Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland (2047 Views)

2016 Mobilisation: NYSC Warns Prospective Corps Members Against Cyber Criminals / Don't Combine National Service And Law School - NYSC Warns / Is It Right For NYSC To Still Be Posting Corpers To The North? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2012
NOTICE TO PROSPECTIVE CORPS MEMBERS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC

The attention of the NYSC Management has been drawn to an advert on www.nairaland.com requesting prospective corps members who wish to serve in Lagos and Abuja or any state for that matter to pay the sum of (N30,000) to First Bank Account Number 303441144.

The advert is posted by one Wankasi Ebinobawei with Phone No 08064916664.

The NYSC Management wishes to inform all prospective corps members and the general public that NYSC does not charge ANY FEE for the posting of corps members to any state whatsoever, Lagos and Abuja inclusive.

The general public should therefore discountenance the advert or any other such advert. We wish to emphasize that NYSC POSTING IS FREE.
Please beware of fraudsters and scammers.
Thank you.

Management

http://www.nysc.gov.ng/posting_scam.php
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 09, 2012
wow! seun becareful mehn!
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 09, 2012
Jenams: wow! seun becareful mehn!
All eyes on nairaland
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by mukina2: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2012
The topic has been removed and the scammer banned.

They should have contacted us first before announcing it.
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 09, 2012
mukina2: The topic has been removed and the scammer banned.

They should have contacted us first before announcing it.
They did the right thing by announcing it, and you did the right thing by removing the topic from the NYSC thread, but if that thread had been given a better attention of late you ll find out there are loads of scammers that have infiltrated that section.. From NYSC racketeers to job scammers, dropping email & phone number.
I think Seun is the moderator there, and he hardly visits.. So it a free for all

1 Like

Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Seun(m): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2012
Actually, there's no moderator here, so I've asked mukina2 to appoint a new moderator.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2012
And I have signified my interest

1 Like

Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by doctokwus: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2012
Ur site is going places Seun,so u need to also b cautious of d posts allowed,particularly d jobs/autos section.Of course u cannot b verifying all posts since its a free medium,but some smell fraud frm miles off& dese are d type dat shd really come down on.
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Seun(m): 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
doctokwus: Ur site is going places Seun,so u need to also b cautious of d posts allowed,particularly d jobs/autos section.Of course u cannot b verifying all posts since its a free medium,but some smell fraud frm miles off& dese are d type dat shd really come down on.
Once you report them, the mods will respond. If the problem persists and we can't handle it , we may have to close the boards affected.
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Obinoscopy(m): 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2012
doctokwus: Ur site is going places Seun,so u need to also b cautious of d posts allowed,particularly d jobs/autos section.Of course u cannot b verifying all posts since its a free medium,but some smell fraud frm miles off& dese are d type dat shd really come down on.

Seun has said it all. Never hesitate to use the report button once you suspect any post or thread. The mods can't be everywhere at the same time. Its with your help and mine that the mods can fish out those scams, spams & trolls and deal with them accordingly. Kind regards.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Seun(m): 7:44pm On Oct 10, 2012
Obinoscopy: Seun has said it all. Never hesitate to use the report button once you suspect any post or thread. The mods can't be everywhere at the same time. Its with your help and mine that the mods can fish out those scams, spams & trolls and deal with them accordingly. Kind regards.
The new mods won't wait for members to report bad things before taking action, but reporting will lead to a faster response.
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
It's appalling. I post more frequently at romance section but visit webmasters and programming sections more and it's disgusting seeing scam replies flying about at both webmasters/programming sections with nothing done about it.

For example I saw the below reply on a post some time ago at webmasters section and just felt like checking out the poster's scam techniques "I can design a website for you exactly like nairaland for #400,000 and Facebook for #1.2 million. Contact me on scammerEmail@gmail.com"

I sent him an email asking him to to design exactly twitter website for me and acting like I needed it badly lol and the first reply I got was "Pay 2 million naira" to a certain GT bank account" lmao. The reply I gave him was simply "Olodo". A scammer that doesn't know how to scam Mtchew...

A scammer can easily be detected. They always act like they could do all things asking the public to contact a Particular email/phone no.

Sharing of email or phone numbers for marketing or ambitious purpose should not be allowed admin Seun smiley
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by CrazyMan(m): 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2012
Una be fool: It's appalling. I post more frequently at romance section but visit webmasters and programming sections more and it's disgusting seeing scam replies flying about at both webmasters/programming sections with nothing done about it.

For example I saw the below reply on a post some time ago at webmasters section and just felt like checking out the poster's scam techniques "I can design a website for you exactly like nairaland for #400,000 and Facebook for #1.2 million. Contact me on scammerEmail@gmail.com"

I sent him an email asking him to to design exactly twitter website for me and acting like I needed it badly lol and the first reply I got was "Pay 2 million naira" to a certain GT bank account" lmao. The reply I gave him was simply "Olodo". A scammer that doesn't know how to scam Mtchew...

A scammer can easily be detected. They always act like they could do all things asking the public to contact a Particular email/phone no.

Sharing of email or phone numbers for marketing or ambitious purpose should not be allowed admin Seun smiley
Hi.

Whenever you see such post on a thread again, use the report button, so the mod on that section can deal with it. Thanks.
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Hi.

Whenever you see such post on a thread again, use the report button, so the mod on that section can deal with it. Thanks.
I have always wanted to report but change my mind whenever I see something like "Your email will be visible to moderators when you report. Click summit to continue" ... It is kinda of a dangerous warning undecided
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Seun(m): 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
Una be fool: I have always wanted to report but change my mind whenever I see something like "Your email will be visible to moderators when you report. Click summit to continue" ... It is kinda of a dangerous warning undecided
We removed that counter-productive warning a long time ago. Reporting a post is perfectly safe. Please start doing it from today.
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Slyr0x: 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
Una be fool: It's appalling. I post more frequently at romance section but visit webmasters and programming sections more and it's disgusting seeing scam replies flying about at both webmasters/programming sections with nothing done about it.

Like others suggested, you should try to use the "Report to Mod" button when there's need for it
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by 2ndeRodriguez(m): 11:31pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mmmmm.... So much replies frm "prospective Mods 2 be" ..... Mmmm.... Well.. Y'all shuld cme out n be counted o wink let's knw who d real Mods r
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by soundtruth(m): 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
It was quite a shock and embarrassment to see nairaland being singled out as social media, the moderators need to sit up but come again what if the runs they work? Anyway there should be some decorum in the way things are done not openly.
Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
K Seun & Slyr0x. I have heard you guys. I will do my best in reporting all scam related replies I come across if that is the little I can give back in return to the forum for helping me alot in my programming,educational and relationship career smiley

Would love to see "Donate" button on the site someday so that I can periodically pay my dues to this website smiley .It is too good to be free. Have a nice day smiley

1 Like

Re: NYSC Warns Against Posting Scam On Nairaland by gadaph(m): 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2012
Das gr8 it is better for that

(1) (Reply)

2015 Batch A Pop Time-table Is Officially Out(pic) / 2012 BATCH A Passing Out / Off To Serve Motherland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.