Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,240 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years (130673 Views)

Nestlé Golden Morn Too Much Sugar / This Is What I Saw On The Golden Penny Spaghetti / Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by pappilo(m): 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2012
Seun:
And then when he grows up you'll wonder why he's short and not as smart as his peers.

This comment makes no sense.

10 Likes

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
All these people with little kids, I don't know what else you want to hear. Oya see proof: "Only 18 out of 18,000, in Gombe, pass WAEC" (source Vanguard) grin.

The other 17,982 people started taking Golden Mourn when they were 6 months grin. For those of you giving your little babies amala...I don't have anything to say to you grin.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
Richfella:
The other 17,982 people started taking Golden Mourn when they were 6 months grin. For those of you giving your little babies amala...I don't have anything to say to you grin.

Yeah, Beats me. undecided
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by onyx79(m): 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
My 2 year old loves Golden Morn, no adverse reactions or any health scares. Same for my neighbour's son who was essentially weaned on the product. I see nothing wrong with Golden Morn!
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Coldfeet(f): 3:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
Nobody is saying Gmorn is bad its just not adviceable to feed it to babies!! Just like you'll find on most pasturized milk the warning that says LIKE COWS MILK THIS PRODUCT HAS NOT BEEN MORDIFIED FOR INFANT FEEDING!!! And still people give them to their babies, also the warning on tobacco yet there many 80yr old smokers around! Feed your babies gmorn if you like but know this if something goes wrong with your baby as a result of gmorn feeding Nestle already got their defence! THEY PLACED A WARNING!!!!!! GOLDEN MORN IS NOT AN INFANT CEREAL (incase you don't know the defination of infant google is dia) NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN BELOW 3 years of age. There is a good reason why the health ministry made sure that warning is placed on the pack.

3 Likes

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by ohzee(f): 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2012
Julesbloom: Golden morn old pack doesnt hv dz age restriction. but its nw on their new pack which amazed me cos hav bn given it to my baby gal since she was 1yr but nw i hv stoped it cos lately she started complaining of stomach cramp wen am giving her d golden morn.
i think nestle company jux discovered it dat its nt suitable for age 2 n below
Julesbloom: Golden morn old pack doesnt hv dz age restriction. but its nw on their new pack which amazed me cos hav bn given it to my baby gal since she was 1yr but nw i hv stoped it cos lately she started complaining of stomach cramp wen am giving her d golden morn.
i think nestle company jux discovered it dat its nt suitable for age 2 n below
I raised all my 4 kids with golden morn which I usually introduce at 9months or so. However my last 2 didn't tolerate it. Rather than constipation it caused them to pass frequent though non watery stool . Literally used to poo poo about 30 minutes after a bowl of gmorn. However in the past that warning wasn't there. I wonder why?
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by eledalo: 4:20pm On Oct 13, 2012
So you dont read the pack of food you give your children?
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by fitzmayowa: 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2012
@ op, thanks for the info.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by chiomat: 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
check very well it is written bodly on it, due a hv been givin my 6mnth baby dis sin she has refuse to take any other tin but nw i wll stop bcus prevention is better dan cure.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by mamagee3(f): 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
I love that cereal!!!

I still miss it.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by rasqman: 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
That info has just been recently added, it was not on the old pack. to think that i have been feeding my son since he was 1 year SMH
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by kandiikane(m): 5:04pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ahhh, I remember my first ever golden morn. I cried for a bit and wondered where in heaven it has been all my life.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by DAvIt0(m): 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
Seun:
And then when he grows up you'll wonder why he's short and not as smart as his peers.
lol

lol funny Seun
or iz dat a fact
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by hakunamatata1: 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2012
JallowBah:

Well, I`m married to a gambian. Our kid has been eating african food since she was about one year old, just with a little less pepper than normal.

What was your point here?
[size=8pt]
sO tHe RaStAmAn iS fRoM gAmBia?
hhhhhhhhhhhhhmn NoW i KnOw SoMeThInG! grin
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by linearity: 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
Paentera: The OP has made this seriously an alarming post but failed to tell us exactly why the cereal is alarming. Ok, it is not to be fed to kids under age 3 however you did not complete your assignment before screaming blue murder. You did well by informing us, but it would have been an excellent post if you had also researched and gave us the feedback of your research as to why this is so. The kid will still take the cereal at 3 years not so? Let us know why its dangerous to feed it to them between age 0 & 2.99. grin cool

Why you dey pick query with OP? She simply told you what the manufacturer of the product said and you want her to do research to tell you why the manufacturer said it did not advise feeding to kids less than 3 yrs old?..u for koko tellam make she come help u breast feed ur pickin while u r at it.

Am even surprise at some people here claiming that, they have been using it with no side-effect? A lot of things we feed our kids today do not manifest immediately, and they show up later in life in one form or another.

If a manufacturer of a product will take the pain, discomfort, possible lost of patronage, etc to inscribe on their product that..."Golden Morn is not infant Cereal and it is not suitable for children below 3 yrs of age"...any wise mother does not need to see a Doctor before discontinuing its use except to determine what effect/damage it might have cause or will cause in the future.

The manufacturers are not fools to put those labels, they are just trying to buy an insurance policy in case you come back and sue them tomorrow, they have given you enough warning....

5 Likes

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by chucky234(m): 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
Interesting,my baby has been eating Golden Morn since she was 6 months and she is 3yrs now,she love it and just can't do without it but we are yet to notice any discomfort.
I will check for the info before I buy another pack,thanks for the info.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by JallowBah(f): 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
Coldfeet: Exactly my thoughts feeding a one year old akpu and ewedu or any swallow isn't really a bad idea just make sure its not too thick! akpu especially,and the soup not peppery! My mother grew up on akpu and ofe ogbankpo! Its copy copy of the west that has made our own food taboo to us.

I totally agree, and I grew up in the western world. Its even more cheaper to give your kid food from your own meals as well..

2 Likes

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by linearity: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
onyx79: My 2 year old loves Golden Morn, no adverse reactions or any health scares. Same for my neighbour's son who was essentially weaned on the product. I see nothing wrong with Golden Morn!

Why not take the advice of the manufacturer of the product? The fact that, you did not see any 'health scares' on ur 2 yr old kid today, does not negate the fact that, the company that prepared this product clearly stated that it is not good for kids below 3yrs old.

Effect of food we eat today or chemicals we introduce to our body sometimes take years to manifest and some do not usually manifest like out blown 'health scares' it could be learning disability or struggle, it could be deficiency in one bodily hormone chemical or something. Many people still smoke today despite the warnings, because they do not see the 'health scares' but people in the know who have done the scientific research tells us that cigarette is not good for your health.

Prov 12:15...said "....But he who heeds counsel is wise."

1 Like

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by JallowBah(f): 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
tpia@:

Not sure what food was being referred to, since we do not know what they eat in gambia.

And if the food in question is fulani, then it might be milk products or something like tuwo.

Pepper soup, benachin (rice and the meat you prefer and vegetables all cooked together ), domodoa/maffe ( peanutpaste ), soupa-kanja ( Okra ), and placas, wich is spinach. And milk/yoghurt with oatmeal, and also bread.
All the food with rice is normally, in Gambia, cooked with much pepper. But, I havent grown up with much pepper, so she eats everything I eat. She even loves the strong peppersoup her daddy makes, that I can not eat myself.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by JallowBah(f): 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
Seun:

...say what?

Are you implying that kids who eat food from Nestlè will be smarter than kids who eat what their parents eat? Really?

1 Like

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by JallowBah(f): 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
hakuna matata: [size=8pt]
sO tHe RaStAmAn iS fRoM gAmBia?
hhhhhhhhhhhhhmn NoW i KnOw SoMeThInG! grin

Pfff, that aint newsmiley
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Seun(m): 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2012
pappilo: This comment makes no sense.
How can you feed little children with starch and cooked roughages and expect them to reach their potential? smiley
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by JallowBah(f): 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
Seun:
How can you feed little children with starch and cooked roughages and expect them to reach their potential? smiley

...uhm. It is actually much for more healthy for the body and mind to get fresh vegetables in their food, than processed things that have been added so much that the expire-date is two years from now.

1 Like

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by digitite: 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2012
Seun:

At least, they are better than processed food. And besides, if you want your kids to be smart, there are certain food you can add to their diet like walnut, vegetables, fruits and seeds like sesame, flax seed and to teach him or her the principle of logic and critical thinking etc.....
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by queensmith: 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2012
kandiikane: Ahhh, I remember my first ever golden morn. I cried for a bit and wondered where in heaven it has been all my life.

haha!

people should try to feed their kids actual food as early as possible. I know (especially the poor) believe childrens food is anything sweet and mushy. No kids need vitamins and nutrients, feeding them one type of food isn't going to give them that They need variety.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by queensmith: 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
and yes, golden morn and cerelac are the most amazing things ever. . . . .and supermalt. . . .the wonderful things that come from africa grin grin grin
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
Seriously I don't know where people got the idea that golden morn is for infant. To me its a cereal for children, teens and adults.

Sometimes when am enjoying my cereal people won't let me be.Disturbing me, and asking- am I a baby undecided

Thank God u have all been alerted,now I can have my peace when having my cereal cool

1 Like

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Peterwins(m): 10:04pm On Oct 13, 2012
Coldfeet: Nobody is saying Gmorn is bad its just not adviceable to feed it to babies!! Just like you'll find on most pasturized milk the warning that says LIKE COWS MILK THIS PRODUCT HAS NOT BEEN MORDIFIED FOR INFANT FEEDING!!! And still people give them to their babies, also the warning on tobacco yet there many 80yr old smokers around! Feed your babies gmorn if you like but know this if something goes wrong with your baby as a result of gmorn feeding Nestle already got their defence! THEY PLACED A WARNING!!!!!! GOLDEN MORN IS NOT AN INFANT CEREAL (incase you don't know the defination of infant google is dia) NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN BELOW 3 years of age. There is a good reason why the health ministry made sure that warning is placed on the pack.
Thanks for this response. Its difficult to help ignorant and stubborn people. Nestle has placed a "disclaimer" on this product. Why would any responsible parent knowingly feed their under 3 year old children with this cereal even after such a discovery/information. I got this info verbally. Went to a supermarket to confirm the authenticity of the info. Posted it on the internet (Nairaland Forum) to help those that have been using this product wrongly and yet some people (even parents ) still complain. Ignorance is no longer an excuse after you have been informed about this issue. Good night everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by plendil: 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
Seun:

It's been done before bro. . .I'm living proof of that.

Nothing like cerelac or any of those crap for us. NA AKAMU (occasionally with milk if mum is in a good mood grin )for just the first year, then solid eba afterwards! cool
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by fidelio(m): 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2012
a Zillion thanx to the OP, I had to rush to check the 1kg golden morn we've been feeding our kid. It is boldly written at the bacc !!!
see attached the pic for those who are still looking for where it is written.
thanx again and may GOD continue to protect us..

1 Share

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by gfus: 11:11pm On Oct 13, 2012
JallowBah: I dont trust Nestle much when it comes to anything. Make your own food in the morning, it takes just as much time.

Any reason?
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by plendil: 12:06am On Oct 14, 2012
It certainly is a new addition. All those I've told about it have expressed surprise that such a warning existed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! / Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown / Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.