Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address (13291 Views)

Buhari To Announce Ministerial List During Oct 1 National Address- Breakingtimes / President Jonathan To Address The Nation Tomorrow By 7am. / Oyo State Govt Declares 7pm To 7am Curfew With Immediate Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by romi: 9:01am On Oct 09, 2012
To think i had to set a reminder since yesterday to wake up early and listen to GEJ's national address as i thought he wanted to assert his authority about the numerous Security concerns affecting the Nation only for him to waste 10minutes of my precious time announcing how DANGOTE(chairman), ADENUGA (vice), GOVERNORS, E.T.C and Him... Are going to share BILLIONS OF NAIRA all in the name of setting up FLOOD COMMITTEE, Haba Why!!!! SMH

6 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Mobinga: 9:04am On Oct 09, 2012
Go and sit down.

5 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by romi: 9:04am On Oct 09, 2012
Let me add that this is my opinion/view about the broadcast o, he didnt literarily talk about sharing money BUT this is the connotative meaning as far as i am concerned, everyone is free to comment and are also entitled to thier own opinion
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by warrior01: 9:12am On Oct 09, 2012
romi: To think i had to set a reminder since yesterday to wake up early and listen to GEJ's national address as i thot he wanted to assert his authority about the numerous Security concerns affecting the Nation only for him to waste 10minutes of my precious time announcing how DANGOTE(chairman), ADENUGA (vice), GOVERNORS, E.T.C and Him... Are going to share BILLIONS OF NAIRA all in the name of setting up FLOOD COMMITTEE, Haba Why!!!! SMH
just imagine this nonentity saying the president wasted his jobless time. You better go look for work; jobless fool.

9 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by SOHKAHTOA: 9:13am On Oct 09, 2012
And your opinion could also tell how stupidi you could be.. A man is not more than his utterances. Na by force to post for nairaland.?

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Witi(m): 9:17am On Oct 09, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: And your opinion could also tell how stupid could be.. A man is not more than his utterances. Na by force to post for nairaland.?
Mobinga: Go and sit down.
U people are cluless i.d.i.o.t must you comment on every post or must hurl insult at people, probably you are frustrated.

13 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by romi: 10:49am On Oct 09, 2012
warrior01:
just imagine this nonentity saying the president wasted his jobless time. You better go look for work; jobless fool.
SOH KAH TOA: And your opinion could also tell how stupidi you could be.. A man is not more than his utterances. Na by force to post for nairaland.?
SOH KAH TOA: And your opinion could also tell how stupidi you could be.. A man is not more than his utterances. Na by force to post for nairaland.?

Let me EDUCATE and ENLIGHTEN you that the reason for this post is for everyone to share thier views
If you didn't like my view, you can simply disagree or keep quiet if you have no view to share
If you are Frustrated simply look for someone else to vent your anger on as i refuse to join issues with both of you

5 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by SOHKAHTOA: 10:58am On Oct 09, 2012
Witi: U people are cluless i.d.i.o.t must you comment on every post or must hurl insult at people, probably you are frustrated.
Look at this imbecilic being using the monikers, Witi and Romi and hitting likes at his folly... Park well jor!
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by taharqa: 11:03am On Oct 09, 2012
romi: To think i had to set a reminder since yesterday to wake up early and listen to GEJ's national address as i thot he wanted to assert his authority about the numerous Security concerns affecting the Nation only for him to waste 10minutes of my precious time announcing how DANGOTE(chairman), ADENUGA (vice), GOVERNORS, E.T.C and Him... Are going to share BILLIONS OF NAIRA all in the name of setting up FLOOD COMMITTEE, Haba Why!!!! SMH
How old are you @OP

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Mallamabdul: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2012
I have just come to find out that no matter what good the president does, there are some people on Nairaland who are paid to discredit him.
Its too bad and we can't build our democratic culture that way.

7 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2012
I was disappointed. I thought he wanted to announce Dame's death...

Just a repeat of the usual Nigerian response to adversity: Spend more money...

3 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Vogue50: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2012
Because we are not accustomed to brief presidential speeches like this , we consider it unnecessary and Improvised. Every leader has his or her own way to govern and shouldn't be misconstrued when he opts to thread on an unconventional path. For me , this act does not diminish his personality as the president or make him appear common rather depicts how a leader should behave by being submissive and reachable to his people.
He made the speech to assure the nation of governments commitment to fight and curb this prevailing flood disaster .He also made known to Nigerians that 17.6billion has been embarked to check and forestall Subsequent disaster.
This funds will be allocated as follows : 13.3billion naira for States , 4.3billion naira for Federal Govt and Agencies .
A comitee on flood relief and rehabilitation has been set up by the federal government to assist Govt raise funds to mitigate the poor and ensure the effect of post impact rehabilitation of victims.

4 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by CrazyMan(m): 11:45am On Oct 09, 2012
Due to the epileptic power supply in my abode, I couldn't watch it therefore I can't make any comment for now.

Maybe when I have access to the his speech I would air my contributions.

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Foxybone(m): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2012
Na which kind nonsense una dey post for here... **Runs swiftly and rewinds the radio to see if President Jonathan spoke about the change in price of Una-know-na but was disappointed** So, how e carry concern me how president Jonathan go carry manage flood... Mtchwww..... grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg, make una free me jor... With all this front page post... Mtchwwww angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Callotti: 11:48am On Oct 09, 2012
People must have been bored. . . waking up and actually looking forward to whatever he had to say.
I was not even gonna waste my electricity.
Glad I didn't.
FLOOD COMMITTEE INDEED.
Abeg. . .make I run comot from Naija. . . before the implementation of PHASE 2. . .OIL SUBSIDY REMOVAL CLOSE ALL H-AIRPORTS.

Rain nefa fall finish o. . . .!
EROSION COMMITTEE NKO? grin

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by blaazoon22(m): 11:49am On Oct 09, 2012
Hhaha,he addressed flood issue n assigned dangote , adenuga... to head d committee.Plz, GEJ should also setup a committee to look into d case of d 4murdered uniport students o_ Tot he had better tins to say sha

Did Ʊ guys here how much was allocated to d refugees ? Hmmmm , more money was given in billions to other area . Na wa sha !

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by mowk: 11:49am On Oct 09, 2012
GEJ spoke well though insuffiently. Only spoke about natural disasters and totally ignored the man-made disasters that involved the gruesome killings in ALUU and Mubi.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Super1759: 11:49am On Oct 09, 2012
Can people stop being myopic about this nation and her leaders?

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Abujafood: 11:50am On Oct 09, 2012
romi: To think i had to set a reminder since yesterday to wake up early and listen to GEJ's national address as i thought he wanted to assert his authority about the numerous Security concerns affecting the Nation only for him to waste 10minutes of my precious time announcing how DANGOTE(chairman), ADENUGA (vice), GOVERNORS, E.T.C and Him... Are going to share BILLIONS OF NAIRA all in the name of setting up FLOOD COMMITTEE, Haba Why!!!! SMH

At least others especially the over 1 million people displaced by flood would be glad they listened to him.

3 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Basic(m): 11:50am On Oct 09, 2012
It's illogical to spew insults when your opinions are needed. If you're short of reasonable comments or opinions, it suffices that you go over to the next thread (there are thousands of them on NL).

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by freecocoa(f): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2012
To think I woke up early enough and turned on my radio(which almost never happens) just to hear what he had to say, saying I was infuriated after the speech is an understatement.
I don't understand what good that broadcast is supposed to do us, how does Dangote and Wale Adenuga even come into play sef? Someone please enlighten me.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Luckki1001(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2012
@ Op my bro, I tire for the "speech" this morning. When can we ever have a president like Obama? It was very obvious that Retardeen was reading from a screen, reminding me of those days when we dey read from our Slates a.k.a "ipads" in our primary school days. I knew the main subject will be the flood sweeping across the country, which is fine by me, but to not even mention anything about security in this country, in light of the ALUU incident, beats me. And to cap it all up, it ended as a money-sharing avenue for him and his cohorts! Terrible! We seriously need another president, and shouldn't wait for another four years to get rid of the myopic retard currently posing as our president.

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by freecocoa(f): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2012
Callotti: People must have been bored. . . waking up and actually looking forward to whatever he had to say.
I was not even gonna waste my electricity.
Glad I didn't.
FLOOD COMMITTEE INDEED.
Abeg. . .make I run comot from Naija. . . before the implementation of PHASE 2. . .OIL SUBSIDY REMOVAL CLOSE ALL H-AIRPORTS.

Rain nefa fall finish o. . . .!
EROSION COMMITTEE NKO? grin
Ahn ahn, you came to Nigeria? That's a first.cheesy
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Abujafood: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2012
musKeeto: I was disappointed. I thought he wanted to announce Dame's death...

What kind of wickedness is this? So you were wishing her dead?

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by divatosin(f): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2012
Vogue50: Because we are not accustomed to brief presidential speeches like this , we consider it unnecessary and Improvised. Every leader has his or her own way to govern and shouldn't be misconstrued when he opts to thread on an unconventional path. For me , this act does not diminish his personality as the president or make him appear common rather depicts how a leader should behave by being submissive and reachable to his people.
He made the speech to assure the nation of governments commitment to fight and curb this prevailing flood disaster .He also made known to Nigerians that 17.6billion has been embarked to check and forestall Subsequent disaster.
This funds will be allocated as follows : 13.3billion naira for States , 4.3billion naira for Federal Govt and Agencies .
A comitee on flood relief and rehabilitation has been set up by the federal government to assist Govt raise funds to mitigate the poor and ensure the effect of post impact rehabilitation of victims.
grin cheesy They are yet to understand that things have changed. No more lengthy boring speeches. Straight to the point. Hit the nail on the head and we get down to business. That is the stuff transformation agenda is made of . No time
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by sharpman1(m): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2012
I am sorry, but the broadcast was a complete joke.

Imagine having a 7am broadcast to announce that a fund raising committee has been set up for a flood that occurred weeks ago. Why can't a press release be issued or have the minister of information or one of the numerous advisers on media to address the press.

No single mention of the recent killing of students in PH and Mubi or even attempting to clear the confusing information the public has been fed about the state of health of his wife.

He did not even look good on TV.....the camera angle was bad, no charisma, no swag.....it was like a comedian in a sitcom.

I am sorry for Nigeria if this is the best we can offer.

15 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by bigboy3: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2012
Mr President lacks character and Charisma,looked boring and dull to me, his media/ publicity aides et al should be fired, just looking into that teleprompter looked so funny but seriously, can't he freestyle for just 8 minutes and check the prompter once or twice . He his the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and not a class captain. Anyways, he made sense, clarity of purpose, good strategy and availability of funds to execute but in the name of God, Jesus, Mohammed, Budha, Sango or whatever the committee members worship, they should work and not start acquiring properties in Dubai & South Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2012
Nairalanders! U were askd to share ur views on wat d president said,u are busy sharing abuses on what the poster said...i dey laugh
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Vogue50: 11:56am On Oct 09, 2012
romi: To think i had to set a reminder since yesterday to wake up early and listen to GEJ's national address as i thought he wanted to assert his authority about the numerous Security concerns affecting the Nation only for him to waste 10minutes of my precious time announcing how DANGOTE(chairman), ADENUGA (vice), GOVERNORS, E.T.C and Him... Are going to share BILLIONS OF NAIRA all in the name of setting up FLOOD COMMITTEE, Haba Why!!!! SMH
Take a close look at the calibre of people u mentioned , especially the likes of Dangote and Adenuga , do they in anyway appear fraudulent? Are u not being silly ? Anyway, I consider your Comment trifling ; especially when it's coming from a Maladroit fool !
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by acidtalk: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2012
Someone should tell me this is a joke.

So with all the whole menace going on across the country thats what this man can wake Nigerians up to tell them?
If they are genuinely donating as an act of philanthropic deeds, what stops them from secretly donating without making noise,.

Moreover they are only giving back a meager from what they have stolen and are still stealing from Nigeria.
Now enough money to be stolen again from the National Emergency Agencies and ministry of Environment.

If care is not taken, those people will only use their ears to hear the billions by this time next year, they might well be worst hit by the very same flood.

SATANIC MEN ruling a Crazy country.

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by divatosin(f): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2012
musKeeto: I was disappointed. I thought he wanted to announce Dame's death...

grin grin ;D WITCHES and WIZARDS. your plan no work.
Madam dey kamkpe dey flex for Germany which you no fit go for your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Militants Vow To Attack Dickson Over Unpaid Salaries / FG Sets Up Committee To Fight Hunger In Nigeria / Don’t Succumb To Blackmail, MURIC Tells Pantami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.