 2012
9ja_I_hail: OMG. someone should please save my people from this perpetual slavery. What kind of bullshit is that? After disgracing you on top of all the millions of dollars we spent to send you people to saudi they turn you all back home, now you are here telling me the first good news is they have accepted you back , the second is we have rebuild the relationship between saudi and Nigiria. What a slave mentality at work.See me as i dey dance alanta because saudi don accept you back.Abeg someone should get me akamu with salt, this insult is too much.
shut d Bleep up is dat ur is dat ur money dey spend dey work 4 dat money, nd dnt isreal take ur ppl back dey want u. In dere country mumu u come here dey make mouth mtsw
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by muktarmtt(m): 12:47am On Oct 09, 2012
Kslib: One thing the muslims have,is a very very strong and determined mind..i commend them for that. These people can protest on an hungry dry stomach for ninety days on what is not necessary.. Now,i hope these guys can use that same strong mind to reject this latest decision by the saudi government and choose to worship at home...
U r mad crazzy ass muther Fucker wad d u knw rlgn mumu
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by muktarmtt(m): 12:51am On Oct 09, 2012
GhostFaceKiller: and who is paying for this jihad training? I definitely know it's not from groundnuts.
nd not frm pam wine or casava bread lol
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Kslib(m): 12:56am On Oct 09, 2012
muktar mtt: U r mad crazzy ass muther Fucker wad d u knw rlgn mumu
Hahaha!!! Abeg i no get your time...
See as this "nama" dey wet this thread with him poisonous saliva... My guy,wen last did you brush ya brown/yellow teeth? Do you even remember the colour of "close up"?
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by GhostFaceKiller: 12:59am On Oct 09, 2012
muktar mtt: nd not frm pam wine or casava bread lol

muktar mtt: U r mad crazzy ass muther Fucker wad d u knw rlgn mumu

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by ajoguegbe(m): 1:04am On Oct 09, 2012
It is clear that Christianity is the only religion bringing millions of income to the country by a way of pilgrimage. Do you know how many pilgrims fly into this country to visit major churches and church programmes. Synagogue with all the controversy surrounding it pulls millions of USD weekly from top level government officials in foreign countries. When Christ Embassy holds their annual pastord and leadership programme, the whole hotel in Lagos is fully booked by foreigners. Don't mention redeemed programmes, house on the Rock EXPERIENCE, PLATFORM,etc.

It is therefore obvious that Christianity is what we need in this nation to move forward

1 Like

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by hauwabd(f): 1:35am On Oct 09, 2012
ajoguegbe: It is clear that Christianity is the only religion bringing millions of income to the country by a way of pilgrimage. Do you know how many pilgrims fly into this country to visit major churches and church programmes. Synagogue with all the controversy surrounding it pulls millions of USD weekly from top level government officials in foreign countries. When Christ Embassy holds their annual pastord and leadership programme, the whole hotel in Lagos is fully booked by foreigners. Don't mention redeemed programmes, house on the Rock EXPERIENCE, PLATFORM,etc.

It is therefore obvious that Christianity is what we need in this nation to move forward

Oga, how is it moving the nation forward? Is the USD being used in the Nation's economy or church/Pastors' pockets? The private jets these monies are being used for, is it Nigerian airline or for the church? Abeg make we hear word o jare!

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by hauwabd(f): 1:43am On Oct 09, 2012
For all you ignoramus on Nairaland, Hajj is one of the pillars of Islam and it is advised that as a muslim, you should strive to go for Hajj at least once in your lifetime. We are not going there because of the arabs, we are simply undertaking our religious obligations, there is no arrogance or humiliation in the course of serving God. The Holy Kaaba is in Saudi not Nigeria or any other place, so we have no other choice but to go back and complete our religious obligations against all odds. If you do not understand this, then respect our belief, shikenan!

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by GhostFaceKiller: 2:03am On Oct 09, 2012
hauwabd: For all you ignoramus on Nairaland, Hajj is one of the pillars of Islam and it is advised that as a muslim, you should strive to go for Hajj at least once in your lifetime. We are not going there because of the arabs, we are simply undertaking our religious obligations, there is no arrogance or humiliation in the course of serving God. The Holy Kaaba is in Saudi not Nigeria or any other place, so we have no other choice but to go back and complete our religious obligations against all odds. If you do not understand this, then respect our belief, shikenan!

nobody says you shouldn't go but i don't have to be the one to subsidize it for you through my hard earned tax money.
If you trek from here to the coast of Sudan you can board a rickety smelly fishing trawler to cross the dead see over to mecca. The other option is to join your muslim pirates on the gulf of eden. am sure they will be willing to do you this service. Even, all the countries on your holy journey are muslim so you are guarrantted food and board from your brothers.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Nobody: 3:48am On Oct 09, 2012
mental slavery in action.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:01am On Oct 09, 2012
The Nigerian govt did a good thing by ensuring that the diplomatic relationship between Saudi,and Nigeria is not totally severed,Two wrongs don't make a right..and morever,its one of the obligation of a moslem to perform atleast once in a lifetime,so the reconcilatory effort is needed on the part of Nigeria.
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 09, 2012
Malus called Nigerian leaders.

Smh. sad
Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 09, 2012
I wouldn't go back there if I were any of the Nigerians who were internationally disgraced by these people.

Arabs have done far more damage to Africa than any European and it saddens me that we continue to allow them to.

Why go back there? For the sake of Islam? For the sake of Allah?
lol these people have proven for centuries that despite praying on the same mat with you in the same Mosque that they DO NOT LIKE YOU!

You are not considered their equal. FFS these people wanted to go there and WORSHIP and still got barred/kicked out! grin I mean seriously, wake and rise up already.

I'm tired of my people being the laughing stock of the universe. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:10am On Oct 09, 2012
hauwabd: For all you ignoramus on Nairaland, Hajj is one of the pillars of Islam and it is advised that as a muslim, you should strive to go for Hajj at least once in your lifetime. We are not going there because of the arabs, we are simply undertaking our religious obligations, there is no arrogance or humiliation in the course of serving God. The Holy Kaaba is in Saudi not Nigeria or any other place, so we have no other choice but to go back and complete our religious obligations against all odds. If you do not understand this, then respect our belief, shikenan!

lol...oh really?
and who introduced Islam to your neck of the woods my dear? grin
WHy aren't you praying in the direction of Abuja or Lagos? grin grin

"The Holy Kaaba is in Saudi not Nigeria"

smh. ok. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AIT Takes Down Site to conceal JonaTAN's Embarrassing Defeat!!! / Nnamdi Kanu Writes Open Letter To EU - Naij.com / See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.