Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:45 PM

UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students (14637 Views)

Two Students Murdered By Fulani Herdsmen Today (graphic Pictures) / Nigerian Lady Murdered In Horrific Manner In Russia (Photo) / Day Of Mourning For People Of Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:59am On Oct 09, 2012
You can read about Lloyd's mum's tell of the Character of Lloyd. I hope God helps her deal with the pain.

Mrs. Jane Toku, The Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The ALUU 4) Expresses Shock

https://www.nairaland.com/1069238/mrs-jane-toku-mother-lloyd#12481703
embarassed
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Goldieluks: 3:01am On Oct 09, 2012
This is very painful, I don't pass a day without remembering the painful picture in my head. I pray justice is done to the killers, so that my mind would be at ease.

2 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by thatchic: 3:28am On Oct 09, 2012
The guy with the gun, why didn’t he help these four young men escape? Why didn’t the debtor come clean, when he saw the situation was getting out ? Anything to have prevented this savagery. If they were criminals on a mission, they would have been armed, right? four souls lost in the most gruesome manner. Oh the wickedness of men: the debtor that raised the false alarm, the gun toting friend that brought out his gun but left the others behind, why didn’t he shoot in the air while escaping with them? Why didn’t the villagers stop to listen? Did they attempt to “rush” these so called vigilantes at any point before they were completely subdued? #justiceforthe4

Dullard: I just saw this account on daily post.

"Murder of 4 UNIPORT students: An exclusive story behind their death

The brutal murder of the Four students of the University of Port Harcourt has become a major source of worry to many Nigerians who feel that human lives have no value as far as the country is concerned.

Since the incident, many people have advocated for the immediate arrest of those behind the heinous act and possibly charge them if found guilty. While some have continued to advocate for death sentence, others advocate for life imprisonment.

However, Daily Post investigation reveals that none of the four murdered students was involved in robbery or any kind of pilfering. Our correspondent spoke with an anonymous colleague of the late Llyod and Ugo whom he said were aspiring musicians and his colleagues.

It was gathered from the source that Ugo and Lloyd were cousins. Someone was indebted to Ugo around the community and had vowed not to pay. Ugo who was popularly known as Tipsy had gone to meet with a fearless University guy (name-withheld) to help them track the debtor who had been on the run. The guy who was feared by many in the school had accepted to accompany his friends to get the debtor tracked down and get his own percentage of the money. They were joined by their room mate, Chidiaka. On their way to the place, they met one of their friends, Tekena, who knew nothing about the plan, and he joined, just for the hype as it’s normal with young boys of juvenile age.

They were actually 5 that got to the debtor’s compound. Unknown to the other four, the “Confra” guy who was contracted to intimidate the debtor just to get the money paid went with a gun .When they got to the guy’s house around 12am, fight ensued, as the debtor confronted them. A next door neighbour, a woman started shouting on top of her voice, that they were thieves, attracting other bad boys around the areas, whom they said were mainly “vickins”, rival cult group of the one on contract. They swung into action by tipping the vigilantee who confronted the boys, referring to them as thieves. At the process of beating the boys, and while they were trying to explain, the fifth ‘guy’,the cultist brought out his gun to scare the people, and he escaped, leaving the rest four at the mercy of the villagers.

The explanation they tried to give fell on the community’s deaf ears as the people insisted that they must be killed. Another close friend of Ugo and Lloyd had reacted by calling on the president to take action against those behind the murder of the four students. The young man who had pleaded that his identity be kept secret said: “Mr President those 4 boys who were killed at Aluu near Uniport were my young friends. I was their mentor. Two of them were promising rappers and singers. I am forwarding their work ironically titled “ain’t no love in the
city” http://hitplayonline.files./2012/08/17-heart-of-the-city-ft-yetty-big-l-and-tipsy.mp3″.

This story got to dailypost as an eyewitness account from the 5th boy who escaped. He narrated this to Ugo and Lloyd’s friend who has pleaded that his identity be kept secret."

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/08/murder-4-uniport-students-an-exclusive-story-behind-death/

It also looks like one of them is not yet a student but aspiring for admission.

Tags: featured

DailyPost Staff
View all posts by DailyPost Staff →
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by polokor60(m): 3:56am On Oct 09, 2012
i'm no longer my happy self since i saw the pictures of how those young lads were wasted by the savages of aluu community.they pleaded for their lives and begged for a second chance but it was to no avail.they saw their dreams and aspiration in life fading away slowing hoping for a last minute miracle that never happened.slowly they had no option but to accept their fate(which is to died a very painful and slow death).i delibrately refused to watch that horrific video becauses if i do it ll haunt me for the rest of my days.may GOD grant the families of the bereaved the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.As for the savages/killers in aluu,woe betide thee.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by clip: 4:18am On Oct 09, 2012
Agreed that they were "robbers" as some said. Why can't they hand them over to the police after beating.If they can do this to those boys for robbing the community according to them. I think it is also good if they continue. The jungle justice to all their leaders who has one way or other rob the community millions of Nara in the project awarded to them. Justice should not be partial.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 09, 2012
@The Boy that "joined" just for the hype. shocked

Very unfortunate turn of events. Sad.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by ektbear: 5:04am On Oct 09, 2012
So, was it confirmed that they weren't the armed robbers or something?
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Roland17(m): 5:31am On Oct 09, 2012
It took a lot of courage for me to finish that video, it was so inhumane, i could hear my heart grief with a lot of pain and anger, definitely not a video clip i would want to share with my friends here, the level of lawlessness perpetuated daily in Nigeria is utterly insane.

Rest in peace #ALUU4
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by yugogos(m): 5:50am On Oct 09, 2012
Nothing good shall ever proceed fromm that Aluu cos the land has been cursed by the blood of those young men.The Avenger of Blood must surely visit them and their fourth generation.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Adufaye(m): 6:11am On Oct 09, 2012

The brutal murder of the Four students of the University of Port Harcourt has become a major source of worry to many Nigerians who feel that human lives have no value as far as the country is concerned.

Since the incident, many people have advocated for the immediate arrest of those behind the heinous act and possibly charge them if found guilty. While some have continued to advocate for death sentence, others advocate for life imprisonment.

However, Daily Post investigation reveals that none of the four murdered students was involved in robbery or any kind of pilfering. Our correspondent spoke with an anonymous colleague of the late Llyod and Ugo whom he said were aspiring musicians and his colleagues.

It was gathered from the source that Ugo and Lloyd were cousins. Someone was indebted to Ugo around the community and had vowed not to pay. Ugo who was popularly known as Tipsy had gone to meet with a fearless University guy (name-withheld) to help them track the debtor who had been on the run. The guy who was feared by many in the school had accepted to accompany his friends to get the debtor tracked down and get his own percentage of the money. They were joined by their room mate, Chidiaka. On their way to the place, they met one of their friends, Tekena, who knew nothing about the plan, and he joined, just for the hype as it’s normal with young boys of juvenile age.

They were actually 5 that got to the debtor’s compound. Unknown to the other four, the “Confra” guy who was contracted to intimidate the debtor just to get the money paid went with a gun .When they got to the guy’s house around 12am, fight ensued, as the debtor confronted them. A next door neighbour, a woman started shouting on top of her voice, that they were thieves, attracting other bad boys around the areas, whom they said were mainly “vickins”, rival cult group of the one on contract. They swung into action by tipping the vigilantee who confronted the boys, referring to them as thieves. At the process of beating the boys, and while they were trying to explain, the fifth ‘guy’,the cultist brought out his gun to scare the people, and he escaped, leaving the rest four at the mercy of the villagers.

The explanation they tried to give fell on the community’s deaf ears as the people insisted that they must be killed. Another close friend of Ugo and Lloyd had reacted by calling on the president to take action against those behind the murder of the four students. The young man who had pleaded that his identity be kept secret said: “Mr President those 4 boys who were killed at Aluu near Uniport were my young friends. I was their mentor. Two of them were promising rappers and singers. I am forwarding their work ironically titled “ain’t no love in the
city” http://hitplayonline.files./2012/08/17-heart-of-the-city-ft-yetty-big-l-and-tipsy.mp3″.

This story got to dailypost as an eyewitness account from the 5th boy who escaped. He narrated this to Ugo and Lloyd’s friend who has pleaded that his identity be kept secret."

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/08/murder-4-uniport-students-an-exclusive-story-behind-death/

DailyPost Staff
tru story of d case!
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Ariyke: 6:17am On Oct 09, 2012
All my life av only heard of Nightmare haunting peeps bt never experienced it until i watched the video of this killing i cant stop bt cry and my heart griefs anytime the memory flash through my mind, i just cant stop crying for the injustice done to these boys, even if they commited the crime they were accused of who are we human to judge them i repeat it even if they (killers) are nt killed they guys are gonna haunt them till the end of their lives.

Each and everyone of the people who pertook in the murder of those guys will nt go scot free. *SOBS*
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by raycomray: 6:19am On Oct 09, 2012
I just wept after seeing their pictures and listening to their music-'aint no love...'
The account posted by Daily Post, if true, clearly shows that these victims were simply unlucky. The armed cultist who they employed caused the ...

May the Good Lord accept their soul. Amen!
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by ixora3(f): 6:25am On Oct 09, 2012
Goodmorning all,what is the update on this issue,how many people have been confirmed apprehended..what sanctions have bin given,this is the way 4ward..cos I jus cannot imagine that even a woman had the gutts 2 be there while this barbaric act happened..if they were really not thieves I feel the best legal judment is 2 sentence all involved..2 live imprisonment with hardlabor..may the souls of the faithful departed RIP
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Ariyke: 6:35am On Oct 09, 2012
ixora3: Goodmorning all,what is the update on this issue,how many people have been confirmed apprehended..what sanctions have bin given,this is the way 4ward..cos I jus cannot imagine that even a woman had the gutts 2 be there while this barbaric act happened..if they were really not thieves I feel the best legal judment is 2 sentence all involved..2 live imprisonment with hardlabor..may the souls of the faithful departed RIP
U can imagine the lady in jean and purple top snapping away like no tomorrow, i think she should also be arrested.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by surmeister(m): 6:47am On Oct 09, 2012
mba emeka:

400Likes!
I just found courage to watch d video yesterday n can't get a grip f myself yet. God rest dere souls.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 09, 2012
Until the govt can protect its citizens these things will continue to happen. I heard on the news about a gang in lagos called one million boys who have been having a field day in ajegunle. Raping women has become the order of the day. As usual, police are doing absolutely nothing, so the communities have turned to vigilantes who will dispense their own version of justice immediately.

If only the rich can be protected in this country, expect more of this anarchy.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by ixora3(f): 7:11am On Oct 09, 2012
What is the news...any uniport student around?
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by afanda(m): 7:26am On Oct 09, 2012
Sam Milla: Century of tears.
Century where people go to schools or markets to shoot others.
Century where some people believe that there are better than others.
Century where people lie to others in the name of God just to make money.

Century where Almost everythin is all about money.
I dont mourn humans for 7 days.
I mourn them forever because even if i dont remember them within 7 days, i will still remember them someday.

To the dead,
You were among us here on this dry breezy place called earth, we will be with you somewhere else someday.
Stay good and prepare the road for us,
Its not even easy here.
On point, feel U!
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by DarkFive: 8:16am On Oct 09, 2012

DailyPost Staff

THAT IS THE TRUTH .....now tell me if they deserved an iota of what they deserved.I feel bitter in my heart
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by ujchief(m): 8:26am On Oct 09, 2012
7 days of mourning ke! Wat sort of trash is that? Declare a 7 wks of war on Aluu! Uniport dey fall hand seriously! Dont they have fraternities and brotherhoods in that school? Or the kind of cultism they practice is to intimidate girls and bully innocent guys! Thats why i love Unizik! Those stupid villagers would had a bitter taste of their own wickednes. All the fratenities would have buried their individual differences and colours just to fight the common enemy! Thats what cultism is for, 'one for all, all for one'.
Once, when those stupid Awka villagers floged students during their stupid ime-awka festival, the students clashed wit them, and since then, they'v drawn their boundaries where and where not to cros during their stupid ime-awka.
Hack those alu villages to death! Kill them all!
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by kunletade(m): 8:44am On Oct 09, 2012
Nigerians will never cease to amaze me even if the boys in question are guilty of what they have been accused off, then what did we do to our leader that have steal what belong to us for years, there is a saying in Czech "The big thieves hang the small thieves" all the people that witness the incident should be arrested because they are notin but a wicked human being.

R.I.P to the deceased
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by trix1: 8:47am On Oct 09, 2012
I have silently watched in disgust while people have taken to social forums to spew crap! When the news broke, these boys were called robbers, latter the story changed to cultist, now some now say they are even innocent. I would not Join any camp to pronounce them guilty or innocent.

But I know that this would NEVER have happened when I was a student on campus! No student would have stood by to watch their fellow student beaten this much!!

If they were guilty, infact Even if they were caught red-handed, we would never have allowed the local community do this to one of us! The Spirit of Aluta was still alive! Injury to one was Injury to all.
We would rather take the students into campus and deal with them in our own way. How many parents would allow their child to be punished by someone else? Shame on all the students who stood and watched this happened

Now even if they were cultist as some claim, then I say shame on the cult they belonged to. Four days after the murder of 4 of their own, they have done NOTHING!! When I was in campus, their fellow cultist would have either attempted to rescue them, or avenged their blood by now!

If they were Innocent, I say again Shame on all Uniport Students who stood by taking pictures and videos!! The pictures and videos they took did not even clearly show the killer’s faces!!! If you couldn’t rescue your fellow student, at least call police, your CSO or take videos and photos that can be used to catch the killers

Most of us have watched the gruesome video and are angered or irritated, so it beats my imagination to know that their fellow students stood by taking fotos and videos while this happened, and were neither angered or irritated, and made no effort to rescue them. Now they have flooded cyber space with pictures and all sort of write-ups, most of these serve no other purpose but to drive traffic to blogs, and websites!!

Where is NANS? Where is Uniport SUG? Where is Rivers state student Association executive?
Four days after, No congress!!!! Shame!! Shame on all of you!!

Everyone should stop blaming the community alone! The students who took fotos to drive traffic to their blogs are murderers!! NANS executive that has decided to only pay courtesy calls to Government and multi-nationals are murderers!! The SUG that has refused to put the interest of Students above personal gains are murderers!!

Greatest Nigerian Students!!! Great!!
We refuse to be intimidated!!
Aluta Continua, Victoria Acerta
InJury to One is Injury to All!

NB: Pardon brevity, Typos regretted.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by ignis: 8:50am On Oct 09, 2012
virgin_vampire: He who mourns for THREE will MOURN FOR MORE except WE MOURN WITH VENGEANCE
Two wrongs cannot make a right.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Mobinga: 8:51am On Oct 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

For someone who is NOT Nigerian, Blyss, you awfully do concern yourself with Nigerian affairs. Hmm.

Anywaz, I want to cosign, but no way am I putting my credit card (donation) info on anything Nigerian related.

Spoken like a true ldiot as usual. Keep it up.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Okijajuju1(m): 8:54am On Oct 09, 2012

DailyPost Staff

[b] My problems with this story..

1. 5 guys go to collect a debt from a 'Runs man'.. How much was that debt?!

2. Its already a known fact that the 4 of them who died were all members of the MAFIA CONFRATANITY.. How did Maf boys go lending a Vikings money?! And not just your average Vikings, but a notorious one at that.

3. They went to his house with a gun!! I dont believe that they were not aware that one of them was packing heat!!

4. I can believe that the guys who lynched them were Vikings boys.. Afterall, even Okada men are Vikings members.. Why would they risk going into a place like Aluu thats crawling with these miscreants to collect a loan armed with a gun?!

The part of someone raising an alarm, the guy with the gun escaping and all that I can believe..

The truth is that we all have lived and schooled in Nigerian universities and know how to detect bullshiit when we hear it. 5 guys going to collect a loan seems like overkill to me. Now 5 'runs men' armed with a gun going to collect an 'alleged' loan from one person sounds even more unbelievable. Anyone who knows Nigerian Unis well will tell you the same. I never one day believed that they were robbers. But the story of what they went to whoevers house to do can only be fully revealed by that fifth guy who escaped.. Last intel I recieved on that guy is that he has already fled the state.

[/b]
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by tunapawizzy: 9:05am On Oct 09, 2012
Okija_juju:

2. Its already a known fact that the 4 of them who died were all members of the MAFIA CONFRATANITY.. How did Maf boys go lending a Vikings money?! And not just your average Vikings, but a notorious one at that.

3. They went to his house with a gun!! I dont believe that they were not aware that one of them was packing heat!!

4. I can believe that the guys who lynched them were Vikings boys.. Afterall, even Okada men are Vikings members.. Why would they risk going into a place like Aluu thats crawling with these miscreants to collect a loan armed with a gun?!

The part of someone raising an alarm, the guy with the gun escaping and all that I can believe..

The truth is that we all have lived and schooled in Nigerian universities and know how to detect bullshiit when we hear it. 5 guys going to collect a loan seems like overkill to me. Now 5 'runs men' armed with a gun going to collect an 'alleged' loan from one person sounds even more unbelievable. Anyone who knows Nigerian Unis well will tell you the same. I never one day believed that they were robbers. But the story of what they went to whoevers house to do can only be fully revealed by that fifth guy who escaped.. Last intel I recieved on that guy is that he has already fled the state.

[/b]

very well said....but i can tell u dat fifth guy is gone forever....i mean FOREVER
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Adufaye(m): 9:18am On Oct 09, 2012
Okija_juju:

[/b]
guy u talk lyk 1,r u a Vikings?
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Subuhanalahi: 9:22am On Oct 09, 2012
RIP
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by mortee: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2012
freecocoa: If I don't stay away from the internet till this issue dies down, I may just lose my mind, the pain and anger is just too much.

You get sense, guy. You just taught me the best way to stop this immense pain I am feeling inside because of this brutality and savagery. Off I go...
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by dabuc(f): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2012
yugogos: Nothing good shall ever proceed fromm that Aluu cos the land has been cursed by the blood of those young men.The Avenger of Blood must surely visit them and their fourth generation.

AMEN
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 09, 2012
I still find it hard to believe dis story.......because if I dare comment, I go dabaru this place wiv my ranting
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by kagel: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2012
DICKtator: R.I.P to[b]C[/b]hiadika, [b]U[/b]gonna,[b]L[/b]loyd,[b]T[/b]ekena
Huh?
What a co-incidence though!!
Why can't those in PH give information on what really happened?
Till then my comment remains reserved
#NoToJungleJustice
cry cry cry cry
[b]"Murder of 4 UNIPORT students: An exclusive story behind their death

They were actually 5 that got to the debtor’s compound. Unknown to the other four, the “Confra” guy who was contracted to intimidate the debtor just to get the money paid went with a gun .When they got to the guy’s house around 12am, fight ensued, as the debtor confronted them. A next door neighbour, a woman started shouting on top of her voice, that they were thieves, attracting other bad boys around the areas, whom they said were mainly “vickins”, rival cult group of the one on contract. They swung into action by tipping the vigilantee who confronted the boys, referring to them as thieves. At the process of beating the boys, and while they were trying to explain, the fifth ‘guy’,the cultist brought out his gun to scare the people, and he escaped, leaving the rest four at the mercy of the villagers.

[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor Accuses Assistant Police Commissioner Of Torture (pic) / Nigerian Man Arrested With 178 Grams Of Cocaine In India / Yunusa Dahiru Stil In Detention After Court Granted Him Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.